** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat-Tuesday 6th December.

Fontwell 1235

Mombassa debuts in the juvenile hurdle.

David Maxwell has shelled out 250k for this listed winner and is living the dream by taking the ride. If you saw Dolphin hotel get home on Saturday you'd realise he is a decent jockey but not top  or even middle rank. If this horse is a free running sort he may struggle to restrain him early doors. Hopefully he can do enough to keep hold of this decent prospect and get round safely.

Arachnamara 

Wholeofthemoon

Mombassa

Combination trifecta 

Tramore

Gaelic Warrior  reappears in this maiden hurdle and spurns the opportunity to run in his own class having just missed out in the boodles in March. That form has been roundly franked by Brazil last month and at 1/14 is unbackable. There are question marks as to why Willie Mullins has opted to ran at this lowly level and in true Gigginstown fashion Gordon Elliott has risen to the challenge by withdrawing Timmy Tuesday fancied IFIWEREARICHMAN has also dropped out and this lets in   A FORTUNE OUT WEST and the puzzle will be completed for me if jack Kennedy who was on Timmy Tuesday takes the ride.

A FORTUNE OUT WEST

Each way

28/1 or better ( bog)

Gaelic Warrior  is unbackable, but must have had training setbacks, was prone to wandering at Cheltenham which cost him the race. Sure to be on his own out front and vunerable in my opinion.

Edited by sporting sam

Quiet day today .....

720 South 

Alligator alley   8.8 11/8 

Army of india 8.4  9/1 

Silkies wilky  8.2 9/2 

These 3 are clear of the rest but alligator is 11/8 so too short especially with other 2 in such close proximity.....I'll try 6 x rev forecasts all 3 ...if alligator and silkies forecast might just get back stakes ....but on psper it shoukd be army and alligator which woukd show a profit .....bit of fun bet on quiet day ..?

Edited by richard-westwood

A fortune out west

The latest non runner at tramore 1245.

The going cannot be great or the realisation that beating or even running close to a 134 rated maiden hurdler will set an impossible task for future races is clear.

LUCKY  ZEBO

Each way

Is the replacement selection for Henry De Bromhead.  Gaelic Warrior has a much easier task now with just nine opponents but remains unbackable.

Edited by sporting sam

Not the most inspiring day, just the 1 that looks potentially strong enough.

2.55 Utt - Sholokjack - 2/1 generally. A Novice handicap chase where all but the top of the handicap are - out of the handicap (the selection is 4lb wrong). However, he is having his 1st run after a wind operation, and is a winning pointer. Is potentially a decent chaser if the wind op has worked well.

Just looking towards the weekend ....First pass of gold cup through the computer has thrown up... IL RIDOTO  as a good ew bet to begin with ....can get 6/1 .. I really was interested to see what woukd pop up especially if it ran well in paddy power and he finished 4th in said race...job done.....I have a feeling that might not last so I'll have an antepost 10pt ew to start 

2 hours ago, Bang on said:

Not the most inspiring day, just the 1 that looks potentially strong enough.

2.55 Utt - Sholokjack - 2/1 generally. A Novice handicap chase where all but the top of the handicap are - out of the handicap (the selection is 4lb wrong). However, he is having his 1st run after a wind operation, and is a winning pointer. Is potentially a decent chaser if the wind op has worked well.

Lost = fell 2nd

Late to the plate today; just as well looking at the results so far.

3.25 Uttx Quick Draw 3/1

4.50 Sou Wadacre Grace 5/1

6.20 Sou Show Me A sunset 6/1

1 x 0.50 ew Trixie = 4 pts poss return of 140.08

Singles and Savers

3.35 Font Ray's The one 1 pt win at 11.5

4.50 Sou Makinitup 0.50ew at 12/1 and Ranes 1 pt win at 5.9

= 7 points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disappointing that Show Me A Sunset was unplaced, it meant that I only got 1.60 return for a 4 pt outlay.  Ray's The One won well.  I primarily chose it because it won the race last year from 7lbs higher and Beat The Heat was a non runner today.  At least made a profit of 5.89 which brings my MTD down to -16.09 and YTD is -279.53

An interesting class 3 at Lingfield in the 3.25 and a Class 2 and a Class 2, 2mile handicap in the 8.00 at Kempton.  I wonder if Richard @richard-westwoodmay be tempted  

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

8 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Quiet day today .....

720 South 

Alligator alley   8.8 11/8 

Army of india 8.4  9/1 

Silkies wilky  8.2 9/2 

These 3 are clear of the rest but alligator is 11/8 so too short especially with other 2 in such close proximity.....I'll try 6 x rev forecasts all 3 ...if alligator and silkies forecast might just get back stakes ....but on psper it shoukd be army and alligator which woukd show a profit .....bit of fun bet on quiet day ..?

1st 3rd 4th ...??

22 hours ago, MCLARKE said:
COURSE TIME  SELECTION ODDS 
Fontwell 1.05 Hipop Des Ongrais 3/1
Fontwell 2.05 Family Business 11/2
Uttoxeter 2.55 Marco Island 14/1
Southwell 6.20 Sir Rodneyredblood 10/1
Southwell 7.20 Alligator Alley 6/4
Southwell 8.20 September Power 16/1

Hipop Des Ongrias wins at 3/1, Alligator Alley wins at 6/4, 2 losers and a NR for a profit of 1.50 points

Total 31 from 162, LSP 4.82 POINTS