** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I hate Tipsarevic with a passion. He is on my lifetime blacklist but I also love money and I cant help but think he is over priced here. He is great on the grass, in fact he is quite good and although Ivo is decent I cant help but feel the Serbian has had better preparation. How bad was his injury on Sunday ?He has had time to rest it.

If only he didn’t arrange matches then I would vouch for him, though I must say he isn’t the worst player to play when he is an underdog as there is little point in arranging a game.

What do you guys think of his chances?:\

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Andreas Beck - Andy Roddick (-7.5) 1.8@triobet 6/10! My first pick from wimbledom. First of all i would like to wish you a great tennis. and especially in winning way :) Well, Andy proved that he's a great receiver to. we all know about his serve, but his return game in queens was impressive, and that game with Murray, where he has very slim chances of taking Murray away that day, just a one from hundread. We all know that first rounds always beeing nervous and shaky for top ranked players, we saw that yesterday in Murrays game, we can see it from the other's too. Andreas is far away from that man who played tennis 2-3 years ago. One thing that vories a bit that the german is left-handed, so this keeps a little of-balance game for roddick. But Andreas hasn't played much tennis this year; Qualified to Rolland Garros, then lost to Melzer in straight sets 3:6, 4:6, 2:6; On the other side we have Roddick, he were pretty busy last months. played some great tennis, W over on-form Kevin Anderson. There will be very small chances for german to break Andy today, so i'll tkaing him with -7.5! Kei Nishikori tb. Lleyton Hewitt 2.02@triobet 6/10! Well, Kei has been briliatn lately, despite his loss to serb Tipsy, he improved so much of last two years, and beat some top guys, and managed to work for Nadal on hard. He's that little guy, and makes other guys to work with him every single point. if he can keep 1st serve in today he will be winner i have no doubt about that. Lleyton time has passed, we all know that he's a top player, but that time have just passed. and today Kei will beat him.

@ b1011 - think Tipsy's injury was to do with eyesight. He's not able to see the ball properly in bad light and considering he'd asked the umpire and supervisor to stop the match at 7pm, I'd guess that's what it was. I was on Court 12 yesterday to watch the first couple of games and he seemed fine, moving and hitting the ball well. Hope that helps you. PS I also like Berlocq but there is something suspect about the odds movement ...

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

@ b1011 - think Tipsy's injury was to do with eyesight. He's not able to see the ball properly in bad light and considering he'd asked the umpire and supervisor to stop the match at 7pm, I'd guess that's what it was. I was on Court 12 yesterday to watch the first couple of games and he seemed fine, moving and hitting the ball well. Hope that helps you. PS I also like Berlocq but there is something suspect about the odds movement ...
Cool you've been there yesterday! I was also thinking of Berlocq because he defeated Dolgopolov last week and went to a third set tiebreak against Olivier Rochus but you never know what you get with these players, you can't trust them. His opponent lost in straight sets to Chardy a week ago

Tipsarevic injured himself falling when trying to change direction quickly versus Seppi. A slippery court meant his leg went from under him and he injured his groin so the trainer was called :ok
that is absolutely correct, he was bitching to the umpire about the sliperry court, no wonder he wore shades at night

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi guys, 2 more picks for the Wimbledon for me: ATP: NALBANDIAN TO DEFEAT REISTER BY 2: 0 SETS @ 1.8 on bwin WTA: CIBULKOVA TO DEFEAT LUCIC @ 1.53 on pinnaclesports Nalbandian played a couple of good matches in Queens, he is in OK form and he is a better player than Reister all around the court. Cibulkova with great counter attacking game to force Lucic into a lot of unforced errors.

damn, just when you think you have the perfect bet and then odd movement has to muck up everything.guess I will have to lower stakes. I`ve been feeling the same about kei against Hewitt untill odd movements gave me the scare.Hard to go aginst Hewitt in a 5 setter. look, sometimes some odds will look fishy but the game will come through.look at soderling, no way should that clown be 1.28 against Petzschner but because I feel he is a touch to high Im nervous even though I know it will come through. I still feel Gonzo can smoke Dolgo, okay Dolgo is not in thw worst form ever but Gonzo was born for grass and Hard.anyway he hasnt played in a long time so No bet I suppose. If Robredo had a few practise games I would definitely be going against Lu. okay, let me stop procastinating Im pulling the trigger on Carlos,Kei and Ward:D

