** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon A. Roddick vs A. Beck 4pts Under 32.5 games - 11/10 with BlueSquare I, like Fishy, think that Roddick should come through this match easily and if he really believes he has a chance of going far in this tournmanet he should not be struggling against opponents like this. We all know the American's strengths and at Queen's he put in impressive displays against Lopez, Verdasco and Anderson to show his game is in good shape coming into this event. He was destroyed by an in-form Murray but i can't see that having too much of an effect on him, espescially against a player like this. Beck is a journeyman tennis player. He struggled in the last round of qualifying here against a player way down the rankings and has not beaten anyone of note so far this year. Infact, his biggest scalp was probably beating Mahut but he has since went on to lose to players like Sela and Dmitrov without putting up much of a fight. Roddick is a massive step up in quality for him compared to anything he has faced in a long time and i can't see him getting anywhere near his serve. Considering the way Roddick returned against Verdasco and Anderson i expect him to get plenty of brek points today and that should bring this line in if he does get it done in straight sets. Strong stake for me on this.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Murray vs Gimeno-Traver under 27.5 games $1.72 10/10 Fishy has summed this up perfectly, murray seems fully recovered after that ankle scare couple of weeks back. Andy had a terrific Queens, served outstanding was taking the ball on the rise (which is the barometer for murray) and really getting looks in on serve due to his aggresive nature. I can see murray blitz this one with a couple breaks in each set due to Gimeno Travers lack of experience on the faster courts as a typical clay courter. Looking back last year Murray started shaky but overcame Hajek 7-5 6-1 6-2, round 2 Nieminen 6-3 6-4 6-2 and Simon round3 6-1 6-4 6-4 all stronger players than Traver on the grass it wasnt until round 4 when murray didnt clear this 27game Total line. The first few rounds are pivotal to waste as little energy as humanely possible and i just see murray tearing down Traver with the new coach making him a bigger force to be reckoned with:ok

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I'm on the Murray bandwagon aswell Murray vs Gimeno-Traver UNDER 27.5 games @ 8/11 (Bet365:5pts) Can see one or possibly two fairly easy sets for Murray in this one, he has turned his form around in recent months, looked good on clay and same at Queens.Gimeno is not a player for fast surfaces, he has very little experience on grass and his serve should be under alot of pressure against Murray who is one of the best returners in the world. His forehand is probably his best shot but Murray will get loads of balls back, bring him forward and really could expose the Spaniard here. Always a little concern with Murray on these sort of lines because he can go walkabouts and against a player with a big weapon I would be wary of this sort of bet but I doubt Gimeno is capable of doing any damage. Murray in 3 good sets.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Sport Tennis
Event Riba - Haase
Selection Riba +7.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.12
Reasoning I see Riba win with this HC margin in this match. Haase is favourite here, because Pere Riba is not grasscourter, this guy born on clay surface, but have nice technique and very, very good and confident serve. Riba don't feel bad on grass surface, maybe lost this match in three sets, but I can't see fast sets for Haase, really. Haase is not TOP10 player, line is wrong. Minimum 4 games for Riba per set
---------------
Sport Tennis
Event De Schepper - Rochus
Selection De Schepper
Strength 10/10
Date 20/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.25
Reasoning I see very good value in this odds, for me this is 50/50 match. I see De Schepper in Q matches show really hot stuff at the serve, really hard to break. In last round of the Q played against very good returner Bolelli - better than Rochus for me and won this match. Why not today? Rochus is small player, don't have power on the return, De Schepper with this serve can destroy small Rochus on the serve in my opinion. Close match, 4 sets for De Schepper?

