The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread He's had some bad rides this week but credit to Richard Hughes there. :clap Drawn stall 17, big balls to drop the horse in at the back of the field and then produce the horse like that to win going away. Amazing horse but also an amazing ride.

Re: The Jockey Thread Richard Hughes heads to Ponty tomorrow for 3 rides, one for Haggas and one for Cumani and they look his 2 best chances. His record at Ponty over the last 5 year is 0 from 4 rides but all 4 rides were this season. It is rare for him to pay us a visit in Yorkshire so it will be interesting to see if he leaves empty handed.

Re: The Jockey Thread 1930 Naas.... I can't be arsed to watch a replay of that shambles and I suspect Moth will be reported as being struck into or carrying an injury. COULD be the worst ride in history.... I don't think so but I'll let Erhaab take a look first!! :rollin Couldn't help myself.... Watched the replay. Very much looking forward to Erhaab's views :D http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/26-06-2013/naas/result/568473/irish-stallion-farms-e-b-f-naas-oaks-trial-fillies-listed/video?token=5a3c5541fb

Re: The Jockey Thread

1930 Naas.... I can't be arsed to watch a replay of that shambles and I suspect Moth will be reported as being struck into or carrying an injury. COULD be the worst ride in history.... I don't think so but I'll let Erhaab take a look first!! :rollin
Job done..by the MAFIA...Money flooding on DARWIN in the next...youll see a different jockey here:cigar

And bolted up...
Didn't back either one - hope you did (Darwin anyway!) - but I did have Moth down as a 2/5 chance when Boyles were showing 8/11 last night - albeit briefly. Load of bollocks! Maybe they'll get away with blaming the ground even though JOB only managed to find enough room over 4f to pick up the whip once!!! Maybe the sport woudl be better if horses were trained to chase a hare or whatever - like greyhounds - and then there would be less human interference etc!! At the start of that sentance I thought I was joking but now I think about it, it would actually make sense!!! lol

Didn't back either one - hope you did (Darwin anyway!) - but I did have Moth down as a 2/5 chance when Boyles were showing 8/11 last night - albeit briefly. Load of bollocks! Maybe they'll get away with blaming the ground even though JOB only managed to find enough room over 4f to pick up the whip once!!! Maybe the sport woudl be better if horses were trained to chase a hare or whatever - like greyhounds - and then there would be less human interference etc!! At the start of that sentance I thought I was joking but now I think about it, it would actually make sense!!! lol
NA did have a go...IRISH racing is a no go area now..a law to themselves. I would rather have a go a Indian Racing. Had a couple of bets on Bowens horses today, Honest trainer whose horses are all having a go. But that im sure that will take a nose dive soon. There was a race at Worcester today, the winner is entered up a few times in the next week, so long as the ground don't change its worth following.....Also LAMBORO LAD Sunday, must have a great chance if he gets in..gl m8

1930 Naas.... I can't be arsed to watch a replay of that shambles and I suspect Moth will be reported as being struck into or carrying an injury. COULD be the worst ride in history.... I don't think so but I'll let Erhaab take a look first!! :rollin Couldn't help myself.... Watched the replay. Very much looking forward to Erhaab's views :D http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/26-06-2013/naas/result/568473/irish-stallion-farms-e-b-f-naas-oaks-trial-fillies-listed/video?token=5a3c5541fb
I don't bet everyday and rarely touch Irish racing merely because I don't follow it outside of the top races but a friend rang me up yesterday and said it was the best bet of the day. I told him to put some on for me as I work late most days. Anyway just got home and watched the race. Luckily I didn't have a big bet simply because Young Joseph was onboard. Had it been a more experienced jockey I might have followed my friend's advice and played big. In regards to the race, I was confident during the first half of the race, then it looked very ordinary, don't know whether it was a cr.ap ride or there was something wrong with the horse. Thank god I scaled down my bet. Anybody else think Young Joseph is not worthy of having a max bet?

And Joseph had 2 winners today' date=' ye seem to forget that ~......[/quote'] Of course he's going to ride plenty of winners, he's on the best horses a lot of the time, I'm not saying he's a rubbish jockey. sometimes you don't fully understand what I'm trying to say. Or maybe it's the fact that I don't fully explain what I mean. I don't think he'd have a similar level of success if he wasn't Aiden's son. I don't that an outfit like Godolphin would seek to use him if there were any spare rides in some top races . Young Joseph's predecessors Kinane, Spencer and Murtagh all rode for Godolphin first colours when spare rides were available on a regular basis.

