BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2.10 Lingfield - Qadar - 13/2 SJ Really fancy this one tomorrow, managed to get on at 7/1 earlier with Bet365 just missing out on 8's. Alan Mccabe has got his string in fine form and he readied this one very well for his return to England last time out. Really impressed with the way he won last time out and think the price is massive, would be clear favourite in my book. Travelled sweetly, still on the bridle after the home bend and given a few tugs to quicken up well into the lead and win a shade cosily. A 5lb rise for that is more than fair and i think there's more to come from this one, a lot of these look handicapped out of this and their recent wins coming in class 6 company. Already been money tonight for this one, more tomorrow will be interesting especially with this yard.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Single 26 Feb 2011 - 3:00 Kempton - Win Best Odds Guaranteed! Bakbenscher @ 9/1 Stake : £1.00 placed with will hill the sportinglifes pick for this race Bakbenscher can grab top spot here at a very nice price,with 7 wins from 15 starts,the last one being less than 2 weeks ago over the same distance and carrying 7lb more than saturdays weight it should be there or there abouts:hope 1 pt win @ 9/1 bog

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 3:15 Newcastle: Belon Gale 1pt win 5/1 Ladbrokes With Howard Johnson having such a poor record in this race, it would be easy to be put off Belon Gale. However, when Belon Gale gets to the course his form reads very well indeed and he should go well here. Last time out he won over four miles on heavy at Hexham beating Camden George by eight lengths. Previously, he was only just beaten by the ill fated Money Trix who was very smart on his day. With scope for improvement Belon Gale could finally open his trainer's account in this race.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 :rollinQuinz - 3.00 Kempton - He is currently trading at 8-1 on Betfair and i think that is serious e/w value as i feel absolutely certain he'll finish in the first 3 and i reckon he's good enough to win. I've watched all his races today and He is a fantastic jumper, actually one of the best jumpers in the novice ranks in my opinion, which is very important in this race. Nacarat's main asset is his jumping and he looks sure to go well for a third year in a row. Quinz has to carry 11st which may seem like a lot on what he has achieved though he is a very big horse and looks the type that would carry any weight easily enough. I thought they made far too much use of him at cheltenham the last day, which set the race up for Time for Rupert. He was a well beaten 3rd that day after not quite getting home, though if you watch the closing stages again when Dickie Johnson knew he was beaten he eased of him completely and probably would have been a lot closer to 2nd had he not. Being a flat track(in comparison to cheltenham) Kempton looks sure to suit and he is guaranteed to stay the 3 miles having won twice over the distance going right handed. The ground tomorrow is forecast as good to soft which should be near enough his ideal going. Philip Hobbs has this lad entered in the national and he looks the type that could run that close in a year or two (Is a very similar type of horse in my opinion to big fella thanks who finished 3rd in a better renewal of this race two years ago). Of the opposition Fistral beach and Nacarat look the dangers. I'm not convinced by Fistral beach as to me he does not jump well enough. I backed him in this race last year where he fell, and putting that down to a once off i backed him nto, where he jumped terribly and was beaten a long way by Prince De Beauchanene. They claim to have sorted some of his problems out with a wind op but i don't see that improving his jumping enough to win this. Nacarat is nearly impossible to rule out and has been in very good form this season though i can't help feeling that if he was going to win this race twice, then he missed his chance last season as only 1 horse has won this race twice in the last 20 years, Docklands Express and he did it in consecutive years. I was quite sweet on Bakbenscher earlier this week but after watching some of his races I don't think he'll be able to cope with the pace Nacarat will set and his jumping will suffer as a result. The ground and the fact that his last run was only 13 days ago are also negatives. This trip looks to long for Hey Big Spender and he seems better in a smaller field and also has a lot of weight. So with his 4 main rivals ruled out (sort of!) i can see Quinz sitting just off the pace behind Nacarat and Hey Big Spender before pressing on 3 to stretch the field out. I have to admit that i'm slightly worried that something down the weights could collar him close home but for me he is a confident shout to win (or at least be in the first 3!) 8/1 win-15/2 w/hill