Kohlschreiber is done. Unbelievable - he rolls in Halle just to be defeated by lame Istomin in the most important tournament of the year. Is he injured or has Istomin really stepped up his game?
Doesn't appear to be anything wrong with Kohli, just a typical letdown from him....Istomin has been very bad this year so to win in 4 is a bit of a surprise although his game seems to translate to grass pretty well. Doubt he'll get past Fish in round 2.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi Guys,Its everybodies favourite tournament because

a) Everybody tries their best at Wimbledon

b) Fixing matches is difficult for the fixers, because of the media coverage around the event, not that they won’t try but you tournament is generally clean.

c) 5 sets for the guys, so no lucky wins:ok

okay a few have caught my eye

(James Ward) vs Michael llodra 2.8 William Hill

Llodra had a couple of games at eastbourne where he dispatched copmpatriot Julien and the Czech jaroslav but he has genuine injury concerns as he comes to this event after retiring against Tsonga and he will face a highly motivated and confident player.The stand out victory for James for me remains his match against Wawrinka.He totally destroyed him and wins against a poor Querey and improving Manarino for me only points to one winner.

The bookies have pulled rank given Llodra’s seeding but I expect a few people to puint on the british youngster and the price will go down.

Alek dolgopolov vs (Fernando Gonzalez) 2.36 William Hill

Another match where the bookies have gone with the seedings and rankings but the Ukrainian is in awful form. his defeat to a clay courter in Berlocq last week in straight sets too was the last straw for me and on a surface that Gonzo almost plays well in his sleep, only one winner for me. Gonzo is one of the most aesthetically pleasing players in the hardcourt season, almost as fancy as federer and if he gets his game going it could be all over for Alek. This is the kind of tournament that players returning from injury/form like to announce themselves like Goran in the past and nothing other than a straight win for Gonzo would surprise me.

Handicaps are a no go area for me in 1st rounds but I will be looking to nibble on

Negative handicaps for

Grigor Dimitrov against german qualifier Marcel Stebe,

Tsonga against Jap Soeda,

Fedex against Kukushkin,

Frank Dancevic against Ricardo Mello

Positive handicaps for

Daniel evans vs Floriam Mayer

Alejadro Falla vs Jurgen Melzer

Carlos Berlocq vs Karol Beck

I apologise no handicap lines as my bookie hasn’t put them up as yet.Full reasoning will follow once I have the handicap lines

