International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March England v Ghana - 2pts England -1 H'cap @ 11/5 Paddy Power Personally feel people are getting this wrong, yes I know they're resting the likes of Terry, Cole, Rooney but I'm not sure how interested those players would be anyway. I think this is what we should do in friendlies, bring in players who are eager to put the shirt on and let them do their thing. The players coming in show their quality week in week out in a league which is full of talent and I'd expect a good performance here, more so because of the team they are putting out. Ghana are a capable side, they showed that at the WC but I just think the price has risen to high and is worth a couple of points.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International friendles 29 march

Rep. Ireland - Uruguay Uruguay = 0 (1.80) bet365 John Trappattoni announced that for the friendly match against Uruguay will crowd out the following team players Robbie Keane, Richard Dunne, Kevin Kilbane, Damien Duff and Kevin Doyle injured. While in Uruguay will also include Cavani. I think a victory for the visiting team saw many absences in the home team. :hope:hope:hope
Understand what you're saying tott, but it may be a little hasty to support a Uraguayan team that has lost their last two games. 2-0 defeat to Estonia is pretty bad for a World Cup semi-finalist. I would look at the Uraguayan desire here. As far as Ireland are concerned, obviously a weakened side, however Trappatoni is a good motivator. You may well see a workman like performance here from Ireland, and with the home support may just win the day against Uraguayan side clearly showing a lack of interest at present. Ireland 19/10 b365

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March England matches are always pretty hard to call, especially friendlies against 'fair' opposition. Like Spooner says, the fringe players should be doing all they can to try and push themselves into the starting line-up for competitive matches. As this is England, I wouldn't be surprised if they went out to get a goal and they just try and keep the ball and not concede, just like they did against Wales after taking a two goal lead. I think I'm going to avoid this one, personally. Good luck to those betting on it :hope

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March Ghana +0.75 @1.875 (b365) Ghana take this game seriously and they have a very capable team, who even did a tad better than England in the last WC. As for England, they don't seem to care that much about this friendly game, as several key players already went back to their club. Their victory vs Wales wasn't particularly convincing to me, and I'm happy to pick Ghana plus handicap at a good price.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March I think Ghana are the perfect opponents to blood new players in. We are more likely to get turned over by one of the big boys in a friendlyu situation. You to have to look at the players coming in, and then put compare that to the outgoing players also. These outgoing players are the same players that performed so poorly at the WC.....so, for me, as an Englander I think it's great to see the likes of Rooney, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard and Cole ousted. There are opportunites now for certain players to stake a claim for a first team place. I'd say Scott Parker for instance has played himself into Fabio Capello's thinking, and should now be looking at replacing Gerrard longer term. Darren Bent as well seems to be getting a good run of games. There is definitely a lot more room for optimism, added to a slight dash of freshness within the squad. I think we still have enough to win tonight. Hopefull Andy Carroll leading the line will provide us with the added physical presence that wasn't needed against Wales, but will be neccessary against Ghana. If the price continues to rise, it's worth it imo. The other one that interest me is Ireland on a + 0.25. Despite the state of the pitch in Estonia, I can't be having a side that lost 2-0 over there, as favourites away in Ireland. Too much is made out of the fact they got through to the WC semi's. You have to put that into context, as it was a knock out tournament, where they faced various sides of differing abilities. + 0.25 is available at 1.90, and I think the Irish should be good enough for a point.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March Qatar vs Russia- under 2.5 goals, 1.7 with BlueSquare. Both sides are defensive, with 65% of Qatar's games and 68% of Russia's going under 2.5 goals in the last 3 years. More importantly, this is a friendly no doubt arranged for diplomatic/political reasons which the Russian side would rather not play. They played out a tiring draw in Armenia at the weekend, and the last thing they would want is another game and more travelling, especially with important club games coming up at the weekend. So for these reasons I can see a lacklustre game and under 2.5 goals. Unless there's something I'm missing the chances of this happening surely must be over 58.8%, which is the implied probability from BlueSquare's odds.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March Lithuania - Spain Under 2.5 1.8@triobet! 6/10! It's not clear yet that the game will start at 21.45 local time, because of the very bad pitch situation. The grass is terible, if i can call that grass. First game ended 3:1 to spain. Lithuania like to play defensive football specially against top class teams, well the reason simple you can't play with top teams open football, because you'll get smashed. I believe that if the game will start in evening it probably will go an under + pitch is so bad that leaves Spain question to play little bit other type of football with long balls etc. 1.8 on under looks pretty good.

