** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 12th - 14th

eplodds.jpg

The Premier League fixtures have officially been announced and here are the opening round of matches coming up next month. Plenty of time to check out the way the teams are preparing for the new season but we might as well get the odds up now and start chewing the fat over what bets to place. Tell us your predictions for these games over the coming weeks but let's also hear some of your antepost bets for this upcoming season! :ok

I'm definitely on Newcastle at 3.5 to beat West Ham.  Newcastle look to have recruited quite well over the summer, whereas West Ham unless i've missed it haven't signed anyone as yet, plus they lost a highly rated player (to West Brom of all teams) which seemed to upset some of the West Ham players. 

There seems to be some discontent in the West Ham camp and they just don't seem to be a team who are going to do anything other than be knocking around the relegation zone this season.  Newcastle on the other hand I can see being somewhere around 10-13th as they were last season.  

Betting on the first week of the season is always a bit tricky but I like the price on Newcastle and think they have the better squad so going to put some faith in them.

Other thoughts are West Brom to beat Leicester- largely based on how Leicester ended last season and West Brom having some momentum from being promoted.  And i'm not sure why Wolves are such big favourites away at Sheff Utd.  No result would surprise me in this game, so definitely some value in the price of the home team IMO.

Fulham vs Arsenal

The Premier League is back this weekend and the action starts with a 12:30pm BST kick-off on Saturday lunch-time as newly promoted Fulham begin their campaign with a match against fellow London club Arsenal at Craven Cottage. These are two clubs that will be adopting two different sets of expectations heading into this season but will we see a more closely-fought encounter than many are anticipating?

Fulham might have done it the hard way via the Championship play-offs but they managed to bounce straight back up to the top flight of English football. Scott Parker has been handed just as much criticism as praise for the way he has handled getting the club back into the highest tier. The former Charlton and Chelsea player has moved quick to prepare his side for the new campaign. Loan signings Harrison Reed and Anthony Knockaert have signed permanent deals. The arrivals of Mario Lemina, Alphonse Areola, Kenny Tete, Antonee Robinson, Ziyad Larkeche, and Kieron Bowen have strengthened a squad that many felt was strong enough to compete at this level anyway. Questions will be asked of the players already with the club such as Aleksandar Mitrovic, Josh Onomah, and Tom Cairney who delivered in the Championship but for whom the jury remains out in the Premier League. Having scored in 20 of their last 23 league matches, there's an expectation that they can score goals but can the defence cope with the step up?

Arsenal finally showed proof of positive change under Mikel Arteta by winning the 2019/20 FA Cup. The Gunners now have expectations of breaking back into the top four. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has signed a contract extension and that's undoubtedly the biggest signing for the club this summer. Willian has joined from Chelsea but when defensive and central midfield issues needed addressing it has to be asked if another winger is what Arsenal really needed? That said, Arteta has moved to bring in Gabriel from Lille and re-signed Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid. Unfortunately, the defence remains the elephant in the room. Just 1 clean sheet from their last 9 matches is a concern. However, they still boast one of the most dangerous front lines in the top flight having scored 2 goals in 6 of their last 8 victories.

I feel this is a Fulham team that will probably once again struggle in the top flight. I wasn't convinced by Parker's management last season and I felt my Cardiff side were very unlucky not to pip them over two legs in the play-offs... and we are a very ordinary Championship side. I think this could be a tough season for the Cottagers and it'll begin here with Arsenal sealing a solid opening day win.

Arsenal to Win & BTTS @ 3.30 with Boylesports

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.50 with BetVictor

Crystal Palace vs Southampton

One of the less high-profile games taking place in the Premier League this weekend is the match between Crystal Palace and Southampton in a 3pm BST kick-off at Selhurst Park on Saturday afternoon. The home side are being tipped by many to struggle this coming season and they'll begin their campaign against an away team that are being backed by a lot of people to improve on last season.

Crystal Palace were punching above their weight for long periods of last season but a poor end to the campaign saw the Eagles drop down the table to finish in 14th place. The general opinion was that Roy Hodgson's side had been too over-reliant on star player Wilfried Zaha and now his exit seems to be inevitably drawing closer there are fears the club could struggle to replace him if he departs. The club has clearly anticipated Zaha's departure with the signing of Eberechi Eze from QPR for £16 million. The arrival of Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi on loan is also a positive. Nathan Ferguson joining from West Brom on a free could also prove a sound piece of business. Have they done enough though? It's probably worth noting that Zaha still hasn't left yet and the thought of that Palace front line is mouth-watering but can the ability on paper transfer to the pitch? Central midfield still needs addressing too.