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Really hope this works out. Just for the sake of my P/L, will mention I've taken Murray -6.5 handicap, Gimeno-Traver can't keep this up for the whole match and unforced errors should come. 7 points on the handicap.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Grigor Dimitrov -4 AH vs Cedrik-Marcel Stebe. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Dimitrov plays his best tennis on grass, he's won Wimbledon juniors few years ago and on paper this match looks like an walkover. I have absolutely no idea who on earth is Cedrik-Marcel Stebe but the whole thing sounds terribly wrong here. Seriously. He took a set off Kohlschreiber in Halle but that does not suprise me as it most likely was set up to finish in three sets as two Germans were involved in-front of the home crowd. Dimitrov decent serve and has got some nice groundies as well. Cedrik-Marcel Stebe is from different planet and a worse planet, a Challenger circuit player who should not be here at all. He rode his luck in qualies, but it will be all over this time. Dimitrov crushed him 3 and 3 last year on clay and did not face a single break point in that match, on clay... which is not his thing. I think 4 games of a handicap is a gift offer. Alona Bondarenko +5 vs Jarmila Gajdosova. 1.96 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Neither with particularly good form and I don't think we'll get a convincing winner out of this match. Gajdosova is a bit overrated in this one and I just can not see her winning by more than five games. She's better on serve but it will have to be billion unforced errors from Bondarenko for Jarka to win this by six or more games. Bondarenko on paper should hold some service games as well even if she can outhit Gajdosova in aces department. Despite being a bit silly at times, I think Bondarenko will make this a real contest. 3-6, 4-6 gives U money back in this one. Na Li vs Alla Kudryavtseva. Over 17 games. 1.80 @ Bwin (6/10) This is more against Li than backing Alla. The thing about the Chinese player is that she can be the worst enemy for herself and quite often she plays terrible matches, few of those have gone to three sets. Kudryavtseva not exactly the worst player in the world on this surface. She can play a bit herself as well and there are always some loose games by Li, so the Russian can expect some gifts. Offering just 17.5 games is asking for trouble. 6-4, 6-2 or 6-3, 6-3 will do and when you look at it, it's really not that much. Ricardo Mello vs Frank Dancevic. Over 29.5 games. 1.80 @ Bwin (5/10) This is obviously too short. Don't think either of these two can win in straight sets and even if that happens, 29.5 games looks short. Surely there has to be at least one tie-break. Dancevic all about serve and don't think he'll get much on return. Funny enough their only H2H match went to five sets, that was Davis Cup match 4 years ago, Mello won that one on clay 3-2. Albert Montanes +4.5 vs Andreas Seppi. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Seppi sky high on confidence after winning his first ATP title on Saturday but this could be a match in which he simply does not show up. It could happen very easily. Montanes not a monster on grass and any other surface other than clay but he can play some ball game. Montanes has reached 3rd round in Wimbledon last two years. He has beaten Seppi all three times they have played all be it on clay. I think Seppi is naturally overrated in this one and that is kind of unacceptable for me.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi all, got a couple of fancies on the total games for tomorrow. Apologies if descriptions are a bit half-arsed. I'll be camping out in the queue tomorrow night. Sights set on Centre Court tickets! Stepanek vs. Verdasco 4pts - Over 39.5 games @ 1.91 (Paddy Power) I reckon this is a tough one to call. Stepanek's got himself some good results in the past couple of weeks. Although his tank job against Nishikori in Eastbourne was something of an anticlimax, he seems to be in decent nick. He's sure to get under Verdasco's skin at some point during a best of five set encounter. Few would deny that the Spaniard is a bit shaky mentally and I feel Stepanek is the ideal man to exploit that fragility. He's renowned for his unorthodox style of play and ability to mix it up, making his opponents deal with a number of different angles and spins, and tends to fare well against lefties (48-19). Verdasco's superior groundies should be telling but he won't have it all his own way against a wily old campaigner like Stepanek. He ripped the Czech a new one at the Aussie Open in 2009 but was at the peak of his powers then and I don't think there's a chance of this going the same way. Their meeting at Wimbledon five years ago was a much closer match with Stepanek coming through in five. He's unlikely to repeat that feat but it won't be one-sided. Overs for me. Troicki vs. M. Gonzalez 4pts - Under 30.5 games @ 1.8 (TitanBet) Been very impressed by Troicki in recent times. His good form this year shows no signs of waning. Speaking of form, Gonzalez is having a shocker at the moment. Six consecutive defeats. I watched his match last week against Niemenen and he was really struggling with his extreme grips on the grass. Typical clay dweller. He's only ever played three professional matches on this surface and lost them all. Can't see him posing much of a threat to classy, confident Troicki. The Serb will use his big serve and forehand to dictate the match. He'll have too much firepower for Gonzalez if he plays to the standard he did in Halle. I expect him to get the job done in under 30.5 games.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Robin Soderling vs Philipp Petzschner set betting 3-1 soderling 5/2 skybet over 37.5 games 8/11 skybet two players who can play on this surface so think it will go to a fourth set with soderling coming through against a tough opponent Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Fernando Gonzalez set betting 3-1 dolgopolov 5/2 skybet 4 sets 7/4 skybet this should go to at least a fourth set where the first three will be tight with few break points i fancy dolgopolov to win David Ferrer vs Benoit Pare set betting 3-1 ferrer 5/2 skybet this will not be a straight sets victory for either player because their record on grass is not that impressive but ferrer has been playing better this year so expect ferrer to win losing the one set

