** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon D. Sela vs G. Simon 2pts D. Sela to win - 2.44 with Pinnacle I reckon this price should be a bit shorter, maybe around 6/5. Dudi Sela has been in fantastic form of late, winning the last 3 tournaments he has played in. There is no substitute for positive, winning momentum and that is exactly what the Israeli has. The opponents he has beaten over the last few weeks are nowhere near the standard of Simon at his best but still, beating guys like Tomic, Chardy and Beck on grass will have given his confidence a massive boost. In his first round match his first serve percentage was good and his net play was decent, something that i feel will be important against the Frenchman. Simon is a solid player but being beaten in his only grass court match before Wimbledon won't have done his confidence any favours. In the first round his first serve was only successful 50% of the time and he gave his low ranked opponent 10 break points to go at. Simon will no doubt improve from that first round match but i am happy to take an interest in this match with a small stake on an in-form, confident Dudi Sela in the hope that he records his 17th win in a row.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Mardy Fish vs Denis Istomin set betting 3-1 fish 5/2 skybet the last round fish had comfortable win so i expect him to win this against a player who is playing well himself but is not as consistant Julien Benneteau vs Tomas Berdych set betting 3-1 berdych 23/10 skybet well these two players can unpredictable sometimes they can play great tennis another time they can be awful but i have to say berdych should win this he is playing well on this surface and also he likes playing at this tournament

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Aimed at the WTA guys here....just looked at the Cetkovska-Barrois match and I just cannot understand the odds there. Barrois is more accomplished than Cetkovska and should be much better from what I know, so to see her at 1.94 is a little bit surprising. I am definitely considering backing Barrois for higher stakes here. Any pitfalls?
Agree the odds are tempting but the problem with Barrios is that you never know which one will turn up. Cetkovska also beat a few decent players last week so she definately could turn her over.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Gilles Muller vs Milos Raonic - Muller to win @ 3.5 (Stan James) Muller knows how to play on grass and won at Nottingham (grass court challenger with a pretty decent field) a few weeks ago. Raonic is still far from the finished article (has 7 losses to players outside the top 50 this year) and if the logic is simply that his serve makes him a threat on grass then the same applies to Muller. Muller is also left-handed which I think is a slight advantage against Raonic due to his weaker backhand. Wouldn't be surprised to see three or four tiebreaks decide this, so the odds are too high in my opinion.

Can anyone explain why Hantuchova's odds went from 1.50 to 1.60 (she's playing Erakovic) - injury? Cheers
she had a lot of problems against Diatchenko in her last match and last week she retired due to an injury so she may be injured a little bit

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon One bet sticks out today. F.Lopez at 1.30 (Bfair) v Schuettler. Lopez is a fine grass court player, has beaten the likes of Nadal on grass and has a good record here at Wimbledon. His opponent is Schuettler who's best days are behind him now at 35. I was surprised to see him beat the promising Bellucci in the 1st round but grass court experience counts for a lot and he just played too smart for Bellucci who racked up an emormous UE count. But this is a whole different match up today against an experienced grass courter like Lopez. Lopez is one of the best serve and volleyers around and his record against the German is 7-1. I can't see anything other than a comfortable victory for the big serving Spaniard. I'll be having a decent single bet on this as well as including him on a treble (yet to decide on the other 2 bets but I'm looking at Berdych and Fish just now).

