The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread You would bank on BG getting 5, a good chance on more, that will be tough to beat. 5/4 best price. Ruby 2/1 looks bad, cant see him getting more than 3. As for DR..also max of 3 for me. What is bad is SKYBET N BETFAIR, leaving robert thornton in their list, shameful.:@

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Jockey Thread As reported last summer former banned jockey A Culhane quietly sneaked off to India to ride, I now have noticed his quiet return. It will come as no surprise to me or you that his next few rides are for G Baker (trainer) , Jo Hughes (aka P Blockley ) and Musson.!! Old habits die hard. Expect an unexpected win or for them to be tailed off. David Flood will be pleased about his return.

Re: The Jockey Thread

As reported last summer former banned jockey A Culhane quietly sneaked off to India to ride, I now have noticed his quiet return. It will come as no surprise to me or you that his next few rides are for G Baker (trainer) , Jo Hughes (aka P Blockley ) and Musson.!! Old habits die hard. Expect an unexpected win or for them to be tailed off. David Flood will be pleased about his return.
As highlighted many times in the past , with the George Baker horses , you cannot be reliant on form or price . You need the secret nod , which as we all know very few are privy to. Earlier today he had a 4/6 fav in a 7 runner race , which is beaten over 100 lengths last !! . punters thought it was a good thing but unfortunately the nod wasn't given.

Re: The Jockey Thread Tony Pulhane, is just one of those Cheats that was allowed to come back, and work his rotten ways all over again, Im all for 2nd chances but this guy is PI££ING in the face of the BHA, and a banned trainer, who fronts thru his wife is using him... When i think of hard working "honest" jockeys trying to make a living, and some getting badly injunred, tell me some people are not thinking,,Why not him?, he would have been no loss...I am, for 1.

Re: The Jockey Thread Any jockey who has displayed a lack of integrity in the past should be monitored by the authorities, I agree they should be allowed a second chance but if they go back to their old ways they should be permanently banned from all aspects of the sport. Fergal Lynch banned in Britain, USA is able to ride in Ireland and Dubai why don't the authorities share info? J F Egan now trainer. Graham Bradley applying for his trainers licence..........bloody joke.....ordinary punters will get shafted without even realizing it.

A Culhane had one ride today for P Blockley' date=' well backed 2nd fav...........last, job done.[/quote'] Surely if it was well backed, it would suggest they lost money. If it drifts like the other one Primeval mentioned, then it is worth taking note of.

Yes well backed by ordinary punters not the connections.
Oh, and how do you know that may I ask? Seems to me if a horse drifts and he loses , it is corrupt, and if a horse is backed and lose, it is corrupt. At the end of the day, you or I don't have a bloody clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Re: The Jockey Thread Reminds me of a story my grandad tells about running a book at the local dog track. He owned one of the dogs racing, knew it couldnt win and was laying it all day long to some bloke who backed it off the boards. Except it did win. Shocked, he started looking for answers. The guy who had backed it, it turned out, owned all the other dogs in the race. Said he could do nothing but laugh. Point is, maybe the horses that win/lose these suspicious gambles arent the right target. May well be that others conspire to make it look that way.

Oh, and how do you know that may I ask? Seems to me if a horse drifts and he loses , it is corrupt, and if a horse is backed and lose, it is corrupt. At the end of the day, you or I don't have a bloody clue what goes on behind the scenes.
The fact it was second favourite tells us it was well backed, and the fact that A Culhane seemingly didn't try to get the best possible placing tells us the connections didn't have a bet , so therefore it was ordinary punters money. Obviously this is merely my opinion before the forum police get their batons out. Primevil can you recall the job Culhane did on that B Hills horse at Pontefract about 10 years ago, he was a furlong clear at the closing stages and managed to get it beat, think he got the maximum possible ban, it was owned by K Abdullah, can't remember the name.

Re: The Jockey Thread Maktoum Al Maktoum..True Courage, 21 days ban, Barry Hills, The ban was a joke. The off shot of that dark day, was it highlighted the money that could be made from laying a horse. Im sure it was around 1.6 on BF. Betfair was starting to get 1/2 a million plus a race and really taking off, But it was the first of many, Blatent cheating in horse racing. The owner had 1 good horse with Barry Hills Storming home, that was moved that season, Culhane was definately in the bookies pockets that day, Corruption of the highest order. A leopard never changes it spots, and should have never been allowed back into UK racing, If you fancy a FAV and he is on it, LEAVE IT, let the race go, Youll be better off in the long run.

Re: The Jockey Thread Willie Musson a trainer who is supplying rides to A Culhane, yesterday had a winner in Madame Allsorts. Her form figures were 056606U , hardly encouraging, yet she was only 4/1 and won. Maybe the connections had a good punt, hence the short price. As stated in the past, this particular trainer, form and odds of horse are no indication of whether it'll win or not. You need the secret nod. Culhane is favoured by this trainer because of his handbraking techniques.

