** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > August 13th-15th

Darran

A good day on Saturday although Dorking and AFC Telford both failing to hold onto their 1 goal leads stopped it from being an excellent afternoon. Like last mid-week I have 6 bets with 1 on Monday night and the other 5 all on Tuesday.

Dover v Havant & Waterlooville

Havant were surprisingly well beaten by Barrow on the opening day of the season, but they have improved massively on that in their following two games. A goalless draw against Boreham Wood was followed up with a 1-1 draw against Fylde on Saturday where they outplayed their opponents and should have won. They have clearly got over the shock of their first game at this level and I think they have a great chance to get their first win of the season on the board on Tuesday night. Dover have only picked up a point so far in a 2-2 draw against Bromley last Tuesday and they weren't great when losing to Gateshead on Saturday. They only managed a couple of shots on Saturday and it seems like the new team might need a bit of time to get going. I think the away side are over priced at 113/50 with Marathon.

Maidenhead v Wrexham

I am a big fan of Alan Devonshire as a manager, but it looks like he could have his work cut out keeping Maidenhead in the league this season. They were bad against Gateshead and then lost to Solihull. They drew with Dagenham on Saturday and although they ended up with only 9 men on the pitch I don't think the form is anything to write home about as Dagenham have struggled themselves early doors. Thanks to leaving my iPod on the train on Saturday afternoon I didn't end up watching the Wrexham game on BT Sport as I had hoped, but they ran out 3-0 winners over Boreham Wood. Now the report suggests it was a little against the run of play, but crucially they were able to put the ball in the back of the net and I suspect that was a game that would have ended 0-0 last season. They haven't conceded a goal in their first 3 games and I can't believe they aren't shorter than they are. Marathon's 93/50 makes plenty of appeal.

Maidstone v Leyton Orient

Orient have started the season with 3 draws against Salford, Ebbsfleet and Barrow, but this looks a good chance to get that first win on the board. They didn't sound like they were at their best on Saturday when drawing 2-2 with Barrow, but they more than have the class to see off a Maidstone side who were very poor at the weekend. They do have a win on the board after beating Dagenham last week, but as mentioned above I am not sure that says a lot and losing 3-0 to Halifax on Saturday was not a great result. I would make Orient favourites for this so the 193/100 with Marathon looks big.

AFC Telford v Brackley

Into the National League North now. Telford were unfortunate not to win for us at the weekend with the late Guieseley equaliser a deflected effort. It continues their unbeaten start to the season though and I was amazed to see them as big as 15/8 (Marathon) to overcome a Brackley side who have had an indifferent start. A win against Alfreton last Tuesday was a good effort, but either side of that they have lost to Bradford Park Avenue and then on Saturday 4-2 to Darlington. Given they are at home I was surprised not to see Telford as the favourites for this and they have to be a bet at the prices.

Wealdstone v Woking

Two bets in the National League South starting with this game on Monday night. Woking are 3/3, but I am not sure that tells the full story. A dubious penalty in injury time got them a win at East Thurrock and then sending offs for their opponents have played a big part in them winning their other two matches. East Thurrock and Oxford City (who they beat on Saturday) are games against teams likely to be battling against relegation and they shouldn't really have to be relying on men getting sent off. Wealdstone have had a solid start to the season and they pushed Billericay hard on Saturday despite losing 1-0. If they can back that performance up here I think they have a great chance of adding to their opening day win against Weston. Marathon are 17/10 and I think that is on the right side of value.

Slough v Weston-Super-Mare

Speaking of Weston I am more than happy to oppose them again on Tuesday night. They were 2 up against St Albans and then ended up losing 3-2 and that makes it 8 goals conceded in just 3 games. Slough got their first win of the season on Saturday and as much as Gloucester were really bad, Slough should have won more easily than the 2-1 scoreline suggests. They should get plenty of chances in front of goal again on Tuesday night given Weston's shaky defence and I think they can follow up Saturday's win. Marathon's 34/25 looks a cracking price.

Havant 1pt @ 113/50 with Marathon

Wrexham 1pt @ 93/50 with Marathon

Leyton Orient 1pt @ 193/100 with Marthon

AFC Telford 1pt @ 15/8 with Marthon

Wealdstone 1pt @ 17/10 with Marathon

Slough 2pts @ 34/25 with Marathon

2 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Do I take these in a 6 fold? No, only kidding.

Your knowledge of non league football is extensive and very very accurate. Saturday was extremely unlucky for a clean sweep. Feels a bit cheeky just backing your selections but your tips are so accurate.

Strange thing is in all the time I have been tipping on Non-League I have never landed a massive pay-out. Gone close a few times to landing a bet when I have put up 5 or more, but never hit the jackpot. Shows how hard it is and that singles are the way to go, but I always use 0.5pt to cover the acca and what even is one down from the amount of selections. At the very least I usually hit a couple of one losing and that usually covers those bets for the season.

