** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Well done to all Lopez backers. Read that match totally wrong. Roddick - how the mighty have fallen.
I had a feeling Lopez might win but wasn't confident enough to back him. Only bet I have on today is the Nadal Under 30.5 games which I think has a +65% chance of happening so getting decent enough value on the bet. I also have a bet on Lisicki at 28/1 to win outright (she's much shorter odds now though) - She's been playing fantastic and could very well win it. Hope some others decided to back her when she had odds like that!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Lopez played great grass-court tennis today, Roddick has owned him in the past but not because of a huge gulf in talent but because Roddick is a better match player, tougher mentally, better on bigger points. They've had some tight matches over the years. Roddick's return and forehand these days are not good. His forehand was alot bigger earlier in the 2000's if I remember right.

Friday Petra Kvitova to beat Vinci @ 1.2 [skybet]..Stake,10/10 Finalist last week at Eastbourne and been impressive in steam rolling first two opponents this week.Petra a semi finalist at Wimbledon last year is looking more than capable of at least matching that this time around
6-3,6-3:ok

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Serena Williams -5 vs Maria Kirilenko. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (8/10) This is an obvious choice. Serena has been nowhere near her best but she's getting there. She has admitted that she likes to play longer matches at the moment as that helps her to get more match practise. Having said that I don't think she'll have a long match against Kirilenko. The match-up problems are too obvious. Masha lacks power and is always afraid of Serena. Serena saying that she likes longer matches would put me off unders but handicap should work either way even in three sets. Like it was for Serena against Halep. Lost the first set but then hammerd the Romanian in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Ana Ivanovic vs Petra Cetkovska. Under 19.5 games. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I think bookies are overreacting on Cetkovska's win against Radwanska. Massive result but can not see Petra having any chances against Ivanovic. Ana has dropped just 4 games in two matches thus far and this one should be very easy as well. 19.5 games allows a result of 6-4, 6-3 which looks too much and should be less than that. You have to laugh when you see the stats. Ivanovic has not lost a single game to Cetkovska. They have played once before and it was 6-0, 6-0 for Ana in French Open 2008. Unders or handicaps - which ever you prefer. Marcos Baghdatis vs Novak Djokovic. Over 29.5 games. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Baghdatis has never beaten Djokovic in four attempts but only once ha has given up and that was in their very first meeting on clay. Other than that he has taken a set or even two of Djokovic in other three matches. I think he's well capable of taking a set this time as well. Despite being really poor he always plays his best tennis against top guys. 29.5 games is way too short for me. Not a fan of handicaps because Baggy can collapse at any point but pleas do that after winning the first set. Or the second... Even 4-6, 4-6, 4-6 will do and I'm having that any time. Fernando Gonzalez vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Over 39.5 games. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (5/10) This one has got 4 or 5 set written all over it. Just can not imagine either fo these two winning in straight sets, besides both are entertainers and would love to play a bit extra. Know it's not a serious argument but that's just the way it is with these two. So fingers crossed for ar least 4 sets in this one.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Adding couple more for Saturday David Ferrer -7.5 vs Karol Beck. 1.85 @ Bwin (6/10) It's really beyond ridiculous how Beck has managed to remain in this tournament. Garcia Lopez being a clown dropped two sets after being up a break and even a double break on one occassion. Ferrer can be a mess sometimes but I think tired Beck should not be a problem. Ferrer's return game is very impressive and I believe there has to be a 6-1 or 6-2 set in this match in favor of Ferrer so it won't be that hard to cover this handicap of -7.5 games. Ferrer has won both matches against Beck comfortably and it has to be the same scenario this time around as well. As it's the case with Ferrer I more often than not prefer handicap instead of unders. He can lose a set here or there... Caroline Wozniacki vs Jarmila Gajdosova. Under 20.5 games. 1.77 @ Bwin (7/10) Did not expect this line to be more than 19 games. If anyone has got a chance to beat Wozniacki then Gajdosova on paper has but she has got no brain, so mission impossible. Wozniacki will force enough errors from Jarka and that will be that. Even 6-4, 6-4 which I can not imagine happening would work for this bet to be won. Wozniacki has won both matces agaisnt Gajdosova with unders and I reckon it will be 3 in a row.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon First post for aaaages! Just logged on to bet365 this morning to see if there was anything that interested me. Came across the Baghdatis vs Djokovic game today. As we all know Djokovic has been flying this year, his run of consecutive wins halted at the French. Baghdatis i would class as a grafter, and if he has any chance in this match, he will have to grind it out and make a fast start. If he loses the first set, its game over. I expect Djokovic to win, however i see value in Baghdatis winning the first set @ 6.50 He knows if he is going to cause an upset, he has to win the first. So im hoping Novak is a little slow out the blocks and Marcos takes the game to him from the off. Good luck all :ok

