Racing Chat - Saturday 28th May

Haydock 1.45
This 5F listed contest revolves around the Roger Varian trained favourite Dragon Symbol who Varian acquired from Archie Watson and is officially rated the best horse here by 7lb but was disappointing on his first start for Varian at York only 17 days ago. He may well win this but at around the 2/1 mark looks poor value to my eyes and I’m happy enough to take him on with Raasel each way. The Horse Watchers consistent five year old gelding is stepping up into listed company for the first time but a mark of 101 puts him in the mix here if the favourite under performs again. James Doyle knows him well having ridden him to success on three of the four times he’s won for the Mick Appleby stable and after just 13 runs he could even still be improving.

RAASEL 1 point each way @ 11/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Beverley 2.05
The 5F Hilary Needler conditions stakes is for two year old fillies and has attracted a field of nine this year. The warm favourite is likely to be the David Loughnane trained Absolutelyflawless who will be ridden by William Buick. She has a big chance although her wins have come on the all weather and good to soft ground at Chester so has to prove herself on fast ground. Star Of Lady M may not have enjoyed the twists and turns of Chester when 4 1/2L behind Absolutelyflawless last time and can get closer today whilst an interesting runner is the Richard Hannon trained Distinguished Lady who races in the Amo Racing silks. She finished a 7 3/4L third at Newbury on her debut to a smart sort in Mawj with the runner up that day winning since. I’ll be keeping stakes small by think the most likeliest winner is Absolutelyflawless.

ABSOLUTELYFLAWLESS 2 points win @ 11/4 William Hill

Haydock 2.20
A competitive class 2 1m 4F handicap is up next with only a few of the thirteen participants in with a chance in my opinion. The most interesting runner is Mahrajaan from the very much in form William Haggas stable. He’s not been seen for 232 days though fitness could easily be an issue here. That will be no problem for David & Nicola Barron’s Contact, a winner of a valuable 1m 4F Newmarket handicap in April and 5lb higher in the weights now. The horse that stands out to me is bottom weight Forza Orta who ran Mahrajaan’s stable companion Gaassee to a length at York last time out. A 3lb rise may not stop Kevin Ryan’s progressive four year old going one better here and he’s a strong fancy.

FORZA ORTA 3 points win @ 7/2 William Hill

Beverley 2.40
A nine runner class 3 handicap that features one of the best bets of the day. Tim Easterby has brought his six year old Ugo Gregory around steadily this season and looks ready to win now. He adores this track having won three of his six starts here with his latest course and distance success coming off of the same handicap mark as todays last September (he followed up at York off of a 2lb higher mark the following month). He’s had three runs to get him fit and hopefully ready for today’s contest dropping 6lb and with Duran Fentiman in the saddle. The only negative against him is if the ground was to get rattling fast as he does prefer good ground. Top weight Percy’s Lad is chasing a hat trick following wins at Yarmouth and Nottingham this spring but has risen 11lb for that brace of victories. Wobwobwob is back at his favoured trip of 7F and maybe a bigger threat but for me this is all about Ugo Gregory.

UGO GREGORY 3 points win @ 4/1 William Hill

Haydock 2.55
Ten fillies or mares go to post for the Group 3 Pinnacle Stakes run over 1m 4F of the Lancashire track. The best in at these weights is the Irish challenger Climate trained by Jessie Harrington who ran her best ever run when 4th in the Dahlia Stakes at Newmarket last time out. Both Darlectable You and Lady Hayes are in foal to Frankel and hold place chances but the one I like here is Sea La Rosa from the unstoppable William Haggas stable who’s currently operating at a 38% wins to runs ratio. She hasn’t been seen since winning a listed race on the all weather at Lingfield last October but won first time out last season and can take this step up in grade in her stride with Tom Marquand doing the steering.

SEA LA ROSA 2 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

Beverley 3.15
Another two year old sprint at the Yorkshire track, this time for colts and geldings over 5F. Warm favourite is likely to be Whistle And Flute who will be hard to beat on the form book. Eve Johnson Houghton’s Dandy Man colt followed up his Bath victory with a credible 2nd to Andrew Balding newcomer Bakeel at Ascot with the horse 3L back in third winning since. That should be good enough to win this. The horse I fear most is the Andrew Balding runner Chateau who was an eye catcher on his debut at Salisbury when third to Remarkable Force who’s won since at Musselburgh. Jm Jungle has also had his Hamilton maiden win franked by the runner up going in again since whilst Rogue Spirit was a course and distance winner on his debut but has surprisingly been gelded since. The value may lie with Chateau here at a bigger price than Whistle And Flute.

