International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 I'd not be too quick to dismiss the Uzbeks here. I think their defence for this game is largely inexperienced and Ukraine could score a few goals. However, don't write off the Uzbeks scoring here at all. Shatskikh will lead the line with Geynrikh, which should set the alarm bells ringing immediately if you know anything about either of them. Shatskikh was signed to replace Shevchenko at Dynamo Kiev many years ago and had a good record in the UPL. He knows this ground well and is a naturally gifted target man. Geynrikh is his legs now that Shatskikh is getting on and as a former CSKA academy boy, he's not short on talent either. They've got bags of experience in midfield and especially so on the flanks, not to mention ability. The last point I'd make would be that Ukraine have a very inexperienced defence here with no Chygrynskiy to hold them together. It looks like Kucher + inexperienced players in front of dodgy-as-hell Pyatov as Shovkovskyi is out, which to me means that Ukraine would concede against most opponents that they faced because of the above combination. I think Ukraine should win this ultimately but I'd not handicap them here. Uzbeks like to concede against European opposition but they're more than capable of scoring here too. Good luck mate

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Ukraine's first game with "new" coach Blokhin. Due to U21 Qualif.games many young players will be unavailable,also some players wil be rested for game against France. Possible line-up ---------------Dykan-------------------- Fedetskiy--Mandzuk---Kucher---Shevchuk Gusev----Tymoschuk----Rotan----Oleynik ----------Devich--------Shevchenko----- A bit mixed squad.Usually Ukraine national teams has alot of Dynamo's and Shakhtar's players now they come from everywhere.So it will be intresting to see them playing together. I woudn't even touch @1.33-no way.And i don't think we wil beat handicap.Also we play in Kiev wich is big no bet for me.The only city we never lost or drew any single game is Lviv.Kiev is not such lucky stadium for Ukraine. the only value i can see in this game is under 2.5 goals @2.20 Looks like both teams will play 4-4-2.Miedfield will be packed.also i see many fauls.Something like 1-0 or 1-1 i think.

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11

Interesting--I would tend to bet on the over' date=' as far as I'm concerned. Both teams have decent attacks but shaky defenses.[/quote'] and who do u call decent strikers?Sheva and Shatskih(Uzbek) are both veterans,both over 30.Devich didn't play alot with Sheva.there will be no Milevsky or yarmolenko to help Sheva.Sheva is not that good anymore,same Shatskih.Both teams have young and reserv players.So id on't see where goals will come from.Perhaps dodgy defence and keepers will help otherwise it smells underish to me. But GL with your picks.

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Decent for their level. I know they are well past their prime, but you don't need Messi to score vs Uzbekistan I guess. Even Shatskikh could put one in the net, I think. Not sure I'll bet on this one anyway, and it would only be small stakes.

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 Nigeria v Argentina also takes place today. Argentina is being offered at 2.20 to win, 3.10 for the draw and 3.50 for Nigeria to win. Anyone know any information in regards to the squad list for the matches? I could not find any other relevant threads, hope someone could shed some light on this cos I think it might be worth taking Argentina at such good odds?

Nigeria v Argentina also takes place today. Argentina is being offered at 2.20 to win, 3.10 for the draw and 3.50 for Nigeria to win. Anyone know any information in regards to the squad list for the matches? I could not find any other relevant threads, hope someone could shed some light on this cos I think it might be worth taking Argentina at such good odds?
Argentina GABBARINI, Adrian - Independiente Argentina ZABALETA, Pablo - Man City England ANGELERI, Marcos - Sunderland AFC England GARAY, Ezequiel - Real Madrid Spain OTAMENDI, Nicolas - Porto FC Portugal FAZIO, Federico - Sevilla Spain BELLUSCHI, Fernando - Porto FC Portugal CABRAL, Alejandro - Legia Varsovia Poland FORMICA, Mauro - Blackburn Rovers England INSUA, Emiliano - Galatasaray Turkey CRISTALDO, Jonathan - Metalist Kharkiv Ukraine GAITAN, Nicolas - Benfica Portugal PIATTI, Pablo - Almeria Spain RUBEN, Marco - Villarreal Spain JARA, Franco - Benfica Portugal PEROTTI, Diego - Sevilla Spain BOSELLI, Mauro - Genoa Italy BERTOLO, Nicolas - Real Zaragoza Spain COSTA, Tino - Valencia Spain MUSACCHIO, Mateo - Villarreal Spain

