** ELO Ratings are now back **

International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February

Guys Need some advice I have never done an Overs bet before and looking at Holland game Belgium Game Luxembourg Game All overs £20= £119 what do you think? Also anyone have Info against cameroon 13/10 v Maccedonia do they have Samuel Ett'o available for selection?
I don't see Austria scoring, and Holland can be very unpredictable in friendlies, so 2-0 is quite possible, imo over is not the best bet.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Scotland - Northern Ireland Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Cameron Bell (Kilmarnock), Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers). Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan), Grant Hanley (Blackburn), Alan Hutton (Tottenham), Danny Wilson (Liverpool), Mark Wilson (Celtic). Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Blackpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Celtic), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Lee McCulloch (Rangers), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion). Forwards: Chris Maguire (Aberdeen), Kenny Miller (Bursaspor), Steven Naismith (Rangers), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds).
Darren Fletcher is out. The official line up: McGregor;Hutton, S. Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley;Brown, Morrison, Adam, Commons;Naismith, Miller Solid defending line as Bardsley and Hutton playing his best in their clubs at the moment. But I don't like Caldwell who is not good enough in my eyes. Midfield looks good with Charlie Adam who despite the transfer rumors is still on hot streak. Kris Commons scored many goals this season for Derby County so I think he will be great help for strikers today. Morrison play regular in Premier League for West Bromwich and he is important for this club. I'm not impressed about attacking line. I wish Scotland really top, top strikers in the future. North Ireland squad:
Goalkeepers -Tuffey (Inverness Caledonian Thistle), Blayney (Linfield) Defenders - J Evans (Manchester United), Craigan (Motherwell), McArdle (Aberdeen), McAuley (Ipswich), McArdle (Aberdeen), Baird (Fulham), McCartney (Sunderland - on loan at Leeds), Hodson (Watford), Thompson (Watford) Midfielders - McCann (Peterborough United), C Evans (Manchester United - on loan at Hull), Davis (Rangers), McGinn (Celtic), McCourt (Celtic), Norwood (Manchester United) Forwards - Healy (Rangers), Feeney (Oldham), R Patterson (Plymouth), Boyce (Werder Bremen)
J Evans and McCartney have been pulled out of the Northern Ireland squad. Many missings in North Ireland as goalie Tylor, striker Lafferty and some less experienced players were pulled out from the squad even earlier. I'm thinking about bet on Scotland, but I'm afraid that this game will be all about air fight, headers and crosses and running without any clear chances and with 0:0 end...

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Andorra vs Moldova Selection: Under 2.5 Odds: 2.2 with Skybet Stake: 4/10 This is one of those games where one team is a clear favourite, in this case Moldova, but that does not necessarily mean it will be a rout. Bookies seem to use the odds from the 1x2 market to work out the unders/overs price, and in games like this you can catch them out. Andorra have improved a lot in defence recently, with even Russia beating them by only two goals. The only side to have thrashed them recently is Armenia, who play an attacking brand of football unlike Moldova, who are a decent side but struggle to score goals. The fact that it is a friendly and played at a neutral venue should help this bet as these factors tend to increase the chances of unders in my experience, as players are less motivated to try and get forward due to the lack of importance attached to the fixture. It's not a cert but it should be odds on, in my opinion.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February If anyone can help me, I would like to know starting line ups of Holland and Germany. I think Holland -1.5 (AH) @1.96 is too good to be true. And I believe that if Germany have most of their main players they'll beat Italy, that will play with Buffon; Cassani, Ranocchia, Bonucci e Chiellini;Thiago Motta, Mauri, Montolivo, De Rossi; Cassano and Pazzini. Despite the fact that the attack duo play well together, the midfield is very slow and poor in creativity.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Like Jase, I think the odds on England warrant a lay - it'll be an experimental line-up at best, and I can hardly see the likes of senior pros like Lampard giving 100% - he would rather avoid injury more than winning the game. Think about it; for me if this were a qualifier with our best team out away at Denmark I would think 2.24 would be about right. Denmark are a solid if unspectacular team and are stronger at the back than they are upfront. I believe we will find it hard to break them down.