Sport Tennis
Event Baghdatis - Blake
Selection Baghdatis -2.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.45
Reasoning Clear preview for this match. Baghdatis is TOP30 level, Blake is out of TOP100 level. Baghdatis in last season won 6-2, 6-4 on fast Rotterdam court. Baghdatis feel great on grass, in last weekend play very good tournament in Hertogensboch(SF). Blake without practise, first match on grass in 2011. Blake in last two Wimbledon's in a row losing 0:3, against Hasse and Seppi. Baggy 3:0
-----------
Sport Tennis
Event Andreev - Gabashvili
Selection Andreev -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.39
Reasoning In this match one set is maximum for Gabashvili.. Igor is world number 78, but real level in this moment is TOP50 in my opinion. Gabashvili is number 142 and is not TOP100 level at this moment. Andreev have better serve than Gabashvili, this is really important on grass. Andreev have better career balance on this surface, Gabashvili have only 4 wins in 14 matches.. 3-0, 3-1 for Kirilenko boyfriend
------------
Sport Tennis
Event Davydenko - Tomic
Selection Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.50
Reasoning When I don't see odds I thinking about 1.50 on the Davydenko and maybe about HC to play.. I open Pinnacle and I see 2.50, what a joke. Wrong fav.. Davydenko is world number 28, guy with big experience and motivation to back to the TOP20, can do it after Wimbledon because don't have too many points to defend, in last season lost in second round. Tomic is young guy, without experience. Never been in TOP100, I can't image Tomic win against Davydenko in this moment, in future yes, today no. Big Value.
------------
port Tennis
Event HaiderMaurer - Serra
Selection Haider Maurer -1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.65
Reasoning I see 3:0 or 3:1 for Andreas Haider-Maurer in this game. Haider Maurer is world number 83 in this moment and can be better and better in next month, potential TOP50.. Serra is old, 81', in this moment out of TOP100 and I not see too many chances to back for TOP100, really. Serra in last week in Hertogensboch Q lost against out of TOP200 Walter in three sets.. H-M too played in Hertogensboch, lost against finalist Dodig.
----------
Sport Tennis
Event Giorgi - Pironkova
Selection Giorgi
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.11
Reasoning I see more chances than bookies in this match for Camila Giorgi. Giorgi is young, gifted girl from Italy, 91'. In this moment is 172 on the world, but after Wimbledon make progress. In next month, maybe two be TOP100 player.. Strong serve and powerfull forehand. Pironkova is TOP40, but this girl defending SF from last year here, if lose this match out of TOP100.. You understand me? In this moment Pironkova is out of TOP100 level, without any form. Odds are too high on Giorgi!
-------------
Sport Tennis
Event Parra Santonja - Wozniacki
Selection Parra Santonja +7.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning For me this line is too high, Santonja can do it. Wozniacki off course win this match, but.. This is first match on grass surface for this girl in this season, can be hard. Grass is not the best Caroline surface, career balance 16-7.. Parra-Santonja is not bad player at grass, have experience on this surface, career balance 19-16. In last two weeks - Birmingham and Eastbourne - show nice skills and stable serve. Parra Santonja can win here minimum 5 games, I believe it.
----------
Sport Tennis
Event Sharapova - Chakvetadze
Selection Sharapova -8.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.00
Reasoning Very value option in my opinion, Sharapova can destroy Chakvetadze. Odds are beautiful like Maria. Sharapova is one of the biggest favourite to take title here, great form at Roland Garros, here can play better, in past made title in Wimbledon, want repeat it. Don't want concended too many energy in first round and win after fast match. Chakvetadze is out of tennis on the highest level, injruy problems all time. In last week back on track and lost at grass against claycourter Lino 6-4, 6-1.. In last season in Wimbledon lost against Seren Williams 6-1, 6-0.. Sharapova in two fast sets!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Andreev - Gabashvili Pick: Andreev Igor Andreev is much better player then Teimuraz Gabashvili, specially at the moment. While Andreev is on 79-th place with 630 ATP points, Gabashvili is on 129-th place with 441 ATP points. Both players are from Russia, so there is no chance Gabashvili to surprise Andreev as both know each other very well. The main reason for my pick is Gabashvili's bad form in this season. He was participating on five tournaments and he has just two victories. Both victories were reached on the last tournament, in Hertogenbosch in Netherlands where he beat Kravchuk and Marti. On every other tournament he was eliminate in the first round. Even more, he didn't win a single set. Here are the results: Madrid, qualifications: 30.04.2011. Gabashvili, Teimuraz vs. Cipolla, Flavio 0:2 (2:6, 5:7) Roma, qualifications: 07.05.2011. Gabashvili, Teimuraz vs. Del Bonis, Federico 0:2 (4:6, 1:6) Nice, first round 17.05.2011. Gabashvili, Teimuraz vs. Stakhovsky, Sergiy 0:2 (6:7, 3:6) Roland Garros, Pariz, first round 22.05.2011. Gabashvili, Teimuraz vs. Seppi, Andreas 0:3 (3:6, 5:7, 5:7) I expect another defeat for Gabashvili on Wimbledon.