1pt Pengfei - section 13 12/1 Paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------------
0.25pts Carty - section 16 14/1 Paddypower
0.25pts Holt - section 14 22/1 Paddypower
0.25pts Pullen - section 15 33/1 Bet365
0.25pts Ka Wai Cheung - section 3 66/1 Bet365
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2pt treble - Walden, Slessor & Wakelin 10/1 Paddypower

👌 Ronnie O'Sullivan looked great in his new attire at the Tour Championship, but afterwards admitted he's had to give psychiatrist Steve Peters a call to help sort out his unhappiness about the game.

“I’ve just decided I’m going to change my thinking and forget about trying to fathom my game out. If I change my thinking I can accept whatever is thrown at me and take whatever.

“It’s been a hard year, drove myself pretty much insane really. It’s just got to me. I decided to speak to Steve Peters, said I wasn’t happy.

“I had to go back to basics and get my head right. Deal with it because doing it the other way round isn’t working. I’ve got to accept that’s life. You can’t be perfect all the time and trying to be perfect all the time is not ideal.

“Just getting my head around it is the only option I’ve have left. I’ve driven myself mad for the last two years and not enjoyed any of it.”FB_IMG_1712327167094.thumb.jpg.61f6f9a03a825312ccda714789dec3b2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think Heathcote has a chance today, against Bingham. I would have liked Slessor to get the better of it for my treble but he missed the black to go 9-9. Nevertheless, he is playing some good stuff and I expect it will at least go close.

6pts Heathcote  (+3.5) to beat Bingham 4/6 Bet365
2pts Heathcote to beat Bingham 5/2 Bet365
1pt treble - Heathcote, Maguire and Wakelin 10/1 Bet365

5 hours ago, charliepie said:

Shocker from Robbo after leading 8-5! Let's hope for some interesting match-ups when the draw is done tomorrow. The Welsh squad are out in force once again with only Matthew Stevens losing yesterday.

yeah the accy let down by a 1/6 shot. So annoying. 

the draw has been made then. Initially I think Allen and Williams are my picks. Carter and Gary Wilson would be the outsider picks for me but at 200/1 i'm also going to take a very small bet on Jackson Page. He plays like Brecel did last year. All-out attack. He'll either lose easily or just go on a great run.

3pts Allen 12/1 Skybet
2.5pts M.Williams 14/1 Paddypower
-----------------------------------------
1pt e/w Carter 28/1 Bet365
1pt e/w G.Wilson 33/1 Bet365
0.25pts e/w J.Page 200/1 Paddypower

2 hours ago, Fader said:

the draw has been made then. Initially I think Allen and Williams are my picks. Carter and Gary Wilson would be the outsider picks for me but at 200/1 i'm also going to take a very small bet on Jackson Page. He plays like Brecel did last year. All-out attack. He'll either lose easily or just go on a great run.

3pts Allen 12/1 Skybet
2.5pts M.Williams 14/1 Paddypower
1pt e/w Carter 28/1 Bet365
1pt e/w G.Wilson 33/1 Bet365
0.25pts e/w J.Page 200/1 Paddypower

You can get better than that for all of those except for Allen on the exchanges - Page is twice the odds there. They're outright prices but you can sort out the each way part if they get that far in the tournament. 

Edited by Torque

Looking forward to tomorrow, the draw seems pretty good with an easier top half. Glad that Williams avoided Page ditto Higgins / Maguire. I can't remember how many qualifiers won their L32 match last year but it wouldn't surprise me if 5 or 6 managed it this year as they have the advantage of being match-sharp from the off. Spare a thought for Dave Gilbert who was saying to Rob Walker that he didn't want another 10am Sat or Sun match this year as it's the worst timeslot but has been handed just that!

17 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Looking forward to tomorrow, the draw seems pretty good with an easier top half. Glad that Williams avoided Page ditto Higgins / Maguire. I can't remember how many qualifiers won their L32 match last year but it wouldn't surprise me if 5 or 6 managed it this year as they have the advantage of being match-sharp from the off. Spare a thought for Dave Gilbert who was saying to Rob Walker that he didn't want another 10am Sat or Sun match this year as it's the worst timeslot but has been handed just that!