CHATEAU 2 points win @ 9/2 William Hill

Haydock 3.30
The John Of Gaunt Stakes is a group 3 contest run over 7F for four year olds and upwards and has attracted a small but select field of eight this year. The best in at the weights is Ralph Beckett’s Kinross who actually won this contest by a comfortable length and a quarter last year and is back to defend his title. He loves to get his toe in and unless the ground dried up dramatically is the one to beat here on his seasonal re-appearance (he won this last year on the back of a 107 day break). There’s actually only 7lb between the whole field and bar the rag Catch Twentytwo a case can be made for all here. Andrew Balding’s Happy Power won well last time at Leicester but this represents a further step up in grade whilst the Gosden’s Sunray Major steps down in class having contested the group one Lockinge Stakes last time. He prefers fast ground however so any cut in the ground may not be ideal. As long as there’s sufficient ease in the ground I’ll take Kinross to win this contest for the second consecutive year.

KINROSS 2 points win @ 3/1 William Hill (no bet on good to firm)

Chester 3.45
As with all races here over 5-7F the draw is vitally important and this eleven runner class 2 7F 127 yards handicap is no different. Last years winner Boardman, trained by Tim Easterby is back to defend his title off of a 5lb higher mark and a favourable draw in stall 2 and has a terrific chance. Local trainer Hugo Palmer’s representative Fools Rush In finished just ahead of Boardman here earlier in the month and although 3lb better off may struggle to confirm the form as Boardman had a nightmare run that day. He’s the main bet but I can’t resist a small each way saver on Richard Hannon’s 9 year old Oh This Is Us who has also fared well with the draw in trap 3. Only a length behind Boardman earlier in the season at Haydock he’s 6lb better off now and has track figures of 11213. He can push Boardman all the way.

BOARDMAN 2 points win 5/2 William Hill
OH THIS IS US 1 point each way 13/2 Coral 1/5th 123

Salisbury. 

8.45. Ham and Jam.  13/2  .... (  into 4/1 )....... 4th 

Has been beaten 13L or more in three maidens ( 1m.) but he's out of a useful 1m.3f /  1m.4f winner. Yard with good strike rate with 3yo here in recent years. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

As usual we will be seeing horses that are well handicapped based on their pointing exploits (and possibly hunter chase as well) over the summer. This can often be more profitable than the hunter chases. 

The first runs this afternoon at Cartmel in the 4.29. Oscar Wilde has already won off a mark off 109 when he was trained by Sue Smith, but he had lost his way which is why he ended up on today's mark of 91. He has been revitalised for a change of yard and going pointing though. He's had 3 runs this year and all of them make me think he is well ahead of his current mark. First of all he beat Takethepunishment by 5L who is a hunter chase winner and ran well when 3rd at Perth earlier in the month. He was then beaten 5L by Blazing Tom and I obviously don't need to tell you what he's done. His last start saw him just beat a horse who has won every other start he has completed this season (he missed a marker once) so that form also looks rock solid. Obviously, there is a slight concern he might underperform back under rules, but on his pointing form he's got at least a stone in hand of the handicapper. 

It doesn't look a strong, but there are a couple of dangers. James Moffatt trains very close to the course and not surprisingly targets the track so you have to respect Rapid Flight who he got from Nicky Henderson. He didn't show much over fences for him, but there was promise in his first start for Moffatt over hurdles at Ayr earlier in the month and no doubt that was a pipe opener for running here. It's hard to think he has as much in hand as Oscar Wilde though.

Tico Times is trained by another trainer who does well here and he ran his best race for a long time when 2nd at Perth earlier this month so he could easily build on that, whilst last year's winner Mah Mate Bob won this off a mark of 101 last year and is off just 88 now. He's not run too badly the last twice so could go well again.

Ultimately though I struggle to think that any horse in this race has as much in hand over the handicapper as Oscar Wilde does and if he brings his pointing form to Cartmel then I don't see how he doesn't win this. 