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Karol Beck is a scrub, but he has come through qualifiers so should be slight favourite against Berlocq, Beck should not be 1.4 or whatever it is though.........:rollin....more like 1.70 or 1.80 seems more realistic.Berlocq had some decent matches last week, hit a load of aces against Rochus although that isnt hard. Berlocq on the handicap might be worth a go. As for Tipsy, he slipped and looked like he strained his leg, he was complaining about the light but really he was just bitching for the sake of it. Then he retired rather than let Seppi serve it out for his first title. Anyway even if he is fully fit, the match with Karlovic should be tight with a few points making the difference, that or he retires. I thought Ivo was value at opening odds of 2.50 but IMO he should never be backed as a favourite, such is the nature of his game i.e can trouble anyone but also lose to anyone. Best left alone IMO.

Jankovic, JelenaMartinez Sanchez, Maria Jose
1 pick at the moment: Martinez Sanchez, Maria Jose +4.5 games against Jelena Jankovic Jankovic hasn't played a single match on grass, last match was Roland Garros which she lost to eventual finalist schiavone. Maria is known for her resillence against tough opponents, i predict a tricky match for both players

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I have the unders on the Roddick and Isner games already for today but there is one more i fancy.... J. Ward vs M. Llodra 2.5pts J. Ward (+4.5 games) to beat M. Llodra - 10/11 with Bet365 I think Ward has a good chance of pushing Llodra today and this price is good enough to get me involved with a generous line. James Ward has impressed me over the last few weeks, beating some tough opponents and feeding off the strong home support. His big serve has caused the likes of Querry, Mannarino, Wawrinka and Tipsarevic problems and i reckon it will do the same here. His baseline game has seemed to improve game by game too due to the increasing confidence. Llodra is a good, experienced grass courter, hence the reason i am not too keen on backing the Brit for the match. He has been beaten by the likes of Raonic, Soderling and Troicki so far this year so there is evidence to suggest that he struggles against big servers. I think the home support for Ward and the big serve means he can cause Llodra enough problems to bring in this handicap.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Almagro vs Nieminen Tie break in the match: YES @ 1.85 (Bwin) Like this bet, Almagro has played 13 tie breaks in his 9 Wimbledon matches, the guy rarely does things easy. Fancy Nemo to play a competitive match aswell so would think there's a good chance of a breaker here. Over 3.5 sets @ 1.53 (Bet365) Don't think either guy can take this in 3 sets, neither are in great form right now. Almagro is 4-9 on grass and lost to Berrer last week in Holland and to Kubot in 5 at the French, its rarely plain sailing with this man. Nieminen lost to Lu and I think he tanked the Gremelmayr match, he's had some decent runs at Wimby in the past but his best years are behind him.Can see a few momentum shifts in this one and 4 sets at least. Having a few more aswell, with small stakes. De Schepper +4.5 games vs Rochus @ 1.943 (Pinnacle) The big Frenchman has played little on the main tour but he's got a huge serve and I think he can be competitive against Rochus here, should be able to hit plenty of aces against the little Belgian. Rochus is a scrapper though so I'm not sure about the overall outcome but De Schepper should play some competitive sets. He came through qualifiers here and beat Bolelli in the final round, that's a good win. Tie-break in match-YES @ 1.80(Bet365) Have a number of others in my thoughts for later.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Haven't been around for a while but I've got a couple of accumulators to start my wimbledon campaign. Garcia-Lopez + Tomic - 2.25 I don't think GGL is anything special but Golubev is atrocious at the moment. He's lost something like 12 in a row and I don't think he'll be able to pick things up today. For the second half, I know some people are on Davydenko but I have to oppose him. He has been poor for ages and just doesn't have any power. His forehand is terrible and he hasn't played a game on grass this season. Tomic is young but eager and his grass results have been good this year. Okay, it's challenger level but I just think he can hold his serve enough to win this today. Andreev + Mannarino - 2.10 I think Andreev is a great bet at 4/7. He's not been in brilliant form but he's been losing to decent players (Tsonga, Gasquet, Troicki) while Gabashvili has lost to some very average/poor players (Del Bonis, Cipolla) and has dropped out of the top 100. I fancy Andreev's nous to see him through. The second half is a no-brainer. Conor Niland has come through qualifying but he's almost 30 and ranked 181. Mannarino lost to Ward at Queen's but he'll have taken confidence from beating Del Potro and Simon and should win this in straight sets. Have also taken a big-serving accumulator of Isner, Karlovic, Andreev and Baltacha. Have explained Andreev, while I think Karlovic will see off a wounded Tipsarevic, whose head may drop. Isner I think is bet of the day at 1/2 against Mahut. Isner's return game is much better than it was (see FO v Nadal) and he's too good for Mahut, who is over-rated after last year. Blatacha's a risk but home advantage should see her though.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Had another look this morning and taken 3 in actual fact. Hoping for better results than yesterday. Xavier Malisse vs Mischa Zverev- Malisse -7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Somdev Devvarman vs Denis Gremelmayr- Devvarman -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) John Isner vs Nicolas Mahut- Under 43.5 games- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Do these quite quickly as it's not long till the matches start. Malisse has played some decent stuff in the past couple of weeks. Took a set off Murray and made the semis in Holland last week. Zverev in the other hand has lost his lat 5, 2 of the last losses in straight sets on grass so not sure how he'll cope with Malisse today. The handicap looks low enough for me to back Malisse here. As much as the Indian has struggled of late, I still fancy him to win with a bit to spare today. Gremelmayr mostly plays the challenger events, and his best results usually come on the clay courts. Baghdatis creamed his last week, losing just one game. Devvarman had some good results earlier on in the year on the quicker courts, giving Nadal and Federer some things to think about. Just fancy him today to do the job with the relatively small handicap. Already been mentioned about the line between this two. Last year was a freak result and it's not going to be anything remotely near that figure today. Mahut has struggled with injury in past week or two, and I'd fancy Isner to win this. Even if there's 4 relatively close sets, the line looks to high so I'll back the unders.