Of course he's going to ride plenty of winners, he's on the best horses a lot of the time, I'm not saying he's a rubbish jockey. sometimes you don't fully understand what I'm trying to say. Or maybe it's the fact that I don't fully explain what I mean. I don't think he'd have a similar level of success if he wasn't Aiden's son. I don't that an outfit like Godolphin would seek to use him if there were any spare rides in some top races . Young Joseph's predecessors Kinane, Spencer and Murtagh all rode for Godolphin first colours when spare rides were available on a regular basis.
No, as Godolphin have a big wad of jockeys already as it stands. Dermot Weld, John Oxx, Marco Botti, Mark Johnston, Michael Bell and Richard Fahey have acquired him in the past. Even Paul Nicholls has acquired him, and I remember he had 2 winners for William Haggas in the past. He is no superstar is Joseph, but he is darn good.

Re: The Jockey Thread The most astonishing...and perhaps annoying thing about MOTH......1....Our intrepid reporter on atr had a 5 min interview with him(JOB), and asked him every question under the sun, I thought he was even going to ask him how is love life was going. But never touched on the MOTH race.....WELL AND TRUELY DODGED, guess he was told to stay away from the subject, In fact he must have been told, surely he aint that thick! .....2. The jockey of the winner, is no saint, he has a very suspect past,,,,,not me guessing, its all there in black n white.......DONT QUESTION THE MAFIA in Ireland, you;ll be a marked man...That is what has come out of this race, You really need your head checking if you back in Irish races.

Re: The Jockey Thread I didn't dare turn on ATR because I had a horrible feeling that would be the case - ATR are held to ransom by the trainers and jockeys and the Bookmakers can do as they like because they sponser everything!! IMHO. Never touch Irish Racing myself but would have assumed pattern racing would be ok. Not sure. What I don't liek about AOB et al is the way his horses dip in and out of tip top form race to race. Fame And Glory, Power and Roderic O Connor(was that his name?) are 3 off the top of my head that have been beaten miles and then won when well backed on their next assignment. I know they aren't machines, I don't think given the Betfair SPs that there is anything neccesserily dodgy about Moth(just a really rubbish ride and horse off form perhaps?), and don't wish to antagonise. I also know other stables do it as well but it's a personal opinion that AOB is a genius but if you aren't in the loop they are a very hard stable to get right. And let's not even start on the SNA drift in the King George last year and the subsequent ride!! They are bound to get noted more because of the standard of the horse they house but I for one do not get on with it punting wise.

Re: The Jockey Thread Its an easy game to manipulate over there....EG..A top G1 winner in Europe, has an off day in a G2 or even a G1 in Ireland, being major odds on, and beaten by a stable companion, who in reality would never get to winning a G1 or G2 on a level playing field...But when that horse is shipped to Australia or wherever its standing, the cover value doubles, for the top pattern race win...Its all about money and finding the right opportunity for this to happen, I can think of several occasions when a major odds on AOB has finished 2nd or 3rd to one of his others in a top pattern race, Its happened in the rest of Europe a couple of times, but not at extreme odds on prices. Double bubble for the breeding trade, and if people are in the loop, they get paid big on the day. These are my assumptions, and I have no evidence, however it happens to many times for my pessimistic mind.

The most astonishing...and perhaps annoying thing about MOTH......1....Our intrepid reporter on atr had a 5 min interview with him(JOB)' date=' and asked him every question under the sun, I thought he was even going to ask him how is love life was going. [b']But never touched on the MOTH race.....WELL AND TRUELY DODGED, guess he was told to stay away from the subject, In fact he must have been told, surely he aint that thick! .....2. The jockey of the winner, is no saint, he has a very suspect past,,,,,not me guessing, its all there in black n white.......DONT QUESTION THE MAFIA in Ireland, you;ll be a marked man...That is what has come out of this race, You really need your head checking if you back in Irish races.
You know nothing about Irish racing, so your remarks about Irish racing are actually hilarious.

You know nothing about Irish racing' date=' so your remarks about Irish racing are actually hilarious.[/quote'] I'm on the fence Aidy - enlighten me! Obviously there are conspiracy theorists all over the place (most of which we can ignore) but Irish Racing has not got the best of reputations to be fair. I have very rarely ventured over to Irish shores for a bet because I normally find the fields are way too big. In pattern races etc, I'd still show an ROI similar to the English races but there have been some results that have me scratching my head - usually involving AOB to be fair. I'd be interested to hear your views on whether the assumption that the Irish Racing scene and/or AOB is worth betting into or best avoided altogether. Obviously we can pick n choose our races that we bet in but I'd be interested to hear a native's point of view as such. I am in no way saying that English racing is straight - I think it's well established that it isn't as has been proven in the courts - I do think the top end is still straight enough but as I say - on the fence concerning Irish Racing atm.

