GaF

Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge  

1. 1.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge

Well done everyone' date=' good showing from this forum...depending on how the results go next month I might stick a PL in front of my username...lol. Congratulations especially rose and heniak for the top two places.[/quote'] Don't be surprised mate, I told you during our private game last night that PL have it in the bag before it's begun and it seems I've been proved right! ;) :lol

There are some very interesting comments on the laddies forum regarding this...I point you to the below quote... ..we defo need to get more entrants for the next one, we were outnumbered heavily and there was alot (sic) of team playing going on, certainly with the PL players" Bosco I just don't think thats very nice. I'd like to tell them that no matter how many players they get, they'll still be outplayed. But that wouldn't make me a very gracious winner, so someone else might like to... Did anyone else percieve any team play, between us or ny other teams?
Can't say I noticed any team 'play', just support for team members on all sides as you would expect. If anything, towards the end, there was some chat on my table about it being a good idea to keep each other in from players I believe were from the laddies forum but even then I didn't notice anything in the actual play. As I posted earlier, I over-raised a couple of hands but I would have welcomed a call from anyone. And I folded a pair of 10s 'cos two players already effectively all-in and one was PL, but thinking about it now I probably would have folded if both were PL, and if neither were PL ! All looked above board to me on all sides. :ok

Guest gazza271

just left a nice message on laddies for the bad losers, and also on a thread where there asking people to soft play if heads up against a fellow team mate and they have the nerve to call us!
Just looked at it Morl, nice reply. to the point but not rude:ok

Well done everyone' date=' good showing from this forum...depending on how the results go next month I might stick a PL in front of my username...lol. Congratulations especially rose and heniak for the top two places.[/quote'] Cheers Trust. You will get your mate Walty to play in the next one won't you ;)

There are some very interesting comments on the laddies forum regarding this...I point you to the below quote... ..we defo need to get more entrants for the next one, we were outnumbered heavily and there was alot (sic) of team playing going on, certainly with the PL players" Bosco I just don't think thats very nice. I'd like to tell them that no matter how many players they get, they'll still be outplayed. But that wouldn't make me a very gracious winner, so someone else might like to... Did anyone else percieve any team play, between us or ny other teams?
Don't worry about it, Rosie, In a competition like this, if somebody wants to see collusion, they'll see it, whether it's there or not. Anyway, what's worse? Being accused of collusion or being accused of being a man?

Don't worry about it, Rosie, In a competition like this, if somebody wants to see collusion, they'll see it, whether it's there or not. Anyway, what's worse? Being accused of collusion or being accused of being a man?
mhhh...I had to think very carefully about that. For about half a second. :@ ...mutters to self about chavanism in poker.. I don't care what they think really, if they're too stupid to work out Rose might be a girls name, then I'm looking forward to seeing them at a table near me soon

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Absolutely ridiculous accusation from what I saw. I was taken out by Mr V (for which he WILL pay dearly!!!) - but time and time again I saw PL'rs going up against PL'rs, and absolutely no suggestion of soft/team playing (in fact what I saw probably pointed to the opposite!!) If anyone came to me with any specific allegations about any individual, and the evidence suggested "team playing" (i.e. cheating!!) then I would have no hesitation in banning that person immediately from PL (and am certain I would have the support of Paul and the other mods) - however such a vague and wishy washy accusation like they have made is indefensible - because there is no specific allegation to defend!!!! It is a shame that it has come to that from them (or one individual? haven't looked at the laddies forum yet) after a game that I thought was thoroughly enjoyable and played in a fantastic spirit by all. Sore losers I think (maybe after my performance tonight, I can get a game with them next week :P) !!!!

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Congratulations to Rose and all the other players who scored points last night. Talks about collusion are ridiculous though I did wonder if Peni had a thing going with the dealer when he dealt her quad tens on the final table.