Anyone advise at all? Would be appreciated
maybe change the belgium to both teams to score instead because i think finland are not a bad team, scored afew goals past germany before but in friendlies squads are all been rotated and tested to see if players are good enough, don't know about luxenborg one but i think holland will win at home...but austria do have a good team also that is capable of scoreing atleast a goal;)

maybe change the belgium to both teams to score instead because i think finland are not a bad team' date=' scored afew goals past germany before but in friendlies squads are all been rotated and tested to see if players are good enough, don't know about luxenborg one but i think holland will win at home...but austria do have a good team also that is capable of scoreing atleast a goal;)[/quote'] Cheers Chris, I think I will look at both teams to score then

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Bulgaria - Estonia pick - HW odds - 1.73@bet365 stake - 6/10 The friendly game between Bulgaria and Estonia will take place on neutral venue in Turkey. For today's game Bulgaria's manager Lothar Matthaus is said to start the game with the squad which will face Switzerland in March for their Euro 2012 qualification game. So on goal will be Twente's regular GK Mihaylov, the defence also fill look somehow solid compared to the defence Bulgaria had under their previous manager, with the return of Illiev and Manolev and the absence of Milanov. In the middle will operate Aston Villa's captain Petrov together with Terek's Blagoy Georgiev, up front Matthaus will start with Makriev and Popov and the only doubt is winger Rangelov who picked up a slight injury yesterday, but he should be fine to start. On the other hand from what I have read Estonia is also coming with full squad and no injury concerns. And defender Raio Piiroja is set to make his 100th appearance, but in any case that's not so relevant. The way I see it Bulgaria should have what it takes to win today against a team much weaker team than them. However, bet carefully because in the past years thanks to the inadequate ruling of the team by the Bulgarian Football Union's President, together with the horribe coach, who was an absolute disgrace to the profession, Bulgaria became much weaker and inconsistent side, so no result will surprise me, but as I said they should be too strong for Estonia today. Good luck!

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Malta - Switzerland Malta Goalkeepers: Justin Haber (Ferencvaros) and Andrew Hogg (Valletta FC). Defenders: Andrei Agius (Birkirkara FC), Jonathan Caruana (Valletta FC), Joseph Zerafa (Birkirkara FC), Carlo Mamo (Marsaxlokk FC), Edward Herrera (Hibernians). Midfielders: Roderick Briffa (Valletta FC), Clayton Failla (Sliema W.), Kevin Sammut (Valletta FC), Paul Fenech (Birkirkara FC), Gareth Sciberras (Marsaxlokk FC), Shaun Bajada (Birkirkara FC), Jamie Pace (Valletta FC). Strikers: Ivan Woods (Floriana FC), Andre Schembri (Ferencvaros), Michael Mifsud (Qormi FC), Andrew Cohen (Hibernians FC). Switzerland Goalkeepers: Diego Benaglio (Wolfsburg), Marco Wolfli (Young Boys). Defenders: Francois Affolter (Young Boys), Stephane Grichting (Auxerre), Stephan Lichsteiner (Lazio), Steve von Bergen (Cesena), Reto Ziegler (Sampdoria). Midfield/attack: Nassim Ben Khalifa (Wolfsburg), Tranquillo Barnetta (Bayer Leverkusen), David Degen (Young Boys), Gelson Fernandes (Chievo), Alexander Frei (Basel), Gokhan Inler (Udinese), Moreno Costanzo (Young Boys), Pirmin Schweigler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Xherdan Shaqiri (Basel), Valentin Stocker (Basel), Hakan Yakin (Lucerne). Coach Buttigieg of Malta has declared that the aim on this game is to see the players create more and improve in front of goal. So Malta will be on a forward play today. A reason behind that are the last qualifiers, where Malta managed to score only one goal in the 1-3 defeat to Israel. Some fringe players will have their opportunity to press for a starting role in the Euro 2012 qualifies. A strong squad for Hitzfield judging by the names. The Parma midfielder Dzemaili is in great form, and more I see Gelson Fernandes (Chievo), Ziegler (Sampdoria), Djourou (Arsenal), and Derdiyok of Bayer Leverkusen. As we saw in World Cup, Switzerland bases its play on physical rather than technical, while Malta usually runs out of stamina in the second half. If Buttigieg team is set to score, than the chances for this to happens are mostly in first half. Also if Malta go all forward, than there would be enough spaces left behind for Switzerland to take advantage. 1st half over 1 goal @ 1.85 Bet365 low stake

Wikipedia usually has squad lists. In fact' date=' the Wikipedia link was the first one that came up when I typed in ''Cameroon squad.'' Didn't try that hard really, did you? :tongue2[/quote'] Hey Mate, I did have a look but didn't actually think of wikipedia. Thanks for letting me knw you c0cky git haha;)