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon David Nalbandian vs Roger Federer over 32.5 games 5/6 skybet this match is interesting because it is two players who each others game well and their head to head is quite close so you would expect a tight match but federer has improved a lot over the years where his opponent has not but i feel most of the sets will be quite close even though federer will probably win in three straight sets and a tie break in one of them

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Almagro vs Youzhny selection Almagro to win @ 2.37 Bet365 Almagro has looked very impressive in the first 2 rounds especially on serve.Youzhny looked poor against Monaco in the first round and took 5 sets to beat him.Also coming into Wimbledon Youzhny had lost 9 of his last 14 matches.With Almagro serving so well(25 aces against Isner) and looking inspired I can see him winning

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon WINNERS Tamira Paszek > Francesca Schiavone. 2.65 @ Bwin (4/10) Serena Williams -5 vs Maria Kirilenko. 1.77 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Caroline Wozniacki vs Jarmila Gajdosova. Under 20.5 games. 1.77 @ Bwin (7/10 Gilles Simon +6 vs Juan Martin Del Potro. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (6/10) David Ferrer -7.5 vs Karol Beck. 1.85 @ Bwin (6/10) Marcos Baghdatis vs Novak Djokovic. Over 29.5 games. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) LOSERS Svetlana Kuznetsova > Yanina Wickmayer. 1.65 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Ana Ivanovic vs Petra Cetkovska. Under 19.5 games. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Daniela Hantuchova > Victoria Azarenka. 2.56 @ Pinnacle (3/10) Fernando Gonzalez vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Over 39.5 games. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Caroline Wozniacki vs Virginie Razzano. Over 17.5 games. 1.90 @ Bet365 (3/10) VOID Mardy Fish -5 vs Robin Haase. 2.06 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Mixed bag really. Somehow managed to end up with some profit over past two days. Gonzalez was bloody awful today and would have done without Haase's retirement as well. Good thing some big bets came through like Paszek and Serena with high stakes. And hats off to Baggy, proved he can play some ball against Top guns.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon 4th round selections... Tamira Paszek -2.5 vs Ksenia Pervak. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) You have to be very brave bookie to put a 2.5 game spread for this match. Pervak has beaten some very good players like Petkovic and Peer but one must wonder how far can she go? Don't think any further than this. She has got very good offenisve game but is error prone. Paszek can defend very well and I reckon that is where this match will won and lost. Shuai Peng +5 vs Maria Sharapova. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Was kind of stuck between overs and handicap here and chose to go with the second in case if Peng comes up with a shock win. Well, it would not be a shock to me anyway. Sharapova has admitted that playing Peng will be tough and it really will. They had a very close 3-setter earlier this year, Sharapova won that one 6-2, 5-7, 6-3. Peng hammered Masha 6-2, 6-4 in Beijing 2009 and I really would not be surprised to see Sharapova go this time as well. Peng is a very good counter puncher and can live with Sharapova on the baseline. Perhaps, it will be three sets and overs (even in two sets) but it could be also straight forward win for the Chinese player. That puts me off overs, so handicap is what I will have. Don't think Sharapova can beat Peng by more than 5 games. She struggled against Robson and beat her by 4 games. Should not be easier against Peng. David Ferrer > Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. 2.90 @ Pinnacle (5/10) What the hell is this? Seriously... Was expecting the odds to be the other way round. Surely has to take Ferrer at 2.90. Against Tsonga... Tsonga is a beast on serve but as I always say, Ferrer has got one monster return game and he'll definitely have enough chances to do something about Tsonga's serve. Ferrer broke Tsonga 4 times out 7 in their only previous meeting. Ok, it was on clay but it does not make that much of a difference in Tsonga's case. Feliciano Lopez -4.5 vs Lukas Kubot. 1.75 @ Pinnacle (5/10) It has to be the end of the road for Kubot. He's won 6 matches including qualies but has not faced serious competition. Really, Monfils can not be counted as serious opponent. Lopez has reached quarters in Wimbledon in 2005, 2008 and yes, that's every three years, so this is time for him to make last 8 once again. Both good on serve but Lopez is a little bit better and I think he'll get some chances to break so counting on him to cover this handicap line and win by at least 5 games. Richard Gasquet > Andy Murray. 4.30 @ Pinnacle (2/10) Murray is scared of Gasquet. There's no secret about that. Gasquet should have beaten Murray in 2008 Wimbledon. The Frenchman was 2-0 up and serving for the match and collapsed. He also lost to Murray from 2-0 up in last year's French Open but that he was exhausted in that match as he arrived in Paris just after winning Nice and was pretty much done but the organizers did not help him by forcing to play on Monday. I think now he's fresh, has not dropped a set and there's unfinished business. Despite saying he does not feel extra pressure at home, Murray always is struggling in-front of home fans. Will have a go for Gasquet to upset the odds.