Southampton will feel they got away with murder last season. After that horrific 9-0 loss at home to Leicester and the club drifting away at the wrong end of the table it seemed like relegation was heading their way. However, head coach Ralph Hasenhuttl pulled off a mini-miracle by steering the club to an 11th placed finish. He was largely helped by the goals of Danny Ings and the performances of a number of players including James Ward-Prowse, Stuart Armstrong, and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. The last of those has now departed for Tottenham and a replacement has yet to come in. The arrivals of Kyle Walker-Peters and Mohammed Salisu add numbers but surely the Saints fans will expect more quality to come in if they're to build on last season's mid-table position.

For a long while, I've felt Crystal Palace will have problems this season and Southampton will become a difficult side to beat. I feel until Zaha leaves that Palace will be a potential banana skin for anyone. The fact they failed to score in 6 of their last 8 games last season and lost 7 of those 8 games is a concern. Southampton did have the third best away record last season though and it's something I feel could remain so long as Hasenhuttl is in charge. I'm tempted to back a draw because I think Palace still have just enough to compete but I'd be giving a different outcome if this was in a month's time if Zaha has left.

Draw @ 3.30 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.70 with BetVictor

(Players stats are from last season.)

Fulham FC vs Arsenal

Fulham FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Arsenal

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): David Luiz (33/2 d), Calum Chambers (14/1 d), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (19/2 d), Pablo Mari Villar (2/0 d), Shkodran Mustafi (15/0 d), Emile Smith Rowe (2/0 m), Gabriel Martinelli (14/3 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Fulham v Arsenal

I just don't like Arsenal as an away team. They fail to deliver all the time. In the last 3 seasons in away games against relegation candidates, they have won just 5 times in 15 games. Last season they failed to win 4 times (Villa 1-0, Bournemouth 1-1, Norwich 2-2, Watford 1-1). They managed a come from behind win over West Ham.

In away league games against the top 5 teams (Chelsea, Liverpool, Man CIty, Man United, Tottenham, Leicester) they are pathetic, winning 2 games out of 34 over the last 8 seasons. For me you just cannot be firing money at this bet at odds of 1.59. I would be taking Fulham double chance here at odds around 2.5

Crystal Palace v Southampton

My feeling is that Palace will be in trouble this season. They were just awful at the end of last season, and it is not so easy to switch it back on, and start winning. I think they could be relegated, and will be in big early trouble. Unlike Arsenal, SOuthampton have been great against relegation candidates. Last season they had away wins againts Villa 1-3, Bournemouth 0-2, Norwich 0-3, Watford 1-3, and lost 3-1 to West Ham. I think they have beaten Palace 3 times in 4 seasons away. So for me the away win looks solid, and the Away win and over 2.,5 goals is a possibility at odds of 4.

Liverpool v Leeds

I think Liverpool win here against a spiritedLeeds side, but I do see Leeds scoring. I feel a 3-1 or 4-1 scoreline on the cards.The Liverpool Home WIn and Over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.8 looks solid.

Tottenham v Everton

My feeling is that Tottenham are going backwards. I don't think Mourinho was a good fit for them, and the first part of the gamble (getting CL football) has already failed. I think this season could be a train smash. In 4 of the last 6 seasons they have only won 12 or fewer home games. A Championship winning team, or a CL qualifier probably needs at least 14 home wins. I think Harry Kane becomes more an more isolated as Spurs play a style that absolutely does not suite him. Spurs really struggle against those top 1/2 teams at home, winning just 6 times in 18 games (last 2 seasons). 

Can Mourinho get the best out of this squad? I don't think so. You can only go so far by stopping your opponent from playing ... eventually you have to play some football yourself ! Everton is a potential banana skin for Spurs here, and I would be going away double chance.

