** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread

I like Young Joseph and Tom Queally, both very good, however both not top class, although Queally is not far off top class. Young Joseph is probably about 5 years away . It won't be long before Queally is in the same league as Moore ,Murtagh, Dettori, Spencer etc...
I'm not sure how much longer Joseph will be riding for? He is so tall, far too tall that if continues to ride off this weight, it could be very bad for his health. I doubt he would go to national hunt, but I can't see him riding on the flat for too much longer, maybe another 1 or 2 years?

If there is ever a Jockey on the down turn over the last few years..It has to be TED DURCAN...his stats are now struggling to hit 10%' date=' for a once very good jockey...Seen him in a couple tonight..woefull, well and truly a jockey to dodge IMO.[/quote'] I don't like to engage in jockey bashing for being rubbish however,I have to agree he has seemingly declined of late.I backed him in a couple of races today and was disappointed with the outcome of his riding performances. He used to be very competent, maybe it's the horses he's riding.

SDS definitely the best jockey this year if a horse needs scrubbing along from an early stage. Did it twice this evening at Doncaster' date=' brilliant rides.[/quote'] I like him very much like him ,a top class jockeys in the making. Given the right push he could be Champion Jockey in the near future.

I don't like to engage in jockey bashing for being rubbish however,I have to agree he has seemingly declined of late.I backed him in a couple of races today and was disappointed with the outcome of his riding performances. He used to be very competent, maybe it's the horses he's riding.
nothing wrong with the horse...I seen those races..poor effort...he will be forgotten about soon..his agent must be really struggling even the Dunlop yard are seeing him for what he is.....WEAK VERY WEAK

nothing wrong with the horse...I seen those races..poor effort...he will be forgotten about soon..his agent must be really struggling even the Dunlop yard are seeing him for what he is.....WEAK VERY WEAK
I don't watch racing on a daily basis , is he still retained jockey from Sheikh Mohammeds son ,Rashid ? ( dark blue colours )

Re: The Jockey Thread Jockeys with 2yo's 2013 O'brien 21 wins, 50 rides Barzalona 13 in 38 Hughes 30 in 100 Moore 15 in 63 Callan 16 in 71 These are the top 5 jocks with 10 wins or over with 2yo's this year. Lowest SR is 23%. Barzalona is showing a nice profit, Callan is showing just pennies but to BFSP is bigger.

Re: The Jockey Thread If Secret Number had a clear run, the rest were playing for 2nd, simple as that. Hampered three bloody times and also a poor ride from Silvestre. You watch hughesie in races like this, he sticks to the outside turning from home more times than not. Key to goodwood is stay out of trouble, De Sousa finished 5th on the best horse. Poor ride from Buick too, but Secret Number was the real loser.

If Secret Number had a clear run, the rest were playing for 2nd, simple as that. Hampered three bloody times and also a poor ride from Silvestre. You watch hughesie in races like this, he sticks to the outside turning from home more times than not. Key to goodwood is stay out of trouble, De Sousa finished 5th on the best horse. Poor ride from Buick too, but Secret Number was the real loser.
Watched this with an interest and I agree Secret Number should have done better. SDS had a shocker and let something in on his outside 2f out - at that point he was fecked and it was a case of hoping he got the breaks. He rides a 2yo later that I think is overpriced. I will probably back him but SDS's record around here is SHOCKING!!!! Around 3% which for one of the best Jocks about is pretty poor!! :( Can't give an opinion on who would have won as I've not paid attention to a replay as yet :unsure

Re: The Jockey Thread Secret number won't be in the same parish next time they meet....7/1 for the Stl?..be 2/1 on the day...I'll have any bet with anyone at evens..that anything in this race comes up against secret knowledge again..will be 2nd to him.....YOU HAVE JUST SEEN YOUR LAST CLASSIC WINNER TODAY..

Have watched the fav's run through now. He and Secret Number were the best two in the race. SN had the worst run through though for sure. You say the fav was unlucky because ultimately he went down by a short margin but if both had clear runs' date=' I don't see how SN doesn't win.[/quote'] Secret Numbers attitude def a disadvantage wasnt top notch today, pulling unruly and nervous...heavy neck sweat, lool at the replay and see the pull early on the bend + the white sweating under the neck in the closing stages.

Secret Numbers attitude def a disadvantage wasnt top notch today' date=' pulling unruly and nervous...heavy neck sweat, lool at the replay and see the pull early on the bend + the white sweating under the neck in the closing stages.[/quote'] Yeah I know, made his run extra good to be honest. If the gap comes when he's got his momentum back he has first run on the fav and wins. That's how I see it personally.

Yeah I know' date=' made his run extra good to be honest. If the gap comes when he's got his momentum back he has first run on the fav and wins. That's how I see it personally.[/quote'] I wouldnt take the form of this race very serious, a downhill track form questionable coupled with poor pace, Was a lot of luck in that race.

Re: The Jockey Thread Connor King, apprentice jockey.. Not for long :loon Four winners at Cork tonight from 5 rides, the other placed at 11/2. Winners were 16/1, 11/4, 20/1 and 10/1.. £14,725 for a £1 stake. This boy is going places.

Re: The Jockey Thread Another handicap mark protected in the 9.00 at Kempton earlier, Tom Queally definitely stopped his mount Tagalaka from achieving the best possible placing, coming down the outside like a train, quick glance across, hands dropped.