Yeah I watched that and thought the same thing. Makes me think that Brecel might get a good start. 

1 hour ago, kroni said:

Seems like a age for this to come round again. I've had a few bets over the last year using free bets etc. Williams, Anda, G Wilson and Brecel. Also had Robertson but that didn't work out🤮

Good luck all

Yeah sorry if that Robbo bet was my fault lol

Watching some of the Anda v Jones match. The standard is dreadful. Anda has been appalling by his standards, Jones should really be out of sight by now, but the only reason he isn't is because he's also playing pretty rubbish, mostly not taking the ample chances Anda has presented him with. The final frame just now to make it 5-2 to Jones was a comedy of errors, the only bright light being Anda's final green to blue where he actually strung three decent pots together (but then missed the final pink!, although he didn't need that anyway). You get the feeling Anda cannot play as poorly in the following sessions, and he'll be boosted by winning that last frame which he could so easily have lost. Whilst Jones is just not that great of a player overall in my opinion, if Anda shows up for the rest of the match, he still has a decent chance of winning, as Jones is just not as good a player as him. I put some money on Jones earlier when he looked like going 6-1 up, even with playing pretty poorly, but I covered with the Zhang+3.5 once I saw him actually potting a few balls in a row, which he has barely done all match, but I think a small wager on Zhang to win outright might even be warranted if the initial signs in frame 8 are good, let's see if he can get himself together and show what a quality player he is when he's in the right mood.

Edited by amity

Just now, amity said:

Watching some of the Anda v Jones match. The standard is dreadful. Anda has been appalling by his standards, Jones should really be out of sight by now, but the only reason he isn't is because he's also playing pretty rubbish, mostly not taking the ample chances Anda has presented him with. The final frame just now to make it 5-2 to Jones was a comedy of errors, the only bright light being Anda's final green to blue where he actually strung three decent pots together (but then missed the final pink!, although he didn't need that anyway). You get the feeling Anda cannot play as poorly in the following sessions, and he'll be boosted by winning that last frame which he could so easily have lost. Whilst Jones is just not that great of a player overall in my opinion, if Anda shows up for the rest of the match, he still has a decent chance of winning, as Jones is just not as good a player as him. I put some money on Jones earlier when he looked like going 6-1 up, even with playing pretty poorly, but I covered with the Zhang+3.5 once I saw him actually potting a few balls in a row, which he has barely done all match.

some players just do not perform on this stage. Even the big boys. Anda was lucky to get 2 there and should have a better session tomorrow. I still give him a decent chance of coming back from that because Jak Jones is also obviously nervous. 

I had a free bet with WH and took Anda at 5-2. As you say, I think Anda is a better player ultimately.

My gast is flabbered! What the bloody hell was that performance?! That's one qualifier through so let's see how close I get to my target of 5 or 6:-) Maguire/Jones's/Pang & Lyu/Lisowski/Day/Bingham all with good chances.

*edit* I forgot about O'Connor who should finish off the job from 7-2 but we all know what Selby can do!

Edited by charliepie

8 hours ago, Torque said:

No words for that from Brecel. Both the shots played and missed during the collapse at the end and then throwing in the towel with one snooker needed. 

That was shocking, I thought he never looked "on it" from the start but thought it was just nerves. Sums up my day, had horse fall at the first another pulled himself up before the first??? 😭 and 2 beaten in photo finishes 🤮🤮🤮

7 hours ago, kroni said:

That was shocking, I thought he never looked "on it" from the start but thought it was just nerves. Sums up my day, had horse fall at the first another pulled himself up before the first??? 😭 and 2 beaten in photo finishes 🤮🤮🤮

Sometimes it's just not your day. And when you hear Brecel saying he was ill and then that he didn't like the attention that came with being World Champion and then comments about being glad he's lost so the spotlight is off him, you know it was never going to be your day. It was interesting when he spoke about being ill where he said he probably would have pulled out at another tournament, but because this is such a big tournament he felt he had to play. Apparently though it's not big enough to try to overturn one snooker in a deciding frame.