One bet sticks out today. F.Lopez at 1.30 (Bfair) v Schuettler. Lopez is a fine grass court player, has beaten the likes of Nadal on grass and has a good record here at Wimbledon. His opponent is Schuettler who's best days are behind him now at 35. I was surprised to see him beat the promising Bellucci in the 1st round but grass court experience counts for a lot and he just played too smart for Bellucci who racked up an emormous UE count. But this is a whole different match up today against an experienced grass courter like Lopez. Lopez is one of the best serve and volleyers around and his record against the German is 7-1. I can't see anything other than a comfortable victory for the big serving Spaniard. I'll be having a decent single bet on this as well as including him on a treble (yet to decide on the other 2 bets but I'm looking at Berdych and Fish just now).
I agree with you. I will take Feliciano Lopez (-3.5) at 1.50 Paddy Power.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Bolelli +6.5 games vs Wawrinka @ 1.75 (Bwin) Don't trust Stan on grass at all and this is a big line, even if he wins in straights I'd say it would be tight covering this. Actually I think Bolelli can play a competitive match and wouldnt be shocked to see him nick a set. He's got a big game, but of course can be very erratic, huge forehand and good serve can cause Wawrinka some problems today, his backhand isnt great and he can make stupid errors at times. Stan beat Starace by 7 games but he's a grass clown to be fair so I would be surprised if Stan beat this line. Kubot +4 games vs Karlovic @ 1.847 (Pinnacle) Come on Karlovic @ 1.3ish is a joke against any player, my only concern is that Kubot has played a 5 setter in the last round beating Clement but there wont be many rallies in this one. All about serve, Ivo will be tough to break but by the same token he isnt good on return and Kubot has a good serve and net rushes alot which can shorten points. I think there will be a tie break or two here and can see Kubot taking a set so he can cover this line if he's not completely gassed from qualifiers and first round. Raonic vs Muller OVER 9.5 games 1st set @ 1.50 (Bet365) Can see a tight first set, Muller has a big lefty serve which should be a problem for Raonic and we all know Raonic will be tough to break throughout. Like this bet in the first set when both are fresh so will play this.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hey everyone :cheers I've enjoyed reading the forums and now I'm in a better position I'll start contributing more to the community :) I've got a quick question though, I'm considering backing Bogomolov @ 2.26 (Pinnacle). I think he'll have a great chance to make round three with the weaknesses in Chela's grass court game. Matosevic made over 80 unforced errors and that seems the reason why he lost in the previous round. Chela didn't attack and played baseline tennis almost exclusively. What does everyone think of this line? Am I being crazy to back Bogomolov? It's one of those one's where I'm a bit unsure but I feel Bogomolov should be the favourite by logic!

Fish v Istomin Istomin to win 1st set @ 9/4 (Skybet) - 2.5pts Istomin to beat Fish @ 4/1 (Skybet) - 1pt I quite fancy Istomins chances of causing an upset tommorow against the 10th seed Fish. Istomin had a good Wimbledon last year, beating both Wawrinka and Scheuttler before losing in the 3rd round 3-2 to Berdych after being 2-1 up. He also had a good Queens last year where he took a set off Nadal in the last 16. He looked set to reach the second round back in 2009 when 2 sets up against 66th seed ranked Fognini untill he was struck with an injury. He went out in the first round at Eastbourne and Queens this year but was up against Tsonga and Del Potro. The preperation will have done him good. He comes into this match off the back of an impressive 3-1 win over Halle champion Kolschreiber. Fish on the other hand had no preperation for the grass court and had a tough match up against Granoellers. He came through in 3 sets, taking the first two sets in tie breaks. I think Istomin may prove to be a tougher challenge and this should be an interesting match where it may just be useful to back Istomin with a look at laying him later on.
Great info JK. I'm following you on this one, albeit at shorter odds, with intentions of laying in-play. Was Istomin really 4/1?

Great info JK. I'm following you on this one' date=' albeit at shorter odds, with intentions of laying in-play. Was Istomin really 4/1?[/quote'] Apologies that was meant to be 3/1. (I read the odds as decimals when they wern't).

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon In regards to the Fish v Istomin game, I also like the look of over 37.5 games at 4/6 and Istomin +4.5 at 11/10. I'm going to stick with my original bets for now but those two are also tempting. This could be a long match if both players find their serves.

What do you guys think of Berdych winning 3-0?He had no problems against Volandri in the first match' date='dropping just 5 games while the french guy Benneteau won in 5 sets against Bemelmanns.So odds look juicy for Berdych winning 3-0.[/quote'] If you are feeling like comitting suicide, go ahead :lol Berdy is pretty inconsitent ATM (see his French Open match, see his results in Halle), and I would suggest not to fall into his ranking trap.

If you are feeling like comitting suicide, go ahead :lol Berdy is pretty inconsitent ATM (see his French Open match, see his results in Halle), and I would suggest not to fall into his ranking trap.
Berdych prefers this type of ground and Benneteau has much problems in match 1 against Bemelmans while Berdycon won easily 6-2,6-2,6-1