Edited by neilovan

Liverpool vs Leeds

The big game of the weekend in the Premier League is the 5:30pm BST clash on Saturday afternoon between reigning champions Liverpool and newly promoted Leeds at Anfield. It's a battle of two very highly intense playing philosophies as the home team look to begin the defence of their title with a victory against a visiting side that will be keen to show they're not just here to make up the numbers.

Liverpool will start a league campaign as the reigning champions for the first time in 30 years and it's a potentially tricky one to start. Jurgen Klopp has been keen to point out how tough Leeds will be to play against this season. The Reds won 18 of their 19 league matches at home last season and are in the midst of a club record 59 matches unbeaten at Anfield in a streak that stretches back all the way to April 2017. Liverpool are also undefeated in their opening league games over the past 7 seasons and have lost just 1 of their previous 18 opening matches during a title defence seasons. That was back in 1923 in a 2-0 loss to West Brom. On a sidenote, Mohamed Salah could become just the 2nd player in Premier League history (Teddy Sheringham being the 1st) to score in 4 straight season-opening games. He scored 15 of his 19 league goals at Anfield last season so it's worth a cheeky bet. 

Leeds have a fantastic opportunity to get the club back to where the fans feel it deserves to be. Marcelo Bielsa has done a superb job at not only lifting the team back into the top flight but also changing the public perception of the club. Gone are the days of Leeds being ridiculed for bottling games or going down without a fight or playing dirty. This is now a Whites side that are respected, praised, and appreciated for a hard-working and relentless playing style. The challenge is there. Bielsa has brought in Rodrigo from Valencia for £26 million in an effort to evolve the squad. Leeds did score in 87% of their Championship matches last season but that counts for nothing here. Interestingly, Leeds have never lost a game on the opening day of a Premier League campaign. However, the winner of the previous season's Championship title hasn't won their opening Premier League game since Sunderland managed it in 2007.

This could be a very interesting game. It's between arguably two of the greatest managers currently active in the game with both men adopting similar high tempo and aggressive mentalities. Leeds haven't won at Anfield since 2001 when they came away with a 2-1 win. I don't think Liverpool will walk to victory here but they should have enough to scrape a win. I'm expecting Leeds to send a message today though.

Liverpool to Win & BTTS @ 2.88 with Betway

Anytime Scorer: Mohamed Salah @ 1.84 with Unibet

Liverpool vs Leeds United

Liverpool is going to host Leeds United in the first round of the new Premier League season. The home side wants to defend the title, while the visitors’ primary goal is to remain in the top flight at the end of the campaign.

Liverpool managed to lift the Premier League trophy for the first time after 30 years. They have been pretty dominant in the competition as the hosts finished 17 points ahead of Manchester City. Mohamed Salah and the lads have been pretty efficient in front of the oppositions’ goal by scoring 85 times, while Virgil van Dijk and his teammates from the backline allowed just 33 goals to their rivals. The Reds failed to win only once at Anfield last season as Burnley managed to get back home with a point. Jurgen Klopp’s side has been playing constantly well, and they want to keep up where they left off. However, Liverpool failed to lift the Community Shield trophy as they lost to Arsenal after the penalty shootout.

Leeds United finally managed to get promoted to the Premier League after years of failing to succeed that quest. They finished at the top spot of the Championship, being 10 points clear from the second-placed WBA. Marcelo Bielsa’s side had an excellent finish of the campaign as they booked six straight victories. The away side wants to avoid relegation at the end of the current season, and to show that they are committed to their goals, the Whites brought some excellent signings. Rodrigo from Valencia is the most significant one, and we might see more Leeds United’s activities in the last days of the summer market.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

It is going to be an exciting clash, but the hosts are considered as firm favorites. We believe they are going to meet the expectations and secure their lead at half time.

Goals Market Prediction

Liverpool has been very efficient lately, while the visitors indeed won’t be focused just on defending their goal. Therefore, we should be able to see at least three goals in total in this game.

Liverpool to win HT-FT @1.80

Over 2.5 FT @ 1.55

Correct score 3:1 @13.00

Source: https://www.bat-bet.com/2020/09/11/liverpool-vs-leeds-united-betting-tips-predictions-match-previews/

17 hours ago, neilovan said:

Fulham v Arsenal

I just don't like Arsenal as an away team. They fail to deliver all the time. In the last 3 seasons in away games against relegation candidates, they have won just 5 times in 15 games. Last season they failed to win 4 times (Villa 1-0, Bournemouth 1-1, Norwich 2-2, Watford 1-1). They managed a come from behind win over West Ham.

