The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread Hardly think he's an unknown quantity He did well today, not knocking him at all but with a horse like frankel it is not exactly hard. Pressure on him was immense though so credit where credit is due

Re: The Jockey Thread

anyone see Spencer on Dance and Dance in the 3.05 Goodwood' date=' EW punters would not have been happy with him standing up & losing 4th[/quote'] suprised the stewards didn't ask him in for a little chat, maybe not they were probably on the Pimms

Re: The Jockey Thread Another good rode by Tom Queally this time on Midday to win the Gr1 Nassau , rode with patience kicking on in the latter stages . Also yesterday winning a Gr3 on Chachamaidee again riding with plenty of patience. Seems to be riding with a lot more confidence after a few seemingly mistimed rides rides in the early part of the season. I have absolutely no doubt he will become a top jockey within a few short years. Well done Tom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: The Jockey Thread Thought Johnson gave Tae Kwon Do a poor ride. Pulled for ages and only went down by a length. Yeah possibly didn't want to lead on him seen as he veered left at every fence at Perth when he did that, but I reckon if he let him get on with it at the left handed track today, he'd have won quite cosily.

• 3 weeks later...

What the **** was Hughsey doing on Waffle in the Portland? Clearly holding him up but was travelling still then found himself way off the pace when things stepped up and could never get in it
He's been doing that all week in the sprints. Didn't really pick up though so on this occasion I don't really feel hard done by.

Something I've learned is Don't back a frontrunner if Jamie Spencer is onboard! Rather than get them to the front and dicate the race, Spencer wants to drop them in-behind the pack to make a late run. Fails everytime.
The frustrating thing is, that he's actually a very good jockey from the front !

Re: The Jockey Thread Personally, I like Jamie Spencer on front runners. Think he's a good judge of pace from the front. Richard Hills is the one I've come on to moan about, he's useless. Its interesting how Taqleed suddently wins when Hills is taken off. Tagdh O'Shea gave him an unbeleivable ride to win at Newbury today. Bit of juice in the ground helped a little too no doubt.

Re: The Jockey Thread Fin: Have to agree with your post. JP is pretty good on front runners whilst R.Hills ain't the best. Best lay system, Hills when priced under 2's:ok Spencer gets a lot of grief but he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. His riding style will always leave him open to criticism.

Fin: Have to agree with your post. JP is pretty good on front runners whilst R.Hills ain't the best. Best lay system, Hills when priced under 2's:ok Spencer gets a lot of grief but he's nowhere near as bad as people make out. His riding style will always leave him open to criticism.
If he wants to ride the majority of his horses from the back then fair enough. But the man has been a professional jockey for over 10 years now, he should have learnt to do it more accurately by now. On occassions he's clearly under the best horse or with the most horse underneath him and making ground up hand over fist in the last couple of furlongs but still finishes 3l down. His worst trait though for me is not knowing where to have his horse positioned at the right time in the race when everyone is getting ready to make the final push. He just seems so adamant to be sat right at the very back even when he has horses in front of him far inferior to his own. His life is full of bad mistakes. Ramsden

backed Journalistic in a multiple bet for 13:30 Salis thought I had won and what a finish from George Baker on Oxfor Charlie a horse to look out for and excellent timing. Great ride George. Pipped me out of my first in a yank.
George Baker is a jockey to always keep an eye on. Not that youl want to watch the race again, but here is the race again. 13:30 at Salisbury http://horses.sportinglife.com/Video/Racing/0,27770,462520,00.html