Right let the tennis begin then. Really hard to find much value about with some odds on the handicaps a joke. Doesn't help matters when Bet365 are back to their lazy ways of not putting all the additional markets up for all of the matches. Still haven't done the Roddick or Murray matches which were 2 that I was interested in taking. Anyways I've taken 3 for now, may take more tomorrow and it involves a couple of the men's matches and one women's. The write-ups won't be brilliant due to the time and I'm knackered but blame Bet365 for that. Feliciano Lopez vs Michael Berrer- Berrer +6.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10)- LOSS Fabio Fognini vs Milos Raonic- Tie Break in match- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- VOID Vera Dushevina vs Roberta Vinci- Over 20.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10)- LOSS
Berrer missed the handicap by a single game. The women's match lasted 20 games, so again one game out. And to add insult to injury, Fognini withdrew, but in Raonic's match there was a tie break. :wall

Finally seen the Roddick and Murray prices and have, after thought, backed them quite comfortably to do the job today. Andy Murray vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver- Under 27.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10)- LOSS Andreas Beck vs Andy Roddick- Under 31.5 games- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (5/10)- LOSS
How Roddick hasn't covered Atko's handicap and the unders for a few of us is a mystery. For the unders, he had so many oppotunities to take this final set 6-2 or better and in the f*cking end takes it 6-3, one more game than the overs. Never ever been so frustrated in such a short space of time. 3 bets out by one game. Did take a handicap with Murray in play but that barely does anything. So to start the tournament I'm on -15.00. Absolutely gutted.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon What a mess with schedule. Will do my summaries a bit later. Here's what I've got for tomorrow Rafael Nadal v Ryan Sweeting. Under 27.5 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Nadal has dropped just seven games in five sets of tennis against Sweeting in both of their previous matches. This should not be much different. Sweeting struggled against Andujar in previous round playing five sets against guy who plays only on clay. I think Rafa will have an easy win and having unders in this one. He has never lost more than 3 games in a set against Sweeting and 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 will do the job today as well. Mardy Fish -5 AH v Denis Istomin. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Going with the American in this one. Istomin is one of the lazyest people on court I've ever seen in my life. He can be really dreadful at times. No idea how he managed to get past Kohlschreiber but still that result would not convince me no to have a go with this. Fish awesome on serve and should get a break or two somewhere as Istomin is too poor player to have a perfect match. Fish to win by 5 or more. Venus Williams v Kimiko Date-Krumm. Under 18 games. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Krumm can not serve and that will be a decisive thing in this match. I can imagine Venus hammering lots of returns and with her ability to serve I think Krumm will be off the court very quickly. 6-3, 6-3 guarantees a refund.