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Croatia - Czech Republic Selection Czech Republic (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 3.91 Today is expected to be a hellish atmosphere on the new stadium Aldo Drosina which will see these match for the first time in history. Croatia is in full formation and I hope that they will magnify with a victory this opening of the stadium which will raise their morale before the continuation of qualification for the euro.Only missing is Luka M. But Croatia has the power to celebrate here.Im going to lay on Czech Republic.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Belgium - Finland Selection Over 2,5 goals Strength 10/10 Date 09/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.10 Although Belgium is a better & quality team that has the advantage of domestic court and the league that is already well-tuned on the other side Finland have a good team and its totally ready for the battle agaisnt the hosts.Twente attacker Nacer Chadli received his first call-up for the senior side and its expecting to be in squad but they are without Dembele and Fellaini.Belgium will tray to revenge here in Gent for the lost game in Finland (1:0) in that match the Belgium got most of the chances but just forgot to score so now i think its going to be the same.The Red Devils will take the initiative and Finland will strike from counter-attacks...but this time i hope that teams will succsesfully use their chances.Mikael Forssell will play for Finland. Very offensive formation on the both sides.Goals!

Holland is missing a few offensive players while a few others are questionable.
Luuk de Jong replaces Van Persie and is a very able replacement. They still have the likes of Sneijder, Kuyt and Elia. They should be able to see off Austria who are missing a few of their main players also.

Re: International Friendlies 8-10 February Poland-Norway The norwegians will field their strongest eleven from the beginning of the game. That will include every key player that has figured in the surge they have had lately when they have jumped the FIFA rankings the recent year. Most of them are also in the middle of their season, as they play in Europe in various leagues. Only five players in the squad is acting in their home leagues, which surely inclines that most of the squad are in form and does not need much match practice. Another point regarding them is that the competition is strong among the players. They would all want to be a part of the national team, as they think its an honour to be chosen to play for them. There will of course be some changes during the game, but coach Olsens strategy is clear in any matter. He believes in cosistency, and since that being his trademark (has led the team to a extremely higher standard) I dont see that changing today. That being said, it will depend some on how Poland will enter the game, but even if they should have a strong squad at their hands, they will most likely be much more experimental with their line-up than Norway will be. They surely has some decent players in their ranks, but I question their motivation in some degree and the lack of games they have played together. For Norway, players like Carew, Abdellaoue, B.Riise, Huseklepp and Tettey will be very motivated for various reasons, but in general the mood in the team is very good, and they would all want to impress Olsen and show their worth both to the team and the teammates. Its a friendly, and stakes should be lowered some, but motivation is not an issue for the norwegians at all, and that could definitely (beside quality) be the key that separates the teams today. Value on the norwegians, as they play on neutral ground in Algarve, Portugal. Norway, -0.25, 2.05+ 4/10

Luuk de Jong replaces Van Persie and is a very able replacement. They still have the likes of Sneijder' date=' Kuyt and Elia. They should be able to see off Austria who are missing a few of their main players also.[/quote'] Sneijder and Kuyt are questionable.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Romania-0,50AH(vs. Cyprus) 2,00 with bet365 Today Lucescu jr will completely change the team compared with yesterdays match against Ukrain.The first eleven will be GK Tatarusanu DEF Rapa,Tamas,Grigore,Salageanu MID Torje ,Ropotan ,Florescu,Zicu FOR Stancu , Marica I see much quality in this team especially in attack and given the fact that today's opponent is not the same level as Ukrain.I really think Romania can win today good luck:hope