Understand what you're saying tott' date=' but it may be a little hasty to support a Uraguayan team that has lost their last two games. 2-0 defeat to Estonia is pretty bad for a World Cup semi-finalist. I would look at the Uraguayan desire here. As far as Ireland are concerned, obviously a weakened side, however Trappatoni is a good motivator. You may well see a workman like performance here from Ireland, and with the home support may just win the day against Uraguayan side clearly showing a lack of interest at present. Ireland 19/10 b365[/quote'] Hmm, all things considered and given who is out for Ireland, I have got to side with Totti on this one. Both the sides are weak but with the draw cover, I am going to side with Uruguay. Pity the odds have shifted and I am way too late to bet on this now. Best of luck to both of you.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March Italy fortunate in Ukraine, the hosts struck a post after just a minute and then have become dangerous with shots from outside, playing on the counterattack and Italy took the lead on a rebound

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March

Germany v Australia - Germany HT/Germany FT @ Evens - Paddy Power 10pts Joachim Low is likely to shuffle his pack from the 4-0 thrashing of Kazakhstan. Philipp Lahm and Real Madrid midfielders Mesut Özil and Sami Khedira have been given the night off and been excluded from the squad altogether which gives many of the next generation a taster. The Dortmund quartet of Mario Götze, Mats Hummels, Marcel Schmelzer and Sven Bender are all set for a start after an impressive season in the Bundesliga. Dortmund’s style of quick turnovers and frightening counterattacks will be on show again against an ageing Australia side that will be chasing shadows for the majority of the night. Australia are expected to name the same side that lost to Japan in the Asian Cup final in January, minus Tim Cahill. The Australia coach Osieck has already stated he is expecting a tough game and I think the Germans will prove way too strong for the Aussies. They beat Australia 4-0 in the 2010 World Cup, I wouldn’t be too surprised if we saw a similar scoreline.
1-0 HT/1-2 FT. It was all going so well until Germany decided to give the Aussies a soft soft goal and then a stupid penalty, which didn't look like a penalty if I am honest. Fair play to Australia though! Teaches me to bet on Friendlies :tongue2

France-Croatia Under 2 AH @2.1 (b365) Again, I don't believe in France attacking power (whatever you call it), and Croatia are no pushovers. I think the 0-0 looks likely, but any side could score one eg. on some FK or corner, so I like this Asian goal line which covers all cases, in addition to 2-0/0-2. See the thread of previous France game (last Friday) for more reasoning ;) Relatively small stakes ("relatively" is the word of the day for me lol).
0-0 :beer
Ghana +0.75 @1.875 (b365) Ghana take this game seriously and they have a very capable team, who even did a tad better than England in the last WC. As for England, they don't seem to care that much about this friendly game, as several key players already went back to their club. Their victory vs Wales wasn't particularly convincing to me, and I'm happy to pick Ghana plus handicap at a good price.
1-1 :beer