Argentina GABBARINI, Adrian - Independiente Argentina ZABALETA, Pablo - Man City England ANGELERI, Marcos - Sunderland AFC England GARAY, Ezequiel - Real Madrid Spain Argentina Names 'Killer' Squad for Nigeria OTAMENDI, Nicolas - Porto FC Portugal FAZIO, Federico - Sevilla Spain BELLUSCHI, Fernando - Porto FC Portugal CABRAL, Alejandro - Legia Varsovia Poland FORMICA, Mauro - Blackburn Rovers England INSUA, Emiliano - Galatasaray Turkey CRISTALDO, Jonathan - Metalist Kharkiv Ukraine GAITAN, Nicolas - Benfica Portugal PIATTI, Pablo - Almeria Spain RUBEN, Marco - Villarreal Spain JARA, Franco - Benfica Portugal PEROTTI, Diego - Sevilla Spain BOSELLI, Mauro - Genoa Italy BERTOLO, Nicolas - Real Zaragoza Spain COSTA, Tino - Valencia Spain MUSACCHIO, Mateo - Villarreal Spain
Argentina are playing their B team ;) http://www.goal.com/en/match/59854/nigeria-vs-argentina/preview http://www.goal.com/en/news/1656/nigeria/2011/05/31/2511946/nigeria-argentina-players-fired-up-for-clash-in-abuja Argentina clearly the stronger pedigree, but playing a weakened team.

Nigeria v Argentina also takes place today. Argentina is being offered at 2.20 to win, 3.10 for the draw and 3.50 for Nigeria to win. Anyone know any information in regards to the squad list for the matches? I could not find any other relevant threads, hope someone could shed some light on this cos I think it might be worth taking Argentina at such good odds?
Bullet dodged :lol Ukraine 2-0 up after 60 :lol

Re: Ukraine v Uzbekistan 01.06.11 FT: Ukraine 2 Uzbekistan 0 I saw most of this game, and I thought Ukraine deservedly won an open attractive match. The two sides both played a neat passing style. Uzbekistan matched Ukraine in the first half but in the second half Ukraine's superior class told, with Uzbekistan faded badly after the home side took the lead.

FT: Nigeria 4 Argentina 1 Few would have forecast this scoreline, even with a second string Argentina side. I saw the last few minutes, which was mainly Nigeria passing the ball around casually and Argentina not showing much interest in running after it. All they got was a somewhat lucky late penalty. The Nigeria goals were replayed at the end and some of them looked very good finishes.

International Friendlies June,2

Event Canada - Ecuador
Selection Ecuador
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.40
Reasoning The national football teams of Canadá and Ecuador will play tonight in the stadium BMO of Toronto a friendly game where the Ecuadorian coach will start to prepare his main 11 for the Copa de América. The Colombian Reinaldo Rueda, Ecuador national coach, let very clear that the experiences already finished. Despite Rueda, as usual, didn't mentioned the name of the players that will start the game, he said that the team will be very similar with the one that started the game in Seattle (USA) against Mexico. In that game, the 11 players that started the game were Máximo Banquera on the goal; Néicer Rasco, Geovanny Caicedo, Frickson Erazo, Walter Ayoví in the defence; Michel Arroyo, Luis Fernando Saritama, Edison Méndez and Segundo Castillo in the midfield; and Jaime Ayoví and Christian Benítez in the front. During the game, Rueda put the defence Diego Calderón, the midfielders Isaac Mina and Oswaldo Tilson Mina and the forward Flavio Caicedo substituting Ayoví, Arroyo, Méndez and Benítez. I think the team that will face Canada will be the same. He wants to take advantage of the good start of game they made against Mexico. Since Rueda took the charge in August 2010, Ecuador played 10 friendly games to prepare Copa América which will be played in Argentina from 1 until 24 July. And in those game, Ecuador played with around 50 players. But now that the players don't have games with their clubs anymore, and Rueda evaluated other options, the Colombian seems to have choose the group to Copa América. On the other side, the Canadian team see on this game against Ecuador a test to the next Copa Oro of Concacaf which will be played in USA from 5 until 22 June. The friendly game against Ecuador is the only chance that the national coach, Steven Hart, has to test his team to the first game of Copa Oro, next June 7, precisely against the hosts, USA. For the first time since March, Hart counted with 17 players yesterday to train to the game, thanks to the vacations that the players who play in Europe got from their clubs. The last time the national teams of Ecuador and Canada faced was in 2002. The game ended with a 2-0 in favour of Ecuador.

