** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Ascot Day 2 -Weds 21st June

Just posting early as I'll be working...

Royal hunt çup 

Astro King  9.1 12/1 

Ghaly    8.8 11/1 

Point lynas   8.5 36.0 

Ouzo   8.3  40/1 

Blue for you 8.2 

Supremely competitive pin sticker but lots of value on offer as a result ....my idea of winner is astro King who is looking very well hcapped currently and conditions shoukd suit if not too much rain ....I'll try 10pt wins top 2 ...5pt ew point and ouzo ....gotta be in it to win it .....and forecasts all 5 

• The Brigadier changed the title to Royal Ascot Day 2 -Weds 21st June

A competitive renewal with no standout filly in the 28 strong field. Karl Burke’s Beautiful Diamond looked smart when winning at Nottingham earlier this month and should be competitive along with the Richard Fahey trained Midnight Affair who did it well in the Hilary Needler last time. Others with chances include the Marygate winner Got To Love A Grey and Born To Rock. Karl Burke won this with Dramatised and can follow up with his Twilight Son grey Beautiful Diamond.

BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND 1 point win @ 9/2 bet365

A wide open renewal of the Kensington Palace Fillies Handicap with plenty holding chances. The lightly raced Joseph O’Brien runner Yerwanthere is making her handicap debut off of what looks to be a fair mark. The jockey booking of James McDonald is an interesting one. To small each way stakes that’ll do for me.

YERWANTHERE 1/2  point each way @15/2 bet365 1/5th 123456

The Duke Of Cambridge Stakes can go the way of the Ralph Beckett trained Prosperous Voyage with Frankie Dettori riding for his pal Andrew Rosen. He won a tad cosily at Epsom and has a solid chance with Jumbly looking the danger.

PROSPEROUS VOYAGE 2 points win @ 5/2 Coral

A real cracker of a race and one of the best of the week despite its small field. With only officially 2lb between six of the field. Luxembourg seems in a good place at present and with Ryan Moore on board a real bonus can fend off his old foe Bay Bridge with possibly Adayar his biggest danger. My Prospero will appreciate stepping up in trip after his fourth in the Lockinge and shouldn’t be quickly dismissed either.
A tough call but it’s Luxembourg for me.

LUXEMBOURG 1 point win @ 9/4 bet365

As always a cavalry charge up the straight mile with the draw always a major factor.
Recent years have suggested a high number are best but it’s not conclusive.
Perotto is well handicapped and has his conditions so should run well along with Point Lynas who is the only horse in the race who is officially ahead of his mark (by 3lb). The pick though is Daniel & Clare Kubler’s Astro King who’s been placed in this last two years and was unlucky at York last time.

ASTRO KING 1 point each way @12/1 Coral 1/5th 123456
GHALY 1/2 point each way @ 10/1 bet365 1/5th 123456

Gregory has plenty going for him and with the trip likely to draw further improvement out of the John & Thady Gosden trained Golden Horn three year old he is a confident selection to win the Queens Vase.

GREGORY 2 points win @ 7/4 bet365

Aidan O’Brien has some juvenile talent in his stables this season and can take the Windsor Castle Stakes with his once raced Johannes Brahms. He went off odds on on his debut when winning at Naas and the word is he’s rated second only to their Coventry runner River Tiber in the current pecking order.

JOHANNES BRAHMS 1 point win @ 5/1 Bet365

The big handicap on the second day of Royal Ascot is the Royal Hunt Cup. It is one of three perpetual trophies at the meeting, along with the Gold Cup and the Queen’s Vase, which can be kept permanently by the winning owners.

This heritage handicap is open to horses aged three years or older. It is run over 7 furlongs and 166 yards. The off time is 17.00.

There is a bumper field of 33. Some bookmakers are offering 7 places which makes it a good betting proposition.

I have looked at the statistics over the last 9 years and these are my key conclusions.

The ideal weight is 9st to 9st 3lbs with 7 wins from 86 runs and a profit of 61 points at Betfair Starting Price. The remainder have just 2 wins from 169 runs with a loss of 135 points.

4-year-olds have the best record with 7 wins from 115 runs and a profit of 7 points.

Horses that did not finish in the 1st 4 last time have won just 2 from 118 attempts.

Only 1 horse matches these criteria.

DAWN OF LIBERATION 40/1

I suggest backing this each way with bookmakers offering 6/7 places.