Hi Darran

I guess there must be 200++ odd teams in non league football. Some also say National league oddschecker go conference but I can work that one out!

As a follower of your Hunters you wouldnt put a horse up with out time and meeting. Though that would be a lot easier to find without it than these teams. As for Marathon mobile site what a shocker that is... 

Havant 1pt @ 113/50 with Marathon NL

Wrexham 1pt @ 93/50 with Marathon NL

Leyton Orient 1pt @ 193/100 with Marthon NL

AFC Telford 1pt @ 15/8 with Marthon NLN

Wealdstone 1pt @ 17/10 with Marathon NLS

Slough 2pts @ 34/25 with Marathon NLS

something like this please?

I pray I win on this matches 

11 hours ago, 10lengthsclear said:

Hi Darran

I guess there must be 200++ odd teams in non league football. Some also say National league oddschecker go conference but I can work that one out!

As a follower of your Hunters you wouldnt put a horse up with out time and meeting. Though that would be a lot easier to find without it than these teams. As for Marathon mobile site what a shocker that is... 

Havant 1pt @ 113/50 with Marathon NL

Wrexham 1pt @ 93/50 with Marathon NL

Leyton Orient 1pt @ 193/100 with Marthon NL

AFC Telford 1pt @ 15/8 with Marthon NLN

Wealdstone 1pt @ 17/10 with Marathon NLS

Slough 2pts @ 34/25 with Marathon NLS

something like this please?

Good pick hope we win 

I´m taking Aldershot to win.

They have a tough Shedule at the begining with Chesterfield, Barnet and Solihull and i think they are overpriced a little bit. Dag&Red showed nothing special at the moment and grab only 1 Point in first 3 Games. For me Aldershot can win this tomorrow.

Aldershot @ 2.23 4/10 unibet

23 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´m taking Aldershot to win.

They have a tough Shedule at the begining with Chesterfield, Barnet and Solihull and i think they are overpriced a little bit. Dag&Red showed nothing special at the moment and grab only 1 Point in first 3 Games. For me Aldershot can win this tomorrow.

Aldershot @ 2.23 4/10 >unibet

FT 2:1

Also great bet´s - as allways - from @Darran

On 13/08/2018 at 1:46 AM, Darran said:

Strange thing is in all the time I have been tipping on Non-League I have never landed a massive pay-out. Gone close a few times to landing a bet when I have put up 5 or more, but never hit the jackpot. Shows how hard it is and that singles are the way to go, but I always use 0.5pt to cover the acca and what even is one down from the amount of selections. At the very least I usually hit a couple of one losing and that usually covers those bets for the season.

How ironic after writing this that I probably go the closest I have ever been to the big payout. Havant seemed comfortable at 3-1 and then Dover got a penalty and that woke them up and they were all over them after that.

1 minute ago, Darran said:

How ironic after writing this that I probably go the closest I have ever been to the big payout. Havant seemed comfortable at 3-1 and then Dover got a penalty and that woke them up and they were all over them after that.

I had £2.50 on the 6 fold and at 3-1, although Slough hadn't turned it round at that point, I thought my £485 was in my pocket. Just have to make do with the £125 off the 4 fold.

A great nights betting and excellent tipping there Darran.

12 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

I had £2.50 on the 6 fold and at 3-1, although Slough hadn't turned it round at that point, I thought my £485 was in my pocket. Just have to make do with the £125 off the 4 fold.

A great nights betting and excellent tipping there Darran.

Gents, please refrain from using monetary values of your bets.

The thing is that what for one person might be a small/snadard amount to bet with, for someone else is could as well be a maximum stake.

To give an idea of your bet confidence try using 'units' (say, on a scale from 1 to 10) while providing tips or stating the betting results.

Really chuffed my Dover side won yesterday, even if I lost the 1pt single I had on them to lose. The change in formation after we went down 1-3 to last years 5-2-3 worked a treat.

Its interesting to note, out of the four matches played,, Dover have been winning at some point in three of them. 

Not one for after timing but it would be rude not to say thanks to Darran in this case. Luckily I decided to take a look at this thread for the midweek action (something I should do more often) and backed the trebles and fourfold on the first 4 selections (the others had shortened a bit too much).

3 out of 4 perfectly acceptable (returned about as much as my typical single bets do) but such a shame that Havant couldn't hold on as that would have returned around 6 times as much.

Still, great tipping and much appreciated. :ok

8 hours ago, Marek76 said:

Gents, please refrain from using monetary values of your bets.

The thing is that what for one person might be a small/snadard amount to bet with, for someone else is could as well be a maximum stake.

To give an idea of your bet confidence try using 'units' (say, on a scale from 1 to 10) while providing tips or stating the betting results.

Apologies for my lack of etiquette. I am a small stakes gambler myself and my use of monetary amounts was not meant to cause offence. Apologies.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes