** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Competition, Tuesday 8th March 2016

2.20 - Southwell - Stand Guard - 16/1 - BetVic BOG

Stand Guard has been a prolific winner in his time and looks interesting now. Was beaten 10 lengths last time out but that was his first appearance for around 20 months. If he still retains some ability then a mark of 68 which he runs off today could look very generous given that he last won off a mark of 85.

200 Exeter: Thundering Home 9/2 bet365/Skybet

I likeable grey who always gives his best but after winning last January his year went downhill. Its took over 12 months to start looking like a winner again and the last twice i have seen glimmers of his old form. The handicapper has been kind and dropped him from 125 to 106 and if he cant take his mark today then maybe we have another problem. The young jockey has had 5 winners and rode the horse the last twice so i have no excuses on that score.

4.20 Newc - De Vous a Moi - win at 2/1 bog bet365

Class 3 handicap chase over 20F

This race revolves around the current favourite, Caraline, who has been very progressive and won her last 4 races. She handicap hurdle off 74 and a handicap chase off 80 at the end of last year and races off 121 today. Given that she only won by a neck last time and has gone up another 8lb then there must be a chance that the handicapper has caught up with her. if she's carried on progreesing at the same rate she might have improved 8lbs since she was last seen a coule of months ago

My selection definitely looks to be OK in the weights having gone up just 3lbs for a 6 length win last time. He's had a good year with 3 wins and 2 seconds in is 5 runs since last February and still appears to be on the upgrade.