** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I've just had small stakes on 3 tournament outrights on Betfair: Baxter 40.0 Webster 25.0 Barney 18.5 I've got Baxter to beat Barney in tonights match, whichever one wins should be cut on Betfair giving me a chance to trade one of them. Webster seems big at 25.0 although he'll have to face Taylor or Lewis but I've already got Lewis outright and Whitlock outright. The only person I haven't backed is Taylor. I am hoping he loses tonight as that will give me a guaranteed payout on one of the others, I know it's unlikely but gives me a realistic interest for the rest of the tournament for stakes that won't bankrupt me. Wish I'd backed Lewis and Whitlock on betfair so I could have traded them and got free bets but they're with bookies.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 The 125-1 man is looking superb. Even though I didn't take it, I will be routing for Kev and the rest as it is the sort of pick that makes this forum just great! Will be betting against Barney again this evening as he was far from impressive in the last round. Surely another 90 three dart average cannot allow him to progress. As a recent darts follower I don't know much about Baxter. What are his credentials in big match games?

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 To put it politely 'not good' (two BDO World Championship Finals and he didn't win either. He lost 6-5 to Raymond van Barneveld, and 6-0 to Ted Hankey in the infamous '46 minutes' final). His best performances since his switch to the PDC, in the World Championship has been a quarter-final back in 2002. In other PDC TV events, Ronnie's been a runner-up in the World Matchplay in 1998 (lost to Rod Harrington in a thrilling 19-17 match) and the Las Vegas Desert Classic in 2002 (3-0 in sets to Phil Taylor the last time it was played in a set-play format). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Baxter This is Baxter's best ever chance to beat Raymond but how much will van Barneveld raise his game tonight!? Raymond seems to be a bit of a bogeyman for Ronnie (Baxter has only ever beaten van Barneveld ONCE in fourteen attempts). Baxter had two darts last year to KO Raymond with a double 8 in a sudden-death leg at the end of seven sets only to miss both, and let Raymond in who checked out on 60. Was thoroughly mesmerized by the Whitlock vs. Wade match enough that I didn't bother going on the 'net for the last two hours. :lol Wish I concentrated my efforts in analyzing that match instead! I think every conceivable stat went over the bookies' over/under total! :loon

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Should be interesting if you weigh up the stats.... In theory you could argue Baxter does bottle it, but not until the final, as this is a qtr he may be alright. However he has a terrible record against Barney. I think this has to be decided on a 'form' front for the punter... and as i've posted previously, that points to Baxter. Good Luck all :hope

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010

To put it politely 'not good' (two BDO World Championship Finals and he didn't win either. He lost 6-5 to Raymond van Barneveld, and 6-0 to Ted Hankey in the infamous '46 minutes' final). His best performances since his switch to the PDC, in the World Championship has been a quarter-final back in 2002. In other PDC TV events, Ronnie's been a runner-up in the World Matchplay in 1998 (lost to Rod Harrington in a thrilling 19-17 match) and the Las Vegas Desert Classic in 2002 (3-0 in sets to Phil Taylor the last time it was played in a set-play format). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Baxter This is Baxter's best ever chance to beat Raymond but how much will van Barneveld raise his game tonight!? Raymond seems to be a bit of a bogeyman for Ronnie (Baxter has only ever beaten van Barneveld ONCE in fourteen attempts). Baxter had two darts last year to KO Raymond with a double 8 in a sudden-death leg at the end of seven sets only to miss both, and let Raymond in who checked out on 60. Was thoroughly mesmerized by the Whitlock vs. Wade match enough that I didn't bother going on the 'net for the last two hours. :lol Wish I concentrated my efforts in analyzing that match instead! I think every conceivable stat went over the bookies' over/under total! :loon
Good information, so everybody who is betting against Barney today will loose probably. But I don't want to be a part of that. So no bet