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2:10 Lingfield - Nubar Boy - 1pts @ 11/1 (VC - BOG) He'll need some luck in running but this speedy 4 year old has the ability to go close here for the David Evans/Jamie Spencer combination. Nubar Boy is a hard one to win with, as his 2 wins & 31 start record would suggest. However, he's running well of late and has made eye catching headway on 2 of his last 3 runs, suggesting a win may not be too far away if he gets the breaks. He has form to overturn with a few of these but he's 5lbs better off with Qadar for a 1.5 length defeat last time out, when coming with a late charge to come a respectable 3rd. There seems to be plenty of pressers in the field, with Waabel the most likely front runner, assuming he can get over from his wide draw. Rio Royal is another one who could force the pace, and he's much better drawn in stall 4, so if he does, I'm hopeful that they'll go a decent pace up front and set it up for a fast finisher, preferably my selection! The booking of Jamie Spencer is interesting and he was on board last time out also, producing a late run as usual, but to no avail. Spencer's always a bit of a hit and miss character whenever I back him, but on his day he's a top notch jockey. I always like jockeys having experience on their mounts and Spencer should know more about this quirky animal after having his first run on him last time out. Spencer has a fine 15% strike rate for David Evans and a 20% SR around Lingfield, which is impressive. Evans' yard are in good knick of late and although he has 2 runners in this race, I'd imagine that Nubar Boy is the first choice. He's potentially well handicapped, highly suited to C&D and has a top jockey on board. I think 11/1 is overstating his chances and I marked him down as a 15/2 shot. He's an awkward horse but one with decent ability on his day, so if everything fell right in running, he'll be sure to have a chance. Small/medium stakes.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 3.00 Kempton Don't usually duplicate someone elses tip but I cant get away from Quinz. Looks to have a really great chance in this after finding it tough around Cheltenham lto. I agree wiith Beaker about Johnson easing the horse once he knew it was beaten which is someting he usually always does( not so good if you pick him in a placepot) but around this easier track and with the excellent jumping he must go very close on ground he loves. 1 Pt win 8/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Some great Saturday racing again today. I'll go with breeding today and a jockey and trainer combo i've always been a massive fan of. He could be anything but his breeding says it all sure its a very tough bumper race but Collin will have him fit. He's a 4yr old bay gelding by Kings Theatre and from what i hear they have a wee soft spot for him already, i cant see him getting a tough time in this race and he might be worth noting for next Saturday at Doncaster, however i'll take a wee punt on him today, he might give some of the more fancied ones a wee fright. Kempton Park - 5:15 Ivor's King 0.5 e/w bet 25/1 Bet365 Go Go Joe.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2.40 lingfield I backed MONSTER MUNCHIE last time at 10/1 on his debut for William Knight as I wanted to take on the well backed Scottish Star of James Eustace's yard. The latter landed the gamble but the munchie ran a monster race on his debut and stayed on well from off the pace. Shaped as if this longer trip would be idea. 15/8 b365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2.10 Lingfield: Nubar Boy 1pt win @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG Looks to be plenty of pace on here which should suit this hold-up performer, Drawn in one which is far from ideal but if getting the breaks could go very close if getting the breaks in a tight looking handicap.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2:15 Newcastle - WASHINGTON IRVING @ 9/1 e-w Bet365 I think WASHINGTON IRVING was a previous bbotd of mine lto and was dissapointing but is worth another chance here. He has decent form on heavy and the drop back in trip should suit as he didn't find much over further last time in the last few furlongs. Also dropped 2 lb in the handicap and a jockey claiming 7 lb should make things abit easier, he did like a decent sort on his win in 09 and when 2nd after that but not shown much since, hopefully can put it all in today.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2:25 Kempton - Captain Chris - Back Seems to have contracted seconditis recently, with 4 near misses. He looks, however, to have been found a wonderful opportunity here to return to the winner's enclosure. The withdrawal of Kerada is a huge plus as he would have been a huge threat. That leaves just 2 rivals to beat. Whist the smal field can often go against an odds on fave tactically, this race looks unikely to be like that as Adams Island is amost certain to take them along at a good pace. That should suit Captain Chris, and as long he makes no errors at his fances, he should prove to be in a different league to American Trilogy who probably won't want to win today as it would bust his mark for the Cheltenham handicaps 1pt win @ 2/5 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 At Newcastle the 2.45 is tricky because Battle Group almost refused to race last time but has the best form, a double penalty wont help either but theres no doubting his ability. Yurok will be the fav but want that impressive last time and wouldnt be happy about taking a short price. I think its worth risking Battle Group in this company at the prices, he will either win or refuse to run and thats built in the price I think. Bet; 245 New: Battle Group 1pt (9/2 VCBet)