Re: International Friendlies 8-10 February Denmark-England Motivation, motivation and more motivation, that is the key to this match which will be played in Copenhagen tonight. The danes will definitely not take lightly on this game, as they are set to rebuild and focus on the coming euro quals in march versus Norway. Manager Morten Olsen has stated that they need to be ready to face Norway in a fierce battle for spots in the table, and that meeting England should be a honest and stern test for his men. For the first time in many months, he could use his best players in order to get their game going, as several key men has returned from injury since their last national game (Agger, Bendtner etc.). In front of their own fans they could set the standard tonight and give the team a real boost before the important matches that come. The english side are slightly weakened when missing Gerrard and Ferdinand. Still, there is no doubt that they have very decent replacements to help them out. That being said, I cannot see them being fully at their game, as their league action is fully going, and that many of their players have more things to worry about these days. The importance of not getting injured should be laying inside their heads, and dampen their energy level some. Of course, they surely have players that would want to impress Capello by doing the works in the game, but they still need to function like a team in order to get something going, at least when they face a tough and motivated opponent like Denmark will be today. I am not implying that the players are reluctant to put up their game when they are playing for the national team, but the stakes are high for many these days, and that could definitely have an impact on how motivated the players are for this one. On top of that, there is no doubt that England has not performed very well of late in their national matches, and a fully fit Denmark is surely a far more difficult opponent than Montenegro (0-0) or Hungary (2-1) which they have struggled with the recent months. They also havent got many matches together, which also underlines that the stars from England may be in severe trouble tonight. That may be one of the keys for todays match-up, as Capello has had problems earlier in getting the players to act according to his systems and tactics. This one is no exception, even if the players are very professional indeed. We have seen it before, and we could just as easily see it again today. It is surely a slightly dangerous bet, but I will cover most ends with my picks, as I honestly dont believe England would win tonight. Denmark +0.25, 1.92+ @sbo 7/10 Denmark +0, 2.38+ @sbo 4/10 Denmark -0.5, 3.20+ @sbo 2/10

Re: International Friendlies 8-10 February In answer of a question earlier asked, here is the most likely lineup for Holland: Stekelenburg vd Wiel-Heitinga-Mathijsen-Pieters v Bommel-Sneijder-Janssen Kuyt-Huntelaar-Afellay Holland and Austria played 17 times against eachother. Holland wins 7, draw 4 and lost 6.

Macedonian media reported that Eto'o arrived in Skopje.
Hi guys, This is my first post and l'd like to post info about Macedonia-Camerun game.The match will be played on Arena FIlip 2 in Skopje (where Macedonia playes all matches) The pitch is very good today becouse the weather in Skopje is sunny and warm ( i mention this because if the weather is cold the pitch is very hard & tough for playing). Today our coach Jonuz is starting the match with 3 forwards (Pandev,Naumoski from Matersburg and Trickovski from Red Star) 4-3-3 formation so we shoud espect goals from this match because Eto is starting for Camerun.This are propoble line ups, Macedonia - Нурединовски, Лазаревски, Митрески, Новески, Лазевски, Деспотовски, Шумуликоски, Тасевски, Пандев, Наумоски, Тричковски Camerun - Asembe, Bedimo, Basong, Kolu, Chedu, N'Guemo, M'bia, Enox,Macoun, Eto, Vebo Sorry for bad spelling Camerun plauers So i thig it will be openad game with goals so my pick are OVER 2.5 Camerun @ 2.35

Hi guys, This is my first post and l'd like to post info about Macedonia-Camerun game.The match will be played on Arena FIlip 2 in Skopje (where Macedonia playes all matches) The pitch is very good today becouse the weather in Skopje is sunny and warm ( i mention this because if the weather is cold the pitch is very hard & tough for playing). Today our coach Jonuz is starting the match with 3 forwards (Pandev,Naumoski from Matersburg and Trickovski from Red Star) 4-3-3 formation so we shoud espect goals from this match because Eto is starting for Camerun.This are propoble line ups, Macedonia - Нурединовски, Лазаревски, Митрески, Новески, Лазевски, Деспотовски, Шумуликоски, Тасевски, Пандев, Наумоски, Тричковски Camerun - Asembe, Bedimo, Basong, Kolu, Chedu, N'Guemo, M'bia, Enox,Macoun, Eto, Vebo Sorry for bad spelling Camerun plauers So i thig it will be openad game with goals so my pick are OVER 2.5 Camerun @ 2.35
any missings for macedonia? thx

Luuk de Jong replaces Van Persie and is a very able replacement. They still have the likes of Sneijder' date=' Kuyt and Elia. They should be able to see off Austria who are missing a few of their main players also.[/quote'] I think Sneijder will play but he wont play the full 90mins because he just come back from injury and needs afew more games under his belt from inter before being fully fit, i think holland should win comfortably:clap

Re: International Friendlies 8-10 February

In answer of a question earlier asked, here is the most likely lineup for Holland: Stekelenburg vd Wiel-Heitinga-Mathijsen-Pieters v Bommel-Sneijder-Janssen Kuyt-Huntelaar-Afellay Holland and Austria played 17 times against eachother. Holland wins 7, draw 4 and lost 6.
Looks a decent side. Sneijder just back from injury, I believe, so should be fresh. Kuyt in good form for Liverpool, and Afellay recently making a goal-scoring bow for Barca. Huntelaar, possibly the hottest striker in European international football right now.