International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June

Hey Ash! That´s the handicap. That means that Brazil has to win by at least 3 goals of difference. It is as if the game started Romania 2 x 0 Brazil, and my bet is that Brazil will win, ok?;)
thanks for the explanation. im going for doubles spain/brazil to win

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be some action available in that Brazil game for sure. I'll offer my thoughts on the Ireland-Italy game. I have taken a look at the Ireland squad for this match and I must say it looks pretty weak. It seems most of the players who won at the weekend will play no part in this match. I can see that a lot of the players play for Championship or low Premier League teams. Detailed analysis would be welcome, but I'll assume that it is certainly a fairly weak side. As for Italy, there will also be changes. Here is the confirmed line-up (4-3-1-2): Viviano, Cassani, Gamberini, Chiellini, Criscito; Marchisio, Nocerino, Pirlo ©; Montolivo; Pazzini, Rossi. A new looking D with only Chiellini remaining from the last match. Cassani is another roaming full-back who is a good all-round player. Gamberini is also pretty solid. Seems odd to play him though as he is old and will never become first-choice. Criscito is also a decent all-round player but still learning. A decent D that should get the job done. Against better opponents there may be cause for concern. Pirlo will serve as the creative ball-player while absolute all-rounders Marchisio and Nocerino will flank him. Neither excel at anything but will cover the grass and are competent in all fields. Montolivo has been chosen as trequartista for this match. Probable MOM last time out with two sublime assists he appears to be growing into the Azzurri. Undoubted quality but has often lacked consistency. He will be feeling great and should be able to influence this match. Rossi and Pazzini are the most logical partnership for Italy. Little and large and both have an eye for goal. I think they'll gel well and on paper have great potential. Italy obviously have the better squad and a great deal of superior quality. I imagine Ireland will be hard working but without their stars I don't know what they will be able to do against Italy. Rossi, Pazzini, Montolivo and to a lesser extent Marchisio, Nocerino, Cassani and Criscito will all be hyped and have something to prove. Italy are feeling good right now and I am not overly concerned by complacency or straight disinterest on their part. I'd welcome in depth information on Ireland before I pull the trigger but Italy at 1.80-ish does appeal - just. I think it will come in so will act quickly unless of course someone changes my mind. Italy -0.5 - 1.825 - 5 points - Bet365
Nice job, ultravires! :ok I will follow and also go on under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 Stanjames 5/10

i still have a lot of respect to Ronaldo , he had a fantastic career +two career ending injuries but he din't stop and kept fitghting. p.s. after reading all your posts, that many of you will try Brazil - 2AH , I just took Brazil -1 with medium/big stake , odds 1.6
We also respect his past and what he did for us and he deserves this game tomorrow! 15 minutes is all he can stand for! :(

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June okay jus placed my bets for tommrow games, spain- 1 @ evens and Brazil -1 @ williamhills double i put big stake as i think both spain and brazil will score few tommrow, spain are unbeliveable hope brazil put on a goood strong squad, 60.00 on stake returns be another 75 or so, seems pretty good, cant miss out,

Re: International Friendly June, 6

France hasn't lost in their last 8 games. Just recently beating England away and Luxembourg away in friendly games. Ukraine have only won 2 of their last 10 games. I don't expect an entertaining match at all. I think probably we'll see a 0-1/ 0-2 win for France, though I don't think a draw is out of the question. France +0.5 @ 1.48 bet365
Result: Ukraine 1 France 4 I didn't see the game, but going by the reports, the scoreline flattered a French team with 10 changes from the last game. This report says the win was "marginally deserved" - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/59866/ukraine-vs-france/report

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Japan vs Czech Republic I watched Japan vs Peru and Peru was the better side, and actually deserved to win a boring 0-0. While Czech Republic also drew 0-0 with Peru in this Kirin cup. The winner of the match tomorrow takes the cup. Both teams are "testing" players, formations, youngsters etc. Basically I'm expecting another low scoring match. I think Japan has better chances of winning this as they have more quality in their team with lots of the regulars missing for Czech Republic, but can't see them getting much past Cech. Czech Republic +1.5 @ 1.4 bet 365

