** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Inside Info!

Re: Inside Info! okay not trying to make enemies here, and im not totally sure what has happened today as some posts seem to have been deleted...But why are some guys being jumped on the moment they stray slightly from the topic or dont post the exact source of their info, yet Carl (and no offense to you) can post something which clearly isnt inside info (he even says so) and no one bats an eyelid (great tipping by the way carl). Whats going on? We dont want to discourage people from posting any info they hear do we?? If ive got the wrong end of the stick and this guy has been banned for other reasons please feel free to set me straight... Cheers

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Inside Info!

okay not trying to make enemies here, and im not totally sure what has happened today as some posts seem to have been deleted...But why are some guys being jumped on the moment they stray slightly from the topic or dont post the exact source of their info, yet Carl (and no offense to you) can post something which clearly isnt inside info (he even says so) and no one bats an eyelid (great tipping by the way carl). Whats going on? We dont want to discourage people from posting any info they hear do we?? If ive got the wrong end of the stick and this guy has been banned for other reasons please feel free to set me straight... Cheers
Hi Mate, Fair post and your comments are always welcome:ok Carl is a longstanding, valued and trusted member, who always has the best interests of PL & its members at heart. However, the posts that have been deleted were from a brand new member who was disregarding advice given about where to post (ie, in which thread) and was also aftereventing. The ban is temporary, and he will hopefully be back soon posting useful inside info. This thread has to be stay focussed, as it is very popular, and we want to keep everyone interested in it. Unfortunately, constantly going off topic doesn't help. Hope this helps answer your question:ok

Re: Inside Info! been off a few days, looking back on what i've missed, must be said :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap awesome thread, cracking info. anyone been thru to see what the profit is so far?(i'd do it myself if i was clever enough:ok ):) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLA'S dt

Hi Mate, Fair post and your comments are always welcome:ok Carl is a longstanding, valued and trusted member, who always has the best interests of PL & its members at heart. However, the posts that have been deleted were from a brand new member who was disregarding advice given about where to post (ie, in which thread) and was also aftereventing. The ban is temporary, and he will hopefully be back soon posting useful inside info. This thread has to be stay focussed, as it is very popular, and we want to keep everyone interested in it. Unfortunately, constantly going off topic doesn't help. Hope this helps answer your question:ok
Cool :ok I couldnt really work out what he had been banned for because I tink some of the posts were missing but now I fully understand. Im just worried that the most successful thread in PL history (I know, a bold claim but surely the yield even at level stakes must be huge) might lose its way. You never know, one day I might even meet someone on the inside and start to make some real contributions :spank

Re: Inside Info! yeah the tosser was banned for after-eventing which is a big no-no and also his post were just random crap. I was in 2 minds which section to post my Info in and I knew which ever one Id pick it would be wrong but I didnt want to put it up in the daily meetings thread as It wasnt my tip it was just information I had stumbled across which I thought I could share. I do post 4 runners per day that I also put up on my site and I know a couple of members follow my tips knowing at least 1 will win but I didnt want to put up that E/W as my tip and those posters follow it blind. I wanted to explain why I made the selection and the reasoning behind the selection showing the information. hope this explains why I put in it here rather just a selection time and a brief write up.

Re: Inside Info! Well done with your tips Carl, personally I don't care where you put them they are always worth a look.After timing winds me up too but I don't think the name calling of the new member was in order though and if you check back I think you will find he did not post again after Staffys justifiable warning on post #646 unless of course a post was intercepted.That is assuming it is Insiderman that is banned and not TBR. Lets get back to the info now, no more name calling or off subject posts. Stay lucky.

