** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UK Midweek > Mar 7th & 8th

champratings.jpg.ec1cd605b969c9663d85146

league1ratings.jpg.d49c5581bcb47ddfafcc0

league2ratings.jpg.b0e7092fde9a757c2b63a

A full Championship schedule this Tuesday night with a splattering of catch-up fixtures from League One, League Two, and the Scottish Championship.

@Kenton Schweppes, what next for Huddersfield after those two tough defeats last week. Can you bounce back to form with a win against a resurgent Aston Villa?

@Tiffy, a hard result for you to take against an inconsistent Nottingham Forest. Are the wheels coming off the promotion train? Surely, you will be expecting to grab all three points against Rotherham?

@rangers234, a good win for you lads against us on the weekend. I'm gutted we lost but not overly surprised. Reckon you can make it back-to-back home wins against Barnsley?

@canaries91, you must be gutted after that hammering at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday. It looked like you lads had tightened things up and were getting a playoff push back on track but now it looks up in the air. You need to win against Bristol City here but do you think you can do it?

Personally, I'm looking at the Cardiff game and thinking Warnock will want us to bounce straight back after last weekend's defeat. Blackburn will be a tough game but I will be very disappointed if we don't come away with at least a point. We should really go for the win.

Interested to hear the tips of @allyhibs, @skyblues88, @dogmeister, @Icongene, @harry_rag, @Tanktop, @allthethings, @DW_United, @sammydubs, @MuineBheag, @salmonman, and @betcatalog whose views have all become crucial around here recently.

Think Scunthorpe are too big at 2.80, even though they are in bad form id still have them as favourites to beat an even more out of form Charlton side, at least Scunthorpe have been losing/drawing to some top teams in the division unlike Charlton losing to poorer teams, they were also unlucky against Fleetwood, the most in form team in the division by far, having a goal being wrongly disallowed for offside at 0-1 and putting in a much improved performance, they will be desperate to win and get back in the automatic promotion places.

It takes brave man to back Scunny. They have been HOPELESS for a while now.

BTTS in this match is what im looking at as it's battle of two woefully out of form teams. What was the theory again. Classic with goals! :)

Edited by Icongene

9 hours ago, Icongene said:

It takes brave man to back Scunny. They have been HOPELESS for a while now.

BTTS in this match is what im looking at as it's battle of two woefully out of form teams. What was the theory again. Classic with goals! :)

My football team mate is a Scunthorpe fan and his dad is on the board of directors. They were very surprised at the start they had and there is now a feeling their form is balancing things out. This resignation is probably contributing to a lack of a turnaround in form. They haven't won since 28th January and are in danger of not only falling off the promotion pace but dropping out of the play-off spots if it continues. Totally agree, stay clear until the ship is steadied.

fulham and leeds seems like a match where both could find the back of the net but ending in a draw. it's a match where neither side will want to drop any points

i got to back aston villa while huddersfield are down and aston villa on the rise. i expect huddersfield to hold a lot of the ball possession but tiredness will eventually catch up with them due to playing third match in six days.

sheff wed looks like an easy banker but i am not too sure. i expect them to be motivated because another three points for them will put them in commanding positions in play offs positions but burton have been very tight at the back and have kept to clean sheets in last three games. can they do sheff wed on counter attack. it may be worth a punt

sheff utd seem like another good pick and should be beating oxford who won't fancy playing them considering they didn't even get on the scoresheet after their midweek cup game. this match is coming around too soon for them and i can't see them scoring here either

Portsmouth @ 1.75   

Now or...never for the pompey.They dropped stupid 4 points at home in ,what should have been easy games,now they need to look for them in the away clash.Lucky for them their form this year is much better,when playing away from Fratton Park.Crawley is playing okay lately,they are in  classic "wish it was may already" situation.They wont go down and they have not enough points to catch up with the playoff places.

Like im saying,its do or die so im expecting guests to be fireing on all cylinders from the first whistle.

Edited by MuineBheag

Yes @StevieDay1983 it's bloody awful, still at least Huddersfield go thrashed by the Geordies too!

The wheels will need to get back on the bus sharpish, so expect some changes on Tuesday. I'll keep an eye out for news & post if I see anything. Murray has been useless since he signed permanently for us, so hopefully Hemed will start with Baldock. He made a big difference when he came on against Forest. We are also having trouble at left back again, I'd give my right arm for Wayne Bridge to come out of retirement and get back to us. He is just what we need right now.

Barnsley look massive to me for a few reasons, one being they're a distance ahead of QPR in the ELOs. 