In away league games against the top 5 teams (Chelsea, Liverpool, Man CIty, Man United, Tottenham, Leicester) they are pathetic, winning 2 games out of 34 over the last 8 seasons. For me you just cannot be firing money at this bet at odds of 1.59. I would be taking Fulham double chance here at odds around 2.5

Crystal Palace v Southampton

My feeling is that Palace will be in trouble this season. They were just awful at the end of last season, and it is not so easy to switch it back on, and start winning. I think they could be relegated, and will be in big early trouble. Unlike Arsenal, SOuthampton have been great against relegation candidates. Last season they had away wins againts Villa 1-3, Bournemouth 0-2, Norwich 0-3, Watford 1-3, and lost 3-1 to West Ham. I think they have beaten Palace 3 times in 4 seasons away. So for me the away win looks solid, and the Away win and over 2.,5 goals is a possibility at odds of 4.

Liverpool v Leeds

I think Liverpool win here against a spiritedLeeds side, but I do see Leeds scoring. I feel a 3-1 or 4-1 scoreline on the cards.The Liverpool Home WIn and Over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.8 looks solid.

Tottenham v Everton

My feeling is that Tottenham are going backwards. I don't think Mourinho was a good fit for them, and the first part of the gamble (getting CL football) has already failed. I think this season could be a train smash. In 4 of the last 6 seasons they have only won 12 or fewer home games. A Championship winning team, or a CL qualifier probably needs at least 14 home wins. I think Harry Kane becomes more an more isolated as Spurs play a style that absolutely does not suite him. Spurs really struggle against those top 1/2 teams at home, winning just 6 times in 18 games (last 2 seasons). 

Can Mourinho get the best out of this squad? I don't think so. You can only go so far by stopping your opponent from playing ... eventually you have to play some football yourself ! Everton is a potential banana skin for Spurs here, and I would be going away double chance.

Great to have you posting on the Premier League games again this season, Neil. I agree that the price on an Arsenal win is too low. That's why I've gone for the win and BTTS. I don't think you should expect much of Fulham this season. Cardiff were a distinctly average side last season and we almost knocked them out of the play-offs. They then squeezed past a Brentford side that were renowned bottle jobs. If Scott Parker can get the likes of Anthony Knockaert, Josh Onomah, and Tom Cairney delivering then they stand a chance. Aleksandar Mitrovic won't get 10 goals this season. He's a proven failure in the top flight. In the same category as the likes of Dwight Gayle, Lewis Grabban, and Patrick Bamford as players that are decent Championship strikers but can't make the step up.

I agree with your other thoughts too except Jose Mourinho at Tottenham. As always, we can't tell which sort of Mourinho side will turn up until the season starts. I feel he's learning from his previous lessons in terms of man management though and I think they showed signs at the end of the last campaign that they could do something this year. I still don't feel they've added enough quality but I think, in contrast, Everton have done too much too quickly.

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Great to have you posting on the Premier League games again this season, Neil. I agree that the price on an Arsenal win is too low. That's why I've gone for the win and BTTS. I don't think you should expect much of Fulham this season. Cardiff were a distinctly average side last season and we almost knocked them out of the play-offs. They then squeezed past a Brentford side that were renowned bottle jobs. If Scott Parker can get the likes of Anthony Knockaert, Josh Onomah, and Tom Cairney delivering then they stand a chance. Aleksandar Mitrovic won't get 10 goals this season. He's a proven failure in the top flight. In the same category as the likes of Dwight Gayle, Lewis Grabban, and Patrick Bamford as players that are decent Championship strikers but can't make the step up.

I agree with your other thoughts too except Jose Mourinho at Tottenham. As always, we can't tell which sort of Mourinho side will turn up until the season starts. I feel he's learning from his previous lessons in terms of man management though and I think they showed signs at the end of the last campaign that they could do something this year. I still don't feel they've added enough quality but I think, in contrast, Everton have done too much too quickly.

Wow, Fulham just useless. Hard to see another PL team that is worse than them.