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 3 for me tonight. Looks like I'm going against the grain with the 1st one but I fancy a couple that have already been mentioned in the so called game of the night. 3pts R.Barneveld (-1.5 sets) to beat R.Baxter Evs Boylesports This is an interesting game to weigh up and on all form so far in this tournament Baxter has to be the bet but I fancy Barney will up his game tonight to a level we are more used to see him play. He struggled early on in the tournament last year and then when the QF's came around he upped it bigtime and sent a very game Klaasen back to Holland with a tonking. He may not tonk Baxter tonight but I do think he'll beat him. I'm not sure Baxter has it upstairs and when the pressure is on, that D20 which is usually his forte becomes his weakness very quickly. If Barney plays well then Baxter's scoring is only enough to keep him hanging on IMO. He doesn't hit many 180's and while his 140's are good 60's are all too frequent. Barney hasn't impressed in a long time but I think the day off and the fact he's the early game tonight will see Barney is a better position than he was the other night and I think he'll beat Baxter tonight and beat him no worse than 5-3. 3pts A.Lewis (+2.5 sets) to beat P.Taylor 5/4 Totesport 4pts A.Lewis vs P.Taylor - Highest Checkout Over 129.5 7/10 Boylesports Adrian Lewis has played his best darts of all time this week. I think he'll give Taylor a game here. Whether he's mentally strong enough to beat him I'm not sure but if he plays like he has so far he'll give Taylor problems and big problems at that. Whenever Taylor gets put under severe pressure the 108-110 averages tend to go out of the window and the doubles are as reliable. Equally if he gets on top early this could end 5-0 pretty quickly. However I sense Lewis will keep this close. I think his scoring power will give himself chances even against the Taylor scoring. He probably won't take them all but I fancy him to take enough to win 3 sets. Both players will score well and give themselves chances at big otushots here. Taylor has a 170 to his name this week and Lewis a 164 so they are both capable of the big kills. We've got the 130 on our side this time which I like. In order to stay with Taylor, Lewis may have to kill a big checkout or two so I'm happy to be on this over.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Baxter didn't show up, similar to Painter on wednesday. Barney did play better mind, I can't see Whitlock handing it to him on a plate though? -5pts Baxter single, doubles and treble but still a +2.5pt profit on the 3 games i've posted on today. takes me to +23.145 for the thread.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Hmmm. H2H between Whitlock and van Barneveld is 1-1? The difference is that Whitlock's ability has gone considerably up since 2006 but I fear the 'adrenalin dump' and Simon not turning up/has peaked. Outright odds right now on Stan James: Taylor 2/5, Whitlock 9/2, van Barneveld 6/1, Lewis 10/1 and Webster 25/1

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Despite a couple of losses in that last game, a decent enough day for me. Picked up 14.7pts so I'm now +22.73pts going into the semi finals where a few of us are on Whitlock at effectively 62.5/1 when he's a best priced 8/11 :loon.

Baxter didn't show up, similar to Painter on wednesday. Barney did play better mind, I can't see Whitlock handing it to him on a plate though? -5pts Baxter single, doubles and treble but still a +2.5pt profit on the 3 games i've posted on today. takes me to +23.145 for the thread.
Solid effort that mate :clap:clap. :hope the Wizard brings in a wedge tomorrow :ok.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 great days darts i've had Webster to win his qtr at 11s, and whitlock to win his AND still have whitlock to win EW at 66s i have to say would prefer Whitlock to face taylor in final, after what i saw of Simon today, will post for tommorron night later but hope for a repeat of todays quality yhe frist two sets of Whitlock were the best darts i have ever seen i reckon

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Feeling a bit flat about the arrows today after that taylor performance. From a betting perspective, just when I thought there was a chink of light for someone like lewis to take a few sets, then taylor just mullers him!. I had barney at 11/8 to win his quarter, so was happy enough, but surpised at the no show from baxter. On the health front barney has been to his doctor and got some pills to keep his condition at bay- he looked so much fitter and ready to go the distance yesterday. I was interested in the post match interviews yesterday. Taylor was saying that playing at night is the equivalent of being a night shift worker, conserve energy during the day and turn up for work fresh at night. In the following interview after barney's victory, barney said he will be taking his daughters sight seeing around london today before his match- hardly conserving energy for tonight!- don't want to see a repeat of barney doing an impression of a the buffalo hit by the tranquiliser gun again!. Not going to jump in early with bets for tonight, although Im loving the whitlock show, barney rated as a 11/10 shot- will be interesting where they set the handicap line in favour of barney- my guess would be they will give barney 2.5 sets start at around 4/7 and I might take some of that, because I think they will share a few sets despite whitlock being on fire- we saw the same thing with baxter, everyone said barney had no chance comparing the average stats. And as barney said in his interview- stats are for journalists and tv presenters- he has hardly dropped a set through the tournament and he's in the semis again. In terms of taylor 1/50 v webster 10/1- I would like to take webster if they give him a big ( and I mean BIG handicap start)- but after last night's show from taylor ?? look forward to all your tips to come through the day :gimme

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Whitlock -1.5 sets @ 11/10 paddy power Whitlock most 180's @ 3/4 boyle sports I'll be putting a few quid on these two. If whitlock starts as fast as he has in all previous games he should see off barney no worse than 6-4. And he's hitting 180's for fun. had a few quid on barney -1.5 sets last night, nice one kev :clap

SportDarts
EventSimon Whitlock v Raymond van Barneveld
SelectionSimon Whitlock -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2010
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningRight time to get money back going against van Barneveld. Baxter was absolutely terrible against him, same as Painter was before. Still don't think he's playing well and put him under pressure can't see him coming through. Whitlock has been brilliant in this tournament and is playing so much better than Barney. If he can average near 100 this should be comfortable.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana (words not necessary)

