** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May

7:00 Sandown - Sleep Easy (12/1 Paddy Power) 1pt Win Very similar profile last season to the same connections Arab Dawn, that one improved massively when stepped up in trip as a 3yo and I fancy this one can do the same this season. Was a bit disappointing on his reappearance on the polytrack but may not have been suited by the surface or the small field and may have also needed the outing. Takes another step up in trip tomorrow and switches back to the turf with Hanagan taking over from Jimmy Fortune - all positives in my opinion. Hughie Morrison had a very well backed winner (Atalan) who had also disappointed on his seasonal debut but left that form behind on his second run. Yard also won this with a similar sort (Vent De Force) last season.

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May Sandown 7:35 I fancy Luca Cumani's horse Richard of Yorke in this, he won first time out in a strong looking Windsor maiden ( the second has since come out and won 15l ) over today's trip. It was a very encouraging run considering he ran green and I think there will be more to come so I'm hopeful he can win what looks a competitive handicap on his second start Richard Of Yorke - 6/1 WilliamHill

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May 4.00 Ayr - Rockweiller win @ 10/1 PaddyPower Rockweiller won this race last year off a 6lb lower mark. However he has won a race on the flat since and that was off a mark of 57 as opposed to 56 today so with the jockeys claim he looks well handicapped on the best of his recent form. He likes it here and has won 2 out of his three races at Ayr with the other being a place. He doesn't seem to be too ground dependant as he has won on good to firm as well as soft but it does look like he would prefer a bit of cut in the ground. He has to improve on his recent form to win this but his recent races have either been over longer trips or over hurdles and I feel the drop in trip and the return to a course where he has gone well in the past could see him improve and go close.

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May Sandown 8.05: Merry Dancer - 0.5pts e/w, 20/1, Bet365 Fifth of 15 on debut and I thought it was an encouraging first run but that was some time ago. Needs to be ready to go first time up but one who may have improved at big odds.

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May 2.10 Good - George William - win at 33/1 bog wm hill 2yo maiden The current favourite, In Haste, has had a couple of runs but doesn't look up to much. The other one that's run, Captainthunderbolt, might be my selection if we didn't need big priced winners. At 7/1 he's tempting as Meehan's runners often improve for their debut outing However looking at the bigger priced ones I'll take a punt on Hannon's apparent 2nd string........they seem to beat the 1st string every now and then, more usually in handicaps when Hughes is on the one who's weight he can do and punters just assume it's the 1st string because he's on it

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May 3.40 wetherby: Doyle Carte 16/1 Betfred Don't fancy much today so will have a shot at Doyle Carte who was once a smart mare over hurdles. She's had a failed attempt at chasing and now come here 15lbs less than she once was. She also wears a tongue tie for the first time and worth a go at the prices.

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May 2.30 wetherby oneofapear is a big price for a horse that has back form to go well today, and hope is that switching back to hurdling after a couple of flat runs brings out more like his ability. back from long break on those flat runs, so third run back after a layoff is an angle in i like and with no trip and ground worries and a decent stable and jockey, today could be the day. 1pt win 33/1 bet365 bog

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May 3.40 wetherby blue Atlantic @ 6/1 365 jockey has 41% strike rate for the stable at this venue and the trainer has a 44% strike here aswell. 11/25. He has 2 in the race but I fancy this one. He is stepping up in distance on his handicap debut. Ground should be fine and gets in off a nice low weight....

Re: Weekly NAPS Competition: Thursday 21st May 7.35 Sandown: Class 3 Handicap, 1m2f One of the long-shots in the field but I feel he could be much better than the 20/1 price tag. I liked the way he won his maiden at Wolverhampton recently, albeit he didn't beet much. But he looks a scopey sort, lightly raced, with much more to come. He's sure to relish the step up in trip too. Well bred, out of a 1m 2f Listed winner with Hanagan in the saddle, I can see him able to outrun the odds. Istinfaar @ 20/1 William Hill