Re: The Jockey Thread Multiple Gr1 winning jockey Sam Thomas has had a tough few years since being given his P45 by Paul Nicholls after a few high profile losses. He has been struggling for quantity and quality since. This past Cheltenham he only had one ride which was an outsider not a hcap. This past week he's been on a couple of very short priced horses which looked like the winner a furlong out only a lose in the closing stages. I think needs to get his confidence back, a few years back he would have won on them. I hope he makes a U turn soon,he's still a decent jockey.

Re: The Jockey Thread I wanted to back RYAN MOORE for champion Jockey. So after Rory Juwani STAN JAMES, telling me on TV you can have 7/2(best price), Just phoned them up...Tells me I can have £50. I wish i was there at Donny, id embarress the life out of him.

Re: The Jockey Thread i think competent jockey Graham Lee is a good outsider at 14/1 for the jockeys title. He had a fantastic debut flat season and I'm sure he'll want to improve on last year. He'll have plenty of ammo from many northern dual purpose trainers such as the Easterby's and Goldie etc. 14/1 at this moment in time looks big, hecould be much shorter during mid summer where you can trade out and guarantee yourself a profit. If he decides to shy away from the big meetings like a former dual title holder, it could work to his advantage. Richard Hughes is the slight odds on fav, but if he's not in contention he won't make the effort. Ryan Moore is a very good second fav if he stays injury free.

JT McNamara recovering but at the cost of paralysis' date=' according to BBC News. Doesn't specify whether short or long term, or how severe. Fingers crossed for all involved.[/quote'] very sad for him and his family, a tough road ahead

Re: The Jockey Thread Great to see multiple Gr1 winning jockey Ryan Moore have a big winner today in Meydan for AP O'Brien, as I said in the past, I think it's only a matter of time before he takes the roll of number 1 jockey,I think he's playing a waiting game, waiting for enough zeros to be put into the contract. Young Joseph ,competent as he is, just doesn't have the experience. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets his P45 in the next year or two.

Re: The Jockey Thread Would argue that suggesting he'd get his p45 in a "year or two" negates the validity of it being experience that costs him. Ability is wide open to debate however. Wouldn't be too surprised that the move to start runners over fences is with a view to making Joseph first string for that operation. Keeps everyone in the family happy, plus quite simply, he's more the size of a jump jockey. Weight will always be a serious issue for him if he doesn't switch.

Re: The Jockey Thread Experience in riding is accumulated over many years, Young Joseph had barely ridden in 2000 races, a young fresh faced JP Spencer or Frank as some punters unaffectionately dubbed him only lasted a season after making a series of howlers in top races which potentially affected stud values. Young Joseph will probably move to one side citing " weight issues ".

Experience in riding is accumulated over many years, Young Joseph had barely ridden in 2000 races, a young fresh faced JP Spencer or Frank as some punters unaffectionately dubbed him only lasted a season after making a series of howlers in top races which potentially affected stud values. Young Joseph will probably move to one side citing " weight issues ".
Why are you so harsh on Joseph? I tell you what, he gave St Nicholas Abbey a belter of a ride yesterday. He does have weight issues, he is 5 foot 11, which is very very tall for a jockey, so of course he has weight issues.. Find it ironic you saying Spencer dubbed him when Spencer has thrown more races away than any other jockey in the history of the sport. Another Group 1 on Joseph's list, you keep the insults coming Erhaab, in the meantime he will keep on winning those Group 1's.. :nana 15 Group 1's..... at the age of 19! Ryan Moore has 31 Group 1's at the age of 30.. Not too shabby Joseph.

Re: The Jockey Thread My Opinion. Jamie Spencer, is rubbish in G1's G2's..I think he should have ridden at least a dozen more than he has, thru, being well,,"not up to the job" JO'B. Has got the fire power, without doubt, and my only worry, is not his placement of a horse in a race...thats fine, he does his homework, its the strength in that last furlong to get them home in a tight one, the strength must deminish when wasting away for such a tall jockey,,,, Lester was tall..but "brutal" to a horse in a finish, no other adjective can be used,,absolutely brutal..But thats all that mattered to him, getting a horse over the line in a G1. For his stud share. These days you wont get away with that, so for me J;OB is a more than capable pilot, and a well better jockey than spencer, but do remember, he was earmarked from a very early age to be number 1...by hook or by crook, and had the very best jockeys, teaching him all they know, on tap. You cant compare him with RM, Ryan altho having Stoute as a backbone for a yard, has had to really graft thru the ranks, to get his name in lights, and lets face it, if it was not for some really bad injuries in his 20;s...That G1 tally would be approaching 40 if not broken, He is wanted around the world to sit on horses....No other flat jockey in Europe comes near the "silent assain" at this present time. If he stays fit...... Ill say add another five G1's around the world this season. For who knows what trainer, If J'OB gets five G1's its only for 1 yard, I doubt there are many other top flat yards around the world would put him up first in a G1. Unless Coolmore owned a leg or two. Just my opinion.:D