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March USA -1/[email protected] at Pinnacle 6/10 USA Obtain a 1-1 draw against Argentina, match where they relay on their european based players, reinforce by MLS players FW Landon Donovan and FW J. Agudelo, who make the goal that draw the match. It is expected that young Agudelo will make the starting lineup for this match as he provides many qualities to the team. In the pre-match conference coach Bradley stated that there will be changes, still not determine how many. From their last 6 friendly matches the team just lost once, against Brazil 0-2, and just won once against South Africa 1-0, but has draw the rest, Poland, Colombia, Chile, Argentina. Last two draws has been against powerful South American sides. Coach Bradley uses a traditional 4-4-2 scheme as display on the second half against Argentina, as in the first time test a 4-5-1 that didn't deliver the desire result. The team main concern is not getting goals and is focus on their defense, and then counterattacking with the speed of their players. Paraguay Paraguay continues their preparation for Conmebol America Cup, which has been their only friendly this year was a defeat 3-1 against a Mexico side that will also compete in America Cup but with a U-22 side. Previous to that close last year with 2 victories 0-2 against New Zealand and 0-7 against Hong Kong. The team showed defensive problems but still where able to score at least a goal when the match was ending by MF C. Riveros. The team played with their main defenders, Paulo Da Silva, and Dario Veron. Infront the team played with Edgar Benitez and Lucas Barrios, I expect that Oscar Cardozo takes Edgar Benitez position and the team display a more offensive side. Still no official word has been obtained. Paraguay has just defeated United States once, it was in 2007 America Cup, where United States field a team with youth players and lost 3-1, but this time USA brings their best players. Match A tough and competed match is expected with United States focusing on defense and from there counterattack, meanwhile Paraguay needs to bounce and will look to dominate the match. Prediction The draw seems the most likely scenario as it is a friendly, still United States has raised their level last decade and their youth players are showing their quality. Both teams will have changes since last match two days ago, I expect the speed in counterattacks and endurance of the United States will be the key in this match.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March Costa Rica +1 1/[email protected] at Bet365 6/10 Costa Rica Second match of Costa Rica on their new National Stadium (part funded by Chinese Government) and why the stadium was inaugurated with a match against China, that end 2-2, that after Costa Rica was leading 2-0 before the half time. Also in their match against Venezuela, the team had the lead twice and concede the draw twice. Costa Rica with coach Ricardo Antonio Lavolpe has started to play with a 3-5-2 system, than can change to a 5-3-2 if needed to defend and don't allow goals. The ball possesion is key to be able to create any chance of playmaking. Which has yield good results as the qualification to Gold Cup as they end second place of the Centroamericana Cup 2011 in past January, just lossing in the finals against Honduras. That has been their only defeat this year, obtaining 2 victories and 3 draws. Argentina This year the team had won all their friendlies (2-1 Portugal, 4-1 Venezuela) until last one, where they draw 1-1 against United States, which wasn't the expected result for the albiceleste, but one that showed the level of improvement United States have accomplished. Many changes are expected on the Argentina side, bringing youth and speed to the team, as experience players as Javier Zanetti, Burdisso, Cambiasso among other will be on the sideline. Providing an Argentina side that to my view will be more dynamic and creative, with many players having the possibility of making their debut in this cycle, as DF Angeleri, DF Garay, DF Otamendi, as well as FW Gaitan. It will not be a field trip for Argentina and will be a tough match, with a disputed middlefield and a constant come and go of the ball. FW Lionel Messi will not be on the starting lineup if there is a chance of injury, which seems the most likely scenario, therefore Angel Di María will take his position on the field. Match A match where the possesion of the ball will be the key. The referee of the match will be Marco Antonio Rodriguez that is key as he is very strict and enforces the rules of the game to the maximum, an expelled player wouldn't be rare. Prediction Costa Rica part as the underdog due to the cache that Argentina posses and the diffence in level in FIFA ranking, but I consider the match will be intense and disputed, coach Ricardo Antonio Lavolpe knows how to encounter them as showed with Mexico in the past, where they dominate Argentina team, where posssesion was the key. I see the +1 1/4 AH for Costa Rica on home, in a match where Leo Messi couldn't play as the option, but a lot of offensive power from Argentina.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March Mexico [email protected] at Pinnacle 8/10 Friendly match that both national teams are using it as preparation for the America Cup. Their last match between them was on October 12, 2010 in Olímpico Benito Juarez. Mexico Won 3-1 against Paraguay, where players like MF Guardado (1 goal), MF Pablo Barrera (1 assit) and FW Javier "Chicarito" Hernandez (2 goals) have been key to the good display of football that Mexico deliver against Venezuela, all of them playing in Europe. For this match changes are expected as GK Guillermo Ochoa, DF Hector Moreno, FW/MF Giovanni Dos Santos and FW Carlos Vela are expected to be on the starting lineup as in the match against Paraguay where on the bench, this could change the playing of the team, but a good level should be maintained. FW Javier "Chicarito" Hernandez should be on the lineup and could be the scorer of Mexico (as in last match against Paraguay, and last encounter against Venezuela), but don't expect him to play the full match as from England have come reports that Manchester United coach, Alex Ferguson, is concern of his tiredness. MF Guardo could just play 45 minutes as his club Deportivo la Coruña has stated that he has played more than what was agreed. Coach Jose Manuel de la Torre has won both matches he has directed with the national team, 2-0 against Bosnia and Herzegovina at Georgia Dome, and 3-1 against Paraguay at Oakland. Remarks the team has just allowed 1 goal in both matches, wich shows good defensive as was expected from coach de la Torre, and the most positive has been the offensive efficiency scoring at least 2 goals in every match. Mexico will feel at home as is playing at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego where Mexicans will be the majority on the stands. Venezuela Beat 2-0 Jamaica to claim their first victory of 2011, as before had lost 4-1 to Argentina and draw in home 2-2 to Costa Rica. The victory against Jamaica give them a good feeling for this match. Last match against Mexico, FW Juan Arango make both goals from free kicks, but this time the player wasn't called to the national team. Also Venezuela was with 10 players since minute '24. For this match. In 6 friendly matches Venezuela haven't been able to beat Mexico, just once the team didn't loss and was in last October with a 2-2 draw. The team make a long journey from the other side of the continent and with flights that provide a lot of stops and it was a very hard journey. Match Mexico should dominate the ball control and be offensive like against Paraguay. The sideline and the ball control will be the main arguments, but also taking care of the defense as coach de la Torre showed that in his time with Toluca. Venezuela could be defensive and relay on counterattacks but that could be very risky. Prediction Mexico has showed that with coach Jose Manuel de la Torre that their play-making is effective and their defense can hold, for this match returns to the GK position Memo Ochoa, and shouldn't have problems there, with a top form "Chicarito" Hernandez the offensive power is strong, let's not forget Vela that haven't been able to shine but is a powerful force, together with Giovanni Dos Santos will be a welcome refresh to keep the battle alive inside the team. Venezuela is trying to find their playing style and it will not be in this match. Mexico -1 AH is a good option as for sure they will score.