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Well done all - as for the accusations of collusion, would be bad enough anyway, but coming from a forum where they openly discussed not raising when others from the team where in the pot!! :@ :@

Well done all - as for the accusations of collusion' date=' would be bad enough anyway, but coming from a forum where they openly discussed not raising when others from the team where in the pot!! :@ :@[/quote'] and they wouldn't have witnessed me and you up against each other on Sunday night! :rollin

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Well done all especially Rose and Hen :clap:clap:clap A table I was on early on and I think Blade, Fenner Mr V were there, there was definately collusion from the 'hold the cherry' brigade. Though I seem to remember shortly after that retribution was swift when Mr V took them out :ok I have never recieved any favours off any PLer (why? is it my jokes!) never expect any and definately will not give any, it may be a team challenge but we all are playing to win and thats probably where the others went wrong. Anyway sore losers from laddies (wrong attitude :moon) and probably just sour grapes from the fruitchatters :lol:rollin

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Suggestions of collusion are ludicrous. They obviously don`t know us or our forum because it`s the last thing that should be thrown at us. But in such events it`s an easy accusation to make when you`ve had your noses rubbed in it.

Suggestions of collusion are ludicrous. They obviously don`t know us or our forum because it`s the last thing that should be thrown at us. But in such events it`s an easy accusation to make when you`ve had your noses rubbed in it.
Spot on BA. I for one was taken down by a PLer (Hen actually, with his Kings), but I took out one too. We may be slightly comforted by going out to a fellow PLer in so far as we are at least losing our chips to someone in the same forum, but if they call that collusion then they are just extremely sore losers. As for Bosco, reason he may think that there was team play was the table he was on (he was sitting next to me) had 6 of us there at the start!!!!!

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Just got to say Well Done Boys and Girls.. Deserted you for this tournament to play for LPM (well, I do play live games with that crowd so think that's good enough reason) Be interesting to see the turnout at the next one as I guess the other forums will be trying like f*** to boost their numbers. As for the collusion accusations, pah, forget it... what is it, one, maybe two posts - and I guess from a sore loser. Overall, a good fun evening... lots of good banter and long may it continue in the next 2 games....

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Well. I know that Gaf cheated by generously handing me his chips. :lol :lol :lol I then returned the favour by giving them to Heniek, Rosie, Eltrev(?), crawf (oh hang on - he isn't PL but what the heck, I was feeling generous last night). :$ :$ :$ :$ For me the 'team' element only came in to play once I'd gone out! Whilst I was in I truly wanted to beat everyone.:spank I think its probably the same for most PLer's, but it's something we're used to cos of the monthly league. When I first joined PL there were many posts explaining how awkward it was playing against a fellow PLer, but we've all got so used to playing each other now I find it works the other way, and I take more pleasure in taking a PLer out, cos I know thats one less threat.;) Well played to all who made the points, and congratulations to Rose on her well deserved win - funnily enough I too was thinkng, "I thought Rose said she can't play MTT's" - bloody fibber!:D WELL DONE ROSE!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy MattD - Thanks for taking the time to organise all of this, and inviting us. By and large the banter was friendly enough, the standard of play was enjoyable, and it made a change not to see the word "szep". :clap :clap :clap :clap

Congratulations to Rose and all the other players who scored points last night. Talks about collusion are ridiculous though I did wonder if Peni had a thing going with the dealer when he dealt her quad tens on the final table.
Oh, did I forget to mention...???? :unsure I AM the dealer at Sporting Odds :loon Anytime Rosie and Hen...Anytime ;)

Re: Poker.co.uk up to $4,000 added Inter-Forum Challenge Well done Hen and Rose... just thought I'd sign up to your forum (very nice it is tooo) . Just thought I'd drop a quick note to say thanks for making it enjoyable and "competitive" night last night, plenty of banter and moody poker all round (just the way we like it in London :tongue2 ). A well deserved lead in the league table but with a few more LPM members russeled together we gonan give u a run for your money next month. :ok gg and gl Chewie2000 (London Poker Meetup and a newbie PL reader.) ps. Im in the 400Euro rebuy at the Irish Poker Open this weekend (Thanks Talksport) .. so if any of u guys n gals are there look out for the 6'5" northerner (that's me) give me a nudge and Ill buy you a drink or five.