West Ham vs Newcastle

The last of the Premier League matches scheduled to take place on Saturday is the 8pm BST evening kick-off between West Ham and Newcastle from the London Stadium. Both teams have long been fighting relegation battles but they managed to avoid being sucked into the scrap last season. Can either team start with a full 3 points on the opening weekend of matches?

West Ham are a club is complete disillusion right now. YouTube channels and radio phone-ins are full of Hammers supporters berating the ownership. Even their own captain Mark Noble has come out on Twitter to criticise the sale of Grady Diangana to West Brom. The club finished 16th last season and if the alleged rumours are to be believed the current owners only care about keeping the team up and making a profit on their investment with the aim to sell the club in the coming year or so. This season, David Moyes is working with a limited budget. The only arrival of any note is the permanent signing of Thomas Soucek who had been on loan anyway. If Declan Rice departs then where does that leave the team? It was only 4 wins from 16 league games at home last season.

Newcastle surprised many people with their 13th placed finish last year. Steve Bruce deserves to take all the plaudits for his management of the team after the criticism he initially received. The Magpies have moved to improve the squad even more in the summer break with the Toon Army signing central midfielder Jeff Hendrick from Burnley, left back Jamal Lewis from Norwich, and the Bournemouth duo of striker Callum Wilson and winger Ryan Fraser. No big name departures means that the club are looking even stronger than last season. The fact Newcastle are unbeaten in 5 of their last 7 matches with West Ham and took 4 points from their two games with the Hammers last season suggests they'll believe they can win this one.

This fixture is renowned for having goals in it with an average of 4.16 goals being scored in each of the last six meetings. I feel neither club is exactly in the best position right now in relation to their owners but Newcastle are certainly in a healthier situation. I'm worried for West Ham this season and even though they might scrape a point from this game I think they have big issues this year.

Draw @ 3.75 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.91 with Betfred

Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton

Thanks to the very good finish of the latest campaign, Tottenham managed to book the last ticket for the Europa League. However, fans expected more as they were supposed to challenge one of the top four spots. The hosts haven’t tasted a defeat in the last six rounds, and a point against Crystal Palace helped them to skip Wolves and take the 6th position. Harry Kane and the lads have been pretty efficient in front of the oppositions’ net as they scored 61 times, while his teammates in the backline should have done a bit better. The Spurs were confident when playing at their pitch, and they booked four straight victories. Joe Hart joined Jose Mourinho’s side, while more activity on the transfer market can be expected in the days to come.

Everton had a disappointing campaign last season as they finished in 12th place. The visitors celebrated only once in the last five rounds and were pretty far from challenging one of the continental spots. However, the Toffees were very active on the market, and they strengthened their squad significantly during the summer transfer window. The away side signed Abdoulaye Doucoure from Watford, while the two biggest names are Alan from Napoli and James Rodrigues, the former Real Madrid player. Everton shouldn’t be underestimated, and they may be the biggest kick in teeth for many favorites this season.

We are expecting a big fight on the pitch, and both teams are capable of taking points from this game. It won’t be surprising if the match ends in a draw.

Goals Market Prediction

The latest clashes between these two sides have been pretty efficient, and this one shouldn’t be much different. Both teams are playing very well in the front, and we should be able to see goals in both nets.

Draw @3.60

BTTS Yes @ 1.80

Correct score 1:1 @7.50

Source: https://www.bat-bet.com/2020/09/12/tottenham-vs-everton-betting-tips-predictions-match-previews/

West Brom vs Leicester

The Premier League action continues on Sunday afternoon with newly promoted West Brom hosting one of last season's surprise packages Leicester in a 2pm BST kick-off at the Hawthorns. Both promoted sides fell to defeats against teams that finished in the top 6 last season but with contrasting performances. Which way will the home side begin their season and can the away team put their dour end to the last campaign behind them?

West Brom did their best to avoid going up automatically in 2nd place last season as they dropped points all over the place in the run-in. Fortunately, for Slaven Bilic's side, the likes of Fulham, Brentford, and Nottingham Forest also bottled matches near the end of the campaign. The Baggies come into this season aiming to vanquish their reputation of being a yo-yo team. The club has been relegated in 4 of their last 12 top flight campaigns. Only Norwich have been relegated on more occasions. Summer transfer activity has been low key. Turning loan signings of Callum Robinson, Matheus Pereira and Grady Diangana into a permanent transfers was great news and the arrivals of Cedric Kipre from Wigan and David Button from Brighton have further strengthened a side that was in desperate need of strengthening but is it enough? West Brom have won their opening league game in 3 of their last 4 seasons.