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June South Korea v Ghana 07/06/2011 1100GMT Korea play Ghana today in a friendly game in Korea. Ghana had to play the African cup game with Congo last Friday as against the normal Sunday to afford the team make the long trip to Korea. Obviously, the team will be affected by the long trip and Ghana will miss some key players. Captain John Mensah had an injury in the Congo game and is out so as Kevin Prince Boateng of AC Milan and Samuel Inkoom. Michael Essien, striker Prince Tagoe, Andre Dede Ayew and Goalkeeper Sammy Adjei didnt also make for trip asking to be excused to attend to family issues. However, with the exception of captain John Mensah and Andre Dede Ayew, Ghana has performed very well without the others in recent times. Essien has been away for a year and made his comeback just on Friday and didnt have the best of games. Kevin was just ordinary and had to be taken off right after half time. Ghana will start with main striker Asamoah Gyan who didnt play the Congo game as he was serving the last of his 3 match ban and so he is fresh. The midfield will be marshalled by the same guys who played the England game...Anthony Annan of Schalke, Agyemang Badu and Kwadwo Asamoah of Udinese, Derrick Boateng of Getafe, Sulley Muntari of Inter Milan and returnee Opoku Agyemang. The only missing in defence will be captain John Mensah which will be very significant, but Jonathan Mensah of Granada and Lee Addy of Red Star Belgrade have proven over the years to be worthy replacements. So the Ghana team isnt too much depleted as its made to look like. What will affect them may be the long trip. Personally i have taken Ghana +0.25, but the obvious thing about this game is that i see goals. Asamaoh Gyan didnt play in the Congo game and will be looking to do his thing. I recommend these two bets. PICK: Both teams to score @ 1.83 Ladbrokes 2/10 Bwin is available @ 1.75 PICK: over 2.5 Goals @ 2.11 Pinnacle and 188bet Good luck

Thanks for the info on Romania sportxtipster. Very helpfull Brasil vs Romania: Brasil -1.5 @ 1.55 bet365
Welcome! I repeat, is not Romania that dictates the value in this. It is Brazil. If they will not win comfortably is just because of them. They have very good players, but ... I really miss Brazil from 2002. That was a real team of Brazil. The Romanian players have value, but in our scandals and misery from our football they can't go better. Anyway, watch out for Zicu, he really knows to deal with the ball. Brazil -2 AH, anyway! @ Japan vs Czech Republik - Japan is fully effective, the Czech have only Necid as regular player in the National Team!

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Have a slight fancy for Serbia to pick up something in Melbourne. It's not a full strength team by either manager and the Aussies have picked a few players with local connections tonight, including Archie Thompson upfront playing his first game for the national team in over a year. The weather is shit, Melbourne is having it's coldest june day in 18 years and it looks like an attempt to drum up some ticket sales. Big local serb population. I've been out in Melbourne this afternoon and seem plenty of Serbs. Australia at close to even money are too short. Clear and obvious lay for me. They should be around 2.8.

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June South Korea - Ghana = 1 (1.83) / over (2.00) bet365 Preview: South Korea, there were no absences. Ghana: absent: John Mensah, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Essien, Andre Ayew, Sammy Adjei; Injured: Samuel Inkoom. The friendly matches are always difficult to predict as many times teams do not have their best players. The Asian teams but also deal with friendly matches with great passion and seriousness. The final match against Serbia was an easy victory. There is no calculation for this game and the Korean coach said his team will play for the win. The Ghana had a difficult game four days ago with the Congo and won 3-1. After this game their coach decided to save a lot of important players as already written above. This means that for Ghana this game will be played by non-regular players. Quote of the sign 1/ over and down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Japan - Czech Republic =Czech Republic +1 HA (1.52) bet365 Preview: Japan : absent: Tamuda, Okubo, Yano, Abe, Kagawa, Inamoto, Matsui, Nakamura. Japan is the host of this tournament and have won the Cup in the last three years. Japan takes the field with the second lines that have already made ​​a fool of a game against Peru jogging boring and sterile. The Czech Republic participates in this Cup without the presence of some of their best players. The Czech Republic will take the field with a decent education, are much more solid in defense of Japan with Sivok, Kadlec, Rajnoch, Hubnick. Has some good options in attack with Rezek, LaFata, Fenin, Necid. So I think it has a good result by the Czech Republic. :hope:hope:hope

Spain's game: World champions Spain travel to Venezuela for a friendly on Tuesday, with the city of Puerto La Cruz going into lockdown. The impending arrival of the 2010 World Cup winners has caused a flurry in the port city, with some 7,000 police, soldiers, firemen and paramedics ready to be deployed at and around the Estadio Jose Pachencho Romero. The sale of alcohol has been banned around the city on match day, which has been declared on official holiday in the state of Anzoategui. The friendly is Spain’s last commitment on a quick jaunt across the Atlantic, one that began with a 4-0 drubbing of the United States on Saturday. The world champions were simply in another class to their opponents and won convincingly, with Villarreal winger Santi Cazorla netting a sublime brace. Pleasingly, the group also showed no signs of tension following a club campaign that saw bitter rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid face off in four El Clasico matches in 18 days. Now, only Venezuela stands between Spain and a well-earned rest on the international scene, with nothing on the calendar until a friendly against Italy in August. Spain coach Vincente del Bosque is expected to make some changes to his starting XI for the USA match, with maligned Chelsea striker Fernando Torres likely to be handed a start. Torres scored the fourth and final goal at Gillette Stadium on Saturday and could find himself promoted in place of Barca’s David Villa. Sevilla forward Alvaro Negredo – who also scored against the USA – will most likely keep his place in the starting line-up, while Athletic Bilbao defender Andoni Iraola could also find himself in the line-up after being unused in Foxborough. For Venezuela, Malaga striker Jose Rondon will be unavailable after suffering a muscle tear in his left leg as the La Liga season neared its conclusion
Alex I'm a Fireman, never been called to attend a International match, gutted, wish I had joined the Venezuela fire department instead!

