** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Northern Ireland Open (plus QF)

Fader

8 hours ago, charliepie said:

Looks like he is playing tomorrow night but I don't fancy his chances against Matthew.

No, 4-0 or 4-1 job I reckon.

Just the one for me today. Highfield looked good last week and ran out of steam when he got to Ali Carter. I think he beats Doherty by a couple of frames as a minimum. Doherty has hit two 50+ breaks in the last four matches combined. They've played three times and Highfield has won all three. Two of those covered this handicap and that's without the form that Liam has shown this past week.

3pts Highfield -1.5 frames to beat Doherty 5/6 Paddypower
1pt Highfield -2.5 frames to beat Doherty 2/1 William Hill

Trust my compatriot Doherty to steal the match with a 135 break from nowhere having struggled to break 50 in recent matches. 😆🤦‍♂️ No doubt he'll revert to his usual underwhelming form in the next match (once he knows I'm not betting against him)! 🤣 Not that bothered overall though tbf as am still well up after @Faderdelivered that brilliant Pietreczko darts victory recently. 🙂

1 hour ago, amity said:

Trust my compatriot Doherty to steal the match with a 135 break from nowhere having struggled to break 50 in recent matches. 😆🤦‍♂️ No doubt he'll revert to his usual underwhelming form in the next match (once he knows I'm not betting against him)! 🤣 Not that bothered overall though tbf as am still well up after @Faderdelivered that brilliant Pietreczko darts victory recently. 🙂

The only consistent thing is inconsistency eh? As random as they come. Ofcourse he will. Back to being crap from now on. Cheers mate

I'm taking a few today. I can't imagine there being less than 6 frames in the Guodong v Sijun match. Both players are playing well and scoring well, too. Ursenbacher has lost to every Chinese player that he's played this year. (5) including a 5-2 loss to Xu SI. He's lost his last 6 in a row to Chinese players spanning several years. I'll give a 4-fold a try, too. I'll add Fu and Dott to the two below. Fu has beaten Jones in the last twice and 4 out of the last 5. Dott has been away from the table for a little but but I still think his underlying quality is more than Olly Lines.

3.5pts Over 5.5 frames - Guodong vs Sijun 4/7 Paddypower
2.5pts Xu Si (-1.5 frames) to beat Ursenbacher 6/5 Will Hill
------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold - Over 5.5 frames Guodong v Sijun / Xu Si / Fu / Dott 7/1 Paddypower

what just happened in the Guodong/Sijun 6th frame is snooker for me at the moment, on the whole

need Guodong just to win a frame. Sijun needs snookers and he pots the white and sets up Sijun to win 4-1. Xu Si does the business but same old nonsense 1 win and 1 loss. Ruins any worthwhile return from the 4-fold

Just now, Fader said:

what just happened in the Guodong/Sijun 6th frame is snooker for me at the moment, on the whole

need Guodong just to win a frame. Sijun needs snookers and he pots the white and sets up Sijun to win 4-1. Xu Si does the business but same old nonsense 1 win and 1 loss. Ruins any worthwhile return from the 4-fold

Guodong is one of the most frustrating players to bet on. He literally can be world-class or an absolute pile of crap.

Aaron Hill to beat (-1.5 frames) David Lilley at 2.25 with Leovegas

I'm gonna go with Hill tonight, I think this guy earned his place at the ranking event in Wuhan and reached the quarter. Lilley turned pro 43 years old and all he's done is winning the seniors. Hill as the younger and better player could eventually take this by 2 or 3 frames so I think I'll go with Hill by two or more.

10 hours ago, Fader said:

I'm taking a few today. I can't imagine there being less than 6 frames in the Guodong v Sijun match. Both players are playing well and scoring well, too. Ursenbacher has lost to every Chinese player that he's played this year. (5) including a 5-2 loss to Xu SI. He's lost his last 6 in a row to Chinese players spanning several years. I'll give a 4-fold a try, too. I'll add Fu and Dott to the two below. Fu has beaten Jones in the last twice and 4 out of the last 5. Dott has been away from the table for a little but but I still think his underlying quality is more than Olly Lines.

3.5pts Over 5.5 frames - Guodong vs Sijun 4/7 Paddypower
2.5pts Xu Si (-1.5 frames) to beat Ursenbacher 6/5 Will Hill
------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold - Over 5.5 frames Guodong v Sijun / Xu Si / Fu / Dott 7/1 Paddypower

Obviously the rest of the 4-fold wins. Standard. 

11 minutes ago, charliepie said:

The WST site is just so bad this season, I can't believe what a mess they have made of it. Looks like Ronnie is really struggling with his elbow injury as he withdraws from the tournie.

Hard to find anyone who doesn't agree, wst.tv = awful and yes Ronnie is struggling

Ben Mertens in-play to win frame 2 v Mark Allen at 1.40 with Leovegas

I'm watching the livestream from this and Mertens just lost first frame by some stroke of hard pot of the last black. Allen missed pink, Mertens pots pink then misses black because he had a very difficult angle. One angle I've got imense problems to find when I'm playing myself and from my own experience it's a tough shot for anyone. So Mertens up 40-0 frame to so 1.40 is low but good enough since I reccon it's gonna happen.

Edit: Allen comes in again, Mertens wins frame 2 up 4.10. I'll pass for now. Didn't have the time to place a stake anyway.

Edited by four-leaf

Ok Mark Allen and the frame for 2-0. Ben is young and makes it harder than it should be for himself so he misses a few difficult pots. I'd say he likely wins frame 3.

So Ben Mertens to win frame 3 at 2.45 with Leovegas

Maybe I'm bored or just anxious to see some snooker and win some dimes or both.

I'll be taking three underdogs today. First Emery to beat Yupeng. Emery beat Yupeng 4-0 in this event last year. I think Yupeng hasn't won one match this year in which the other player has played well. He either wins easily and the other player collapses or the other player is playing well, and he gives up.

Jordan Brown isn't a player I normally back but Neil Robertson just hasn't played enough. He beat Yize 4-1 but his highest break was 69 and that's very unlike Neil. He has lost to Jiahui 4-1, Lam 4-2 and Liam Highfield since the Worlds. Jordan Brown is at his home event. He made the last 32 last year. It's by no means a gimme here as Neil has ranking points to keep hold of but at 5/2, I'll give it a chance.

Finally, O'Sullivan to beat Surety. Surety beat O'Connor with a couple of 50+ breaks but I think this match is more of a 50/50 than the bookies do. Sean beat Higginson 4-2 with four 50+ breaks and hit a 147 at the back end of July. I think he is playing the better Snooker.

3pts S. O'Sullivan to beat Surety 11/8 Paddypower
2pts Emery to beat Yupeng 7/4 Bet365
2pts J.Brown to beat N.Robertson 5/2 Bet365

1 hour ago, Fader said:

I'm also going to take a few outright picks. With a few big names missing here, it could be wide open if Trump goes early.

1pt e/w Gilbert 331 Coral
1pt e/w G.Wilson 40/1 Coral
1pt e/w Haotian 50/1 Bet365
-------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Ford 80/1 Coral

Gilbert at 331 looks worth it @Fader :lol

About your Brown bet, I'm sure I read that Robertson is taking a break from snooker soon - possibly burnout I'm not sure. If that's right then his motivation right now is unlikely to be high which makes the Brown bet look even better.