Re: The Jockey Thread The Joseph O'Brien chat gets on my tits. He is clearly a very competent jockey, and still very young. With the money at stake do you really think Aidan would be putting him on his first string rides in big races if he didn't believe in his abilities? If Joseph wasn't Aidan's son he would be receiving greater praise.

I'm on the fence Aidy - enlighten me! Obviously there are conspiracy theorists all over the place (most of which we can ignore) but Irish Racing has not got the best of reputations to be fair. I have very rarely ventured over to Irish shores for a bet because I normally find the fields are way too big. In pattern races etc, I'd still show an ROI similar to the English races but there have been some results that have me scratching my head - usually involving AOB to be fair. I'd be interested to hear your views on whether the assumption that the Irish Racing scene and/or AOB is worth betting into or best avoided altogether. Obviously we can pick n choose our races that we bet in but I'd be interested to hear a native's point of view as such. I am in no way saying that English racing is straight - I think it's well established that it isn't as has been proven in the courts - I do think the top end is still straight enough but as I say - on the fence concerning Irish Racing atm.
Ok, my tuppence. Why on earth would Aidan O'Brien try make sure Moth lost last night? This horse ran in the Oaks and the 1000 Guineas. Do some people on here think Aidan was laying the horse on Betfair or something? What exactly would Aidan have to gain from pulling the horse up in a €50,000 Listed race? I would love to be enlightened, because the horse has gone from competing in Group 1's to getting mullered in a Listed race, the value of the horse would have decreased a heck of a lot after that effort 2 days ago. Just because his "outsider" wins, it had to be a fiddle? Again, in my opinion, people get too caught up on price. Moth was what, 2/5 or something like that? The winner 8/1.. For all you or I know, the winner that was 8/1 is a better horse than Moth, no? Aidan doesn't control prices, he trains his horses, and lets them run, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Aidan would pull Moth up in a race. He firstly doesn't need money, and secondly why would he decrease the value of his animal, afterall the money is in the breeding. Why I am a bit annoyed about this, is this reason.. Now, I do not know Aidan O'Brien, or any of his family..... But, I do know people who do know him, and I know one person that knows him very well. And from what I have heard, and from his manner on and off the track, Aidan O'Brien is an absolute gentleman, one of the sports absolute treasures, racing would be in a bit of bother without him imo, he loves the public, never shy's away from the camera, and for some clueless people that don't know him, or even know Irish racing for that matter, to accuse him of being corrupt, is absolutely laughable. I sincerely doubt there is anybody with more integrity in the sport today that O'Briens operations. Of course, Irish racing is corrupt, as is British. However, UK racing cannot survive without Irish racing. We have better horses, better jockeys, and the best trainers. Cheltenham is such a huge success every year because of the Irish. Royal Ascot is so successful because of the Irish, even the Queen's Gold Cup winner, Estimate, is an Irish horse. The Irish supplied the Queen her long-lost winner. Don't hate the Irish, love us.

Ok, my tuppence. Why on earth would Aidan O'Brien try make sure Moth lost last night? This horse ran in the Oaks and the 1000 Guineas. Do some people on here think Aidan was laying the horse on Betfair or something? What exactly would Aidan have to gain from pulling the horse up in a €50,000 Listed race? I would love to be enlightened, because the horse has gone from competing in Group 1's to getting mullered in a Listed race, the value of the horse would have decreased a heck of a lot after that effort 2 days ago. Just because his "outsider" wins, it had to be a fiddle? Again, in my opinion, people get too caught up on price. Moth was what, 2/5 or something like that? The winner 8/1.. For all you or I know, the winner that was 8/1 is a better horse than Moth, no? Aidan doesn't control prices, he trains his horses, and lets them run, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Aidan would pull Moth up in a race. He firstly doesn't need money, and secondly why would he decrease the value of his animal, afterall the money is in the breeding. Why I am a bit annoyed about this, is this reason.. Now, I do not know Aidan O'Brien, or any of his family..... But, I do know people who do know him, and I know one person that knows him very well. And from what I have heard, and from his manner on and off the track, Aidan O'Brien is an absolute gentleman, one of the sports absolute treasures, racing would be in a bit of bother without him imo, he loves the public, never shy's away from the camera, and for some clueless people that don't know him, or even know Irish racing for that matter, to accuse him of being corrupt, is absolutely laughable. I sincerely doubt there is anybody with more integrity in the sport today that O'Briens operations. Of course, Irish racing is corrupt, as is British. However, UK racing cannot survive without Irish racing. We have better horses, better jockeys, and the best trainers. Cheltenham is such a huge success every year because of the Irish. Royal Ascot is so successful because of the Irish, even the Queen's Gold Cup winner, Estimate, is an Irish horse. The Irish supplied the Queen her long-lost winner. Don't hate the Irish, love us.
I could argue every point you have put up here, There is so much you say *thru rose tinted*, however I fear that you would not agree with any of the points I may come up with. Your last paragraph shows you are staunch in your views, and I cant be arsed hitting my head against a brick wall, However I do believe there is no one in this sport that is clean, but to put AOB backers and stable clean above all in Europe is just laughable.

