** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Inside Info!

Re: Inside Info / Hot Tips...

had a bit of ante post info - the horse is entered twice at Royal Ascot Kings Stand on the 1st day of Royal ascot (19th June), its also in the Golden Jubilee on the Saturday over 6f. WI DUD 33/1 for both races. will update if i get an inkling of what race it will go in. May even run in both!
Along with this one, i was given 3 more today One is in the Royal Hunt Cup 4.20 Weds ROYAL OATH 14's with Ladbrokes but 11's in some places :ok The other 2 are 2yo's & i havent got the names yet. I know Jimmy Fortune is riding one of them. I will post up more later.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Inside Info / Hot Tips...

Along with this one, i was given 3 more today One is in the Royal Hunt Cup 4.20 Weds ROYAL OATH 14's with Ladbrokes but 11's in some places :ok The other 2 are 2yo's & i havent got the names yet. I know Jimmy Fortune is riding one of them. I will post up more later.
This horse is also tipped up on ATR Ascot Microsite. Has a decent write up, worth a read:ok

Re: Inside Info! Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, however with this being Inside Info thread I thought it was apt... Would most people agree here with me that at a Big Meeting that Inside Information is less likely as most horses at the meeting have been trained to perform their best anyway towards the meeting? What I'm trying to say is you can't take a tip for a Big Meeting as seriously as a tip for a lesser meeting where it is most likely that the tip will not be up against a host of tips! My general feeling on this is to disregard so called Inside Info / Tips at Big Meetings and concentrate on the lesser Meetings - Do you agree?

Re: Inside Info! not totally jonsey as certain trainers have big races in mind and use smaller meetings to get horses fit, ect.but i do agree it is stiffer opposition at larger prize money events therefore harder to win but i for one would still rather have info as at least you know its fit and well and trying. great thread keep the info comming guys.

Re: Inside Info!

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, however with this being Inside Info thread I thought it was apt... Would most people agree here with me that at a Big Meeting that Inside Information is less likely as most horses at the meeting have been trained to perform their best anyway towards the meeting? What I'm trying to say is you can't take a tip for a Big Meeting as seriously as a tip for a lesser meeting where it is most likely that the tip will not be up against a host of tips! My general feeling on this is to disregard so called Inside Info / Tips at Big Meetings and concentrate on the lesser Meetings - Do you agree?
Got to agree with you. With so many in the fields alot of the races will come down to luck in running. I suppose people will just have to decide whether or not to get involved. For example i backed ROYAL OATH weeks ago for Ascot acting on info i'd read elsewhere, but i could also back a few more in the race for other reasons. When the thread started i thought inside info meant we would be putting up genuine gambles that were unlikely to be highlighted in press/media beforehand. Maybe i'm being too picky and i apologize if it offends. Only if something isn't said i can see the place being flooded with 'inside tips' this week.

There seems to be alot missing especially some of TBR's Arlow Ger for one last weekend and I recall a great double he came up with? [Edit]Sorry just read you been having power/saving troubles, maybe I jumped the gun, you havent finished[/Edit]
Yes I've had 4 in here i think....3 winners and 1 2nd(which is there)....

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in, however with this being Inside Info thread I thought it was apt... Would most people agree here with me that at a Big Meeting that Inside Information is less likely as most horses at the meeting have been trained to perform their best anyway towards the meeting? What I'm trying to say is you can't take a tip for a Big Meeting as seriously as a tip for a lesser meeting where it is most likely that the tip will not be up against a host of tips! My general feeling on this is to disregard so called Inside Info / Tips at Big Meetings and concentrate on the lesser Meetings - Do you agree?
As this is personally aimed at my tips for Royal Ascot, i dont agree. I could put them into a daily thread or here. If i wait for the day, the price m,ay have gone. People on here know me by now & if they want to back it they will. I am not sdaying it will win. The info has come from a racing journalist of the highest order who is a family friend. He only passes on info to us as he knows us well, otherwise he keeps it to himself. He has access to jockeys, trainers & gallop watchers.
Got to agree with you. With so many in the fields alot of the races will come down to luck in running. I suppose people will just have to decide whether or not to get involved. For example i backed ROYAL OATH weeks ago for Ascot acting on info i'd read elsewhere, but i could also back a few more in the race for other reasons. When the thread started i thought inside info meant we would be putting up genuine gambles that were unlikely to be highlighted in press/media beforehand. Maybe i'm being too picky and i apologize if it offends. Only if something isn't said i can see the place being flooded with 'inside tips' this week.
This is true however, the thread is named as such so they will be posted. I still only follow certain people on here as i dont know the others as well yet. I have missed a few nice winners by doing that but thats life. Surely, any info is taken in such a way that you are responsible for your own actions. in other words, you take it or leave it.

I suppose it highlights the need to give the exact source of the info so that people can make a decision on how strong it is.Then we can all use it how we wish.
Agreed. One of the 2yo tips is from the jockey himself. I will get that later today.

Re: Inside Info! Not personally aimed at anybody! my post was made as a discussion in that like the jumps season all the good horses are aimed at the Big Meetings at Cheltenham and Aintree and you can't take a tip from anybody as seriously, as if it was in an egg and spoon race on a wet monday afternoon, as the quality of opposition is going to be far less!!! Do with that as you will, but my comments are not aimed at any one individual who tips on this thread.