Have a slight fancy for Serbia to pick up something in Melbourne. It's not a full strength team by either manager and the Aussies have picked a few players with local connections tonight, including Archie Thompson upfront playing his first game for the national team in over a year. The weather is shit, Melbourne is having it's coldest june day in 18 years and it looks like an attempt to drum up some ticket sales. Big local serb population. I've been out in Melbourne this afternoon and seem plenty of Serbs. Australia at close to even money are too short. Clear and obvious lay for me. They should be around 2.8.
Result: Australia 0 Serbia 0 I saw the last 30 minutes, in which Serbia were the better of two defensive sides. So there was some value in backing Serbia, but in hindsight, the best value may have been on unders in this game. According to the TV commentator, it was Serbia's B team, and they were impressive against a good Australian team.

Poland vs France France really should be looking to get a win here. Based on what I have seen, Poland don't look solid at all in defense and France should be able to win and grab a couple goals. Selection: France @ 2.2 paddy power
Poland aren't that bad in defence - look at their record, they don't concede many, and they keep possession of the ball quite well. I believe France are the better team, probably even without their first eleven players. Possibly a little value with France at 5/4, but not much.

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Just back from the game, it was a crappy match. Serbs played the better football, some nice short passing, but lacked a bit of class up front. Forced a couple of decent saves from the aussie keeper. Aussies played a fairly direct longish ball game. Wasn't pretty, but a fairly safe lay and always nice to make some cash. (ps, Serbian girls are really hot)

Japan vs Czech Republic I watched Japan vs Peru and Peru was the better side, and actually deserved to win a boring 0-0. While Czech Republic also drew 0-0 with Peru in this Kirin cup. The winner of the match tomorrow takes the cup. Both teams are "testing" players, formations, youngsters etc. Basically I'm expecting another low scoring match. I think Japan has better chances of winning this as they have more quality in their team with lots of the regulars missing for Czech Republic, but can't see them getting much past Cech. Czech Republic +1.5 @ 1.4 bet 365
Result: Japan 0 v Czech Republic 0 I saw the second half of this low-scoring encounter. Another non-stop efficient defensive display by the blue Samurai of Japan against a good Czech team. I thought a draw was fair, and neither team did enough to break down the opposing defence - not conceding was the order of the day.

Welcome! I repeat, is not Romania that dictates the value in this. It is Brazil. If they will not win comfortably is just because of them. They have very good players, but ... I really miss Brazil from 2002. That was a real team of Brazil.
Our real team was 1958, 1962, 1970, 1978, 1982, 1994, 1998 (the french scandal), 2002, but we can't win them all, but make no mistake: 2014 is ours! As a matter of fact, this sixth title should've come a long time ago, but life goes on! ;)

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Goal.com has this down as a 5-0 win for Brazil in their preview :loon and their predictions are usually quite decent. Also a lil bit further info: http://www.goal.com/en/match/59878/brazil-vs-romania/preview Think I'll probably do something I never do and get on this based on the strength of support on here for the home team.

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Sport Football (Internationals) Event Brazil - Romania Selection Romania(+2.5)AH (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 08/06/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 1.69 Reasoning The handicap is getting a little bit ridiculous. It's true that Romania will come into this game with a couple of missings. But come to think of it, it's better that the so called "stars" who don't have time for their own country while a bit poorer but definetly motivated and determined players will now be on the field. 3 defenders from the match against Bosnia will now miss this game, and striker Mutu. Marica is the only player in the Romanian team who plays abroad. Brazil... can't remember a game in recent months when they've pushed for more than a 2 goal advantage. They've won 2-0 with Ukraine and Scotland, drew 0-0 with Holland just a couple of days ago, and lost 1-0 to France and Argentina. So overall this team isn't high scoring, in these last 5 games they have an average of 0.8 goals per game. Yet to win this bet they need 3 or more goals. And Romania hasn't lost a match by more than 2 goals since the 5-0 disaster in Serbia. But than the match had a meaning. Now, the only meaning of this match is the retirement of Ronaldo. So if Brazil take the lead, don't expect them to break their necks for a fiesta. And if Romania will be 1 goal down don't expect them to go all guns blazing at Brazil. I don't really like this Brazil. They lack the great midfielders they once had. They lack the class strikers they once had. All they have now is a strong defence. Big Whoop.