Re: The Jockey Thread I sincerely doubt there is anybody with more integrity in the sport today that O'Briens operations. that must be the absolute joke of the year. I find it laughable that so many people seem to think higher graded races don't have dubious stuff going on-you only have to look at the exchanges to see the amount traded on these races to know that it is so easy for money to be laid without any notice being taken at all especially on the short priced jollies.

Re: The Jockey Thread and without naming names there are quite a few jockeys that you can generally only ever back for straight win as you know if it fades in the last furlong it will not be ridden out for a place as it has been layed for a place on the exchanges-and nobody ever says a word.Don't you find it curious that the only people that seem to have been investigated in the UK for shenanigans are generally not big players but people who for one reason or another seem to have fallen out with people higher up the tree so to speak

Thanks for taking the time. To be clear, on this occasion, I don't think connections laid Moth - am open to ideas and others opinions. If anything, it shows the perils of betting odds on shots. BSPs would suggest JOB just had a mare which they all do at times. I think it's a bit sust ATR didn't mention it to him or the Press hardly covered it though. Not sure I agree that English racing wouldn't survive without the Irish equivilent. Sure - the overall standard would be poorer but there are enough addicts and dreamers to ensure the sport would survive. I think in areas, the game is corrupt on both sides of the water and its up to us to take advantage or try and avoid it!!

Its an easy game to manipulate over there....EG..A top G1 winner in Europe' date=' has an off day in a G2 or even a G1 in Ireland, being major odds on, and beaten by a stable companion, who in reality would never get to winning a G1 or G2 on a level playing field...But when that horse is shipped to Australia or wherever its standing, the cover value doubles, for the top pattern race win...Its all about money and finding the right opportunity for this to happen, I can think of several occasions when a major odds on AOB has finished 2nd or 3rd to one of his others in a top pattern race, Its happened in the rest of Europe a couple of times, but not at extreme odds on prices. Double bubble for the breeding trade, and if people are in the loop, they get paid big on the day. These are my assumptions, and I have no evidence, however it happens to many times for my pessimistic mind.[/quote'] 7.30 CURR....FLYING THE FLAG...The only 1 of the 3 not to win a GROUP race, this entire has just trebled his stud fee.....EASY STUFF...when you hold all the aces.

Re: The Jockey Thread 3.10 PERTH....Dougie Costello....needs a wake up call...20 lens down jumping 3rd last,,,got serious when 10 lens down after the last,,,gets beat 1/2 len...Feel sorry for punters who backed it in from 12/1.....All you ask for is a fair crack...He is another who is going downhill...Shocking ride.

Fallon relieved of his riding duties for Sheikh Mohammed Obaid Al Maktoum but will still ride for Luca Cumani.. Anyone know why?
He is not far off 50....Not as hungry as he once was, Not as quick thinking as he once was...There are better and Hungrier jocks out there, I could be wrong, he may have pi44ed him off(the owner)....Fallon has done that before,,,NO Loss IMO, had his best days.

Maybe the owners would like a change of jockeys or simply they don't want him. Fallon in the past has been sacked by many owners over the years notably Maktoum al Maktoum' date=' the Queen after losing the Oaks on Flight of Fancy,I don't recall him having another ride for Henry Cecil's since their split about 14 years ago.[/quote'] Who hasn't sacked Fallon in the last 15 years? Don't forget Ibrahim Araci a couple of years ago who owned Native Khan. The list is endless.