Oscar Wilde @ 9/4 with most bookies (take up to 13/8)

Not much time today for racing.  @TheBrigadierand @richard-westwooddon't recommend my selections so I'll go easy with bets today

1.10 Hayd Thunder Legend 10/3

2.20 Hayd Mahrahjaan 11/4

2 pt win double = poss return of 32.50 points

1.10 Hd He's a Gentleman 1 pt win at 10.5 & Papa Cocktail 1 pt win at 16.5

2.20 Hd Forza Orta 1.5 pts win at 5.8

Total stakes = 5.5 today

Good luck to all and have fun

8 meetings in the UK today, far too many. I have been monitoring the betting in handicaps ( based upon the % market move + other factors). There are 39 handicap races today, and there are 103 runners at an 'average bookie' price shorter than the Racing Post (that doesn't include those trading at the same price as forecast). Obviously some are only marginally (1%, 2%) lower than forecast, whilst others are much bigger movers. In short, a very big headache.

As the majority (approx 3/4 ) of winners are returned at shorter than forecast, these are the ones I have been focusing on. That's just the 'shortlist' lol ?.

I have used my own way of elimination to reduce the numbers down, the top rated selections come out as follows, figures in brackets are how far clear they are with my figures.

8.00 Fos Las - Chasamax  (+14) - 5/2 - Nicky Henderson sends 2 runners to Fos las where he has a 38% strike rate, this looks his best chance.

5.55 Chelm -There he Goes (+11) - 11/4 - beaten around 2 lengths LTO and has a good draw.

4.55 Chester - Roudemental (+8) - 11/4 - Front runner (good for Chester), BF last time out, steps up in trip with stamina in pedigree.

5.24 Catt - Stalingrad (+8) - 11/4 -Again BF last time out, trainer Grant Tuer looks to be coming into form.

8.45 Sals - Ham and Jam (+7) - 9/2 - 1st time in a handicap, 3 poor defeats at 1 mile, steps up to 1m4f, trainer does well here.

16 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

110 hay 

He's a gentleman  8.6 10/1 

Papa cocktail   8.4  11/1 

Rated a few races but nothing really standing out ...this race looks wide open on paper but ratings have put these 2 a bit clear ....I'll try a speculative  5pts ew on both and a 1pt rev forecast ...

2nd ...noooooooo....ew money 

455 Chester - ROUDEMENTAL 5/2 

530 Chester - FAIRMAC 4/1 

Well said @Bang on 10 meeting including the 2 Irish & way too many bang average horses , I'd close ( although not racing today ) Lingfield all weather course & summer jumping only 1 or 2 meetings a month from May - September just quality runners , if a horse on the flat can't reach a mark of 50 over a 12 month period 4/5 runs , retire it .

Rant over .

both non runners because the meeting was abandoned , was watching football play offs but it was probably too sunny or something ?

Edited by calva decoy

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Not much time today for racing.  @TheBrigadierand @richard-westwooddon't recommend my selections so I'll go easy with bets today

1.10 Hayd Thunder Legend 10/3

2.20 Hayd Mahrahjaan 11/4

2 pt win double = poss return of 32.50 points

1.10 Hd He's a Gentleman 1 pt win at 10.5 & Papa Cocktail 1 pt win at 16.5

2.20 Hd Forza Orta 1.5 pts win at 5.8

Total stakes = 5.5 today

Good luck to all and have fun

No luck so 3 PTS to win on Osca Wilde in 4.29 Cart to try and retrieve losses

On 5/27/2022 at 1:58 PM, The Brigadier said:
Haydock 1.45
This 5F listed contest revolves around the Roger Varian trained favourite Dragon Symbol who Varian acquired from Archie Watson and is officially rated the best horse here by 7lb but was disappointing on his first start for Varian at York only 17 days ago. He may well win this but at around the 2/1 mark looks poor value to my eyes and I’m happy enough to take him on with Raasel each way. The Horse Watchers consistent five year old gelding is stepping up into listed company for the first time but a mark of 101 puts him in the mix here if the favourite under performs again. James Doyle knows him well having ridden him to success on three of the four times he’s won for the Mick Appleby stable and after just 13 runs he could even still be improving.

