Racing Chat - Sunday Nov 19th

205 Fontwell

Shelford 9/2 Hills/Corals

Decent race at Fontwell and on current form Shelford is over priced at 9/2. I had him down for a 5/2 shot as the majority of his rivals either have poor runs to get over or are making a return after an absence. Shelford was a good 3rd at Market Rasen to Alcala and a repeat of that would just about do here.

3.00 chelt 

Chesterfield  99.10

Elgin   99.08 

Tigris river 99.07

Jenkins 99.04

Tough tough race ....lots in with chances and Jenkins is the potential improver and been well backed but this will be a hot race and his jumping will be pushed to the max by the horses rate above him so for a novice he's worth taking on with better value horses .....top 2 here have done nothing wrong ....they both come here on the back of very strong improving runs and look vastly overpriced at 16/1 and 20/1 ...ew bets

Chesterfield 5pts ew 20/1 pp

Elgin 5pts ew 14/1 pp

12 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

3.00 chelt 

Chesterfield  99.10

Elgin   99.08 

Tigris river 99.07

Jenkins 99.04

Tough tough race ....lots in with chances and Jenkins is the potential improver and been well backed but this will be a hot race and his jumping will be pushed to the max by the horses rate above him so for a novice he's worth taking on with better value horses .....top 2 here have done nothing wrong ....they both come here on the back of very strong improving runs and look vastly overpriced at 16/1 and 20/1 ...ew bets

Elgin 5pts ew 14/1 pp

Elgin is a mental price imo, even now he’s only generally into 12s 

fancy The New One to grab at least a place as well tbh with the ground how it is 

18 hours ago, BillyHills said:

205 Fontwell

Shelford 9/2 Hills/Corals

Decent race at Fontwell and on current form Shelford is over priced at 9/2. I had him down for a 5/2 shot as the majority of his rivals either have poor runs to get over or are making a return after an absence. Shelford was a good 3rd at Market Rasen to Alcala and a repeat of that would just about do here.

Thank you for the winning tip yesterday Billy in total agreement. I’m amazed that I’ve picked the same horse as you today. Was amazed at the 5/1 I got on Shelford. This horse is on a very good mark with the young lady taking 3 off. Ground is no concern! I’m on as well!

20 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

3.00 chelt 

Chesterfield  99.10

Elgin   99.08 

Tigris river 99.07

Jenkins 99.04

Elgin 5pts ew 14/1 pp

For some numpty reason i wrote 14 and id backed at 16 ....yes i agree it was ridiculous price give his ascot run ....who cares it won ...nice return on the day  and makes up fir yest lol

15 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

For some numpty reason i wrote 14 and id backed at 16 ....yes i agree it was ridiculous price give his ascot run ....who cares it won ...nice return on the day  and makes up fir yest lol

Well done again Richard, I was on Elgin too. Was also on London Prize which I backed last week at 14/1 - that one went off 9/2 joint favourite and was expecting a big run but sadly he had to be put down after a suffering a heavy fall 2 out. A good family friend knows the owner well and she is devastated to lose him as is Ian Williams. Cruel game at times.