Berdych prefers this type of ground and Benneteau has much problems in match 1 against Bemelmans while Berdycon won easily 6-2' date='6-2,6-1[/quote'] Berdy won easily against Volandri, who plays on the grass usually only when he plays soccer with friends. Bemmelmans is different beast. And just see Benneteau's serve stats from the last match. Not saying this cannot come through, but you asked for opinion. BOL with your play, anyway.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon quote=b10111;1964853]damn, just when you think you have the perfect bet and then odd movement has to muck up everything.guess I will have to lower stakes. I`ve been feeling the same about kei against Hewitt untill odd movements gave me the scare.Hard to go aginst Hewitt in a 5 setter. look, sometimes some odds will look fishy but the game will come through.look at soderling, no way should that clown be 1.28 against Petzschner but because I feel he is a touch to high Im nervous even though I know it will come through. I still feel Gonzo can smoke Dolgo, okay Dolgo is not in thw worst form ever but Gonzo was born for grass and Hard.anyway he hasnt played in a long time so No bet I suppose. If Robredo had a few practise games I would definitely be going against Lu. okay, let me stop procastinating Im pulling the trigger on Carlos,Kei and Ward:D :lol:lol:lol:lol Tennis is a funny sport, I had a great feeling about Gonzo but was discoraged when oi read a few posts about Dolgopolov most guys saying he will come through, i have a bad feeling about going against Hewitt in a 5 set game, then I get convinced by a few posters going for ythe Jap, I general;ly bet against British sportman doesnt matter what the code but James Ward tricks me with some gusto performances at Queens & Eastborne, so what do I do I pull the trigger on a Brit (ward), I pull the triger against Hewitt in a 5 set game and I dump Gonzo even when I know he is pure magic on serve & volley. by the way WTA is a bunch of crap, how does Stosour lose to someone who isnt even in the top 200:\ moral of the story, never go against your instincts:puke okay now to moving on, I see some good matchups that the bookies have got wrong Bolgomolov vs Chela the american should smoke Chela Dudi Sela vs Giles Simon Its hard to figure Giles at the moment, normally it would be a no bet but the odds for Sela are just too good.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon 4 for me today with the men. Surprised I haven't been taking more women's matches but can't see anything around that appeals to me so just sticking to the men which if all goes well, could see me turn around the losses into a profit today. Sergiy Stakhovsky vs Ivan Ljubicic- Ljubicic -3.5 handicap- Evens Bet365- (5/10) Rainer Schuettler vs Feliciano Lopez- Lopez -5.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Julien Benneteau vs Tomas Berdych- Berdych -6.5 handicap- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Juan Martin Del Porto vs Olivier Rochus- Del Porto -7.5 handicap- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) I like Ljubicic in this match up and his win over Cilic yesterday should give him confidence for this week after a weird loss to Stepanek over at Queen's. He served 21 aces yesterday in his win over Cilic and more importantly served well at key moments in the match and if his serve is on song again today, find it difficult to see a way into the match for Stakhovsky. The Ukranian has had a poor preparation period to Wimbledon on the grass with first round defeats at Queen's and Eastbourne. He beat Daniel Cox yesterday but it wasn't a walkover and looking at the stats, there wasn't a whole lot between the two but it looks like Stakhovsky had the extra quality in moments to see him through. Ljubicic is a huge step up in class though after he has picked up his game since his injury woes. He's beaten Stakhovsky in the past 2 meetings, and the one meeting this year he covered the handicap so I'll back him to do the same again today. I've thought quite a bit about this match and although Schuettler matches have a tendancy to f*ck me over, I'm backing Lopez to win with some to spare. Granted he isn't the best on return, but his serve is still big enough to lead him to victory against guys of Schuettler's quality. The German will struggle to do much on Lopez's serve, and the Spaniard will be able to pick up plenty of cheap points, like he did against Berrer in the first round. Schuettler beat Bellucci in his first round match but the Brazilian hasn't been great of late and looked extremely dodgy on grass coming into Wimbledon so I wouldn't read too much into that despite the German winning as the underdog. I watched a bit of his match against Nishikori last week over at Eastbourne and it did look to me that the German was struggling in most aspects of the match. His serve doesn't have any fizz on it, his groundstrokes lack power and his footwork just looked a bit past it. He managed to pinch a set off Nishikori but then lost the third set with ease and Lopez's power should be way too much for the veteran today in my eyes. The Spaniard absolutely dominates the H2H, leading 7-1, and winning the last 4, whilst covering the handicap in the past 2 matches. Lopez should be fine here as long as he is focussed and if he is, the handicap should be covered. Was either the unders or the handicap in Berdych's match but given Benneteau can always nick a tight set, I've plumped for the handicap just in case. Given last year's performance, Berdych has got a vast amount of points to defend over the next couple of weeks, and given his poor show at the French Open, he