** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat -Saturday 3rd Dec

15 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Many thanks to @Alastairfor highlighting this winner.  Terrific burst of speed at the end of the race

Glad to be of assistance !

Sign of the times as to how the Grand National has changed. Off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of a National winner in the past who has come out of the race and gone on from there to be a serious challenger at the very top level.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:02 PM, richard-westwood said:

Just posting early because some big prices 

Becher chase 

Didero vallis    8.9 25/1 

Cloth cap     8.7  28/1    6th 

Hill sixteen    8.5  12/1 7th

Gesskille    8.2   2nd 

Percussion   7.9 3rd

Gesskille is,all the rage but he's only 6 yo and that just seems a little young for a race of this stature ...I might be wrong but I think its worth taking him on ...top3 are good prices so I'll try 5pt ew all 3 and 1pt rev forecasts top 4 

For such a hard race with 20 odd runners  I'm actually pleased with that ....ew money gives about +24.00 profit ....I'll take that 

18 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

620 wolv 

Pocket the profit 8.5 3.9 

High velocity    8.3 8/1 

These 2 are,a bit clear  ..6pt win pocket...4pt saver high 

High velocity non runner ....I'll just let pocket take his chance ....guaranteed to finish day +18.00 at least even if he loses so shot to nothing really ....

Venetia Williams has had two winners today being upped in distance . Wonder if Quick Wave can follow suit in the last race at Sandown 

yep that’s 3/3 for Venetias horses being upped in distance today . I’ll keep my eye on that for rest of year. 

Tough day of racing with big fields. Some place money and a 2nd beaten half a length. -20 on day 

P/L jump season start date 8th October 2022 + 1.43

Edited by Villa Chris

14 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Venetia Williams has had two winners today being upped in distance . Wonder if Quick Wave can follow suit in the last race at Sandown 

It did Chris.  Well done to Venetia.  I think it was only a couple of weeks ago when she had gone a long stretch without a winner. I couldn't resist laying Almazhah Garde for 1 pt at 4.50 when it was out in front by about 30 lengths

1 minute ago, The Equaliser said:

It did Chris.  Well done to Venetia.  I think it was only a couple of weeks ago when she had gone a long stretch without a winner. I couldn't resist laying Almazhah Garde for 1 pt at 4.50 when it was out in front by about 30 lengths

Brave tactics but hard to pull off in those kind of fields . Venetia flying which is good, as she comes across a lovely lady and a very good trainer.

11 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Brave tactics but hard to pull off in those kind of fields . Venetia flying which is good, as she comes across a lovely lady and a very good trainer.

Learnt her craft from Martin Pipe, I believe.  I think he once said that he used to get a bit worried when she used to make constant notes about the way in which he trained his horses

Wolverhampton. 

Double. 

8.20. Norton Cross      9/4

6.50. Danger Alert        7/2.    4th

Lucky 15.

5.50. Mighty River     5/4,,,,1st 

7.20. King of the South     6/5     

5.20. Cloch Nua             11/4     2nd 

6.20. Intervention           11/2     unpl

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

620 wolv 

Pocket the profit 8.5 3.9 

High velocity    8.3 8/1 

These 2 are,a bit clear  ..6pt win pocket...4pt saver high 

Well backed into 5/4 but finishes 2nd by a neck ... to the 3rd rated of all things urrgh ....+18.00 on the day ...I'll take that gladly on a tough day 

Edited by richard-westwood

9 hours ago, jonjo said:

Some stable switchers:

11.35 Fairyhouse I am Maximus 5/4......poor jump at the last, would have won if he jumped straight, better jockey won the race imo, still traded as low as 1.03 so an easy trade out.

2.47 Chepstow Manor Bank 16/1......................................5th at 33/1

Dream Harder (IRE)5.20 Wolverhampton 17/2............Won easily at a Bfsp of 15.5

Bearaway (IRE)8.20 Wolverhampton9/1...........................drifted like a barge and was never in the race, plum last.

and 3 from a system named silly system!!:

Notes
Noble Yeats (IRE) 1.30 Aintree 9/1
Time To Get Up (IRE) 1.37 Chepstow 10/1
Tyre Kicker (FR) 12.20 Aintree 13/2

Tyre Kicker traded to 1.12, beaten on the run in, only third but an easy trade out..

Noble Yeats finished ike a train an won, 9/1 lovely early price to get too.

Time to get Up, never a factor.

Good luck everyone.

The silly system give a nice priced winner and then the Stable Switchers came up with Dream Harder that won at 15.5. Happy days. 

21 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

255 huntingdon sunday pink legend is a really silly price at 33/1 so i just lumped on it. little look at its cheltenham run last year explains why its a silly price.

Oh! and not to forget the double didero valis and pink legend. very tidy me thinks

price gone, now 12/1, more about bookies shitting it after her 4 winners today rather than it being backed i suspect.

6 hours ago, Alastair said:

Glad to be of assistance !

Sign of the times as to how the Grand National has changed. Off the top of my head I'm struggling to think of a National winner in the past who has come out of the race and gone on from there to be a serious challenger at the very top level.

tiger roll won the irish  hurdle (25/1) if i remember correctly and won other races inc another GN & Xcountry but thats about the only horse i can offer against ur point of argument. and i quite agree sign of the times they used to disappear pretty quickly.