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2:10 Waterloo Dock @ Lingfield - Been in quite good form and all career wins have came here at Lingfield.Finished three quarters of a length behind todays favourite in January and is only 2lb higher where as Arctic Lynx is now off 5lb higher. 0.5 pt E/W @ 28/1 Coral

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Hi, I haven't posted for a while. My money is on the 4.15 Navan - Tharawaat (IRE). I backed this horse at Down Royal, and it was running on nicely. With similar ground today. The obvious danger is Western Charmer although when watching the replays of its races I feel it will struggle getting the distance in the heavy ground, So i'm on Tharawaat @ around even money which I feel is good value in a 3 runner affair.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Lingfield 2.40 - Jacobs Sun 1 pts win @ 9/4 with Hills Has been close a number of times without getting his head in front (second the last 4 runs) I don't think he's for giving up on just yet so will give him a chance today. If handling the trip can't see why he won't be involved.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 2:15 Newcastle Washington Irving 1pt win - 9/1 (Skybet) Think with the 7lb claimer he is supremely well handicapped off 123. His last three races have all been in very hot contests, this is by far the easiest he's faced for a while, which shows the regard he's held in. His form with Bygones of Brid is looking strong now too. Johnson in good form also. Return to two miles will suit and heavy ground won't be a problem either.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Lingfield 4.55pm 'Follow the Flag' 25/1 (ladbrokes) Today's fav 'Titan Triumph' finished slightly ahead in a bunched finish last time out, but Callan takes over from a 7lb claiming female and this is available at 25s to the favourites 7/2? Mahooosive price difference, looks value. Callan also stepping off the much lower in the betting 'April Fool' to ride this 'outsider'. Looks interesting to say the least. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Ling 2.10 - Speak The truth - ew at 20/1 BOG with Bet365 This is the final of this 'sprint series' Speak the Truth has run in a few of the qualifiers and generally placed 3rd or 4th The ones that have been winning them have gone up in the weights 5 or 6 lbs whereas Speak The truth has been dropped 3 lbs since last time These races are usually bunch finishes with heads and noses so a nice little turnaround in the weights could help him Drawn wide - usually considered a 'bad thing' but I'm not too sure in these big field sprints. My current theory is that the downhill section and tight home turn here leads to bunching on the rail side and something a bit wider can get a good clear run !..............fingers crossed.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 Razor Royale 3.00 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. Disappointing recently, but probably been running with this in mind and gets in off a mark of 142, which gives him every chance if finding his form. The trip and ground hold no concerns & I feel a big run is on the cards, especially with many having questions to answer regarding weight, trip and ground. I'll take the 12/1 with Blue Square.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 BALLYFOY 3.15 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way. Races off a mark of 129, handles heavy ground, stays the distance well, jumps well most of the time & appears to always give his all. With that and being around the 10s mark on the exchanges, he's well worth a bet. I will have some of the 8s with William Him for comp purposes.

Re: BBOTD 26th Febuary 2011 4.20 Lingfield Layline @ 4/1 Stan James Gay Kelleway's gelding set himself up for winning last time out over this course and distance with 2 good runs in hot races, and he did it well enough at Lingfield, recording a 3rd successive good speed figure. Travelled well that way, and I think there's a touch more to come. Races off 91 which is lenient IMO, and will make that hcap mark look generous again today. WIN