They're a good side and all their defeats recently have come against decent sides. It seems to me that playing (a) from home since they sold 2 influential players is what the team prefers. 

Barnsley (a) record in 2017 - P7 W3 D2 L2. They don't lose many and despite QPRs recent form I think they can be got at here.

Barnsley DnB at 2.50 looks good.

Also Newcastle to beat Reading is something I'd consider at 2.05 or thereabouts. They've beaten both Brighton and Huddersfield (a) recently and Reading just aren't as good.

EDIT: Sheff Utd are a team that seem to get CONTINUALLY overrated. Their form is really bad and they are an ACCA killer of late. 1 win in 4. 3 wins in 9. That's mid-table form.

@StevieDay1983 Hartlepool 3-1 Exeter - Hope you backed it ;)

Edited by Icongene

Charlton Athletic v Scunthorpe Utd

Charlton Athletic: Lewis Page (6/0 d), Patrick Bauer (28/3 d, illness)(both doubtful), Jake Forster-Caskey (6/0 m), Jason Pearce (17/0 d), Harry Lennon (2/0 d), Ahmed Kashi (0/0 m), Roger Johnson (2/0 d)

Scunthorpe Utd: Sam Mantom (21/1 m)

Crawley Town v Portsmouth

Crawley Town: Andre Blackman (23/0 d, probably in), Jordan Roberts (18/2 m), Matt Harrold (6/0 f)(both doubtful), Addison Garnett (2/0 d)

Portsmouth: Amine Linganzi (18/1 m, doubtful), Curtis Main (12/2 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

@Tiffy Just looking over some stats tonight and think there might be some money to be made on the corners in the QPR/Barnsley. QPR have the 5th highest corner count at (h) in the division. Barnsley on the other hand, have the 2nd lowest corner count in the division. QPR give up a fair few at home too but Barnsley sit deep and are compact so I can't see them going heavy into the corner count. Seeing around 1.90 for QPR -1.

Edited by Icongene

I agree that H2H is not such a thing to make you take bet without thinking, but 10-1-0 is surelly interesting fact when you take this tip in consideration for betting...

Lately flashscore insert info 'will not play' and 'probably will not play', I took that like 100% sure info and so many times was totaly false...today Huddersfield-Aston Vila, by them Villa will have so many important missings, but I would like someone here to confirm that...

Screenshot_2017-03-07-11-16-38-1.thumb.p

11 players?! If this is true info than home win have excelent value, 1.95 current odd... Villa cant go up, but neither down, and Huddersfiled with excelent home form can even hope for direct promotion, as they are 6pts below second place, but also have 1 match less... i want to hear you about those injuries?

17 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Do you fancy an unders game in your match against Blackburn @StevieDay1983?

I honestly could not tell you. The optimistic side of me thinks we could win 3-1 or 3-2. We are finding the net more now. We have scored 14 goals in our last 5 games. However, Blackburn have kept two consecutive clean sheets in their last two games and have only conceded one goal in their last three. I think a 1-1 draw is more than realistic or even a narrow 1-0 win for either side. I would say if I was forced to bet on that market I would go for the under 2.5 option. Personally, I'd advise to steer clear though. BTTS might be a better option but even that is a tough call.

Championship:

Ipswich have drawn their last 4 games in Championship.
Ipswich have drawn their last 4 games against Wolves in all competitions.
Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. have lost their last 5 games in Championship.
Burton have drawn their last 3 games in Championship.
Fulham have drawn their last 3 games against Leeds in all competitions.
Fulham have won their last 4 home games in Championship.
Blackburn have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 home games in Championship.
Aston Villa have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 games in Championship.
Newcastle are undefeated in their last 10 games in Championship.
Rotherham have failed to win their last 9 games in Championship.
Queens Park Rangers F.C. are undefeated in their last 10 home games against Barnsley in all competitions.

Interesting 30 Football Betting Streaks for 07.03.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-07-03-2017

9 hours ago, Icongene said:

@Tiffy Just looking over some stats tonight and think there might be some money to be made on the corners in the QPR/Barnsley. QPR have the 5th highest corner count at (h) in the division. Barnsley on the other hand, have the 2nd lowest corner count in the division. QPR give up a fair few at home too but Barnsley sit deep and are compact so I can't see them going heavy into the corner count. Seeing around 1.90 for QPR -1.

You're not jumping on my "corners" bandwagon are you @Icongene, haha

Yes, think you could be onto something good here. I have done some research.