Well done with your tips Carl, personally I don't care where you put them they are always worth a look.After timing winds me up too but I don't think the name calling of the new member was in order though and if you check back I think you will find he did not post again after Staffys justifiable warning on post #646 unless of course a post was intercepted.That is assuming it is Insiderman that is banned and not TBR. Lets get back to the info now, no more name calling or off subject posts. Stay lucky.
What? i was only answering his questions on where i got my info from.... :@

Well done with your tips Carl' date=' personally I don't care where you put them they are always worth a look.After timing winds me up too but I don't think the name calling of the new member was in order though and [u']if you check back I think you will find he did not post again after Staffys justifiable warning on post #646 unless of course a post was intercepted.That is assuming it is Insiderman that is banned and not TBR. Lets get back to the info now, no more name calling or off subject posts. Stay lucky.
He did carry on posting garbage after #646 and forced Staffy into temp banning him as he wasn't listening to the friendly advice. His posts have been deleted since.

Re: Inside Info! Wright then on the 8th of this month i posted that NO REGRETS was fancied to run a big race that day, but was pulled out because the ground was to fast. Well today the animal runs at Market Rasen in the 2.30.... as its ground good to soft the fav looks beatable needing a faster surface to show it's best and his very unreliable. Very reliable contact say's he's having a good bet on this animal like i said earlier post 5 being a max bet, this being a 4 star bet. 7/4 is availabile @ sporting odds. GL if you follow

Re: Inside Info! Glad you said that Pete as I have just back from the bookies after placing a nice single on that one! got 7/4 as the other thing clearly needs fast ground... :hope

Wright then on the 8th of this month i posted that NO REGRETS was fancied to run a big race that day, but was pulled out because the ground was to fast. Well today the animal runs at Market Rasen in the 2.30.... as its ground good to soft the fav looks beatable needing a faster surface to show it's best and his very unreliable. Very reliable contact say's he's having a good bet on this animal like i said earlier post 5 being a max bet, this being a 4 star bet. 7/4 is availabile @ sporting odds. GL if you follow

been off a few days, looking back on what i've missed, must be said :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap awesome thread, cracking info. anyone been thru to see what the profit is so far?(i'd do it myself if i was clever enough:ok ):) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLA'S dt
DT, I was bored yesterday so I started it. I'm up to June 1st. I've not listed any Irish picks as I caudn't be arsed to find the results.. :loon or picks in The National, Guineas or Derby, as everbody hears something for these races, and you can't 'fiddle' in a National or a Classic. Hopefully be up to date by tomorrow morning as I'm not working this weekend.

Re: Inside Info! When we get thunderstorms here we tend to get temporary power cuts. Seeing as storms are forecast I decided to try and finish the table before they got here. I think I was on June 8th, merrily plodding along, when there was a temporary power cut and I lost all the Excel sheet since June 1st as I had not saved it while progessing. Excuse me for a second...:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ BOW LOCKS It's not even fkn raining yet !!!!!!! Back to the 1st of June then.... :sad :sad :sad

Re: Inside Info! MS Office should be saving temporary files somewhere. I'm not quite sure where, but when something like that happens you should be able to find the latest info entered in the .xls . Don't know where to look though :$ Anyone?

Re: Inside Info! Yes, if you have XP and your computer switches off without warning, you should be able to retrieve the file when you re-open excel. It should have a recovered version. If this doesnt come up, you can find it somewhere else but like mileni - I dont have a clue where. Zulu might know if he is arround.

Caught up anyway... :) Got all the posters, horse prices and finishing positions in an Excel table If it's allowed, will it copy and paste straight on to here? I can work out how much the profit is later.
Sounds fine to me. I am sure this will be a great help to people, so it is much appreciated. :ok :ok

Re: Inside Info! I have set this so that anything under 5/1 is backed for £2 win, and anything over 5/1 is backed £1 each way. Obviously some people would back horses shorter than 5/1 each way and save a bit of their win stake if the horse got placed. All each way bets have been calculated at one fifth the odds, with hopefully no errors. Let's hope this comes out okay.. :hope :hope :hope

POSTER

HORSE

S.P.

POSITION

Carter 12

Gower

1-5

WON

£0.40

Carter 12

Cusp

7-1

7th

-£2.00

Carl

Granston

14-1

12th

-£2.00

Arsenalpunter

Rapid City

7-2

4th

-£2.00

bowles10

Addicted

7-1

15th

-£2.00

bowles10

Capitana

7-1

13th

-£2.00

bowles10

Reveillez

9-2

WON

£9.00

bowles10

Buster Hyvonen

12-1

13th

-£2.00

peteg40

Princelet

8-1

P.U.