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 As much as Taylor is giving Webster the occasional 'chance' to win a leg I think Phil is merely teasing Mark. Webster has 'frozen' (he's won one leg with an 8 checkout and he's 2-0 down in sets) as Taylor wants to win this 6-0 for an early night.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 well tonight sees the last act in the best darts WC we have ever seen record number of 100+ avgs, something you won't see much of at other supposed WCs, anyway before posting on final i want to have a quick review of action so far, we have had players come through Webster, and Whitlock both will be challenging for event wins this season, Lewis showed signs that he is maturing and is closer now to winning a major than ever, despite early exits others like Osborne, Nicholson, Greebe, showed the future of the pro game is in good hands, and this event nay have seen us say goodbaye to Manley, Mardle and Part all of whom have given us magical momnets in the past but who now will have a tough job to regain a top 32 place with the young talent that is now in the PDC, all in all, a great tournament we've had great games. Nicholson v Tenkins, Osborne v Whitlock were the tsand outs in round one, round two Tabern v Dudbridge was a classic, along with Painter v VDV, round three saw Wade v Hamilton as the stand out as Painter and Anderson failed to live up to expectations qtr finals saw two walk overs, and in Wade v Whitlock for me the game of the tournament and in that gamw Whitlock played the first two sets in the bets display of darts i have ever seen, then last night Whitlock came back from two sets down to overcome barney (who remember i said would not reach final) and Webster being overawed by the master which leave us the two bets players of the tournament, BRING IT ON !!!

SportDarts
EventRaymond van Barneveld v Mark Webster
SelectionMark Webster
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningWebster was battered by Taylor last night but that seemed to be a mental thing for him playing Taylor. Before that he was playing some really good darts in this tournament and I think he'll want to play well here. Barney had a really tough match against Whitlock, and considering the amount of titles and finals he has been in, this probably means a little more to Webster. Also in a short format - first to 10 legs - this price seems too big.
SportDarts
EventPhil Taylor v Simon Whitlock
SelectionSimon Whitlock +4.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2010
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningWhitlock needs to get 3 sets to cover this, and I think he will. Taylor has destroyed challenges of Lewis and Webster but I think he'll find this tougher. Mentally Whitlock seems to be different to these guys and I think he can get relatively clsoe to Taylor. First of all, I'm sure he'll win a set, he's just playing too well not to. If he can get a set early and not fall too far behind I think he'll put up a big challenge before Taylor comes through 7-3 or 7-4.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 ok for me the following TAYLOR 1/9 V WHITLOCK 5/1. without doubt the two bet players are cotesting the final. taylor has come through his half dropping only on set, indeed he has lost on 5 sets in the last two years at Ally Pally, with only King taking more than one in last years semi, so that is a display of his dominance, Taylor has been his usual self, getting better as the event goes on and against Lewis he was at his best, against Webster while still awesome you got the feeling he was only doing what he had to, conserving something extra for final, Simon has been the revelation of the tournament since his first game against Osborne he has shown his hand, to be brilliant and not be intimidated, after the classic against Wade he played Barney inj the best form he has shown in tournament, and came back from a two set deficit too, something that i did see against barney was that as it approached squeeky bum time, he did show signs of nerves missing big numbers but that is understandable, he has a an excellent quality that i have spotted, the ability to adjust his second and third darts if first is off target and he is superb at takingout big outshots. both similar qualities to taylor, i have to say i expect The power to win but im having the 4.5 handicap on whitlock @ EVENS,that is far to generous for me and will also have a shot at biggest checkout over 136.5 that figure would usually scare me off but tonights pair are capable of beating it, easily. Another thing to consider in the handicap is to think back to the GSOD in 2008, when Whitlcok played Taylor if you recall simon came out of the blocks on fire and i think he went 6 or 7 nil up in legs (equivalent to two sets) in the lead befoer the power regained his equilibrum and came back to win, and i reckon that Taylor will remember that and maybe he will show signs of nerves at he start. anyway hoping for real good game and my score line would be 7-3 or 7-4 taylor, and no matter what happens my 50/1 on Simon at the start is guarunteed as an EW anyway so that'll ding dang do me.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 Taylor v Whitlock - Whitlock +4.5 Sets @ 6/5 Skybet Skybet are offering a nice price on the handicap, Taylor has cruised through last two games winning 5-0 and 6-0 and it may be risky to go against him demolishing but I think he'll face a tougher test against Whitlock, who is throwing well and showed last night he has bottle. Whitlock will only need to take three sets here and I can see him holding his throw well tonight.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championships 2010 I read yesterday that Wade stormed off after the Whitlock match. Whitlock said Wade had deliberately backed into him at the oche so he gave him a nudge to know he wasn't intimidated by him or his gamesmanship. Wade and him had words backstage between sets and then Wade stormed off after the match. Also read that Whitlock had not seen or heard from his kids for 8 weeks after splitting up with his Mrs and that has been playing on his mind. He mentioned about tapping his arm and said he has had a new tattoo that he feels has actually helped the mental side of his game, my guess would be it is his kids names. He does seem mentally strong and I don't expect him to fold or get steamrollered like Lewis and Webster so those on the +4.5 sets handicap bet could have a very good bet there. Might have a look at that myself. Would like to see Whitlock win it as he seems like a really decent fella, nice to see someone else win it for a change and also because of those on here with massive prices on him. I took 25's after 1st or 2nd round but those on at between 66's to 125's must really be keeping their fingers crossed. I'm going to check out match total 180's and individual lines for 180's for tonights bets too. :ok