** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Championship Predictions > Feb 23rd - 25th

champratings.jpg

There is a full schedule of Championship fixtures to get through in midweek but here are the odds and ratings of the weekend matches. This thread will also cover the couple of Tuesday night games as well to give us some bumper action. Give us your thoughts on what bets are to be backed. I'll post up my thoughts as the week goes on. :ok

Hull vs Sheffield United

I am not sure how Sheffield United fans feel about this fixture this season but for Hull fans I am confident it is the closest thing to a derby they will get with maybe Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday being the close exceptions. Barnsley too perhaps? Or am I just showing my inbred Welsh naivety there? :lol

Anyway, this game is between two sides at opposite ends of the table. Hull are failing to see any real improvement under Nigel Adkins. Hands up in the room if you're not really surprised? Another club where the rot has set in above the management level. The Tigers are now in 21st place and only above the relegation zone on goal difference. The Blades are in 7th and just 2 points outside the play-offs with a game in hand after winning their last two league games.

After contrasting fortunes in midweek, it will be interesting to see how both squads react after just three days between games. Initially, I was thinking of backing a United win off the cuff. However, when I saw that Chris Wilder's side have won only 1 of their last 6 away games and only achieved victory in 4 of their last 15 league games overall then it's a tougher call. I still have huge doubts about Hull staying up. It's a toxic environment at that club right now and they may well just stay up simply because three teams are in even worse states. Birmingham, Sunderland, and Barnsley standing out there. Here, I'm going to back both teams to score and I will probably back an Asian Handicap in favour of United because I still think they are slight favourites.

BTTS @ 1.83 with Unibet

Sheffield United AH 0 @ 1.89 with Bet365

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, and @the bastardian, after some intense midweek action will any of you guys be betting on these games?

Hull City v Sheffield Utd

Hull City: Abel Hernández (3/3 f), Jarrod Bowen (30/12 f, top scorer)(both doubtful), Harry Wilson (2/1 m), Markus Henriksen (20/1 m), Ondrej Mazuch (9/0 d), Moses Odubajo (0/0 d), James Weir (3/0 m), Stephen Kingsley (6/0 d)

Sheffield Utd: Ricky Holmes (3/0 f), David Brooks (19/2 f), James Wilson (4/1 f)(all doubtful), Kieron Freeman (8/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Fulham team is on fire, at home they dont lose for about 4 months in Champinoship. I thought the odds would go in favour of Fulham, but they are in favour of the leaders Wolves. Can anyone help me here understanding this odds? i think Fulham will not lose.... but....

Edited by Pipoca

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Hull City conceded at least 1 goal in 73% of their home matches in Championship.
Hull City have drawn their last 4 home matches in Championship.
34% of Hull City's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Sheffield Utd conceded at least 1 goal in 93% of their away matches in Championship.
Sheffield Utd conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 11 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 73 Football Betting Streaks for 23.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-23-02-2018-8543

Hull City vs Sheffield Utd

23.02.2018  19:45 GMT

Prediction: Over 3.5 Asian Total Cards

Price: 4/5 (1.80)

This is very important match for boths teams. Hull is in danger for relegation, while Sheffield Utd is in battle for play-offs.

Hull is 2nd most booked home team and Sheffield got 1.8 avg card in their away matches. With that charge in the match I think the line of 3.5 card will be covered with ease, and the referee (Simon Hooper) will show min. 4 yellows .

Fulham vs Wolves

Without a shadow of a doubt, the most exciting game this weekend (except for the obvious Severnside Derby coming up on Sunday! :loon) is this match at Craven Cottage between 5th placed Fulham and league leaders Wolves. Two of the most impressive sides in the division this season going head-to-head.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Slavisa Jokanovic. I thought he was an excellent appointment by the Cottagers and even through their below par spell I was fully expectant of him dragging them back up to the high standards he demands. Nuno Espirito Santo has seen his side drop 4 points in their last two games. The panic button has not been pressed yet but if results go against them this weekend then their lead at the top could be cut to just 6 points by Sunday evening.

Fulham have taken 24 points from their last 10 league games. If they had enjoyed a better start to the season then they might even be rivalling Wolves for top spot. They have also not conceded at home for more than 300 minutes of league football. Their opponents have also averaged just 0.69 goals per game away from home.

I'm going to take a big punt here and back the low-scoring draw. I can only see a single goal nicking it either way if there is to be a winner. I just think both teams would take a draw here. Wolves know if they can win their home matches and take any points in their away games then they will go up as champions. Fulham know that any points taken off Wolves this season are points certainly gained more than expected.

Draw @ 3.50 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.91 with William Hill

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Sunderland conceded at least 1 goal in 88% of their home matches in Championship.
Middlesbrough have scored in 75% of their away matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have failed to win in their last 9 matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 home matches in Championship.
33% of Leeds Utd's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.

You can find interesting 90 Football Betting Streaks for 24.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-24-02-2018-8558

Cardiff vs Bristol City

This is one of those matches that can define a season. Today's Championship results could have been better but they were not bad for us at all. A win here will take us within 6 points of league leaders Wolves and 4 points clear of 3rd. A loss and we'd still be 1 point ahead of 3rd. It feels like a massive opportunity for us. No doubt, Bristol City will feel the same. A win for them and they will be 5 points ahead of 7th place giving their play-off hopes a huge boost.

The form of these two teams could hardly be more opposite. The Bluebirds are unbeaten in 7 league games with 5 wins and 2 draws from those matches. For the Robins, it's only 1 win in 12 competitive matches as their season that appeared to offer hope of automatic promotion is now in danger of drifting away.

Our home record is reasonably impressive this season. We have the 2nd best record at home in the division second only to Wolves. We've won 36 points at the Cardiff City Stadium in 16 games. A win tomorrow will give us the best home record in the division. However, City have an enviable away record losing just 3 of their 16 league matches on their travels.

We have managed to win 8 and draw 2 of the last 10 matches against City at home. Unfortunately, there is a chance we will be without our captain and, arguably, one of the players of the season for us so far, Sean Morrison. He was considered one of the main factors in our festive losing run. The defence just doesn't function the same without him. His absence was covered when Aron Gunnarsson was fit but he's still 2-3 weeks off a return. Callum Paterson missing is also a big loss.

There is a buzz around our club again after results have picked up. I'm hoping for a decent crowd tomorrow but we'll see. I fancy us to beat anyone right now. We lost the previous meeting at Ashton Gate 2-1 but decisions went against us. The quietly optimistic part of me fancies us to reverse that score-line tomorrow. This season is full of twist and turns yet though so it wouldn't surprise me if City held us to a draw or even stole a win. One thing I do fancy is for Kenneth Zohore to score after bagging his first in a while in midweek.

Anytime Scorer: Kenneth Zohore @ 3.50 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.91 with William Hill

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Championship Predictions > Feb 23rd - 25th