-£2.00

asificare

Lothian Falcon

11-2

WON

£6.60

Tenerman

Winsley

9-4

5th

-£2.00

Carl

Tarkesar

2-1

2nd

-£2.00

Bingers

Greenwood

9-1

8th

-£2.00

divot2583

Bahmain Duke

5-1

3rd

LEVEL

Carl

Clemax

8-1

5th

-£2.00

asificare

Lothian Falcon

9-2

2nd

-£2.00

JB1979

Norwegian

11-2

6th

-£2.00

peteg40

Treasury Counsel

4-1

3rd

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Striving Storm

17-2

2nd

£0.70

Mighty Magyar

Campli

11-2

12th

-£2.00

Carl

Wally Wonder

12-1

4th

-£2.00

Carl

Dolmur

3-1

P.U.

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Hallings Overture

10-1

8th

-£2.00

RussP

Rasaman

7-4

WON

£3.50

asificare

Lothian Falcon

7-2

3rd

-£2.00

devil tish

Silent Lucidity

2-1

WON

£4.00

gazabroad

Sinead Of Aglish

9-4

3rd

-£2.00

xabi400

Quick Sands

7-2

5th

-£2.00

Clarky101

Imperium

7-1

WON

£8.40

Cael

Stotsfold

15-8

2nd

-£2.00

hay presto

Fast Feet

5-2

2nd

-£2.00

stewartd14

Newkeylets

5-1

3rd

LEVEL

bowles10

Hansomis

7-1

7th

-£2.00

mowgli77

Dorn Dancer

7-4

4th

-£2.00

asificare

Fushe Jo

6-1

10th

-£2.00

weekendgambler

Lemonette

7-2

2nd

-£2.00

Mighty Magyar

Ishetoo

28-1

WON

£33.60

TheBoyRooney

Ink Spot

7-1

2nd

£0.70

stewartd14

Mr Aviator

8-1

WON

£9.60

Tenerman

Maximus Aurelius

4-1

5th

-£2.00

asificare

She's Our Dream

4-1

9th

-£2.00

Mighty Magyar

Alabama Spirit

17-2

6th

-£2.00

Carter 12

Gunfighter

12-1

7th

-£2.00

bowles10

Swiss Franc

4-7

WON

£1.14

Carter 12

Browneyes Blue

5-1

WON

£6.00

Carter 12

Synonymy

8-1

6th

-£2.00

Carter 12

Penang Cinta

7-4

4th

-£2.00

welshman 2005

Norminster

15-2

3rd

£0.50

Coralpeel

Turners Touch

9-2

3rd

-£2.00

Carter 12

Westfield Dancer

7-4

WON

£3.50

Carter 12

Amwell Brave

11-2

4th

-£2.00

cheltenham punter

Opal Noir

9-2

4th

-£2.00

Carter 12

Dan Tucker

4-1

3rd

-£2.00

xabi400

Recovery Man

12-1

4th

-£2.00

Remmer7

Moon Forest

10-3

4th

-£2.00

Carter 12

Bijou Dan

7-2

WON

£7.00

weekendgambler

Sonny Parkin

33-1

8th

-£2.00

Carter 12

Whaxaar

20-1

5th

-£2.00

Carter 12

Kings College Boy

7-1

2nd

£0.40

Carter 12

Labelled With Love

7-1

2nd

£0.40

bowles10

Echelon

7-4

WON

£3.50

munki

Kames Park

8-1

5th

-£2.00

BigGaz

Drifting Gold

9-2

2nd

-£2.00

undauntedtrier

Santinho

10-1

11th

-£2.00

dontaskquestions

Blaze Ahead

6-1

4th

-£2.00

Striker

Kashoof

7-2

5th

-£2.00

godofhorses

Trevian

8-1

3rd

£0.60

dontaskquestions

Treetops Hotel

16-1

2nd

£2.20

Cassius Marcellus

Soccer Jackpot

13-8

3rd

-£2.00

Super Ally

Dee Cee Elle

9-4

4th

-£2.00

Tenerman

Royal Rock

5-4

WON

£2.50

newport dyc

Don Pasquale

8-1

WON

£9.60

dontaskquestions

Obe One

33-1

11th

-£2.00

Carl

Aperitif

16-1

2nd

£2.20

dontaskquestions

Fulvio

10-1

4th

-£2.00

Tenerman

Oh So Saucy

5-2

3rd

-£2.00

jon16

Duke Of Buckingham

12-1

5th

-£2.00

peteg40

No Regrets

7-4

2nd

-£2.00

£10.04

Re: Inside Info! There seems to be alot missing especially some of TBR's Arlow Ger for one last weekend and I recall a great double he came up with? [Edit]Sorry just read you been having power/saving troubles, maybe I jumped the gun, you havent finished[/Edit]

DT, I was bored yesterday so I started it. I'm up to June 1st. I've not listed any Irish picks as I caudn't be arsed to find the results.. :loon or picks in The National, Guineas or Derby, as everbody hears something for these races, and you can't 'fiddle' in a National or a Classic. Hopefully be up to date by tomorrow morning as I'm not working this weekend.
You didn't go back far enough... ;)

Re: Inside Info! I just had a call from my brother in law who works in a bookies---He tells me that some of his faces are backing hunting tower 1.50@sandown currently 9/2. I'm goin e.w on this- to just about eturn my money if placed. ((be careful that no one else pulls out as there are only 8 runners left)))..Good Luck

I just had a call from my brother in law who works in a bookies---He tells me that some of his faces are backing hunting tower 1.50@sandown currently 9/2. I'm goin e.w on this- to just about eturn my money if placed. ((be careful that no one else pulls out as there are only 8 runners left)))..Good Luck
Cheers for the info, i would definately advise e/w, just be careful with this, i myself work in a bookies and yes sometime i can notice people picking out the same horse and it can sometimes win at a very nice price. Other times it comes nowhere and this is due IMO to be because a successful punter or good friend selects a horse and this horse gets passed around that shop by the regulars who all back it making it appear this way. Im not saying this is bad info just wanted others to no some more detail of this type of info The same can happen in price drops, if someone puts a large bet on a horse early due to it perhaps just having a name they like then this can drop the price slightly. Other people then may see just this one horse coming down in price so far and back it blindly. Suddenly we have a market plummet and everyone backs it thinking that someone must know something. Basically my point is to always check out the horse before backing it because of a price drop. I know for a lot of people this will be completely obvious to them and I now look stupid and if that is the case please disregard this post :ok

Re: Inside Info! Got mudslinger last night from me pal(who works with jockies the same feller gave all 3 winners i have in here)whilst in bookies...From same stable as arklow Ger,a reserve..Wasn't online sorry.. We told this other fella(who also works with horses) about it and he said "i wouldn't do it if i had a free bet"...It won... This guy not only works with jockies but he is a exceptional reader of races.>It's scary...Im going to try to get him to come online..

Cheers for the info' date=' i would definately advise e/w, just be careful with this, i myself work in a bookies and yes sometime i can notice people picking out the same horse and it can sometimes win at a very nice price. Other times it comes nowhere and this is due IMO to be because a successful punter or good friend selects a horse and this horse gets passed around that shop by the regulars who all back it making it appear this way. [u']Im not saying this is bad info just wanted others to no some more detail of this type of info The same can happen in price drops, if someone puts a large bet on a horse early due to it perhaps just having a name they like then this can drop the price slightly. Other people then may see just this one horse coming down in price so far and back it blindly. Suddenly we have a market plummet and everyone backs it thinking that someone must know something. Basically my point is to always check out the horse before backing it because of a price drop. I know for a lot of people this will be completely obvious to them and I now look stupid and if that is the case please disregard this post :ok
An excellent post imo. :ok

An excellent post imo. :ok
Cheers mate just trying to open the eyes of some amateur punters like myself, as I started out betting on the market drops, I got some good priced winners, but doing it blindly certainly isnt the profit maing way