Monthly Naps Comp, ''SUNDAY'' 8th Nov 2015

Navan 2:15 : The Herds Garden @ 14/1 betvictor e/w thanks

The Herds Garden.....from Noel Meade yard the 6yo been a winner of a hurdle race at 2m on good ground and two 2nd place finishes in 8 hurdle races to date, His last race was a chase at Galway over 2m 2f (good) Beginners Chase .in July a 103 days ago when beaten by 9 lengths was with leaders till turning into straight at Galway and was one pace after that , He comes back over hurdles and down a 1lb for his last running mark to 115 over hurdles with Jonathan Moore getting ride for first time and takes 7lb off his back which sees him running off 108,"

2.50 Navan - Twinlight @ 10/3 BetVictor

Special Tiara is the best horse in the field but will want quick ground which is unlikely with some heavy rain expected tomorrow. Twinlight often throws in the odd shocker but he won this pretty convincingly last year and seems to be best when fresh winning first time out the previous two seasons. He'll relish the softening ground, is the best of the rest of these on form and can beat Special Tiara with conditions in his favour.

Just the one sole runner from trainer Nick Gifford's yard, he's not exactly been in good form but with no spotlight on him or pressure a small chance is take on his 5yr old French import, the Big Boy yard prices are not for me and it would be no surprise if Mr Gifford's Chestnut Gelding gave a few of them a fright.

At this early stage of the season anything can happen and his price looks worth a wee go, jockey Tom Cannon only has the two rides this being one of them, he's not exactly been in any form also but i like that at times, it can bring out some hunger.

4:05 Sandown - Arroyeau.  1pt Win Bet @ Carpet 33/1 Bet365 and most other firms. 

1315 sandown

1pt win golden doyen 11/8 willy hills

this trainer jockey combo are on fire, and i hope this is ther best chance today, small field, but a clear round should see my guy home, its only his 2nd run over fences,

placed last time out,he should progress

335 Sandown: Aachen 7/2 Skybet

Aachen looks interesting here for a yard bang in form. He has won twice in heavy ground plus one or two others in soft going so will enjoy the conditions today unlike some. Has won fresh before so i'm not worried about his absence and looks fairly handicapped. He won at Donny last Feb off 121 in a slightly better race than this and probably has Roalco Des Farges to worry about although that horse ran below par last time out so has something to prove.

Archive 1.10 Navan   9/1 Bet365

Looks a bit overpriced a winner at leopardstown in a bumper  on yielding also went to aintree and ran 5th ran at Punchestown in hurdle and finished fourth despite a few dodgy jumps the form of this race holds up well 2nd 3rd 5th and 6th all winning since.

Edited by Soi Bongkot

Ffos 2.05 - Capilla - win at 9/2 bog wm hill

Two mile handicap chase on heavy going

I think the current favourite here, Bobble Boru, is well worth taking on..............she's a Mare and reportedly quite small so saddled with top weight on heavy ground, although she does appear to act on heavy. Her two hurdle wins came in Mares only races and she also seems best going RH. I have a feeling she won't get round

A couple of these others are not sure to be suited by heavy ground - Gowanauthat and Flash Crash. The latter is Flat bred and was a bit of an iffy jumper over hurdles so fences might be a problem

Humbel Ben is a veteran now but is well handicapped on his winning form from a year ago. He has some positives as well, has won at the track and although maybe better over further the heavy ground might make 2 miles a good trip for him. What's putting me off is that he tends to run best after a break these days and has already had two runs this season. Could well finish in the first two..............hopefully 2nd !

This trip looks too short for Magical Man even on heavy ground

Which leaves my selection...............he has won here on heavy ground (bumper) and although he didn't do much over hurdles he did run his best hurdle race here as well. Has had one outing in a chase where he pulled up, but it was a much better race than this. The yard have had a few winners recently, several of which have been on seasonal debut. My horse has arguably run his best 2 races on seasonal debuts so today could be the day to catch him