** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Win Backing System

Yes .... here is the exact criteria for the selections ..... here is also my debit card, PIN, IBAN, BIC, a copy of my passport and also a copy of my signature ? ...sorry, couldn't resist .... I'm looking for value, horses that have a higher probability of running well/running better that what I estimate their SP will be.

46 minutes ago, The Accountant said:

2 places yesterday, albeit at lower prices and we'd another close miss with our first selection trading into 10% of its opening BSP.

Place Bank +€109.03

Win Bank +€4,716.09

Wind In my Sails was nowhere last night, came 10th on the result i am looking at?

Good luck with todays team!

21 hours ago, The Accountant said:

Yes .... here is the exact criteria for the selections ..... here is also my debit card, PIN, IBAN, BIC, a copy of my passport and also a copy of my signature ? ...sorry, couldn't resist .... I'm looking for value, horses that have a higher probability of running well/running better that what I estimate their SP will be.

I'm wavering between being amused by that post or finding it a bit arsey. Obviously it's laughable to expect anyone to reveal the precise selection method for a winning system, especially to a first time poster, but I feel you could provide a little bit more than "I'm looking for value" (quelle surprise) without blowing the gaff.

To quote from the "Rules for posting betting systems" thread "Obviously we want as much details as possible but it is not required. A statement like "it's private, under wraps, secret" however is not sufficient. You must give a description of the bet selection process as well as the staking plan used sufficient for anyone else to get a clear idea of what's involved."

I'd suggest it wouldn't hurt to give us a tiny peak behind the veil, e.g. it's a secret system based on the number of syllables in the horses names, it's an entirely automated system or just based on your own knowledge and experience in interpreting form.

Also, with reference to the guidance in the "rules" thread, any chance you could provide an update in terms of number of bets, strike rate and (especially) yield for each bank? The performance is obviously decent to anyone who's kept even half an eye on the thread but bare profit figures alone don't impart much to anyone coming to the thread part way through.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I trust you don't mind me sharing my thoughts in response to the post in question.

23 hours ago, The Accountant said:

Presumably you are taking early prices (best odds guaranteed?) and then (very fairly) providing your profit figures based on the SP that is available to anyone.

Of course they are all flying in as I did not back today following a bad run, not just these but other stuff falling over in the last few days killing my bank!

Good luck to all who have backed them.

IMHO the owner can provide as little or as much info as he wishes about his picks, if they are winning that should be enough.

“Of course they are all flying in as I did not back today following a bad run, not just these but other stuff falling over in the last few days killing my bank!”

Sorry Nick but if you consider what we’ve been on as a “bad run” then I can only scratch my head. I’ve been very happy with the progress. Maybe your bank is too small relative to your staking and you need to review. I wouldn’t consider us to have been on a losing run at all. 

Re: the comment about the system criteria etc firstly I meant no offence but it was pretty obvious to me that the poster hadn’t even taken the time to review the thread in full (which was only 3 pages) they saw the profit only and then asked for the exact detail in their first post - this was the trigger for my “arsey” comment. I’ve been trading for over 24 years, I’ve spent thousands and thousands of hours (& euro’s) looking at angles across several sports so it annoys me to have some one not even bother to scan 3 pages on a free site and expect chapter and verse. Rant over ?

Re the criteria. It’s system based, I have a set number of criteria that I narrow the fields with. I then look at the price and make a judgment call. It’s specific to the horse, not for example the race type and/or track. The criteria would be specific and are based around my own ratings - that’s as much as I will be posting, not because of any reason other than it’ll lead to a load of follow on questions.

Re taking the early prices, yes I generally do and then record at BSP. On which there’s a small error in the place bank which I’ll amend on Monday. I’ll also put up a link for a records sheet if that is permitted/useful to people.

I’m happy to stay posting if there’s interest in it. It doesn’t concern me where in the forum. 

58 minutes ago, The Accountant said:

Re the criteria. It’s system based, I have a set number of criteria that I narrow the fields with. I then look at the price and make a judgment call. It’s specific to the horse, not for example the race type and/or track. The criteria would be specific and are based around my own ratings - that’s as much as I will be posting, not because of any reason other than it’ll lead to a load of follow on questions.

:ok That’s exactly what I had in mind. Well done on yesterday’s results. No reason not to keep posting on here to maintain the continuity of the thread.

Some of us are just punters enjoying following a profitable thread and don’t really care about the “ingredients” while some of us are systems and strategy geeks ourselves. We don’t expect the full recipe but it’s nice to know “it’s my own secret sauce with a blend of 14 herbs and spices”. Sorry, I’m watching Saturday kitchen. Extended metaphor over, back to business. :)

54 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Some of us are just punters enjoying following a profitable thread and don’t really care about the “ingredients”

That's me. Too many bad runs when striking out on my own. 

Thanks Accountant - keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

If it’s a problem post on daily racing chat in the racing forum I think I speak for the members that use that forum we would love to see you post on there ??

Tried so many of my own systems but only succeeded in losing money.  Grateful for all the hard work put in by the experts on this forum.  Thanks to The Accountant and others like Trotter and Richard Westwood?

Yep my comment is misunderstood.

Since I started following your selections, I am down, but having done some research, as I keep a record of all bets, if I level staked rather than rolling bank, then that would reduce it.

Obviously if I had done Friday then i would have been well into profit, but as I try various things with my rolling bank, and a big losing run occurred with various other systems, that ate into my confidence and profit somewhat.

NO DOUBT!, you have a cracking system here, and I will be following going forward, but need to as you say, and as I do occasionally, to review what I am doing and maybe change my approach.

No offence intended.

14 minutes ago, Trade_Green said:

All the slabbering on here has obviously made the accountant decide not to share his selections any longer!! Well done 

I'm not sure what "slabbering" is but if it's meant to imply criticism or anything negative then I think it's misplaced. Nothing has been posted that was in any way inappropriate for a betting forum where people are free to ask questions about or comment on the systems or strategies that are posted.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, The Accountant said:

I’m happy to stay posting if there’s interest in it. It doesn’t concern me where in the forum. 

Given that comment I'd assume it's more likely that there are simply no selections today or the guy has been too busy to post for once. He could have changed his mind of course and that would be his prerogative but I doubt it. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be in the least bit concerned about a couple of questions and a bit of constructive and polite criticism.

There's certainly enough interest in the thread and deservedly so.

Morning,

There will be the odd day when I don't get a chance to post; this usually coincides with a bank holiday in Ireland which it was yesterday.

For what it's worth I've no issue with any posting on the thread.

Here's todays selections.

12:30 Bangor Madera Mist
13:00 Bangor Scartare
14:35 Bangor Guard Your Dreams
14:55 Chepstow Brophies Doll
15:15 Catterick Broken Spear
15:50 Catterick I'll Be Good
18:20 Southwell Xcelente
19:50 Southwell Thawry

Edited by The Accountant

On 10/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, NickP said:

Wind In my Sails was nowhere last night, came 10th on the result i am looking at?

Good luck with todays team!

Sorry, I made a posting earlier that confused some. There was one place on the day in question. I had 4 selections myself. 2 of which were too late to post here so I only put up 2. The place bank was understated by €16.05 as a result.