In Queer Pikey Rovers last 6 home games they have drawn the corner count 32-32, so nothing really to split the teams.

In Barnsley's last 6 away, they have lost the count 49-21, averaging 3.5 corners per game against the home sides average of  8.1. Even QPR home average is 5.3

i think that they will be set up defensively, and Holloway will have his team pushing forward as they are at home. 

I can't find any corner markets on B365 or BF other than overs/unders? Where did you find your 1.9?

The other game I really like, especially as I just seen both teams play, is Reading V Newcastle.

In their last 6 away games, NEW lead the corner count 27-32, having the most corners in 3/6 games 

In REA last 6 home games, they have lost the count 29-37, averaging just 4.8 corners per game.

They have had the most corners in 1/6 (16%) of their last 6 home matches.

I'd expect NEW to go all out for the win tonight & to get it, playing attacking football, compared to Readings possession based style of play.

Just nee to find some prices now!, any help appreciated

Edited by Tiffy

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I honestly could not tell you. The optimistic side of me thinks we could win 3-1 or 3-2. We are finding the net more now. We have scored 14 goals in our last 5 games. However, Blackburn have kept two consecutive clean sheets in their last two games and have only conceded one goal in their last three. I think a 1-1 draw is more than realistic or even a narrow 1-0 win for either side. I would say if I was forced to bet on that market I would go for the under 2.5 option. Personally, I'd advise to steer clear though. BTTS might be a better option but even that is a tough call.

Thanks @StevieDay1983, I'll ponder on it!

@Tiffy I was seeing those odds on William Hill but they are sat around 1.8 for QPR -1 corners.

Like the Reading shout too.

I used to bet on corner and card specials all the time; they did me superbly at 2 World Cups but been off them for ages. Maybe you awoke the beast :D

BLACKBURN V CARDIFF

Blackburn have surprised me under Mowbray so far. Didn't see him having much of an impact at all but he's steadied a shitty ship. They've also interestingly scored in their last 14 matches in all competitions. Cardiff are bang in form and can't stop scoring (scored in 7 of the last 9) and I'm pretty confident both teams will concede here.

Bet: BTTS at 1.91

Edited by Icongene

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

@StevieDay1983

Any pointers for a bookie offering decent corner markets?

BF & 365 only have a limited selection based on the total corners. I really a CORNERS match bet/team handicap?

Ta Muchly

Hmm, I'm not too sure. I was going to suggest Betfair because they offer markets on corners in each half and for each team. Betway, Bwin, and 888Sport could also be worth a try. I think if you want a really specific bet then it could be worth contacting the bookie directly if nobody else has any recommendations. They might give you odds on a particular outcome because it's an interesting bet.

Thanks @StevieDay1983, I have taken @Icongene's advice & opened up at William Hill.

Got a £30 free bet for £10

They are offering a great selection on corner markets, so my selections are

REA V NEW

NEW most 1st half corners 2.05

NEW most corners 1.8

NEW/NEW double corner result 3.2

NEW -1 AH corners 2.25

QPR V BAR

QPR -1 AH corners 2.25

I have been betting on Villa 3 games in a row now and hasn't been disappointed. But this time I will stay away. Huddersfield is on a completely different level than previous competition and stong at home. I will make a late decision about a bet on Huddersfield but 2.0 is not the odds I was hoping for. 

My best pick today is probably over 2,5 in Nottingham - Brentford at 1,8.  These are two offensive minded teams and both score and concede lots of goals. Nottingham need a win to stay clear of relegation zone and Brentford don't have much to lose. 

I will also try a double on Brighton och Sheffield (2,41). I think both teams are a level or two above their opponent and have a lot of motivation to win. Brighton should win easily and Sheffield 1-0, 2-0.

Better return at the weekend when the massive price of 9/4 cashed in on Stirling, reimbursing all my other calls,

So i have a decent value shout tonight and its Berwick 17/10 to beat Clyde

The books have this marked wrong imo there is absolutely no danger Clyde should be 6/4 favs in this tie.  their last 10 away games in the league read W0 D3 L7 , Berwick in comparison have a record of 3W 3D 4L in their last 10 games at home. They got beat 1-0 at the weekend by on form Elgin City   but have credible recent results at home drawing with inform Stirling, beating the runaway leader Forfar 3-2 and thrashing Annan 4-1. These are all teams above them in the table. Clyde in comparison are terrible travellers and now they have one of the furthest away games to go to in Berwick, a miserable cold midweek game.

I fancy my chances and reckon Berwick will be up for this and will inflict more hurt on the rudderless Clyde kids.