Monthly Naps Comp, Tuesday 13th Oct 2015

A few of the big camps send out runners in this 3m 1f hurdle but I'm siding with a lesser known yard, a fit horse is what's required for a stayers race like this and this big 9yr old might just catch a few of them out for sheer fitness.

Trainer John Upson has a good record with 18 runs taking home 4 wins, his horses are always fit for racing and his gelding by Craigsteel looks worth a go at the showing price, YIPP only one sole victory from 10 starts but has shown some grit in past events and with a clear round might give some of the more fancied runners from bigger yards a race.

It's Mr Upson's sole runner of the day and his jockey Conor Ring also makes the journey for this one sole ride, he also take off a very valuable 5lb, that alone could make all the difference when questions start to get asked.

16:10 Huntingdon - Steel Gold.  0.5 E/w Bet @ 16/1 Skybet and the major high street 3 etc

Smalljohn - Musselburgh

14/1 with Sky Bet

Bryan Smart's 9 y.o. has won 13 times in 77 races with the majority over today's distance (7 furlongs). Whilst 8 wins have been on the all weather at Wolverhampton the gelding has won over course and distance at Musselburgh. In May was only beaten by a head over course and distance. Last run at Carlisle in July was only beaten in a 7 furlong class 5 handicap by 4 lengths. Down 1 lb in the handicap and back to a class 6 handicap with jockey Adam Carter taking 3 lbs of its back a good run is expected.

3.20 Leicester

Russian Realm win 7/1 Coral

This looks to be wide open and plenty have chances. I am siding with Russian Realm who despite a poor run at York last time had won at Thirsk two runs a go on good/soft. Looks as though conditions will suit and has a good strike rate in field size of 6-10 runners.

Muss 2.30 - Sunnyside Bob - win at 7/2 bog bet365

2yo maiden over 5f

I think the current favourite here, Rose Mamara,  is a bit of a false favourite and can be taken on. She's only run twice -  was well beaten on debut but her market position is based on her 2nd last time out. But that didn't look much of a race and the first and third have been well beaten since.

My selection has been running in much better races.....class 3 and class 2 events. Appeared ill at ease on soft ground last time so should be suited by the better ground today. Has run over 6F and his best effort was over a stiff 5 at Beverley so it's possible this might be a bit sharp but I'm thinking he's better class than these and could negate the speed test by making all

210 Huntingdon: Spa's Dancer 4/1 bet365/Skybet

I like to follow James Eustace at flat, speedy tracks like Huntingdon and he looks to have lined Spa's Dancer up nicely for his first run in a handicap. Had his third start over hurdles last month and was 3rd at Warwick, every chance until weakening over the last. No doubts he does have stamina worries but that third was a fair effort and his opening mark of 112 is workable on decent ground at a sharp circuit. All in all today looks a good opportunity and just for good measure wears a hood for the first time to try and settle him early doors so he gets home.

4.50 Leicester  DIGI  looks to have a decent chance today now handicapping.  I'm willing to ignore previous runs and the horse should be much more suited to today's race make up and Tom Queally booked to ride, his only mount before shooting off to Wolverhampton for a couple.  Should show improved form today and therefore go close in such a race.

1pt win 12/1 Bet365 BOG

Nomenkletura 15.00 Musselburgh  3/1 bet victor

A low grade affair with many of the runners unlikely to win over the distance or stable out of form, i narrow it down to three and im going for the Mark Johnston horse who may have a bit more scope,Ghostly Arc opposes again but hopefully Nomenkletura can confirm its previous run

Leicester 5.20 Sakhalin Star @ 25/1 Skybet  e/w thanks

Sakhalin Star...from Richard Guest yard the 4yo needs a bit of cut in ground and got it today ,He's been successful at 7f and 1m on good to soft and heavy ground and although up in weight since that Hamilton win three race back the yard will have worked on him with the extra weight, on stamina and speed work would expect him sterting to find the frame again soon "

H4.10 Orsm e/w 66/1 Labrokes

Rather bizarrely, this horses only win to date was over this unusual trip of 3 miles and 1 furlong. That win was off a mark of 85 last year and it since went up in the handicap but the handicapper has relented a little here with the horse now racing off 90. The horse hasn't show an awful lot since that win and I've been looking for reasons why and it's interesting that that win was the only time the horse has carried less than 11 stone (10-11). So if the horse physically struggles to carry big weights, then maybe the 10-6 here might just see the horse put in a better effort. New jockey tried today as well so might run better than the current 66/1 quote. 

15.40 huntingdon - vinnie the fish 7/1 coral

Dunne has a high average SP for his wins. Vinnie the fish has the second best average prize money per race from the field and has won on longer trip. Although has only one win in 13 runs and that exception was under Mccoy, I think he can get his second win today.

7.40 Wolverhampton

Incurs Four Faults catches my eye in this race, there is a serious lack of pace and front runners in this field and that could be of benefit to Incur Four Faults, has been in good form recenty mainly on the northern circuit since the hood has been fitted. Ran as good as ever last time out at Chelmsford he has dropped 8lb below last winning mark and with the potential for him getting his own way in front could go well.

1pt win Incurs Four Faults 4/1 PP

Winners so far:clap

Woodys Way EW 20/1

Bluemal 3rd 20/1

Cairnhill Diamond 2nd 11/2

To run

7.40 Wolverhampton

Incurs Four Faults catches my eye in this race, there is a serious lack of pace and front runners in this field and that could be of benefit to Incur Four Faults, has been in good form recenty mainly on the northern circuit since the hood has been fitted. Ran as good as ever last time out at Chelmsford he has dropped 8lb below last winning mark and with the potential for him getting his own way in front could go well.

1pt win Incurs Four Faults 4/1 PP

7:10 Wolverhampton, Zzoro, 1.73 at Betway