RAASEL 1 point each way @ 11/1 William Hill 1/5th 1234

Beverley 2.05
The 5F Hilary Needler conditions stakes is for two year old fillies and has attracted a field of nine this year. The warm favourite is likely to be the David Loughnane trained Absolutelyflawless who will be ridden by William Buick. She has a big chance although her wins have come on the all weather and good to soft ground at Chester so has to prove herself on fast ground. Star Of Lady M may not have enjoyed the twists and turns of Chester when 4 1/2L behind Absolutelyflawless last time and can get closer today whilst an interesting runner is the Richard Hannon trained Distinguished Lady who races in the Amo Racing silks. She finished a 7 3/4L third at Newbury on her debut to a smart sort in Mawj with the runner up that day winning since. I’ll be keeping stakes small by think the most likeliest winner is Absolutelyflawless.

ABSOLUTELYFLAWLESS 2 points win @ 11/4 William Hill

Haydock 2.20
A competitive class 2 1m 4F handicap is up next with only a few of the thirteen participants in with a chance in my opinion. The most interesting runner is Mahrajaan from the very much in form William Haggas stable. He’s not been seen for 232 days though fitness could easily be an issue here. That will be no problem for David & Nicola Barron’s Contact, a winner of a valuable 1m 4F Newmarket handicap in April and 5lb higher in the weights now. The horse that stands out to me is bottom weight Forza Orta who ran Mahrajaan’s stable companion Gaassee to a length at York last time out. A 3lb rise may not stop Kevin Ryan’s progressive four year old going one better here and he’s a strong fancy.

FORZA ORTA 3 points win @ 7/2 William Hill

Beverley 2.40
A nine runner class 3 handicap that features one of the best bets of the day. Tim Easterby has brought his six year old Ugo Gregory around steadily this season and looks ready to win now. He adores this track having won three of his six starts here with his latest course and distance success coming off of the same handicap mark as todays last September (he followed up at York off of a 2lb higher mark the following month). He’s had three runs to get him fit and hopefully ready for today’s contest dropping 6lb and with Duran Fentiman in the saddle. The only negative against him is if the ground was to get rattling fast as he does prefer good ground. Top weight Percy’s Lad is chasing a hat trick following wins at Yarmouth and Nottingham this spring but has risen 11lb for that brace of victories. Wobwobwob is back at his favoured trip of 7F and maybe a bigger threat but for me this is all about Ugo Gregory.

UGO GREGORY 3 points win @ 4/1 William Hill

Haydock 2.55
Ten fillies or mares go to post for the Group 3 Pinnacle Stakes run over 1m 4F of the Lancashire track. The best in at these weights is the Irish challenger Climate trained by Jessie Harrington who ran her best ever run when 4th in the Dahlia Stakes at Newmarket last time out. Both Darlectable You and Lady Hayes are in foal to Frankel and hold place chances but the one I like here is Sea La Rosa from the unstoppable William Haggas stable who’s currently operating at a 38% wins to runs ratio. She hasn’t been seen since winning a listed race on the all weather at Lingfield last October but won first time out last season and can take this step up in grade in her stride with Tom Marquand doing the steering.

SEA LA ROSA 2 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

Beverley 3.15
Another two year old sprint at the Yorkshire track, this time for colts and geldings over 5F. Warm favourite is likely to be Whistle And Flute who will be hard to beat on the form book. Eve Johnson Houghton’s Dandy Man colt followed up his Bath victory with a credible 2nd to Andrew Balding newcomer Bakeel at Ascot with the horse 3L back in third winning since. That should be good enough to win this. The horse I fear most is the Andrew Balding runner Chateau who was an eye catcher on his debut at Salisbury when third to Remarkable Force who’s won since at Musselburgh. Jm Jungle has also had his Hamilton maiden win franked by the runner up going in again since whilst Rogue Spirit was a course and distance winner on his debut but has surprisingly been gelded since. The value may lie with Chateau here at a bigger price than Whistle And Flute.

CHATEAU 2 points win @ 9/2 William Hill

Haydock 3.30
The John Of Gaunt Stakes is a group 3 contest run over 7F for four year olds and upwards and has attracted a small but select field of eight this year. The best in at the weights is Ralph Beckett’s Kinross who actually won this contest by a comfortable length and a quarter last year and is back to defend his title. He loves to get his toe in and unless the ground dried up dramatically is the one to beat here on his seasonal re-appearance (he won this last year on the back of a 107 day break). There’s actually only 7lb between the whole field and bar the rag Catch Twentytwo a case can be made for all here. Andrew Balding’s Happy Power won well last time at Leicester but this represents a further step up in grade whilst the Gosden’s Sunray Major steps down in class having contested the group one Lockinge Stakes last time. He prefers fast ground however so any cut in the ground may not be ideal. As long as there’s sufficient ease in the ground I’ll take Kinross to win this contest for the second consecutive year.