Leicester had looked guaranteed a Champions League qualification spot before lockdown set in but their form after the restart saw a dramatic collapse and Brendan Rodgers' side ended up only taking 24 points from their final 22 matches. The Foxes have only won their opening game on 2 of their previous 14 top flight campaigns. They have also failed to win any of their last 6 matches against newly promoted sides on the opening game of the season. However, their record against Leicester at the Hawthorns is decent. If they win here then they'll have made it a club record 5th straight away win against a single opponent in the Premier League. Transfer business has been minimal with the big name departure of Ben Chilwell to Chelsea being replaced by Atalanta full back Timothy Castagne.

The statistics on a head-to-head basis go against West Brom here. The home side have only won 1 of their last 7 meetings with Leicester. It's also a fixture where the home side has failed to win any of the last 8 clashes in the Premier League between these two sides. I just feel this could be a long and hard season for West Brom. This game could be a brutal dose of reality.

Leicester to Win @ 2.03 with Unibet

Anytime Scorer: Jamie Vardy @ 2.18 with 888Sport

Tottenham vs Everton

The second Premier League match taking place on Sunday afternoon is between Tottenham and Everton in a 4:30pm BST kick-off at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Both teams have similar ambitions to break into the top four this season after disappointing finishes last year but they've both adopted contrasting strategies in the transfer market during the off-season break.

Tottenham might have been subject to an enjoyable documentary on a renowned streaming service but the real business starts today. Jose Mourinho wasn't a very popular choice for replacing former head coach Mauricio Pochettino but he's slowly starting to win over his critics. Spurs finished 6th last season and there were signs that Mourinho was starting to have a positive impact on the side ending the season with an unbeaten run and keeping three clean sheets during that spell. Losing centre back Jan Vertonghen to Benfica is a blow but not unexpected. The signing of full back Matt Doherty from Wolves could prove a stroke of genius. The team comes into this game with a manager in Mourinho who has gone unbeaten on the opening day of a Premier League season more times than any other manager. It's also three opening day wins in a row for Tottenham and they haven't managed four consecutive seasons since 1967/68. Mourinho also loves playing against Everton having won 11 matches against them. That's more wins, along with West Ham, than against any other team he's managed against in England.

Everton have adopted a slightly more aggressive approach to their summer transfer business than Tottenham. Manager Carlo Ancelotti has spent big to bring in the trio of James Rodriguez, Allan, and Abdoulaye Doucoure. There are still suggestions the Italian hasn't finished adding to his squad yet as they look to improve on last season's 12th placed finish. Unfortunately, the team is without a win in a staggering 40 away matches against established top 6 sides. Interestingly, they haven't lost any of their last 8 opening day matches. Ancelotti himself has only suffered defeat once in his last 21 opening day fixtures.

This could be a very intriguing match. I'm quietly optimistic that Tottenham will be far more defensively sound this season. Mourinho was showing glimpses of tightening that back-line as last season concluded. I've even got Hugo Lloris and Doherty in my fantasy team. Everton will be disappointed if they're not challenging for a top six spot this season but I feel they're still some way off in overall quality from matching others. I think Tottenham will sneak this game but it could be a thrilling encounter.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.01 with Novibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with BetVictor

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Sheff Utd have lost their last 3 matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 7 away games in Premier League.
Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in 83% of their last 12 matches in Premier League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 90% of Wolves’s last 10 games in Premier League.
Chelsea have conceded at least 2 goals in 86% of their last 7 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 20 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 14.09.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-09-2020-20657/

Brighton vs Chelsea

Brighton ended the latest campaign in the 15th spot, and they managed to avoid relegation. They stayed seven points clear from Bournemouth, who was just below the red line. Graham Potter’s side had a decent finish of the season as is remained undefeated in the final three rounds. The home side did quite good in front of the oppositions’ goal as they were scoring once per match on average,  but their defense should have been much tighter. Brighton was pretty quiet on the transfer market, as they signed just two players, Jan Paul van Hencke from NAC Breda and Ulrick Brad Enema Ella from Amiens. Top-rated bookies predict a relegation struggle for the hosts, and we’ll see if they are going to remain in the Premier League.

