** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Championships 2024 (inc QFs)

Posted (edited)

Now that you put it that way, yes it would be the jammiest route to the title(He also got the dream first round vs Dale). If it's another 7-1 or 6-2 tonight it might be over in the third session! The beeb showed some stat this afternoon that said Jak had played 45 hours vs about 23 for Wilson to get to the final so his tank is likely empty due to this.

Edited by charliepie

Good for Jak to win the session 5-4, should really have been 10-7 overnight but that final frame was dramatic. If he can put in a big session tomorrow afternoon and Kyren gives him a bit of help it might be a good evening finale!

24 minutes ago, Fader said:

you get the feeling that Jak Jones is exactly what Kyren needed to get a title.

Definitely. When you think about the players he could have faced - the stars definitely aligned for him.

47 minutes ago, Torque said:

Definitely. When you think about the players he could have faced - the stars definitely aligned for him.

I actually think that he would have bottled it against any top 8 player, too. It will be interesting to see if he goes on now and wins more.

2 hours ago, Fader said:

I actually think that he would have bottled it against any top 8 player, too. It will be interesting to see if he goes on now and wins more.

I'll stick my neck on the block - no - with the caveat of another dream draw.

He nearly mucked it up against Jones. It was fortunate he had so many frames in hand from the start of the match. He got so tight at the end and against a better opponent in a closer match I don't see how he would win.