Sport Tennis
Event Sabine Lisicki - Petra Cetkovska
Selection Petra Cetkovska
Strength 10/10
Date 27/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 4.70
Reasoning Wimbledon WTA Slam (GBR) - Grass, Round of 16. Best of 3 sets. Sabine Lisicki should be a favorite in this match but odd for Petra Cetkovska's win is too high for me. Petra Cetkovska can play very good on grass - she won against Agnieszka Radwanska, Kristina Barrois. She defeated Ana Ivanovic in the last match. Ana had no break points! Petra served great: 1st Serve Percentage 61% (34/56) 1st Serve Points Won 85% (29/34) 2nd Serve Points Won 68% (15/22) The match lasted only 70 minutes. Petra Cetkovska is in great shape. She won tournament on grass in Nottingham. Sabine Lisicki has very strong service so she is very dangerous on this surface but I see close match here. Both players feel very good on grass.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon David Ferrer vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 2pts D. Ferrer to beat J-W. Tsonga - 2/1 with Sporting Bet Ferrer is way too big here in my opinion for what should be a tight match. Both of these have been caused problems by lower ranked players in earlier rounds and should bring out the best in each other in this. Ferrer's return game is good enough to cause Tsonga problems and his baseline game can be enough to frustrate anyone. He beat the Frenchman on the only occasion they have met too. I wouldn't have been surprised to see these priced up around 10/11 each as i think it's that close so to see 2/1 was a big surprise and i couldn't not get involved.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon As someone that frequents the football forum I know how diffcult acca's are, but the following just struck me as having a decent shout. Any opinions from the pro's? Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Sharapova, Wozniacki, Venus Williams @ 2.58

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon The men in that acca should be pretty safe. Federer i would say will have the easiest ride, Rafa will be too strong for an inconsistent opponent who hasn't reached anywhere near the level he was at yet. I have a feeling Llodra will cause Djokovic problems, but Novak should come through it with a win.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Roger Federer vs Mikhail Youzhny 3pts Under 30.5 games - 10/11 with Coral I like the look of this line here as i think Federer will make it 11-0 against Youzhny will reltive ease. These 2 haven't met for a while but when they do play the Russian is rarely able to trouble Federer and i can see that continuing here. He has had some bad results lately against men you would expect him to beat but i suppose you can never know which Youzhny will turn up against the lower ranked players. At Wimbledon he hasn't had it easy getting this far, being taken to 5 sets in his opening round and 4 sets in his next 2 matches. His unforced error count is quite high and so is the amount of break points he has been up against. There is always the possibility that he will throw in a few double faults too. Federer has looked good so far, again. He is looking more relaxed and as a result his form has improved. His record against Youzhny is brilliant and, although his opponent is a very talented player, the former world number 1's consistency should see him get this done in 3 sets.