Nicolas Almagro - Jarkko Nieminen - OVER 38.5 GAMES @5/6 Strength 7/10 BET 365 Can't see anything other than a marathon here. Nieminen simply isn't playing well enough to see off a player of Almagro's calibre in straights - and has been beaten quite handily by Almagro in their last two meetings - however Almagro struggles to put away players on grass and every victory he's had at Wimby has been a long drawn out struggle. Nieminen for me is the more established grass player here and that should bridge the slight gap in class between the two which their previous encounters indicate exists, so I can see a to-and-fro battle which covers the line.
Win

J. Isner vs N. Mahut 2.5/5pts Under 45.5 games - 5/6 with William Hill J. Ward vs M. Llodra 2.5pts J. Ward (+4.5 games) to beat M. Llodra - 10/11 with Bet365 A. Roddick vs A. Beck 4pts Under 32.5 games - 11/10 with BlueSquare
Isner did well against Mahut, coming back from some tricky situations in that last set to wrap it up in 3. Ward's 1st serve was virtually non-existent whilst Llodra's was awesome so the handicap never looked good. Roddick did enough to cover the unders despite, in my opinion, returning pretty poorly. So, 2 out of 3, which puts me at +3.98pts for the Championship. Well done to other winners :ok

Haven't been around for a while but I've got a couple of accumulators to start my wimbledon campaign. Garcia-Lopez + Tomic - 2.25 I don't think GGL is anything special but Golubev is atrocious at the moment. He's lost something like 12 in a row and I don't think he'll be able to pick things up today. For the second half, I know some people are on Davydenko but I have to oppose him. He has been poor for ages and just doesn't have any power. His forehand is terrible and he hasn't played a game on grass this season. Tomic is young but eager and his grass results have been good this year. Okay, it's challenger level but I just think he can hold his serve enough to win this today. Andreev + Mannarino - 2.10 I think Andreev is a great bet at 4/7. He's not been in brilliant form but he's been losing to decent players (Tsonga, Gasquet, Troicki) while Gabashvili has lost to some very average/poor players (Del Bonis, Cipolla) and has dropped out of the top 100. I fancy Andreev's nous to see him through. The second half is a no-brainer. Conor Niland has come through qualifying but he's almost 30 and ranked 181. Mannarino lost to Ward at Queen's but he'll have taken confidence from beating Del Potro and Simon and should win this in straight sets. Have also taken a big-serving accumulator of Isner, Karlovic, Andreev and Baltacha. Have explained Andreev, while I think Karlovic will see off a wounded Tipsarevic, whose head may drop. Isner I think is bet of the day at 1/2 against Mahut. Isner's return game is much better than it was (see FO v Nadal) and he's too good for Mahut, who is over-rated after last year. Blatacha's a risk but home advantage should see her though.
Phew! That was a close shave. The Andreev bet almost turned a brilliant day into a terrible one. I'm lucky as well that I placed my bet at coral, who pay out on withdrawals. I also followed the whole forum on the Isner/Mahut unders. Have to say, even that only just managed to sneak in. Overall 3/3 on the posts here and 4/4 in total. I'm not kidding myself though, Mannarino was a bad bet at such short odds and one player in two accumulators = bad.

