Monthly Naps Comp Thursday 7th Jan

1:35 Towcester Bishop Wulstan @ 12/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Bishop Wulstan....from Peter Bowen yard the 5yo only came to yard in September 2015 was previously with Harry Whittingham for a year but started its career as a Hannon horse on flat , He's been successful in two hurdle races at 2m on good and soft ground in the 12 races he's had over hurdles but has only had the 4 runs for the Bowen yard with his best success being in last race 24 days ago at Ffos las 2m heavy when finishing 3rd , He was headed approaching last where slightly hampered and was one pace in run in with Sean Bowen in saddle off 108 a rating it goes off today with yard reverting back to blinkers on horse

• BillyHills changed the title to Monthly Naps Comp Thursday 7th Jan

235 Towcester: Pulling Power 11/10 bet365

Struggling to find anything suitable on this terrible ground but Kim Bailey has his string in cracking form and hopefully Pulling Power will prove good enough in a very ordinary race. Placed in 2 bumpers before running well at Cheltenham behind the very useful Copper Kay, that form translates well here on its own but she ran a very encouraging debut over hurdles at Ludlow which gives her even more of a favourites chance.

Second to Rene's Girl on soft ground ruining her chance with a bad blunder 3 out, that was over a longer trip which in time she will need but on this course on this ground the 2 mile trip will be far enough. Happy Diva has been well backed but although Kerry Lee is going well one or two of hers have disappointed lately and i'm happy to take her on.

1.35 Towc - Dardanella - EW at 50/1 bet365

Handicap hurdle over 2 miles

Should be a right slog in the heavy ground on this very stiff tracks. I think a lot of these might be crying 'enough' in the home straight

My horse has won here before, He was well beaten last time out at Lingfield but that might be slightly deceptive as the progressive winner that day was 20-odd clear of everything else. That run was on Heavy and my horse appeared to cope

He also has bottom weight today and overall has a decent record with 10 first 3 finishes from 19 runs

He's the outsider of the field but I don't think he'll finish last !

7.10 Chelmsford - Crystal Malt - 9/2 - Hill

Won 2 starts ago at Lingfield off 71 and races off just 1lb higher here today. Was disappointing last time but wasn't given and great ride in my opinion and was poorly positioned. Mainly races in C3 and C4 company and his record in C5 races is 3261242 so I think the drop in grade could see her go in here.