** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

Event Syria - South Korea
Selection South Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 30/12/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.60
Reasoning South Korea decided to play this game against Syria, as Syria has a similar football of Bahrain, the first opponent on the next Asian Cup that will be played on January. Like this, we will see a serious South Korea, trying to make profitable experiences towards that opening game. South Korea won his last Asian Cup in 1960. They have ambitions to win it again but they have to replace the injured Park (Monaco), a certain absence on the Asian Cup. They will test the solution on this game against Syria, placed on 107th in FIFA ranking, very far from South Korea, and this shows the quality difference between the two sides. South Korea played three games against Syria so far, winning two and drawing one. But it is also true that Syria developed a lot on the last years and they were first placed on their qualifying group for this Asia Cup, in front of China, Lebanon and Vietnam. They got four wins, one draw and two defeats. Despite some experiences, i am optimist that South Korea has value enough to defeat Syria, preparing carefully the Asia Cup.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies Sorry for this mate.i think the H2H is korea has drawn twice & won once against the syrians.Unless this link is wrong. http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2010/12/30/world/friendly/syria/korea-republic/1059760/head2head/ Here are both the teams finalised squads for the up coming AFC tournament. http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-asian-cup-news/31891-cho-names-korea-rep-23-for-afc-asian-cup (Korean) http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-asian-cup-news/31899-syrian-squad-for-asian-cup-finalised (Syria) Important to note that Korea has lost one of the Star Strikers in the squad Park Chu-yong will miss the Asian Cup because of a knee injury. National coach Cho Kwang-rae has drafted in Hong Jung-ho as a replacement for Park, who is expected to be out for four weeks. I think its going to be a hard game for korea.Both teams clearly will be using this game to fine tune their plans for the tournament.The syrians look to have ample pedigre with alot of their players plying their trade in the better league's in asia & oversea's.Both teams will clearly be taking this game seriously & will not want to lose.Syria very rarely lose by more than 2 goals & usually play a tight compact game.So im going to go for Syria 0.5/1 @2.17 betinternet.com

Re: International Friendlies

Event Bahrain - North Korea
Selection North Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 04/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.75
Reasoning Bahrain has some few absences to face North Korea in this final preparation game for Asian Cup. Muhammad, Salmon Issa and Al Abdullah won't play this game. North Korea is a better side than the hosts and they are improving their form and their performances as seen on their last friendly games, where they started loosing against Kuwait, 2-1, drawing them on a second game by 2-2, and defeating Qatar by 1-0. This odd and the absences made me be confident in back a away win here.

Event United Arab Emirates - Australia
Selection Australia
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.81
Reasoning Australia is one of the main contenders to win the Asian Cup that will start next week. Today they will have their last preparation game, and the best news are that they have all the squad fit, moralized, experienced and motivated by all their key players. In this game we will see a mixed Australia, trying to give rhythm to the less international players, but also will play with their stars, but not during all the game. Motivation of the youngster will be great and facing the 88 placed of FIFA Ranking should bring another win to Australia.

Event Kawkab Marrakech - Lyon
Selection Lyon
Strength 10/10
Date 06/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 1.75
Reasoning After the awful start of season, Lyon is already the third placed on Ligue 1 thanks to a great recovering. They were near the relegation zone few weeks ago... With the good form of Lisandro Lopez, Briand is now necessary to recover Kallstrom who is still far from his value. Before facing Bordeaux, Saint-Étienne at Geoffroy Guichard and after that Lille, Lyon will prepare it against Kawkab de Mar-rakech. Kawkab is the 12th placed on Moroccan League on a total of 16 clubs. They don't seem to have arguments to stop this climbing Lyon and the odd is nice.

Re: International Friendlies Kaiserslautern - Twente Selection: Both teams to score (YES) Strength 10/10 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.60 A friendly game at La Manga between Kaiserslautern (No12 Bundesliga) and Twente (2nd Eredivisie) brings to us open & offensive match.Up till now Twente scored 35 goals in 18 matches, on the other side Kaiserslautern is not so bad,tieir score is 27 goals in 17 matches which led them to the six position in Bundesliga based on scored goals. This are two attacking teams. For sure the coaches will make many changes on midfield and attack and this could give a lots of free spaces&chances to score.

Sport Football (Friendlies)
Event Eskisehirspor v Werder Bremen
Selection over 4.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.10
Reasoning I love the odd here, Bremen in this kind of friendly matches like to score a lot, but also get a lot of goals, so I don't see them taking under 2, doesn't mater what team they meet. With a horror defense line but a good attack, after a 2010 very bad they must try different kind of play to make something with their problems, so I expect a lot of goals, 6-7 maybe, I just need 5 :D Good luck!