Re: International Friendlies June,2 Ridiculous goal conceded by Ecuador on the minute 92... All the team protesting a referee decision, and Canada playing alone until score...There is no preview that resists to that...

International Friendlies June, 3

Event South Korea - Serbia
Selection South Korea
Strength 10/10
Date 03/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Eurobet @ 2.00
Reasoning Despite this is a friendly game, i expect a South Korea very close to be the South Korea that will play the qualifying for the next World Cup 2014, which will start in September, 2. We will see a South Korea in quick transitions, surprising the opponent, specially by the wings. The South Korean coach, Cho Kwang-rae, use to play on 4-1-4-1, and he should repeat it today, using the quick transitions as his main weapon. And this can be the style of football more indicate to South Korea, as they have quick players. Serbia will play this game without several important players, like Nemanja Vidic from Manchester United. Milos Krasic, Branislav Ivanovic, Nikola Zigic, and Milan Jovanovic are also out of the calling list for this friendly game. They will play with a young but quality team. but the lack of experience will be evident.

Re: International Friendlies June, 3 South Korea - Serbia ; under 0.5 ; 9.00 at unibet ; 5 units Another friendly game between South Korea and Serbia. They played a friendly match last year as a part of preparation that both teams had in Austria for the world cup last year. It was a pretty boring match with only one goal scored. Serbia won 1:0 thanks to an early goal scored by Nikola Zigic after just six minutes played. Today's game will be much different as to who the favourite to win this match is. Serbia lost their most valuable asset , Radomir Antic. Now under Pizon they are playing some second class football and are almost guaranteed not to win any game on road this year. South Korea are playing this match with their usual squad and they are looking very strong. That is especially true when Serbia is playing without Nemanja Vidic, Branislav Ivanovic, Milos Krasic, Nikola Zigic, Marko Pantelic , Vladimir Stojkovic. But Serbia won against Japan last year with players playing only in Serbia's Premier division. And traditionally Serbia does well against Asian nations. So I'm hoping South Korea won't score because I'm pretty sure Serbia won't.