As this is personally aimed at my tips for Royal Ascot, i dont agree. I could put them into a daily thread or here. If i wait for the day, the price m,ay have gone. People on here know me by now & if they want to back it they will. I am not sdaying it will win. The info has come from a racing journalist of the highest order who is a family friend. He only passes on info to us as he knows us well, otherwise he keeps it to himself. He has access to jockeys, trainers & gallop watchers. This is true however, the thread is named as such so they will be posted. I still only follow certain people on here as i dont know the others as well yet. I have missed a few nice winners by doing that but thats life. Surely, any info is taken in such a way that you are responsible for your own actions. in other words, you take it or leave it.

Re: Inside Info! I can see what you mean Jonesy as there is less fiddling goes on in the big races than in the smaller handicaps. Saying that though there was a Cheltenham preview night the other year and Ferdy Murphy was there. He told the punters he was expecting a good run from Hot Weld and to get on. It duly won at 33-1. I think Bowles is right to get up the Ascot tips due to the price and value and if someone is already considering backing it that bit of info could sway them into a bet. That info from the gallops can be priceless, my mate knew a woman who rode out for Willie Musson and she used to give us an insight into how the horses were likely to perform. As for inside info my mate has just text me. He's got a tip from someone he knows who has tipped him about 4 horses so far with 3 winning and 1 losing, quite decent prices usually. He's been told to take on the fav in the 3.20 Folkestone with KEYAKI and it's around 5-1. The bloke has stable connections but that's about as much as I know. I don't like backing tips but I feel it's only right to share it with others that do. :ok

I can see what you mean Jonesy as there is less fiddling goes on in the big races than in the smaller handicaps. Saying that though there was a Cheltenham preview night the other year and Ferdy Murphy was there. He told the punters he was expecting a good run from Hot Weld and to get on. It duly won at 33-1. I think Bowles is right to get up the Ascot tips due to the price and value and if someone is already considering backing it that bit of info could sway them into a bet. That info from the gallops can be priceless, my mate knew a woman who rode out for Willie Musson and she used to give us an insight into how the horses were likely to perform. As for inside info my mate has just text me. He's got a tip from someone he knows who has tipped him about 4 horses so far with 3 winning and 1 losing, quite decent prices usually. He's been told to take on the fav in the 3.20 Folkestone with KEYAKI and it's around 5-1. The bloke has stable connections but that's about as much as I know. I don't like backing tips but I feel it's only right to share it with others that do. :ok
pardon my stupidity mowgli..But what does take on the fav mean??

Not personally aimed at anybody! my post was made as a discussion in that like the jumps season all the good horses are aimed at the Big Meetings at Cheltenham and Aintree and you can't take a tip from anybody as seriously, as if it was in an egg and spoon race on a wet monday afternoon, as the quality of opposition is going to be far less!!! Do with that as you will, but my comments are not aimed at any one individual who tips on this thread.
No offence taken Jonesy, its just that i started to post up Roayl Ascot horses & then the comments were made about Royal Ascot & other big meetings. I have the two 2yo's now but will wait until the day now.

Apologies for being pedantic, but it means to lay the 'jolly', not back something else in the same race. And I forgot bowles10s lay on my chart.

bowles10

Sixties Icon.

11-8

7th of 7
i think we all have different interpretations of the phrase to be honest. Cheers CM, i forgot about that one!

Re: Inside Info! Well how funny was that :loon :loon :loon :loon BF mates on here as guests no doubt, thes know my phone numbers, 30 seconds after I leave the thread, I'm standing there with 'Beefy' in my hand(s) and both mobiles and the landline ring. Bastards.

IRELAND

xabi400

Hide the Evidence

8-1

4th

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Tranquil Sea

11-2

21st

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Clonsilla Affairs

7-1

3rd

£0.40

weekendgambler

The Bosses Nephew

5-1

2nd

LEVEL

appollo 10

Native Churchtown

9-2

3rd

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Ballycullen Boy.

2-1

WON

£4.00

weekendgambler

Crumlin Flyer

5-1

2nd

LEVEL

appollo 10

Sandyzar

9-1

7th

-£2.00

stewardt14

Down Town Maulin

8-1

9th

-£2.00

TheBoyRooney

Enfield Chase

2-1

WON

£4.00

TheBoyRooney

Ehsan

4-1

WON

£8.00

appollo 10

Mount Henry

7-4

P.U.

-£2.00

TheBoyRooney

Arklow Ger

4-1

WON

£8.00

TheBoyRooney

Mudslinger

3-1

WON

£6.00

£18.40

Nad El Sheba

bowles10

Thors Echo

7-2

7th

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Youmzain

13-2

3rd

£0.30

-£1.70

Hey Guys, Met that ayr lass, linda perratt again. She said that regal royale will go close today. Not sure how she knows but thats what she said Windsor - 8.05 - regal royale I got it at 20/1 EW p.s my last 2 pieces of information were disappointing. So maybe just a small bet for thid one
good luck with this one :ok i've taken a small stake @ 4.5 on Betfair for a place, offering 4 places.:)

Ascot Tuesday SOM TALA 4.55 race from my usual source, should be around 7/1 the 1st 2yo doesnt run until Wednesday
Certainly one that caught my eye tonight anyway while looking! Defo a decent EW bet

Hey Guys, Met that ayr lass, linda perratt again. She said that regal royale will go close today. Not sure how she knows but thats what she said Windsor - 8.05 - regal royale I got it at 20/1 EW p.s my last 2 pieces of information were disappointing. So maybe just a small bet for thid one
A nice 3rd there, well done. :ok

3rd place Well done, I had him at 16's earlier. Ran well :nana :nana :nana :nana