** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread

Poor ride from Ryan Moore on Crystal Capella at Haydock today. Never put in the race.
Exactly what I said and that was not just talking from my pocket. I knew it was beaten way out, held up way too far off the pace, gave rivals first run and never picked up. Should have been much nearer the business end by the 2f pole. Spencer would have been slated for a ride like that but everyone's darling Ryan Moore will get away with it. Spencer was good on Activate yesterday. I expected a front running ride as Hayley Turner had made all over 1m6f and won hands and heels on it. I was worried when I saw him holding it up but he pulled it out for a run when needed and got there well. No one has mentioned Philip Robinson at Sandown on Thursday yet. Stayed on the far rail when the rest tacked across and could have ended up very clever or very silly but for him it turned out to be a genius of a move and was about 2 lengths up on the field. Made a brave deicision against the grain and it paid off.

What about Focal in the 4.50 at Notts today? Best jockey in the country my arse!
Didn't see that one. What happened Milen? Did you see Fallon's ride on Veiled for Henderson yesterday, came crusing through the pack and just kicked clear to win well? I know people don't like him because they think he's a crook but he's a bloody good jockey too. :ok

Didn't see that one. What happened Milen? Did you see Fallon's ride on Veiled for Henderson yesterday, came crusing through the pack and just kicked clear to win well? I know people don't like him because they think he's a crook but he's a bloody good jockey too. :ok
Well he took the lead in order to set a good pace, but didn't really do so. Then when they quickened he had 2 horses challenging and he went for it too early. Ajtebi basically mugged him. Watching all from behind and committing late. I backed Veiled, but didn't tip. She would've won at Puchestown if it was over 2f or 3f longer. Barry knew she's all stamina, so tried to make it a test, but she tired and got passed late. She's probably 130-140 over hurdles, so 80 on the flat was very lenient yesterday. Feared Old Hundred, but he was a complete no show.

Re: The Jockey Thread Excellent ride. I had a cheeky tenner on him being top jock at 40/1 but even at this early stage is is highly unlikely, but I do rate him. I actually backed Transfer as well unfortunately, but it was an excellent ride

Re: The Jockey Thread Another great ride from Queally, goes to the front on Timepiece and sets a fantastic pace, they que up behind and burn him off the last furlong, but wait he jinks on the horse when theres nothing near him....fantastic :clap Cant wait to see him feck up MIDDAY later...;)..If he leads on that wave bye to your cash if you have backed her.

A lot of bad rides spoken about' date=' but I'm with cpo here - I thought Murtagh rode them to sleep in the Derby. Easy to criticise all the others, but nonetheless, a masterpiece from Murtagh.[/quote'] Imagine the irony if he does the same tomorrow and beats Fallon again :D

Re: The Jockey Thread Whilst I acknowledge on the whole he is a good jockey, I personally hate Richard Hughes. Whenever I back anything ridden by him he rides it exactly the same way, every time - holds it up, travels all over them on the bridle, but finds nothing when asked. So, so frustrating because when he is on Group horses it looks brilliant to watch. Not so much in handicaps when he's giving the winner too much rope. :@

Whilst I acknowledge on the whole he is a good jockey' date=' I personally hate Richard Hughes. Whenever I back anything ridden by him he rides it exactly the same way, every time - holds it up, travels all over them on the bridle, but finds nothing when asked. So, so frustrating because when he is on Group horses it looks brilliant to watch. Not so much in handicaps when he's giving the winner too much rope. :@[/quote'] So you didn't back Volito I presume? :)

So you didn't back Volito I presume? :)
Nah, I avoid him where possible as he's too cocky for my liking. His effort on Rebecca Romero at Bath a month ago was the one that really had my tearing my hear out and tried to avoid him since.

Re: The Jockey Thread Tom Queally deserves an honourable mention after nearly costing Frankel the St James's Place Stakes? Why oh why did he kick him on so early? He was out on his feet as the line approached, just like in the Guineas. It was almost like watching Midday agonisingly clawed back by St Nicholas Abbey. However, muppet of the day must go to William Buick for his effort on Zigato in the Ascot Stakes. Well done Buick :$

Whilst I acknowledge on the whole he is a good jockey' date=' I personally hate Richard Hughes. Whenever I back anything ridden by him he rides it exactly the same way, every time - holds it up, travels all over them on the bridle, but finds nothing when asked. So, so frustrating because when he is on Group horses it looks brilliant to watch. Not so much in handicaps when he's giving the winner too much rope. :@[/quote'] Totally agree , the amount of times he's ducked when carrying my money is unreal , all because he wants to look like J Spencer.

Tom Queally deserves an honourable mention after nearly costing Frankel the St James's Place Stakes? Why oh why did he kick him on so early? He was out on his feet as the line approached, just like in the Guineas. It was almost like watching Midday agonisingly clawed back by St Nicholas Abbey. Agree , i think he's not a top class jockey yet , Fallon was a journeyman jockey up until his 30s . It wasn't until he became stable jock to Cecil that people started noticing. Queally has time on his side and will make it big soon. At this moment in time he sometimes loses when he shouldn't , strangely when wearing those Abdulla silks.

Re: The Jockey Thread Queally rode Frankel like a man lacking confidence. How the hell can you not be confident if you believe you are on a superstar of a horse. Absolutely no need to go so early. We know Frankel has a turn of foot and pace to burn, hold onto it until about 1f or 1 1/2f out and then let it unwind and sail clear. I honestly think if he had held on to it a bit longer it would have flown home and won in style. Spencer has at least held his hands up to a bad ride on Gatepost. He admits jockey error in that race, weaving all over the track and losing valuable lengths as those in front were already getting momentum and first run. Follow that next time out because it is better than we saw yesterday. I'm glad he takes responsibility rather than just slagging off "grandstand jockeys/armchair jockeys" like in the past. I wonder who will be the jockey of the day today, could easily see Ryan Moore landing a treble, probably on So You Think, Dance and Dance and Fire Lily.

Re: The Jockey Thread I think they will ride Frankel with far more restraint next time and he can easily beat those at least few lengths if they meet again. I like Queally, I think he's a great jockey and will only get better. He was scared to lose yesterday, but he shouldn't. Frankel settled and that's very good news for racing fans. We could see some spectacles later in the year. If So You think bolts up today, I wanna se Frankel and him over 10f. And also Fankel/Canford/Goldi over 1m.

I think they will ride Frankel with far more restraint next time and he can easily beat those at least few lengths if they meet again. I like Queally' date=' I think he's a great jockey and will only get better. [b']He was scared to lose yesterday, but he shouldn't. Frankel settled and that's very good news for racing fans. We could see some spectacles later in the year. If So You think bolts up today, I wanna se Frankel and him over 10f. And also Fankel/Canford/Goldi over 1m.
Key point in bold. The pressure of a nation, of riding an unbeaten so called wonderhorse seemed to get to him. It was settled fine as it was, no need to light it up like he did. I think the fact it settled is good, was not pulling for its head like previously. Hard to say if it will get 10f or 12f when we have not seen it settled until the last furlong or so. So You Think V Frankel over 10f would be excellent.

Key point in bold. The pressure of a nation' date=' of riding an unbeaten so called wonderhorse seemed to get to him. It was settled fine as it was, no need to light it up like he did. I think the fact it settled is good, was not pulling for its head like previously. Hard to say if it will get 10f or 12f when we have not seen it settled until the last furlong or so. So You Think V Frankel over 10f would be excellent.[/quote'] He will get 10f no problem. The way he settled yesterday. 14f probably next year, but I don't think there will be next year with him :)