** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis Tips - November 9 - November 15

• 2 weeks later...

Sabine Lisicki delivered on the handicap, which was nice to see and especially nice after the 2-6 first set. The handicap was very much in after the second though, she just needed to win one game in the third.

Don't like anything for Monday yet, might sit out the day honestly. A couple in Cary appeal, but I want to see the schedule first, i.e. what's on for Monday and what for Tuesday.

Zvonareva - Kostyuk: 1-2 correct score: 4.33 at bet365: Now I find this match a tricky one, as the odds suggest as well. I feel like Kostyuk is a little bit overrated here, Zvonareva can cause her problems. Imma skip the regular 1 or 2 bets cuz I dont like neither odds, but I'm gonna go and try out this correct score, with a 2% bet. Kostyuk has one of my favorite playstyles in women's tennis atm, but she's lacking still some parts to 'greatness'

Fucsovics - Sinner: Fucsovics to win a set: 1.61: Uhm, I am not sure that Sinner is healthy,  so I'm gonna push this one a bit. Fucsovics takes a set here.

Mikael Torpegaard (-3.5) to beat William Blumberg at 1.72 with Bet365

I appreciate that Torpegaard has been in poor form recently, but he's been knocking on the doors and the actual scorelines haven't been that bad. Now, he's dropping to a match against Blumber, who hasn't played any matches since May if my sources are correct and who's mainly a part-time player. Torpegaard should be itching to get a good win on the board after failing so many times recently and I like the handicap line. If he can get his belief up, he should outclass Blumberg.

The rules should be improved and players payed for each round only if they win that round. So many disappointments with "big" players going and losing in the first round only to mark their presence, take the money and go home. People are watching them (and probably bet on them) wanting to see their good performance and, instead, they see that attitude. 

Oh I've seen shapo will also play. I would avoid him.

At fucsovis sinner -I played over 18,5 games (or over 17,5 for less risk). They played in AO and fucsovis won, but the first two sets were 6-4 6-4 , so a reasonably close match as it should also be today. Fucsovis is crafty and sinner has power and is on the rise.

Pospisil-struff. Over 18,5 games seems to be the lowest games line here on the site that I bet on. I personaly didn't play this match at all. While I do think it will be close and both can keep their serve well, neither of them is a consistent player that you can know for sure what he's gonna do. But if I would have bet anything on this match it would be over 18,5 games in the match or struff taking one set( I mean if marchenko did it, I don't see why struff can't).

4 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Not a chance that's true. Cilic has been sliding for ages now and it's not going to change - he's always been one dimensional, and when that one dimension starts to wane there's no turning back. I always thought he was a similar player to Berdych and he finished with a limp and I can see Cilic going the same way.

5 hours ago, vvararu said:

The rules should be improved and players payed for each round only if they win that round. So many disappointments with "big" players going and losing in the first round only to mark their presence, take the money and go home. People are watching them (and probably bet on them) wanting to see their good performance and, instead, they see that attitude. 

I'd like to see seeds that lose first round matches - or second if getting a bye - getting no paycheck inclusive of appearance fees. They're supposed to win and it's hard not to conclude, as @vvararusuggested, that sometimes they just aren't bothered about winning. The way I see it, if you're seeded then you're making a good living out of the sport and so can afford the penalty of not getting paid for a first match loss at a tournament. I suppose though that if something like that were implemented, it would just kick the can down the road and you'd get top players tanking in their next match. Realistically though, players not trying and sometimes blatantly so is a blight that tennis is stuck with. I just don't see a feasible way to stamp it out completely.

16 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Mikael Torpegaard (-3.5) to beat William Blumberg at 1.72 with Bet365

I appreciate that Torpegaard has been in poor form recently, but he's been knocking on the doors and the actual scorelines haven't been that bad. Now, he's dropping to a match against Blumber, who hasn't played any matches since May if my sources are correct and who's mainly a part-time player. Torpegaard should be itching to get a good win on the board after failing so many times recently and I like the handicap line. If he can get his belief up, he should outclass Blumberg.

I've got 2.00 live now on Torpegaard, gimme the $$$$

Well , managed to win something yesterday atleast . From today's matches I picked 3 that seem to have reasonable chances to return some money :

Milman-simon - I bet over 18,5 games (wanted to go with over 17.5 but the odds there are too low and I genuinely think that this is gonna be a contested match). Both of these guys have resembling games, they 've met in sidney I think before and that one was a tight 3 setter. There are probably going to be tons of breaks of serve here.

Sinner-huesler - I bet that sinner will win (small odds but whatcha gonna do..). Guess you could go for a 2-0 sinner win, but I have no ideea about who huesler is or how he plays.

Gasquet-forejtek- Simply put gasquet is not cilic and he won't tank . Richie is usualy good at beating players he should beat, and even at his age I think he has enough to beat this youngster without much trouble.

I didn't get the time to post my bets today. But I did play sinner to take a set against de minaur which was won.

The second one is over 18,5 games on milman-pospisil. Vasek seemed to me like he's in fine form and motivated, while john is usualy a consistent player that's gonna make pospisil commit some errors.

15 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

Me, I played  Treble

Sinner + Pospisil + Gasquet .

I hope it's going to be winner 

You did well man. I'm just gonna avoid pospisil alltogether now, that guy is just so random. I barely hear anything about him in years and then he plays great out of nowhere.

Today , Sinner will play again Frenchman Mannarino. 
Mannarino repeats that he is very very tired . He play well but it will not be enough again Italian who should win the tournament in my opinion 

Sinner win 2-0 v Mannarino @8/13 (Bet365)

Edited by Heisenberg68

It's also good to post the bookie, @Heisenberg68.

Don't like anything over in Linz today honestly. As I said, this part of the season is already a bit meh, looking forward to the ATP finals and then the off-season. Also, I'm really hoping that Australia won't mess things up and that we are going to get the full Aussie Open experience!