Monthly Naps Comp, ''Sunday'' 14th Feb - 2016

2.10 Exe - Bound Hill - EW at 50/1 bog wm hill

Novice hurdle, heavy ground, 18.5 furlongs

Only 3 appear to be fancied here so it might be worth taking an EW chance on one of the outsiders

My selection ran OK on hurdles debut last time. Although well beaten he stuck to his task and ran on at the finish. The trip that day looked a bit sharp for him and he should be suited by this stamina test, a testing track, a couple of extra furlongs, heavier ground

Of the 3 fancied ones.....

Brelan D'as makes his British debut and carries a penalty for winning a race in France about 4 months ago. He looks pretty good but Nicholls runners can need a run after a break and we don't know how he's settled in, if he'll act on heavy ground

Rolling Dylan was just beaten on the nod last time so is almost a winner without a penalty. But he was hard driven on heavy ground and that could have taken a toll on him. Had 4 weeks to recover

Overturn Express was going Ok when he fell 2 out in a race won by Yanworth, the hottest novice hurdler in the UK. However he was begiining to tire when he fell so I'm not sure this stiffer test of stamina will suit, though he could be the class horse in the field

I'm hoping 2 or 3 of them flop leaving places for my horse to run in to !

340 Exeter: Midnight Prayer 15/8 BetvIc, 888Sport

Ran a cracker at Warwick in the Classic Chase to finish second and at one time looked the winner. He has proved he goes in the ground and as long as that race hasn't left its mark je should be good enough today. Has the bonus of Richard Johnson in the saddle and he's a fair price i think.

3.00 Navan - Prince Of Scars @ 5/4 Paddy Power

One of the most impressive winners at the Leopardstown Christmas festival giving Alpha Des Obeaux who bolted up on his next start quite a beating. Strangely Cooper goes for Dedigout who needed the run last year off a break and has beaten less while also being far more exposed than Prince Of Scars. The drop in trip should be no issue because he travels well through his races and conditions will be really testing anyway in this ground at a stiff track like Navan.