Chelsea managed to book the 4th spot at the end of the previous season, although their form was not too stable. This time, the Blues want to step up and get involved in the title battle. Frank Lampard has a few top-class additions to his squad, and the visitors are considered third favorites for the Premier League trophy. Kai Havertz, Thiago Silva, and Benjamin Chilwell joined the club, and they should make a significant contribution to the title battle. Chelsea did an excellent job in the final third last season, as the away side scored 69 times, but they conceded too many times. The visitors were putting some fantastic displays away from Stamford Bridge, and they managed to get back home with a win nine times in 19 outings.

Chelsea has been dominant in head to head matches of these two sides, as the Blues failed to win just once in their six clashes. We believe they are going to meet the expectations and deliver another victory.

Goals Market Prediction

Their clashes at Amex Stadium have always been fascinating and efficient, and we don’t believe this one should be much different. Therefore, football fans should enjoy at least three goals in total.

Chelsea to win @1.60

Over 2.5 FT @ 1.80

Correct score 1:3 @15.00

Source: https://www.bat-bet.com/2020/09/13/brighton-vs-chelsea-betting-tips-predictions-match-previews/

Sheffield United vs Wolves

The Premier League weekend stretches into Monday this week and the first of the two matches scheduled is between two of last season's over-achievers when Sheffield United begin their second season back in the top flight against Wolves in a 6pm BST kick-off at Bramall Lane. There was very little separating these sides last season but will their transfer activity over the summer break be the deciding factor?

Sheffield United start what is renowned as the "difficult second season" with every reason to feel they can continue to establish themselves as a Premier League club. Chris Wilder has managed to keep the bulk of last season's squad together with loan keeper Dean Henderson the only major departure. The Blades moved quick to replace him with highly rated Bournemouth stopper Aaron Ramsdale. A number of other shrewd acquisitions have been made with Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle coming in from Derby, Oliver Burke from West Brom, and Ethan Ampadu on loan from Chelsea being the stand out signings. United have only won 1 of their last 6 opening day games. The club didn't end last season very well and if they lose this game it'll be four consecutive defeats in the league for the first time since September, 2013.

Wolves narrowly missed out on qualifying for the Europa League last season but the positive side of that is they can focus on the league. Nuno Espirito Santo waited until late in the day to add to his squad with Fabio Silva from Porto, Marcal from Lyon, and Vitinha from Porto on loan all being brought in over the past fortnight. The sale of Matt Doherty to Tottenham could be a difficult player to replace. It was a long campaign last season with the club playing 59 games in all competitions over a period of 383 days. It's no surprise they looked tired at the end of the season. It's now also 7 consecutive seasons without defeat for Wanderers on their opening day. However, they did only win 3 of their 18 top flight matches against sides also in the top half of the table. A bit of a contrast to the season before when they were excellent against the better performing sides.

This is one of those matches where it's impossible to call. I'm impressed with the signings that Sheffield United have made. Getting Ampadu in is a massive signing and I think every one makes them stronger. Losing Henderson is huge but Ramsdale is far from a downgrade. Wolves know that everything is about the league for them this year with no Europe to distract them. I think this could be a close game though and wouldn't be surprised to see it end in a draw.

Draw @ 3.90 with Unibet

BTTS @ 2.45 with 888Sport

Brighton vs Chelsea

The second Premier League being played on Monday evening is the 8:15pm BST clash between Brighton and Chelsea at the Amex Stadium. Many people are predicting this to be a one-way outcome with one side having avoided a relegation dogfight last season playing against Champions League qualifiers who have gone out and spent big on huge summer signings.

Brighton finished in 15th place last season but the general feeling is that Graham Potter is doing a decent job with the Seagulls. The big departure of Shane Duffy to Celtic might have surprised a few people but with Ben White returning from his successful loan with Leeds and the duo of right back Joel Veltman joining from Ajax and centre back Lars Dendoncker arriving from Club Brugge means the team is not short of defensive options. The free transfer signing of Adam Lallana from reigning champions Liverpool is also a shrewd bit of business. Current form is a concern for Brighton. The club only have 3 wins from their 18 league games in 2020 but they have drawn 9 of those games too so they're proving tough to beat. Interestingly, all 5 of the top flight games Brighton have played on a Monday night have ended in draws. 