Sport Football (Friendlies)
Event Eskisehirspor v Werder Bremen
Selection over 4.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.10
Reasoning I love the odd here, Bremen in this kind of friendly matches like to score a lot, but also get a lot of goals, so I don't see them taking under 2, doesn't mater what team they meet. With a horror defense line but a good attack, after a 2010 very bad they must try different kind of play to make something with their problems, so I expect a lot of goals, 6-7 maybe, I just need 5 :D Good luck!
3-1 :((, after 2-0 min 21...

• 4 weeks later...

Poland - Moldova 06.02.2011 1.90 3.75 5.50 average odds Game will be play on neutral ground in Portugal. Coach Smuda said that those guys will be in first XI: Sandomierski; Kikut, Celeban, Wojtkowiak, Wolakiewicz - Plizga/C Wilk, Gol, Borysiuk, Pawlowski - Kucharczyk, Nowak Experimental line up with players from domestic league only. Sandomierski is talented goalkeeper. Kikut is good right fullback, but he is better in offensive department than in defending. Wojtkowiak is the only player who play regular for National Team - he will play as centre back, but also he often play as a right back. Our team have problems with defending play. It's not only about individual errors, more about team work. Midfield. Gol is a solid midfielder, but in average Polish club. Borysiuk is young dmc, not so bad, but he is not creative at all. Winger Pawlowski is called as a very talented player, but he can't prove it, because of often health problems. Striker Dawid Nowak is a good player - i like him very much as he had not so bad speed, good technique, can score with his head and know how to score penalties and believe me - this is something that our players just can't do right. The only problem is that he has too many health problems, but when he is fully fit he should be the biggest threat for Moldova. Second striker is 19 years old Kucharczyk from Legia - maybe talented, in this season he scored two goals. Not so many, but coach decided to give him a chance in National Team. I will go for under 2.5 as our team is without most of first team players and without creative midfielders in first XI and with only one decent striker. Winger Pawlowski and striker Nowak are not enough to bring over in my opinion. Especially that Moldova have not any big guns in their squad and they are best in defending. Under 2.5 is my call.

Re: Poland - Moldova 06.02.2011 FT 1:0 for Poland PICK WON :) Pathetic display. Poland were not better side at all. Defender Wojtkowiak was the only regular so we should not be surprised, but on the other hand even squad from domestic league should do a bit better and at least we should control the game. I hope that against Norway we will play better with our strongest XI.

Romania v Ukraine I don’t think we will lose to Romania.Romania is missing Chivu,Rat,Mariki,Radu.Kivu and Rats will be a big blow for the young Romanian team.We will miss Sheva but i don’t count on old fox anymore,we have many young strikers atm who can be good too.Our new coach Kalitvintsev said that he finished with experemental games and from now all games will be taking seriously.Last year we only lost 1 frendly against Brazil.More then likely this game will end up in draw but i’ll have small bet on Ukraine DNB @1.72 just in case if we win somehow.LOL Game will be played in Cyprus. Ukraine DNB @1.72 bet365 GL :ok P.S. Possible starting line-ups later.