Any info on Argentina?? Will they play reserves against Costa Rica??
According to the official Argentine F A site, the possible team to face Costa Rica will be from; Andujar, Annelerri, Garay, Milito, Rojo, Benega, Mascherano, Biglia, Gaitan, Messi, Soja, Di Maria, Pastore. That being the case, get your house on Argentina. If Messi plays, Costa Rica will not win. I reccomend Arg -2 AH @3.55 bet 365 GL.

Re: International Friendles - Tuesday 29 March USA 0-1 Paraguay :wall -6u Costa Rica 0-0 Argentina :D +4u Mexico 1-1 Venezuela:wall -8u I highlight the defensive of Costa Rica and await for Costa Rica vs Mexico in June in Gold Cup, it will be a great match.

Rep. Ireland - Uruguay Uruguay = 0 (1.80) bet365 John Trappattoni announced that for the friendly match against Uruguay will crowd out the following team players Robbie Keane, Richard Dunne, Kevin Kilbane, Damien Duff and Kevin Doyle injured. While in Uruguay will also include Cavani. I think a victory for the visiting team saw many absences in the home team. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHHHH :ok

• 1 month later...

FIFA International Friendlies 25th-29th May

Wednesday 25 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Argentina v Paraguay (20:00 BST) 1.64 4 6.6 101.13 %
Saturday 28 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Mexico v Ecuador (21:00 BST) 1.9 3.5 5 101.20 %
Sunday 29 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Germany v Uruguay (19:00 BST) 1.69 3.75 5.05 105.64 %
maximize.gif El Salvador v Honduras (23:00 BST) 3 3.3 2.7 100.67 %

Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Created a thread for Uzbekistans last jaunt to europe, against Montengro, but with Ukraine being a more powerful side, I'd hope the win will come a bit easier here. It's at around 1.39 on Betfair right now. Wondered if Mahno could perhaps be so kind as to provide an insider insight in to the Ukraine squad's preparations?

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Just checked Fifa's website. According to that, Ukraine have failed to win any of their last 6 games (all of them friendlies - http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=ukr/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html# In theory, they should be too strong for Uzbekistan, but their recent record suggests 1.4 is hardly good value ;)

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Those six games include defeats to Brazil and Italy, the Brazil one at Derby's Pride Park. They drew at Switzerland and Romania, and beat Chile. The only poor result was 2-2 at home against Canada. All these matches were overseen by a caretaker, and this is the first match with their new manager. So, Ukraine's form is actually not too bad, but it's Uzbekistan that are the main factor here. Basically, they're sh*te :lol

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Agreed there is a gap in class between the two sides, and Ukraine should win, but they've yet to convince me. They've got a poor record overall. I would prefer to wait until they've had some consistently good results. Uzbekistan have some decent players, but are unproven at against better teams, and they tend to play only smaller countries. Ukraine should win by perhaps 2 goals, but in view of their record, I'd say you could find better value elsewhere. For example, I think France at 1.6 or Germany at 1.4 are better value this weekend ;)