will be extremely motivated and up for this tournament which leads me to thinking he's not going to waste much time in beating Benneteau today, much like he didn't against Volandri in the first round. He will just want to do the job and get off court to save him from any fatigue that will hamper him in the latter rounds. Granted Volandri's poor serving didn't make it particularly hard for Berdych, but he did look comfortable and looks to be playing well on the grass after his disappointing end to the clay season. Benneteau played close to 3 hours yesterday in his 5 setter againt Bemelmans after almost choking a 2 set lead away so he can't be 100% for today I can't imagine. Kunitsyn easily beat him last week and given Berdych's motivation for this tournament, I don't see him coping with the Czech today and the power should be too much for Benneteau to cope with after yesterday's marathon so I'll take Berdych to win this with a fair bit of ease in the end. The Del Porto-Rochus affair just looks a complete mismatch to me despite Del Porto still not back to his best I'd fancy him to win this comfortably. Rochus is one of the smallest guys on the tour, and although he can return a fair amount of balls, he's going to struggle do trouble Del Porto in anyway and how he's going to win a significant amount of games is beyond me. Rochus was actually Del Porto's first match back since his injury last year and Rochus incredibly only just about won in two tight sets. Del Porto is nowhere near that level that he was that day and he is nowhere near as rusty as he was. I do just fear that Rochus will get blown off the court today, like Cipolla was in Del Porto's first match so the handicap looks good on Del Porto to me.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Agree with that Homunculus. Berdych will definitely have a tougher today than against Volandri, who has no serve, only seems motivated on clay in Italy. Bemelmans was a qualifier, nearly beat Berdy at Halle and can serve. Not the easiest match. Still think Berdy will win, maybe 3 or 4 sets depending on how well he's serving. Dont think he's playing near his best level in recent months.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I am trying not to play much on wednesdays as this is usually disaster, but one WTA bet today touched my heart Zahlavova-Strycova (CZE) vs Schiavone (ITA): Over 20.5 games @evens local bookie Schiavone is by no means a native grass player, yet she can place the shot and "wa-hoo" some nice winners. I do not think that this match could be an easy win for Barbora. As to Barbora herself, she usually bites pretty much in early tournaments' round regardless of the surface. Last year she made it to round 3 in Wimbledon, where she lost with Sharapova 57 36 after beating Hantuchova in round 2 three-setter. This is why I think this should not be an easy match for Francesca. All in all, 20.5 line is a bit too low IMO, as I expect at least one tight set or a three setter. GL :hope edit: Adding one additional WTA Errani (ITA) vs K.Bondarenko (UKR): Errani -3.5 @1,794 Pinnacle Errani seems to be in good shape and prepared for grass (played in both Birmingam and Hertogenbosh tournaments during last two weeks). She performed quite well against Kuznetsova in Hertogenbosh, taking the match to full distance. In R1 she sent packing home Kanepi, who was big favourite. I would not overrate this win because Kaia can be awful at times, and she apparently was in R1, but K.Bondarenko (K.!!!) is IMO by one league inferior to Sara. I would have expected at least 4.5 hcp, so I am quite happy to take this one. Also tailing a shot Istomin to bt Fish @3,89 Pinnacle, going against Berdy (mandatory) by playing Benneteau to bt Berdych @6,980 Pinnacle low stakes, and going against Verdasco after seeing his yesterday's match with Stepanek: Haase (+3 games) to bt Verdasco @2,070 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon A. Roddick vs V. Hanescu 3/5pts Under 34.5 games - 21/20 with Coral I simply can't ignore this line and the price offered on it. I was on the unders for Roddick vs Beck yesterday and, despite it coming in by just 1 game (line at 32.5), it was a comfortable win for the American. That was despite him not being at his best from the baseline, something which i think he will show a big improvement on today. His serving was brilliant once again and if he repeats anything like that here the big Romanian will struggle to get a look-in. Hanescu has had some good results on the clay this year, and some not so good. However, in tournaments on both grass and hard courts he has struggled to get any sort of rhythm going. He lost his only grass court match before coming here and in the first round gave his low ranked opponent opportunities to break. These 2 have played 3 times previously and Roddick has come through them all to win. The first one, back in '03, went to 2 tie breaks but that was when Roddick had next to no baseline game and his backhand was severely lacking in quality. Sure, Hanescu has improved too since then but the last 2 meetings have shown just how much more Roddick has upped his game. I expect the former world number 1 to go up a level from yesterday and being back on centre court will no doubt mean he is raring to go. So, Roddick to come through this in straight sets to ensure this generous line is covered.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Kimiko is making the life really tough for Venus :lol Won 1st set. Congrats to all who backed Kimiko in one way or another. Now someone please tell me how Kimiko could have lost to Oprandi last week and spoil my ingenious bet? :wall