International Friendlies 8-10 February

Tuesday 8 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Côte d'Ivoire v Mali (18:00 GMT) 1.9 3.75 5.19 98.32 %
maximize.gif Republic of Ireland v Wales (19:45 GMT) 1.72 3.75 6.5 99.95 %
maximize.gif Peru v Panama (20:45 GMT) 1.8 3.95 5.3 99.74 %
Wednesday 9 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Congo DR v Gabon (14:00 GMT) 3.2 3.2 2.24 107.14 %
maximize.gif San Marino v Liechtenstein (14:00 GMT) 5.7 3.95 1.66 102.86 %
maximize.gif Belarus v Kazakhstan (15:00 GMT) 1.57 4.3 7.8 99.71 %
maximize.gif Greece v Canada (15:00 GMT) 1.53 4.5 8.2 99.78 %
maximize.gif Iran v Russia (16:00 GMT) 6 3.75 1.74 100.80 %
maximize.gif Latvia v Bolivia (16:00 GMT) 2.78 3.3 3 99.61 %
maximize.gif FYR Macedonia v Cameroon (16:30 GMT) 3.23 3.35 2.44 101.79 %
maximize.gif Croatia v Czech Republic (16:45 GMT) 2 3.44 4.16 103.11 %
maximize.gif Andorra v Moldova (17:00 GMT) 14.5 6 1.28 101.69 %
maximize.gif Azerbaijan v Hungary (17:00 GMT) 6.4 4 1.66 100.87 %
maximize.gif Israel v Serbia (18:00 GMT) 2.6 3.35 3.05 101.10 %
maximize.gif Turkey v South Korea (18:00 GMT) 1.89 3.68 5.04 99.93 %
maximize.gif Albania v Slovenia (19:00 GMT) 3.45 3.4 2.4 100.06 %
maximize.gif Armenia v Georgia (19:00 GMT) 3 3.4 2.75 99.11 %
maximize.gif Estonia v Bulgaria (19:00 GMT) 5.7 3.71 1.78 100.68 %
maximize.gif Denmark v England (19:15 GMT) 3.35 3.4 2.4 100.93 %
maximize.gif Luxembourg v Slovakia (19:15 GMT) 16.5 6.4 1.26 101.05 %
maximize.gif Belgium v Finland (19:30 GMT) 1.72 3.95 5.8 100.45 %
maximize.gif Malta v Switzerland (19:30 GMT) 13 5.6 1.33 100.74 %
maximize.gif Netherlands v Austria (19:30 GMT) 1.37 5.2 11 101.31 %
maximize.gif Poland v Norway (19:30 GMT) 3.15 3.35 2.6 100.06 %
maximize.gif Germany v Italy (19:45 GMT) 1.9 3.71 4.75 100.39 %
maximize.gif Scotland v Northern Ireland (19:45 GMT) 2.37 3.4 3.45 100.50 %
maximize.gif Argentina v Portugal (20:00 GMT) 2.5 3.4 3.25 100.18 %
maximize.gif France v Brazil (20:00 GMT) 3.3 3.35 2.44 101.14 %
maximize.gif Spain v Colombia (20:30 GMT) 1.22 7.8 19 99.90 %
Thursday 10 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Venezuela v Costa Rica (00:30 GMT) 1.94 3.6 4.6 101.06 %
maximize.gif Mexico v Bosnia-Herzegovina (01:00 GMT) 1.83 3.75 5.1 100.92 %

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Ivory Coast versus Mali Neutral ground, Vannes in France. Ivory Coast National Team: Goalkeepers: Boubacar Barry (Lokeren/BEL), Gerard Gnanhouan (Vannes/FRA) Defenders: Kolo Toure (Manchester City/ENG), Souleman Bamba (Leicester/ENG), Didier Zokora (Sevilla/ESP), Arthur Boka (VfB Stuttgart/GER), Siaka Tiene (Paris SG/FRA), Benjamin Angouan Brou (Valenciennes/FRA), Guy Demel (Hamburg/GER), Steve Gohouri (Wigan/ENG), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal/ENG) Midfielders: Yaya Toure (Manchester City/ENG), Cheik Tiote (Newcastle/ENG), Romaric Ndri Koffi (Sevilla/ESP), Emerse Fae (Nice/FRA), Didier Ya Konan (Hanover/GER), Kafoumba Coulibaly (Nice/FRA) Forwards: Didier Drogba (Chelsea/ENG), Salomon Kalou (Chelsea/ENG), Gervinho (Lille/FRA), Seydou Doumbia (CSKA Moscow/RUS), Wilfried Bony (Vitesse Arnhem/NED).

Mali squad: Goalkeepers: Oumar Sissoko (FC Metz, France), Soumbeyla Diakité (Stade Malien), Almamy Sogoba (AS Réal). Defenders: Adama Coulibaly (Auxerre, France), Adama Tamboura (FC Metz, France), Cédric Kanté (Panathinaïkos, Grèce), Ousmane Berthé (Jomo Cosmos, Afrique du Sud), Kalifa Cissé (FC Bristol, Angleterre), Drissa Coulibaly (Al Ahly, Libye), Drissa Diakité (OGC Nice, France). Midfielders: Kalilou Traoré, (OB Odense, Danemark), Mahamadou Diarra (AS Monaco, France), Bakaye Traoré, (AS Nancy, France), Ismael Keita (FC Nantes, France), Sigamarry Diarra (FC Lorient, France), Samba Sow (RC Lens, France), Sidi Yaya Keita (RC Lens, France), Abdou Traoré (OGC Nice, France). Attackers: Modibo Maïga (FC Sochaux, France), Garra Dembélé (Levski Sofia, Bulgarie), Cheick Tidiane Diabaté (Bordeaux, France), Ténéma N’Diaye (FC Metz, France), Mamadou Samassa (US Valenciennes, France).
(Mali without Sissoko, and Seydou Keita from FC Barcelona; also striker Kanoute retired one year ago) I will go for Ivory Coast win. This will be first game for Drogba since World Cup. With him Ivory Coast will be more dangerous. This is neutral ground, but still in France - something like second home for many Africa players. H2H is better for Ivory Coast. Against Poland Elephants were not so bad at all, Poland were really lucky to win 3:1 at home. Better players, recalled Drogba, good H2H is enough for me to try bet on Ivory Coast. Ivory Coast win is my callsmile.gif.

