NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb

Re: NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb Fontwell 3:50 : Stow @ 14/1 bet365 e/w thanks Stow.....from Michael Blake yard the 10yo is a C&D winner and last season at this time of the year it had a successful time when it found 4 wins and a 2nd place with two of those wins coming here, The yard last year they sent it to Leicester 2m 4.5 furlongs it finished 2nd that day and this year the yard took the same route with same result finishing 2nd , Last year it was running off 125 it goes today off 106 with Josh Wall in saddle who has been the regular jockey on horse and gets a 7lb allowance, He was onboard those wins last season but yard are going to Fontwell with horse for first time

Re: NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb 6.40 Chelmsford - Soul Instinct win @ 7/2 Bet365 This race should be close between the top 2. They contested a race last week over course and distance and Satchville Flyer came out on top. Soul Instinct is 7lb better off at the weights and even though Satchville Flyer appeared to win fairly easily I feel that the 7lb should be enough to reverse the result. The rest of the field aren't really in form so it should be between those two.

Re: NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb Keslo 3.30 - Diocles (1pts win, 8/1 William Hill) Holywell is clearly the class act in this 4 runner field but his last two runs have just left a few nagging question marks but this is much easier task for him and if he's in top form will be very tough to beat. How ever I'm gong to take the fav on with Diocles who was pitched into Grade 3 company lto but was pulled up, before that run though he was an impressive winner here at Kelso and has a decent strike rate overall.

Re: NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb Kelso 2.00: Thorpe 5/2 Skybet/Coral Ok one of my favourite pastimes is taking a McCain jolly on, win plenty, lose some. Today we have such an occasion and i'm going with the tried and tested Thorpe from the back to form Lucinda Russell yard. Thorpe has some very decent form in the book and does have to give weight but his 4th last time at Haydock looks much better now Qewy has bolted up at Newbury since and that was a much, much better race than this. Frederic is the McCain horse, he won at Catterick on his debut after being left clear at the last, he would have won anyway but not by as far. Unfancied at 8/1 that day and still a maiden on the flat, i get the feeling he's not one of the stable stars. Only a 4yo so despite the penalty does receive the age allowance and it will be interesting to see how he fares in this better race. Endless Credit won one from 11 tries on the flat and was third at Catterick on his hurdles debut, not a bad effort and represents the other market fancy but will need to step up on that i reckon.

Re: NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb 3.20 Meydan: Jaguar F Type Trophy (Handicap) This big handicap looks wide open and usually a bit of luck plays its part. There are a couple of the better fancied horses here who have some doubts about the trip in my mind and I feel this could easily go to a longshot. That says Pilote is one I do really fancy to go close if he gets a clear run from off the pace. He is clearly on a mark he can win off. The same applies to Tha'ir. He can go well too and a big run is expected. However for a huge price I take a chance on Sennockian Star. He didn't perform to his best in two starts here at Meydan in recent weeks, however he slipped another 3lb in the mark and that can make a difference. He is one who likes to be up with the pace, and while he isn't drawn super close to the rail, his draw in seven gives him every chance to waste not too much energy to take up a prominent position. Officially he is one pound above his last winning mark (in a Handicap) when he won a big one at Goodwood last summer. He followed up with a fair second in Listed company. All over 10f, which is his ideal trip these days. I feel he is worth a punt today to outrun his big price tag. Sennockian Star @ 20/1 Coral

Re: NAP of the day | Thursday 12th Feb 2.10 Leic - Boss In Boots - win at 5/1 bog bet365 2 mile handicap chase We have a fairly solid favourite here in Until Winning who won at Ludlow last time. He's had 3 runs since returning from a long break and had fallen to a career low mark before obliging. Back up 10lbs today although a useful claimer takes 7 off. He looks in good nick and goes well right-handed but to date his best form has been on flat or sharp tracks and his stamina has looked a bit suspect when tried over further or on stiffer tracks I'll take him on with my selection who won over CD last time, jumping well and winning easily. He's also up in the weights and this is a better race but he's got more experience jumping than the other main runners, having already won twice over fences