Chelsea made a massive statement over the off-season with the high-profile transfers of Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Hakim Ziyech, Ben Chilwell, and Thiago Silva. Frank Lampard is rewarding the younger players that qualified for the Champions League during the club's transfer embargo season by bringing in a load of new faces to replace the younger players in the starting line-up. Ruthless! If you want a good omen from the past then this is the third time the Blues have started their league campaign on a Monday. On the two previous occasions in 2014/15 and 2016/17 they went on to win the title. After losing both of their final two league matches last season, losing this game would make it 3 league defeats in a row for the first time since August 2006. The club only kept one clean sheet on the road last season and with Lampard keeping faith in Kepa Arrizabalaga with Silva and Chilwell also ruled out we might not see a huge change in defensive solidarity here.

The head-to-head record doesn't make for enjoyable reading for Brighton fans with the team having only recorded 1 win in 14 attempts against Chelsea. That came in an FA Cup game back in January, 1933. It'll be interesting to see how the new signings adapt to the Premier League for the visitors but I think they should have enough to sneak a win over their hosts.

Chelsea to Win & BTTS @ 3.40 with Bet365

Draw (Brighton +1) @ 3.70 with SportNation

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Sheffield United vs Wolves

The Premier League weekend stretches into Monday this week and the first of the two matches scheduled is between two of last season's over-achievers when Sheffield United begin their second season back in the top flight against Wolves in a 6pm BST kick-off at Bramall Lane. There was very little separating these sides last season but will their transfer activity over the summer break be the deciding factor?

Sheffield United start what is renowned as the "difficult second season" with every reason to feel they can continue to establish themselves as a Premier League club. Chris Wilder has managed to keep the bulk of last season's squad together with loan keeper Dean Henderson the only major departure. The Blades moved quick to replace him with highly rated Bournemouth stopper Aaron Ramsdale. A number of other shrewd acquisitions have been made with Max Lowe and Jayden Bogle coming in from Derby, Oliver Burke from West Brom, and Ethan Ampadu on loan from Chelsea being the stand out signings. United have only won 1 of their last 6 opening day games. The club didn't end last season very well and if they lose this game it'll be four consecutive defeats in the league for the first time since September, 2013.

Wolves narrowly missed out on qualifying for the Europa League last season but the positive side of that is they can focus on the league. Nuno Espirito Santo waited until late in the day to add to his squad with Fabio Silva from Porto, Marcal from Lyon, and Vitinha from Porto on loan all being brought in over the past fortnight. The sale of Matt Doherty to Tottenham could be a difficult player to replace. It was a long campaign last season with the club playing 59 games in all competitions over a period of 383 days. It's no surprise they looked tired at the end of the season. It's now also 7 consecutive seasons without defeat for Wanderers on their opening day. However, they did only win 3 of their 18 top flight matches against sides also in the top half of the table. A bit of a contrast to the season before when they were excellent against the better performing sides.

This is one of those matches where it's impossible to call. I'm impressed with the signings that Sheffield United have made. Getting Ampadu in is a massive signing and I think every one makes them stronger. Losing Henderson is huge but Ramsdale is far from a downgrade. Wolves know that everything is about the league for them this year with no Europe to distract them. I think this could be a close game though and wouldn't be surprised to see it end in a draw.

Draw @ 3.90 with Unibet

BTTS @ 2.45 with 888Sport

I am also backing the draw in this match as Wolves are the draw specialists in the league from the last 2 seasons and there has not been one draw so far in this round. Sheffield are strong when playing on their own turf but Wolves are generally the better side.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:53 AM, Neubs said:

I´m carefull of betting on Matchweek 1 - but i will play a double here. My bet is Arsenal to win at Fulham and Chelsea to win at Brighton.

That´s why i was backing Arsenal - for sure not a Perfect odd, but i think Fulham will be very weak this Season. Only Mitrovic up Front and also whole squad nothing special. So next Matchweek, against Arsenal with low Odds, but again they had great H2H against WestHam and let´s see what´s the week are going to be. Maybe Arsenal or WestHam made something on Transfer-Market. If not i see here Pellegrini in Matchweek 2 again will be in  big Trouble.