Re: Romania v Ukraine Razvan Rat will be on the field.Yesterday in the press conference Razvan Lucescu announced the first eleven for Romania Pantilimon, Maftei, Gardos, Papp, Rat, Roman, Alexa, Muresan, Deac, Sburlea, Bucur. http://www.sport.ro/nationala/razvan-lucescu-il-copiaza-pe-mourinho-a-anuntat-echipa-de-start-la-conferinta-de-presa-video.html

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February anywhere where we can get some team news on these friendlies because i was interested in afew of these games but wanted to find out because there be testing there squads with different players..most games will be very open and not so one sideded for example, S.Korea v Turkey...can we see both teams atleast scoreing and not makeing out turkey will just win easily.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February

whos in the turkey team? :D
Right Side :D this is a Turkey's Probable Line-up in Korea press * I don't know about exact name of Turkey players Sorry for that T^T Demiral(GK) Gonulu-Setin-Valta-Inan Altintop-Velozulu-Shahin-Ekizi Torun-Kazim

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February And I want to write our team... Without Park, there are many many problems to make a chance. f.e Playing against Japan(2010.10.) which Park didn't play because he was knee injury is ... horrible. They hardly sucessed easy pass and made a chance to shot. Without Lee, it is not a big problem. Hong chul is very hardworking player in League. He is fast(except unexperenced player) and not bad. But, I think it is very hard to our team to play without Park.. it's big blow.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February England are worth a LAY. imo, the odds should be the other way around. We have players dropping out left right and centre, and we're asking who we have left to play a meaningless friendly midweek when there is a full league compliment at the weekend. We all know how poorly England have performed in these games when our main men are out. I don't really see the logic in pricing us up that way, other than because of our name.

Re: Romania v Ukraine

Razvan Rat will be on the field.Yesterday in the press conference Razvan Lucescu announced the first eleven for Romania Pantilimon, Maftei, Gardos, Papp, Rat, Roman, Alexa, Muresan, Deac, Sburlea, Bucur. http://www.sport.ro/nationala/razvan-lucescu-il-copiaza-pe-mourinho-a-anuntat-echipa-de-start-la-conferinta-de-presa-video.html
Thanks man.I read yesterday he won't play against us but looks like he will.Still my bet stays.We beat Romania 3-2 in May last year at home.

Right Side :D this is a Turkey's Probable Line-up in Korea press * I don't know about exact name of Turkey players Sorry for that T^T Demiral(GK) Gonulu-Setin-Valta-Inan Altintop-Velozulu-Shahin-Ekizi Torun-Kazim
thanks..sounds like turkey do have a good chance of winning then unless korea have some suprise's in there squad;) is the game in korea? or neutral ground?

Re: Romania v Ukraine Ukraine squad: Pyatov,Gusev,Chegrynskyi,Rakitskiy,Fedoriv,Tymoschuk,Stepanenko,Aliev,Konoplyanka,Devich ,Milevskiy Looks a bit weak...I smell draw here. Will add another bet as it's a firt frendly after winter break and palyers won't give 100% Romani v Ukraine under 2.5 goals @1.61 bet365

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Turkey-South Korea Turkey will play at home.South Korea played 2 weeks ago at the Asian Cup.I don't think that many players will be included today who where at the cup.So in my eyes there is big value for Turkey. Turkey 1 1,85 7pts expekt Turkey HC(0:1) 3,50 3pts GL

Serbia will be without important players Stankovic (Inter)' date=' Vidic (Man Utd), Zigic (Birmingham) and Ninkovic (Dinamo K.) in the match against Israel.[/quote'] Why no Vidic? The only bet I've got is Ivory Coast(I got 1.95 at BlueSq). I obviously think they'll win but I wouldn't back them at the price they are now though(1.67) because it's a friendly.