** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Competition - Monday August 15th

4.30 Chelmsford

Verne Castle 13/8 Bet365

I backed this one last week at Salisbury and he finished a decent 3rd in a 5f handicap behind Pine Ridge. That is very solid form and he showed plenty of early pace to grab a good position throughout. That speed will be crucial here on this surface and i expect him to finally get off the mark after some frustrating efforts in handicaps. On bare figures he has the highest rating and the yard continue in good form.

2,15 Thirsk - Aegean Secret - ew at 50/1 bog bet365

2yo maiden

Newcomer from Kevin Ryan's yard. He does get occasional first time out winners and they're often at the Yorkshire tracks which are near his yard

As usual when picking outsiders in these kind of races you're looking at some of the market leaders being disappointing. .........together with a bit of hustle and bustle with lightly raced 2yo and a few hard luck stories

4.15 Thirsk: New Signal @ 5/1 Coral

I feel the two horses ahead of the market are very much beatable, New Signal though is a very interesting newcomer, cost a bit of money and David O'Meara has a good record with maidens here, can get them ready first time out too.