** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Competition, Saturday 4th June 2016

Epsom 3.45 : Maljaa @ 9/1 William hill e/w thanks

Maljaa.....from Roger Varian yard the 4yo has been in frame in all ten races he's ran with Four wins , five 2nds and one 3rd place finish , He's won on conditions from Good to Firm through to Soft ,

His last run was at Chester 5f good where he was joint fav with winner Sir Maximilian who won by 4 lengths to Maljaa in 2nd place with Paul Hanagan in saddle who 's been on board five times with one win and four 2nds ,

Maljaa is still running off 107 mark again and blinkers on with Paul Hanagan keeping the ride, Maljaa should be raring to go with a 31 day break

4.30 Epsom - Wings Of Desire @ 6/1 William Hill

Wings Of Desire looked to have won the best of the trials for the Derby despite still looking green. He hit the track for the first time under 2 months ago and looks seriously progressive so I can see him taking a massive step forward from the Dante. I can't see how Deauville reverses the form with such a progressive type, US Army Ranger needs to improve a ton from his Chester outing and Ulysses looks very short on what he's done on the track so Wings Of Desire looks very much the value. I backed Shogun before the Derrinstown as I feel he's going to improve massively over this trip but I also think he needs quick ground so the recent rain may have put pay to his chances.

4.30 Epsom: US Army Ranger @ 13/2 Bet365

Totally unexposed, potentially with a bit of magic in him, AOB is always speaking about there is something special about this lad. Whether he can show it today or inexperience finds him out, we'll see. I like what I saw on his debut and rate his Chester run much higher than many seem to do. 

Donc 5.10 - Lyfka - win at 9/2 bog Ladbrokes

Trappy little fillies handicap over 7F

Most of these can be given a chance but I'm going with the only last time out winner in the field. This is a better race than the one she won at Brighton but she wore the first time tongue tie that day which is retained and might help her improve, Acts on god to firm and has sprinters speed which might come in handy at the finish in this small field. Only up 2lbs for her Brighton win

Current favourite Mothers Finest generally runs in better races but generally gets well beat.......you'd have to worry that her mark is too high being based on finishing around 5th in a few Listed races.

Moon River looks nicely weighted on a stone lower than her AW mark but all her wins have been on the AW, the last 4 at Southwell and you wonder how well she goes on g/f turf. Ran well last time though on turf so should be thereabouts

Breakable is a bit in and out but could win this on a going day as two runs ago at York, Can also make the running