Re: International Friendlies June, 3 GK - Jung Sung-Ryong(Suwon), Kim Jin-Hyun(Cerezo Osaka), Kim Young-Gwang(Ulsan) DF - Lee Jung-Soo(Al Sadd/Qatar), Hong Jung-Ho(Jeju), Lee Jae-Sung(Ulsan), Lee Sang-Duk(Daegu), Hwang Jae-Won(Suwon), Cha Du-Ri(Celtic/Scotland), Park Won-Jae(Jeonbuk), Kim Young-Gwun(Omiya/Japan), Kim Jae-Sung(Pohang) MF - Shin Hyung-Min(Pohang), Lee Young-Rae(Suwon), Yoon Bitgaram(Gyeongnam), Kim Jung-Woo(Sangju), Ki Sung-Young(Celtic/Scotland), Go Myung-Jin(Seoul), Koo Ja-Chul(Wolfsburg/Germany), Nam Tae-Hi(Valancien/France), Lee Chung-Young(Bolton/England), Lee Seuong-Hyun(Jeonbuk), Kim Bo-Kyung(Cerezo Osaka/Japan), Lee Guen-Ho(Gamba Osaka/Japan) FW - Park Joo-Young(AS Monaco/France), Ji Dong-Won(Jeonnam), Jung Jo-Kuk(Auxerre/France) *Park Ji-Sung(Manchester Unitd), Lee Young-Pyo(Al Hillal) retired from NT before. It will be played in Seoul. Korea NT have prepared 3th asia qualifying in 2014 Brazil WorldCup It is a final opportunity that some players who coach want to see are tested by coach. Almost players who are in Europe club teams are called. Also, there are a few players who called first time as NT plyaers like Shin Hyung-Min(Pohang), Kim Jae-Sung(Pohang), Lee Seuong-Hyun(Jeonbuk), Park Won-Jae(Jeonbuk), Lee Jae-Sung(Ulsan). I think some of them will play against Serbia or Ghana. Coach said he try to concentrate defense. Also, there are a little conflict between federation and coach. Actually, federation want to fire coach when coach had a bad result in every competiton. But, coach, Jo Gwang-Rae, have had a great result. Before calling this friendly match, federation order that they want to call NT players so you(coach) will follow federation's decision. But, after listening this argument from federation, coach resisted to them because calling players are only right of coach. He said federation don't have a right to select players. So, there are conflict between them. And, in K-league, now they have a some problem because some players fixed the game. 8 players were summonsed from the prosecution. One of them suicided in the hotel. So, there are confusing situation in Korea, all players need to try to do their best. It is my opinion about Korea NT plyaers. I don't know Serbia NT players. Ghana is a best team but they will play African Nations Cup 3 days before they come to Korea. ps. It is my preview I wrote in other forum :D

Re: International Friendlies June, 4

Event Czech Republic - Peru
Selection Czech Republic
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.25
Reasoning Peru will have his second test on Copa Kirin against the always strong Czech Republic, a European team which is on second place in the qualifying for the Euro 2012, behind the world champion, Spain. Perú has not good results when facing European teams, in ten games played they only got three wins, against Armenia, in 1996 and Slovakia in 1999, and the two games were played in Lima.The last game a against e European team was at Spain, in Huelva, and Peru was defeated by 2-1.

Selection Czech Republic
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2011
Reasoning Peru will have his second test on Copa Kirin against the always strong Czech Republic, a European team which is on second place in the qualifying for the Euro 2012, behind the world champion, Spain. Perú has not good results when facing European teams, in ten games played they only got three wins, against Armenia, in 1996 and Slovakia in 1999, and the two games were played in Lima.The last game a against e European team was at Spain, in Huelva, and Peru was defeated by 2-1.
Czechs have the better ranking, but Peru were pretty impressive against Japan, when they drew 0-0 and could have won.

Selection Czech Republic
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2011
Result: Czech Republic 0 Peru 0

Re: International Friendlies June, 4 Holland hasn't lost a game since the World Cup Final, winning all of their games bar one draw since then. Brasil have cruised through their easier friendly matches, but they have struggled against better sides, losing both to Argentina and France. I can't see a young inexperienced and uncertain Brasil team beating Holland. Will go safe on this one though as you can never be too sure with Brasil. Looks like a very safe bet this one. Holland + 1.5 @1.45 bet365

Holland hasn't lost a game since the World Cup Final, winning all of their games bar one draw since then. Brasil have cruised through their easier friendly matches, but they have struggled against better sides, losing both to Argentina and France. I can't see a young inexperienced and uncertain Brasil team beating Holland. Will go safe on this one though as you can never be too sure with Brasil. Looks like a very safe bet this one. Holland + 1.5 @1.45 bet365
I´m sorry my friend, but that´s the easiest pick of the weekend: Brasil @ 1.73 betfair 10/10 Unexperienced team? That´s a joke: take a look at our squad: Julio César; Daniel Alves, Lúcio, Thiago Silva e André Santos; Lucas, Ramires e Elano; Robinho, Neymar e Fred. This game today is a very important to us, as it is one of the first on the prep for world Cup 2014 here (you´re all invited!). Make no mistake: Brazil will win this game today! :cheers