Two early bets for me in the R1 matches ... - John Isner v Nicolas Mahut - Under 45.5 games @ 1.75 with Unibet 6pts I think this particular bookie is overreacting to the match last year. The 70-68 match was a freak that I can never see happening again, certainly not between these two. I can imagine Mahut probably went and smashed up a racket when he heard his draw. Could well be a tie-break somewhere but even then, 46 games is a big ask. Mahut, mentally, will not enjoy this, especially if he falls behind to Isner. The Frenchman was a totally broken man after the match last year and to be honest, he's not been very impressive since. He was poor at Queen's and s'Hertogenbosch and has been carrying an injury. Isner has also been out with a knock but has the better serve and more off the deck. The chasm between these two is quite big in the rankings and that's because Mahut's game deconstructs quicker than Isner's. Just feel with all the hype about this rematch, it could be over quicker than everyone imagines. They met at the Hopman Cup this year and Isner won 6-3 7-6 - and I'd back this one to go under what appears to me a pretty ridiculous line. - Florent Serra v Andreas Haider-Maurer - Andreas Haider-Maurer @ 1.909 with Pinnacle 5pts I think this is a nice offer on the Austrian. This brings together two men going in different directions. Serra's fallen off the tennis map for a good nine months now. His game has crumbled and away from his favourite clay, he's been abject. Lost to compatriot Walter in the qualies last week and has been beaten by lower-ranked players consistently this term. Haider-Maurer is by no means a world beater but comes here with enough form on grass to make a case for. He's an aggressive, powerful player who comes to the net and should be able to hit through the Frenchman. His rise up the rankings in the past year has been impressive and he should be, IMO, lower odds to see off a man who has done nothing of note on the Tour for a while.
GREAT SHOUT ON THESE 2 ATKO AFTER A DREADFUL WEEKEND THANKS

Had another look this morning and taken 3 in actual fact. Hoping for better results than yesterday. Xavier Malisse vs Mischa Zverev- Malisse -7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10)- WIN Somdev Devvarman vs Denis Gremelmayr- Devvarman -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- VOID John Isner vs Nicolas Mahut- Under 43.5 games- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10)- WIN
Better results there, although the luck still hasn't been favourable with Devvarman looking good with the handicap until Gremelmayr retired but just glad to have some profit to speak of. +7.63 bringing me down to -7.37. On the positive side, Troicki and Monfils both won their first round matches, so the two outrights are still on for them. Good shouts from IAG I saw, almost a full house.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Fish v Istomin Istomin to win 1st set @ 9/4 (Skybet) - 2.5pts Istomin to beat Fish @ 4/1 (Skybet) - 1pt I quite fancy Istomins chances of causing an upset tommorow against the 10th seed Fish. Istomin had a good Wimbledon last year, beating both Wawrinka and Scheuttler before losing in the 3rd round 3-2 to Berdych after being 2-1 up. He also had a good Queens last year where he took a set off Nadal in the last 16. He looked set to reach the second round back in 2009 when 2 sets up against 66th seed ranked Fognini untill he was struck with an injury. He went out in the first round at Eastbourne and Queens this year but was up against Tsonga and Del Potro. The preperation will have done him good. He comes into this match off the back of an impressive 3-1 win over Halle champion Kolschreiber. Fish on the other hand had no preperation for the grass court and had a tough match up against Granoellers. He came through in 3 sets, taking the first two sets in tie breaks. I think Istomin may prove to be a tougher challenge and this should be an interesting match where it may just be useful to back Istomin with a look at laying him later on.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Wawrinka v Bolelli Wawrinka to win 3-0 @ 21/20 (Boylesports) - 2.5pts Wawrinka is not exactly the greatest grass court player but should be too good for Bolelli who was a lucky qualifier. The Swiss is seeded 14th and came through in his first match in straight sets. The two players have met twice before and Wawrinka has won in straight sets on both occasions.

Robin Soderling vs Philipp Petzschner set betting 3-1 soderling 5/2 skybet over 37.5 games 8/11 skybet two players who can play on this surface so think it will go to a fourth set with soderling coming through against a tough opponent Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Fernando Gonzalez set betting 3-1 dolgopolov 5/2 skybet 4 sets 7/4 skybet this should go to at least a fourth set where the first three will be tight with few break points i fancy dolgopolov to win David Ferrer vs Benoit Pare set betting 3-1 ferrer 5/2 skybet this will not be a straight sets victory for either player because their record on grass is not that impressive but ferrer has been playing better this year so expect ferrer to win losing the one set
great win for soderling i had a feeling he would lose a set the next match dolgopolov had chances but a great win for gonzalez even though i predicted four sets so a mixed day but happy i got the set betting prediction right in one of the matches

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Aimed at the WTA guys here....just looked at the Cetkovska-Barrois match and I just cannot understand the odds there. Barrois is more accomplished than Cetkovska and should be much better from what I know, so to see her at 1.94 is a little bit surprising. I am definitely considering backing Barrois for higher stakes here. Any pitfalls?