Have first 4 races staked after another interesting & informative read from The Brigadier......see how day goes again then do 5.00 (6 places) / 6.10 (4 places).....Tuesday worked out well with 2 nice winners for me, 1 big from The Brigadier 🏆 💷      

R. Moore 2 winners today @ 2/1      &    A. O'Brien  2 winners @  9/2 

Ascot 2.30    Got to love a grey  10/1 EW    4 places  betfair  &    Balsam    16/1  EW    4 places

ascot 3.05   Lady Eros  10/1  EW    5 places  betfair   &   Farhh to shy    20/1 EW   5 places

ascot 3.40   Prosperous voyage   3/1    &    Rogue Millennium   10/1 EW      Won  70 pts

ascot 4.20   Luxembourg   5/2    &    Adayar    5/2

ascot 5.00   Dunum 10/1 EW     &     Chasing Aphrodite  16/1 EW    &    Ouzo  50/1  EW      6 places betfair      6th    41.25 pts

ascot 5.35   Peking Opera   5/1      &      Circle of fire     8/1 EW    

ascot 6.10   Supersonic Man  25/1 EW     &     Bombay bazaar   22/1 EW       &     Action point    22/1 EW  &  Fusterlandia  66/1 EW      4 places   

1 win 🏆 & 1 EW....How on earth i actually made small profit with todays results 😲

Edited by Brahmin

On 6/19/2023 at 2:06 PM, richard-westwood said:

Royal hunt çup 

Astro King  9.1 12/1 

Ghaly    8.8 11/1 

Point lynas   8.5 36.0 

Ouzo   8.3  40/1 

Blue for you 8.2 

Supremely competitive pin sticker but lots of value on offer as a result ....my idea of winner is astro King who is looking very well hcapped currently and conditions shoukd suit if not too much rain ....I'll try 10pt wins top 2 ...5pt ew point and ouzo ....gotta be in it to win it .....and forecasts all 5 

Glad to see Ouzo well up  in your rating  Rich ithink the Osborne runner can go well at a massive price looks a really good e/w shout.

1 hour ago, Tedthewolf said:

Glad to see Ouzo well up  in your rating  Rich ithink the Osborne runner can go well at a massive price looks a really good e/w shout.

Saw it yesterday ....anything in top 5 can go well .....I'm more worried about ground ...its goid sft on round course and factor in draw and its a bit of a difficult puzzle 

Royal Ascot.

Single. 

2.30. Beautiful Diamond      3/1     3rd

stk 5.00     rtn 20.00

Patent. 

3.05. Lady Eros     8/1.    inpl

3.40. Prosperous Voyage     3/1.  unpl

6.10. Supersonic Man           14/1

stk 3.50       rtn 399.50

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Ascot :

500- DUNUM 8/1 eway bet365 ( 6 ) 

500- JIMI HENDRIX 25/1 eway bet355 ( 6 ) 1st 22/1 👍

610- INQUISIVELY 17/2 eway bet365 ( 5 ) 3rd 18/1 👍

thankfully sky sports racing have other meetings on today & can avoid the pretentiousness of what hat Henrietta from Henley is wearing 😴

Edited by calva decoy

15 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

While the cats are away, 

Hamilton 1.50
Desert Quest
Each way
Persuer
Win

On debut for new yard and a definite class dropper seeking first flat win.
A winning hurdler.

Worcester source

Figures4000-3/P4536324F23P413247325632312343
Form figures suggest it could be time for DINDINS
Each way.
David pipe’s runner runs off 95 here and won off 100 in August.

46 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Worcester source

Figures4000-3/P4536324F23P413247325632312343
Form figures suggest it could be time for DINDINS
Each way.
David pipe’s runner runs off 95 here and won off 100 in August.

Hamilton 2.55

It's ascot and charlie Johnston runs

Sayidh Kingman

Win

Drops in class and no suprise to see this one get to the front early on and try to see out the trip.

Not really keen on card, but went for a few of doubles (opens up free bets) and used a couple of free bets.

Only worry is fancied earlier raced horses who have all won but opted for the 'safe' bet, Gone later in day.

Doubled with Perotto and Ghaly, also a couple of free bets on gone and dunum 

Double also on jumbly and Luxembourg.  Also mb.offer on prosperous voyage.

Ouzo and wanees ew too.

Good luck all.

Edited by fd1972uk

On 6/19/2023 at 2:06 PM, richard-westwood said:

Royal hunt çup 

Astro King  9.1 12/1 

Ghaly    8.8 11/1 

Point lynas   8.5 36.0 

Ouzo   8.3  40/1 

Blue for you 8.2 

Crazy results....... ouzo ew 6th