Racing chat, Saturday 2nd January

1130 Lingfield pink jazz 10.5 Betfair exchange

110 Lingfield accomplice 13-2 paddy power

145 Lingfield three C's 10.0 Betfair exchange

440 Wolverhampton red allure 7.4 Betfair exchange and saver on passional 6-5 Paddy power

710 Wolverhampton obtuse paddy power 2-1

Done trebles fourfolds and fivefolds on above myself and wins with Betfair sp. Prices above are best at time.

Right ....diff tact this year ....devoting myself to chasing the big win so I'll take 2 races each weekend if possible  and any winnings I'll split on 2 single horses in 2 separate races the following weekend ......only 1 race I can find today .....but I'm gonna stick with this now this year and chase a 4 figure win at least 

330 ling 

Super julius 334

Shamson 332 

10pt win super julius 4/1 will h

Shamson 10pt win 8.6 betfair 

12.35 Lin Wake Up Harry £5.30 win at 9/4  = £17.22 (now trading at 5/2).  Loads of money for Abrag 2/1 last night and now the best price is 6/4 so has strong market confidence.

2.25 San Galice Macalo £4.20 at 11/4 = £15.75 (now the best price is 3/1).  I have had £3.10 on Metier at 11/8 = £7.36 as an insurance bet (Matt Chapman all over this one this morning)

5.40 Wolv Pour La Victoire £2 win at 13/2 and £1 win at 11/1 being a drifter now.  Had £1 win on Revolutionary Man at 9/2 as a saver.  The market is very strong for Michele Strogof but its form does not back it up so I'll treat it as a false favourite.

6.40 Wolv Lochnaver £3.30win at 4.4 = £11.00.  Napper Tandy very strong in the market.  Was evens last night and is now at a best price of 5/6.

I realise that I have not selected the favourite in any of the above races but genuinely believe I have chosen the best horses to win.

Good luck to all today

==============================================================================================================

The main winner I had was Wake Up Harry at 9/4.  I also had two saver bet winners which helped my cash flow and profit.  I laid our £19.90 and got back £30.09 so a profit of £10.19 on the day The balance c/fwd is now £551.49 (Bank £500) Just scraping in a 10% ROI which is a good start to the year (for me anyway)

Looks like there could be a few non handicap races for me to look at tomorrow

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

Only betting in one race today a couple of small e/w bets in the veterans  race 3.00 sandown  both regulars in these type of races  and are 14 years young!  REGAL FLOW & THEATRE GUIDE. Loads of chances in this hard to wright any off Ballydine has been well backed from 40's  last years winner who has a 7lb clainer on top keeps jumping out at  me and i may yet  back Jepeck. Valtor looks well handicaped i could go on and on.  Some bookies still paying 5 or 6 places  and thats the way to play e/w imo  probably 5 as you can get bog with that my picks are around 14/1 & 16/1  at present.

Good Luck Folks.

18 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

12.35 Lin Wake Up Harry £5.30 win at 9/4  = £17.22 (now trading at 5/2).  Loads of money for Abrag 2/1 last night and now the best price is 6/4 so has strong market confidence.

2.25 San Galice Macalo £4.20 at 11/4 = £15.75 (now the best price is 3/1).  I have had £3.10 on Metier at 11/8 = £7.36 as an insurance bet (Matt Chapman all over this one this morning)

5.40 Wolv Pour La Victoire £2 win at 13/2 and £1 win at 11/1 being a drifter now.  Had £1 win on Revolutionary Man at 9/2 as a saver.  The market is very strong for Michele Strogof but its form does not back it up so I'll treat it as a false favourite.

6.40 Wolv Lochnaver £3.30win at 4.4 = £11.00.  Napper Tandy very strong in the market.  Was evens last night and is now at a best price of 5/6.

I realise that I have not selected the favourite in any of the above races but genuinely believe I have chosen the best horses to win.

Good luck to all today

5:40 Wolves think you have called that dead right even if it was to win which i doubt it will i make it an outsider to be honest 8yo never won CD? Word of honour for me as a little tickle nothing serious. Highest mountain for R/FC.

I'll have a go at the veterans chase form a trends perspective.

Only 5 years data to look at.

34 horses have run after a break of 34 days or more and all have lost. This reduces the field to 11.

23 horses finished worse than 6 last time out. All lost. This reduces the field to 6.

Not much else stands out although 3 out of the 5 winners have had forecast odds between 16/1 and 20/1 and this leaves just 1, FINGERONTHESWITCH.

chance afew of these today, prices bet365

Aintree My Dream @ 11/2 Sandown 13:15
Born Survivor @ 14/1 Sandown 13:50
Grandeur Dame @ 22/1 Sandown 14:25
Theatre Guide @ 18/1 Sandown 15:00
Burtons Well @ 16/1 Sandown 15:00
Powersbomb @ 12/1 Cork 15:23
Ruacana @ 40/1 Sandown 15:35

23 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

1130 Lingfield pink jazz 10.5 Betfair exchange nowhere

110 Lingfield accomplice 13-2 paddy power won 

145 Lingfield three C's 10.0 Betfair exchange nowhere

440 Wolverhampton red allure 7.4 nowhere Betfair exchange and saver on passional 6-5 won Paddy power

710 Wolverhampton obtuse paddy power 2-1 won

Done trebles fourfolds and fivefolds on above myself and wins with Betfair sp. Prices above are best at time.

Results. Good start to the year on the forum I see ? money back on trebles and nice on the singles. Also had another treble with obtuse come in for big money ?

Edited by Wildgarden

Wolves tonight:
1610  -  6 Lord Of The Alps     3/1 Bet365    -  WON
1640  -  1 Passional       13/8 Bet365  -  WON
1710  -  5 Rochester House    5/1 Bet365  - 4th
1740  -  8 Revolutionary Man     11/2 Bet365  -  WON
1810  -  2 Mirage Mac    6/1 Bet365
1840  -  4 Lochnaver   11/2 William Hill
1910  -  3 Black Sparrow   4/1 Bet365

Edited by ipswich45
results being added

8 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Right ....diff tact this year ....devoting myself to chasing the big win so I'll take 2 races each weekend if possible  and any winnings I'll split on 2 single horses in 2 separate races the following weekend ......only 1 race I can find today .....but I'm gonna stick with this now this year and chase a 4 figure win at least 

330 ling 

Super julius 334

Shamson 332 

10pt win super julius 4/1 will h

Shamson 10pt win 8.6 betfair 

1st and 3rd .....86pts returned ...I'll recoup my stake 20pts so that's 2x 33pt bets next weekend ....off to a good start 

13 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

5:40 Wolves think you have called that dead right even if it was to win which i doubt it will i make it an outsider to be honest 8yo never won CD? Word of honour for me as a little tickle nothing serious. Highest mountain for R/FC.

Well, at least Revolutionary Man got me my money back.  Didn't know about 8yo never having won at the CD.  Michele Strogoff finished 8th at 5/2 favourite beaten 7.25 lengths!

13 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Well, at least Revolutionary Man got me my money back.  Didn't know about 8yo never having won at the CD.  Michele Strogoff finished 8th at 5/2 favourite beaten 7.25 lengths!

Sorry may be miscommunication on my part Michele Strogoff (8YO) never won at distance so theory is why should it now? so even if it had of won was always a bad bet and how it made fav is beyond me. (8yo do win at track)