Monthly Nap Competition ~ Sunday 8th May

4.15 LUDLOW

Surf and Turf @ 14/1 Betvictor

Only two runs since October came at the Cheltenham and Aintree festivals where he was well beaten but should find this a much easier task.  The last time he ran in this level he won off 5lb higher than today.  Seven of this horses eight wins have come between April and June, the other was in August so fast ground is essential.  He has won or been placed in over half his runs on Good or faster and has won or been placed in all 6 runs in class 3 events.

1.55 Leop - Magnification - ew at 66/1 bog wm hill

big field 2yo maiden with all the top yards represented

I'm going for one of the outsiders who is speedily bred by a sire that I once had a really good win on (I think it was Royal Ascot ?)......Equiano

Trainer is not one of the big boys but does have a 22% strike rate with 2yo at Leopardstown from 9 runners.......which suggests to me that he only sends them to the big tracks when they have a chance

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

1.55 Leop - Magnification - ew at 66/1 bog wm hill

non runner

go with this one......

Lud 2.30 - Royalraise - win at 9/4 bog wm hill

novices handicap chase

my selection had been running well until encountering soft ground at Towcester last time

Given a few weeks to recover from that slog and the return to better ground and a flat track should suit

Appears to go best right handed and a previous 2nd in a handicap off this mark suggests it's not beyond him

Ludlow 4.15 Noche De Reyes (11/4 b365)

Has an incredible record here at Ludlow with his 5 runs resulting in 3 wins and a second. The only time he failed to show, he made a bad mistake at the 1st and was pulled up before the 2nd, so technically he didn't really have a race that day

Ludlow 4:45 Redmond @  28/1 William Hill e/w thanks

Redmond......from Miss V Williams yard the 6yo not lived up to his P2P career having two wins and 3 place finishes as the two runs for Venetia has saw him PU both over 2m 4f but his P2P runs where mainly on good and one Yeilding with better conditions today I can see a big run out of him