Aimed at the WTA guys here....just looked at the Cetkovska-Barrois match and I just cannot understand the odds there. Barrois is more accomplished than Cetkovska and should be much better from what I know, so to see her at 1.94 is a little bit surprising. I am definitely considering backing Barrois for higher stakes here. Any pitfalls?
tailing you on barrois, definately barrois is a better player, great odds as well might be a close match

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I. Ljubicic vs S. Stakhovsky 2pts I. Ljubicic (-3.5 games) to beat S. Stakhovsky - Evens with Bet365 I'm with Fishy here for this one as i think the handicap is maybe a game short. Ljubicic has been in great form over the last couple of months and i can see him continuing that today. The big man did well at Roland Garros, putting in a better performance versus Nadal than a 3-0 defeat suggests, and before that did well at Monte Carlo where he lost out to the Spaniard too. Since April the Croat has beaten Tsonga, Berdych, Verdasco and Querry before getting rid of an out of sorts Cillic in the first round here when not performing at his best. At Queen's he should have beaten Stepanek but we all know how well Radek battles and is awkward with his variety on the grass. Besides, that defeat wasn't all bad as it meant he got a good rest from singles before coming here. I saw a bit of Stakhovsky's match against Cox and there wasn't a great deal to get excited about. I took the view that Cox gave away too many opportunites with bad unforced errors and poor depth from the baseline to have a chance of winning. Yes, Stakhovsky got the job done with the minimum amount of fuss but today will be a big step up. He suffered a bad loss against Hernych in his first grass court match of the season and whilst his loss to Schuettler at Eastbourne wasn't a great surprise, he didn't put up much of a fight and the lack of match practice is a worry. I am sure Ljubicic will come through this, whether it is in 3 or 4 sets i'm not so sure but i think he will do enough to cover this handicap against an opponent he has beaten in 2 of their last 3 meetings.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon 18/1 on Murray to beat Nadal and Federer to win Wimbledon. Good bet or not? I think Federer is very likely to reach the final and Murray and Nadal are very likely to make the 1st semi-final. So rather than backing Murray at 11/2 to win Wimbledon I've put this 18/1 bet on instead, and may have lay off bets later down the line.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Really not much happening. Tiny profit thus far. WINNERS Rafael Nadal v Ryan Sweeting. Under 27.5 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Grigor Dimitrov -4 AH vs Cedrik-Marcel Stebe. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Na Li vs Alla Kudryavtseva. Over 17.5 games. 1.80 @ Bwin (6/10) Ricardo Mello vs Frank Dancevic. Over 29.5 games. 1.80 @ Bwin (5/10) Petra Martic > Vania King. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (4/10) LOSERS Kaia Kanepi > Sara Errani. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Blaz Kavcic +3.5 vs Tobias Kamke. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Albert Montanes +4.5 vs Andreas Seppi. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Venus Williams v Kimiko Date-Krumm. Under 18 games. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) PUSH Alona Bondarenko +5 vs Jarmila Gajdosova. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Mardy Fish -5 AH v Denis Istomin. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (4/10)

Have to say that I really liked Berdych's performance today. If he keeps it up (obviously a problem with him nowadays)' date=' he might trouble the big guys.[/quote'] No way. Berdy might roll against outsiders, although this rule has the exceptions we all know about :-) , but against big guys he did not won a single match since last Wimbledon. I do not count Davydenko who cannot be considered big guy anymore, and Roddick in London World Tour Finals because of the very poor Roddick's form in London. Not a single big name since Federer in QF Wimbledon 2010 (Djokovic in semi was not that big name ATM), and he is not any better this year. If he makes it through Bogomolov (probably will), either Fish or Haase will stop him before QF quick death named Nadal.

D. Sela vs G. Simon 2pts D. Sela to win - 2.44 with Pinnacle I. Ljubicic vs S. Stakhovsky 2pts I. Ljubicic (-3.5 games) to beat S. Stakhovsky - Evens with Bet365 A. Roddick vs V. Hanescu 3/5pts Under 34.5 games - 21/20 with Coral
Sela had opportunities when breaking Simon and getting break points but could never stamp his authority on the match. Class prevailed. Ljubicic won comfortably to continue his good form. Roddick upped his game considerably, as expected, to come through easily. The only danger to this bet was whether Hanescu would throw in the towel early. So, 2 out of 3 for the day puts me at +7.13 points for the tournament.