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Got an army of bets for day 2 of Wimbledon. Let's hope the rain stays off ... - Jo Wilfried-Tsonga -8.5 games (v Go Soeda) @ 2.07 with Pinnacle modest stakes Massive gulf in quality between these two players. Soeda is most comfortable in Asia on a hard court and has very limited grass experience. Comes here as a lucky loser after dropping out of the qualies to Lacko. Only Tour match this year on the green stuff was a crushing defeat to Stepanek. I expect Tsonga to be a lot more focused and motivated in comparison to Eastbourne after some rest. His big serve and power game are suited to this surface, and showed his credentials at Queen's a few weeks ago, making the final. He ought to have far too much for his Japanese opponent in this one. - Andy Roddick -7.5 games (v Andreas Beck) @ 1.98 with 12bet modest stakes I doubt I'll be backing Roddick much in this event, as his powers have definitely waned and he's not the force of old. In saying that, however, he's got a very pallatable R1 tie against Beck. The German's career has been cruelly crippled by injury and he appears to have lost all form and confidence since then. He does possess a big serve but it can go walkabout too often, and he's nothing special in other departments of his game. He came through the qualies but wasn't at all convincing against Zopp, and I don't see him getting too many chances here. Roddick won't hang about today, he's a day behind his main contenders already, and will want to get the job done. Low line, IMO, considering where Beck is right now. - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (v Andrey Golubev) x Grigor Dimitrov (v Cedric-Marcel Stebe) @ 2.02 with Stan James modest stakes Garcia-Lopez and Golubev are messy players, but Golubev's in such dismal form right now that I just can't see him getting through this. He's only won a couple of matches all year and is in just terrible form. He evidently has potential but is low on morale and can't get wins. Garcia-Lopez is another lazy yet talented player, who can go AWOL but still get the job done. This appears that sort of match. He's one of the better Spanish grass courters despite losing to Devvarman in Eastbourne. He has more off the deck than the Kazakh and considering Golubev's form, it seems natural to oppose him. Psycho has done a nice review of the Dimitrov-Stebe match and I concur with everything he says. Only thing putting me off the line is the price, and the fact that Stebe has a big serve. However, off the deck, Dimitrov should be too strong, especially considering his win over the German on clay last year. Grass is a surface that suits the Bulgarian and he won a few nice matches (Anderson, for example) last week. Should be too strong in this one. - Kei Nishikori (v Lleyton Hewitt) @ 2.05 with 188bet modest stakes Really didn't want to place this bet, as I have a soft spot for Hewitt, but I think his time is up. He looked frail and weak against Rochus last week and there's no guarantees he'll come here fit. He might have eked out a win had he been playing someone poorer, but Nishikori's a good grass court player and will like this match-up because Hewitt is as weak on serve as he is. The Japanese got to the semis of Eastbourne last week and has a nice game suited to this surface. Over five sets, I feel he's got the beating of Hewitt, and I'm surprised by the odds drift against him. Hewitt will be desperate to win this one but his body is against him, and Nishikori has the tools to down him. I reckon he'll do so. - Marcos Baghdatis -6.5 games (v James Blake) @ 1.893 with Pinnacle modest stakes Blake is another man who is over the hill; the difference is, he is well passed his sell-by date. I'm surprised he's here considering he didn't play any warm-up events and has a grotesque record at Wimbledon anyway. His Cypriot opponent has not impressed in recent months but on the big stage, I reckon we'll see a performance from him. He snatched back a semblance of form at s'Hertogenbosch last week and hopefully can kick on from there. Blake's wins have come against players ranked well beneath him in recent times and there is no suggestion that he has it in him anymore to compete with the better players on Tour. Thought this line would be lower and expect Baghdatis to do this with something to spare. - Alexandr Dolgopolov -6.5 games (v Fernando Gonzalez) @ 1.943 with Pinnacle modest stakes Very similar case to Blake here with Gonzalez. The Chilean has just not got the stamina to compete with a seed at this event - he'll have to show immense powers to do so. Dolgopolov is a nasty match-up because he'll throw in drop-shots and generally make life extremely uncomfortable for him. Dolgopolov is another who is throwing in poor results in the lower events but in the big ones, he appears a lot more focused. His past results show he is capable on grass, and he is far fitter and match-sharp than Gonzalez. The Chilean of old would have a superb chance of running the Ukrainian close but in his current shape, I think it'll be very difficult for him to do so, especially with limited prep on grass.