Poland aren't that bad in defence - look at their record' date=' they don't concede many, and they keep possession of the ball quite well. I believe France are the better team, probably even without their first eleven players. Possibly a little value with France at 5/4, but not much.[/quote'] Their record is good, but I've seen them play a couple of times and they do seem like they could be exploited. I think several key players are missing for them as well. Also I'm expecting France to put a good team out on the field, given that their second team played yesterday, we should be seeing most of the regulars back in for this one.

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Romania plays without the most valuable players like Mutu,Sapunaru,Rat,Tamas. Romania has a very inexperienced team with only 2 or 3 players over 25 years....I'm thinking of betting on a disaster for Romania 3-0 4-0 but you don't know how youngsters react..it's a one in a life time opportunity to play against Brazil and they are very ambitious even if it's just a friendly.

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Brazil v Romania 2nd Half Handicap - Brazil -1 @ 6/4 (Ladbrokes) Lots of value in this one. Brazil generally score most of their goals in the second half in previous internationals over the past couple of years. Like everyone else, Im expecting a lot of goals and Brazil to walk it. Romania are playing with a weak side and with the likes of Neymar, Robinho, Fred etc it will be too tough for them. Much more value in the 2nd half handicap so going with that. :hope

South Korea - Ghana = 1 (1.83) / over (2.00) bet365 Preview: South Korea, there were no absences. Ghana: absent: John Mensah, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Essien, Andre Ayew, Sammy Adjei; Injured: Samuel Inkoom. The friendly matches are always difficult to predict as many times teams do not have their best players. The Asian teams but also deal with friendly matches with great passion and seriousness. The final match against Serbia was an easy victory. There is no calculation for this game and the Korean coach said his team will play for the win. The Ghana had a difficult game four days ago with the Congo and won 3-1. After this game their coach decided to save a lot of important players as already written above. This means that for Ghana this game will be played by non-regular players. Quote of the sign 1/ over and down on many books. :hope:hope:hope
Japan - Czech Republic =Czech Republic +1 HA (1.52) bet365 Preview: Japan : absent: Tamuda, Okubo, Yano, Abe, Kagawa, Inamoto, Matsui, Nakamura. Japan is the host of this tournament and have won the Cup in the last three years. Japan takes the field with the second lines that have already made ​​a fool of a game against Peru jogging boring and sterile. The Czech Republic participates in this Cup without the presence of some of their best players. The Czech Republic will take the field with a decent education, are much more solid in defense of Japan with Sivok, Kadlec, Rajnoch, Hubnick. Has some good options in attack with Rezek, LaFata, Fenin, Necid. So I think it has a good result by the Czech Republic. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHHH :cow

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June Ahh, the joys of the public bet..:lol, don't think it would be wise for anyone to expect Brazil to win by more than 2 goals without cover, remember a similar game at the end of last season when Brazil were away to Zimbabwe who were ranked roughly where San Marino are and we all piled on when the prices were decent expecting them to coast home..they won 3-0 but didn't impress at all, and were close to going in 0-0 at HT scoring 2 goals just before HT, Zimbabwe could easily have scored at least once and I remember watching most of the second half through my fingers, as I stupidly had Brazil on a big handicap. They were in much better form then than they are in now.. I admit the team news is good but Romania are unlikely to be as bad as you think and Brazil's motivation will not be huge given it's at the end of a long season and they are in poor form in front of goal. It could be a good chance to build the confidence of the players and they are at home but these games are rarely as easy as we think they will be.

remember a similar game at the end of last season when Brazil were away to Zimbabwe who were ranked roughly where San Marino are and we all piled on when the prices were decent expecting them to coast home..they won 3-0 but didn't impress at all' date=' and were close to going in 0-0 at HT scoring 2 goals just before HT, Zimbabwe could easily have scored at least once and I remember watching most of the second half through my fingers, as I stupidly had Brazil on a big handicap. They were in much better form then than they are in now..[/quote'] I remember the Zimbabwe v Brazil friendly, and I disagree a little. Zimbabwe started brighter and certainly could have scored, but once Brazil scored, they basically took over the game and it was more like men against boys in a footballing sense. But Romania should be tougher than Zimbabwe, I would have thought.

Re: International Friendlies > 7-9 June I would be very carefull catching those dodgy odds on spain this coule be a way more dificult match than teh one in boston both from teh weather conditions and teh fact vinotinto takes this very seriously and will not leave it so easy as USA playing face to face imo venezuela has quite q good suad even if their two "spanish " strikers may take not part they are some of the best finishers in our league miku and rondon - this one out 100% - .... +1.5 and a everybody happy draw teh value here .....