KINROSS 2 points win @ 3/1 William Hill (no bet on good to firm)

Chester 3.45
As with all races here over 5-7F the draw is vitally important and this eleven runner class 2 7F 127 yards handicap is no different. Last years winner Boardman, trained by Tim Easterby is back to defend his title off of a 5lb higher mark and a favourable draw in stall 2 and has a terrific chance. Local trainer Hugo Palmer’s representative Fools Rush In finished just ahead of Boardman here earlier in the month and although 3lb better off may struggle to confirm the form as Boardman had a nightmare run that day. He’s the main bet but I can’t resist a small each way saver on Richard Hannon’s 9 year old Oh This Is Us who has also fared well with the draw in trap 3. Only a length behind Boardman earlier in the season at Haydock he’s 6lb better off now and has track figures of 11213. He can push Boardman all the way.

BOARDMAN 2 points win 5/2 William Hill
OH THIS IS US 1 point each way 13/2 Coral 1/5th 123

4 winners (11/1, 9/2, 5/2 & 5/2) from 8 races for a profit of just over 20 points. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Looking at the Stewards Reports from the 3 meetings

Chester
An inspection was held as a result of the fall of HUMANITARIAN (USA) on the bend entering the home straight in Race 4, in addition to further reports of horses slipping on the same bend. Riders, P. J. McDonald, Franny Norton, Andrea Atzeni and Stevie Donohoe; Trainers, Mark Loughnane, and the representative of Hugo Palmer; the Veterinary Officer, Doctor Reynolds, the Clerk of the Course, and the CEO of Chester Racecourse were interviewed. Having considered the evidence and being unable to find a timely or workable solution to the riders’ satisfaction, the Stewards ordered racing to be abandoned

Going: Good, Good to Firm in places (GoingStick:8.1 on 28-05-2022 at 07:00)
Rail: Inside rail moved out all way round, onto fresh ground. 6f to 2f out 9yds, Home Straight and past railway arches out 3yds.

Haydock
An inspection was held after Race 2 as a result of concerns raised by riders regarding horses slipping on both bends. They interviewed Riders; William Buick, P.J McDonald, and Cieren Fallon; Trainers Jim Goldie and Ivan Furtado; the Clerk of the Course and trainee Clerk of the Course. Having considered the evidence and being unable to find a timely or workable solution to the riders’ satisfaction, the Stewards ordered racing to be abandoned.

Going: Good (GoingStick:7.7 on 27-05-2022 at 06:30)
Rail: All races will run on the Inner Straight

Beverley
An inspection was held after Race 4 as a result of concerns raised by riders regarding the alignment of the bends leaving the back straight and leading into the home straight, following several horses slipping on the quicker fresh strips of ground. They interviewed Riders; Connor Beasley, Danny Tudhope, David Egan and Cam Hardie, Trainer Alan Brown, the representatives of John Gosden & George Boughley, the Veterinary Officer, the Clerk of the Course and a Representative of the Racecourse Executive. Having considered the evidence and after being unable to find a timely or workable solution to the riders’ satisfaction, the Stewards ordered racing to be abandoned.

Going: Good to Firm, Good (in places) (GoingStick:7.5 on 25-05-2022 at 12:00)
Rail: The rail around the bottom bent has been dolled out to provide fresh ground

P J Mcdonald involved in 2 of the decisions / discussions, all 3 goings had Good in the description and the going stick between 7.5 and 8.1  so not much difference 

18 minutes ago, ipswich45 said:

Looking at the Stewards Reports from the 3 meetings

Chester
An inspection was held as a result of the fall of HUMANITARIAN (USA) on the bend entering the home straight in Race 4, in addition to further reports of horses slipping on the same bend. Riders, P. J. McDonald, Franny Norton, Andrea Atzeni and Stevie Donohoe; Trainers, Mark Loughnane, and the representative of Hugo Palmer; the Veterinary Officer, Doctor Reynolds, the Clerk of the Course, and the CEO of Chester Racecourse were interviewed. Having considered the evidence and being unable to find a timely or workable solution to the riders’ satisfaction, the Stewards ordered racing to be abandoned

Going: Good, Good to Firm in places (GoingStick:8.1 on 28-05-2022 at 07:00)
Rail: Inside rail moved out all way round, onto fresh ground. 6f to 2f out 9yds, Home Straight and past railway arches out 3yds.