As someone that frequents the football forum I know how diffcult acca's are, but the following just struck me as having a decent shout. Any opinions from the pro's? Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Sharapova, Wozniacki, Venus Williams @ 2.58
i think it s a very good idea myself i bet 1/6 of my bank in Djokovits win tomorrow @ 1,08 in Pinnacle.These are huge odds to me if we consider the difference between Liondra and the Serb.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Ferrer 2/1 tb Tsonga has to be the bet. That is an insane price for the World No.6 player. I haven't been that impressed by Tsonga other than his big serve which is always a weapon, esp on grass. But he hasn't met a player the calibre of Ferrer yet and the Spaniard is a big time match player. This should be tough match for both players and at 2/1 you should get a hell of a run for your money.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Peng +5.5 games vs Sharapova @ 1.80 (Skybet) This line is too high IMO, have seen all of Maria's game and she is looking patchy in most aspects, serve and groundstrokes. Even the Zakapalova match was tougher than the scoreline suggests but the Czech is so crap on serve that she couldnt take more chances. Peng is a talented player but also very inconsistent, she loves to play 3 sets against players she should beat comfortably.....but I can see her hanging with Maria from the baseline, she takes the ball early and hits it flat so I can see her getting some joy in rallies and forcing errors. Gasquet +5.5 games vs Murray @ 1.83 (Bet365) I really hope Gasquet can send Murray home but although his outright odds are tempting, you cant ignore what happened in their 2 previous slam matches when he blew a 2 set lead, so I prefer handicap...if he wins this IMO he needs to do it in 3 or 4, as Murray has superior fitness and stamina. Anyway, Gasquet is the type of player who downs Murray in a slam - look how much trouble Ljubo caused him and Gasquet is alot better than him on grass, he will be the one looking to finish points quickly while Murray tries to bore him to death and force errors. Watched couple of Gasquets matches so far, feel he's playing well - he needs to serve well and the forehand needs to stand up to the test as I'm sure Murray will do his best to avoid playing to Richard's backhand as the rally goes in the Frenchmans favour then. Competitive match from Gasquet hopefully, and would love him to send this bore home. Tsonga vs Ferrer OVER 3.5 sets @ 1.53 (Bet365) I cant envisage any of these winning in 3 here, Tsonga would need to be serving extremely well for that to happen but it's tough to keep that up and Ferrer is one of the best returners around and extremely solid in rallies and at the net. But David also has trouble on serve so it has the makings of a tough match. Hope 4 sets at least.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Cannot agree more with Gasquet/Peng/Ferrer. I am also going for Nadal (-5.5) here. The line might seem to be too high, but Del Potro isn't at his level yet I think. Gilles Simon was doing rather well in rallies and Nadal is certainly going to dominate most of them, so Del Potro will need to serve really well here. I also still have my doubts about Del Potro's movement on grass - he certainly isn't particularly comfortable.

Sport Tennis
Event Lopez vs. Kubot
Selection Lopez (-6.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20
Reasoning Well, Lukasz Kubot has been the nice surprise till now here at Wimbledon, but looking from another angle at his "surprises" I will say that he had some luck to play against players with name but which haven't played at their best level. Lukasz Kubot defeated Ivo Karlovic and Gael Monfils, both haven't played at their real level. Of course, there can't be any doubts about Lukasz Kubot's form at the moment, but lets not forget that class difference is a very important aspect in a game of tennis. Kubot's opponent is nobody else than Felciano Lopez, the player who has showed and impressed a lot here at Wimbledon, Felciano defeated Andy Roddick in a game where he has served very well and also he did looked ok from the baseline. Felicano's backhand has been worked very good so far, that is the good sign and IMO this time is the perfect one to trust Felciano and go on his side as there is all about his form which is very good at the moment. There is a essential difference in class between Felciano and Kubot, so being in a good form the spaniard should be in control for this one. Good Luck!