Sport Tennis
Event Stepanek vs. Verdasco
Selection Stepanek (-3.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.25
Reasoning Well, this will going to be a game quite difficult for both players. As a player, Frenando Verdasco possess without any doubts better qualities but if we take a look to his form from 2011 then things change a lot. Verdasco didn't impressed at all in 2011, his form hasn't been good at all, when he is on court the are so visible his so often periods of lack of concentration. On the other hand, Radek Stepanek is a player who can play some nice tennis on grass, his attempts at the net have some good effect on this surface. Stepanek is the player who has been clear much more stbale on his serve so far if to compare with Verdasco's record from this point of view. As I have mentionated Verdasco is a greta player who possess much better qualities than Stepanek, but as long as he is still continue to play so unstable he will always be in trouble. Of course that this could be Verdasco's day, but in tennis much more important are the stability and form than the pure talent which can nothing to do without a good form. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon you gotta love Tennis expert and his predictions.:lol:lol:lol 10/10 for Davydenko.I wouldnt do that even if he was playimng Jill Crybas. what I do love about TE(tennis expert) is he does make you aware of the bookie mistakes and I definitely concur on Parra Santonja and Sharapova handicaps. Hope its a good day folks.There havnyt been too many upsets if you played the outrights albiet for low odds but if you combine them well in an accumulator they come nicely. handicaps,unders/overs are always dangerour in round one.I just feel this SW19 will bring more profit than losses. GL:hope

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Karol Beck vs (carlos Berlocq) 3.0 william Hill

Bet of the day in my opinion along with James ward. This is a match between one player in awful form (read Beck) against another who hopes to make his name on the European tour. yes carlos is predominantly a clay courter but he has Nalbandian to look up to and he might just be taking that crucial steop up this season.some may dismiss his win against a poor Dolgopolov as a fluke last week but this guy has also handed out beatings to Gulbis in the hard court season and has lost close matches to players like Berdych, and Rochus.

Look at what Beck has done all season, absolute trash, he hardly has any breaks of serve all season struggling to win more than 2 games against the likes of Anderson losing to an awful Rasol and only 2 wins against Soeda and Dabul who almost beat him.

This could end quickly and I have faith Carlos will bring it home

:hope