Haydock
An inspection was held after Race 2 as a result of concerns raised by riders regarding horses slipping on both bends. They interviewed Riders; William Buick, P.J McDonald, and Cieren Fallon; Trainers Jim Goldie and Ivan Furtado; the Clerk of the Course and trainee Clerk of the Course. Having considered the evidence and being unable to find a timely or workable solution to the riders’ satisfaction, the Stewards ordered racing to be abandoned.

Going: Good (GoingStick:7.7 on 27-05-2022 at 06:30)
Rail: All races will run on the Inner Straight

Beverley
An inspection was held after Race 4 as a result of concerns raised by riders regarding the alignment of the bends leaving the back straight and leading into the home straight, following several horses slipping on the quicker fresh strips of ground. They interviewed Riders; Connor Beasley, Danny Tudhope, David Egan and Cam Hardie, Trainer Alan Brown, the representatives of John Gosden & George Boughley, the Veterinary Officer, the Clerk of the Course and a Representative of the Racecourse Executive. Having considered the evidence and after being unable to find a timely or workable solution to the riders’ satisfaction, the Stewards ordered racing to be abandoned.

Going: Good to Firm, Good (in places) (GoingStick:7.5 on 25-05-2022 at 12:00)
Rail: The rail around the bottom bent has been dolled out to provide fresh ground

P J Mcdonald involved in 2 of the decisions / discussions, all 3 goings had Good in the description and the going stick between 7.5 and 8.1  so not much difference 

Beverley clerk of course said they had done nothing new been doing same thing at beverley for 40 years rails in rails out. Question i would ask is the horses involved in the "slipping" have they had previous? did they handle track? were they even good enough to be racing? a balanced horse etc. Spokesman said safety trumps all other conciderations so based on that we are going to see a lot more of this, bit like "low sun" BS on jumps.

10 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Beverley clerk of course said they had done nothing new been doing same thing at beverley for 40 years rails in rails out. Question i would ask is the horses involved in the "slipping" have they had previous? did they handle track? were they even good enough to be racing? a balanced horse etc. Spokesman said safety trumps all other conciderations so based on that we are going to see a lot more of this, bit like "low sun" BS on jumps.

It'll be the wrong kind of wind next .

Can understand why a trickle of trainers / jockeys & lots of horses are leaving these shores to earn a living in USA , France & Hong Kong to name a few .

I'll be surprised if any UK or Irish flat meetings in the heart of flat racing season are called off or abandoned tomorrow ?

Edited by calva decoy

On 5/28/2022 at 1:16 PM, Bang on said:

8 meetings in the UK today, far too many. I have been monitoring the betting in handicaps ( based upon the % market move + other factors). There are 39 handicap races today, and there are 103 runners at an 'average bookie' price shorter than the Racing Post (that doesn't include those trading at the same price as forecast). Obviously some are only marginally (1%, 2%) lower than forecast, whilst others are much bigger movers. In short, a very big headache.

As the majority (approx 3/4 ) of winners are returned at shorter than forecast, these are the ones I have been focusing on. That's just the 'shortlist' lol ?.

I have used my own way of elimination to reduce the numbers down, the top rated selections come out as follows, figures in brackets are how far clear they are with my figures.

8.00 Fos Las - Chasamax  (+14) - 5/2 - Nicky Henderson sends 2 runners to Fos las where he has a 38% strike rate, this looks his best chance.

5.55 Chelm -There he Goes (+11) - 11/4 - beaten around 2 lengths LTO and has a good draw.

4.55 Chester - Roudemental (+8) - 11/4 - Front runner (good for Chester), BF last time out, steps up in trip with stamina in pedigree.

5.24 Catt - Stalingrad (+8) - 11/4 -Again BF last time out, trainer Grant Tuer looks to be coming into form.

8.45 Sals - Ham and Jam (+7) - 9/2 - 1st time in a handicap, 3 poor defeats at 1 mile, steps up to 1m4f, trainer does well here.

I must have been born lucky, thought I'd had a poor day... and don't bet on Sundays (take a day off). DQ means Chasamax wins at 3/1 (Unfortunately never did Nicky Hendersons other runner which won at 22/1 !!!). Roudemental a NR so level on here (Nice day for me as Chasamax was a max bet for me).