Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Guys I was out for work during the afternoon, had anybody watched the 4.40 BEV? What happened to Alkadi? I just saw the distance: 48 lenghts from the winner in a 1m 100y race!
Here is the race fella. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/25-09-2012/beverley/result/525898/emilie-will-you-marry-nidge-handicap/video

what an absolute travesty it will be if Danedream is not allowed to run in the Arc! Not only because I have backed her ante-post but because she has a cracking chance of winning it
Absolutely devastating. Can't believe that. Won't watch the Arc if she won't compete. Just too disappointing for me. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/9580166/Danedreams-bid-for-back-to-back-wins-in-Prix-de-lArc-de-Triomphe-ended-by-outbreak-of-rare-blood-disorder.html

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I made Danedream favourite...................she's the best 12 furlong horse in Europe I was probably going to look for one of the bigger price ones EW as I don't like backing favourites in these top races. Obviously Danedream coming out might shorten the odds on any I might go for but it looks like Camelot might run. i don't think he's got any chance but he'll push the prices back out on the EW shots ! Actually...............of course Camelot has got a chance but I don't think he'll win

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I was lucky enough to back Danedream last year. Awful pity she is not running again this year. Can't understand why Orfevre is favourite. Is up against much stringer opposition here Sunday, only beat 4 horses last time out in that trial. Don't fancy Nathaniel or Shareta. I think Camelot has to have a massive chance, but undecided what to back yet.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread same here got a race card up then went to click on the horse to look at the form and nothing, DNS error what ever that is :wall just had afew days break from horse racing, looks like i'll have another 1:eyes

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread ll quick question.Looking at the 5.40 kempton ROYAL ENVOY.its listed as C&D winner.Is this a mistake as its never run over 5f at the track.Or does C&D winner mean its won at the course,but has won elsewhere over 5f,i always thought C&D mean it won at the course over the distance of the race its running in?? confused.com

ll quick question.Looking at the 5.40 kempton ROYAL ENVOY.its listed as C&D winner.Is this a mistake as its never run over 5f at the track.Or does C&D winner mean its won at the course' date='but has won elsewhere over 5f,i always thought C&D mean it won at the course over the distance of the race its running in?? confused.com[/quote'] That's a mistake. It has won 6 times at the track, 5 times over 6f and once over 7f.

ll quick question.Looking at the 5.40 kempton ROYAL ENVOY.its listed as C&D winner.Is this a mistake as its never run over 5f at the track.Or does C&D winner mean its won at the course' date='but has won elsewhere over 5f,i always thought C&D mean it won at the course over the distance of the race its running in?? confused.com[/quote'] It has won at the course, and over the distance but the 5f win was at Thirsk.

So its a mistake then? Thanks all.
Well i'm not sure where your looking but when a horse has won at a course, and at the distance but not at that course like Royal Envoy they put the C D with a little gap in between. If your looking at Racing Post or ATR you will see what i mean

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Not read the thread, apologies if it's already been mentioned. I have heard that there is some sort of serious virus broken out in Germany. German trained horses will be stopped from travelling outside the country, so if you fancy one for the Arc, or any other race on the card, or elsewhere, save your money. The word is that any horse who contracts this virus will be put down. Don't shoot the messenger.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Surly it'll be SNA. He wont ride Camelot due to low weight he would have to make for the race but he usually rides SNA so I suppose chances are very high that he'll sit on SNA in the Arc. Much more interesting question for me is: Who would ride Camelot? Anyone heard a name already? Would love to see Seamie Heffernan getting the chance but doubt he gets this ride.

Surly it'll be SNA. He wont ride Camelot due to low weight he would have to make for the race but he usually rides SNA so I suppose chances are very high that he'll sit on SNA in the Arc. Much more interesting question for me is: Who would ride Camelot? Anyone heard a name already? Would love to see Seamie Heffernan getting the chance but doubt he gets this ride.
Frankie maybe? he's itching for a spare ride in it-stranger things have happened!

Frankie maybe? he's itching for a spare ride in it-stranger things have happened!
Frankie got a boll-ocking for winning the St Ledger on Coolmores Scorpion a few years back when the Coolmore / Maktoum war still burning strong. Would love to see multiple Group 1 winning jockey Seamie Heffernan get a chance. Now young Joseph has been kicked off , Camelot looks more of a betting proposition regardless of who is riding.