** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread So Paul Roy instead of apologizing to all the industry and admitting what a big mistake this has been, found a way to excuse him and his team as if they have no fault for this and presented it as a coincidence that it didn't work. Quoting a tweet from Dave Crosse:

David Crosse Paul Roy,, liar,, he consulted 3-4 Jockeys not every1 as he is now telling RUK.. Get a grip!!
Heads should roll in the BHA if you ask me, but unfortunately can't see it happening.

Re: The Jockey Thread The rules are crazy. A lot of the horses travel well on the bridle and don't need to even see a whip until the last 2 furlongs, more so in flat races. There should be a sliding scale so if they break the rules by whipping the horse say once more than allowed they get a fine, if they smash the hell out of a horse and hit it loads they get banned and docked their winnings. Hitting a horse once more than allowed is not worthy of the punishment handed out. I expected all talk tonight to be of Frankel but once again the BHA have made a balls up and dominate the headlines. :(

Re: The Jockey Thread

We had a poll few years ago' date=' didn't we? Should the whip be banned altogether. Can't find it, but will keep searching for it. There were some interesting views there I remember.[/quote'] I remember saying if a jockey whipped hell out of a horse he should have his winnings taken from him and the horse disqualified. That would have meant me missing out with Ballabriggs but so be it. I don't think many jockeys hit the horses too many times very often, the main 2 I can think of are Rewilding and Ballabriggs. The rules needed changing but not like this.

We had a poll few years ago' date=' didn't we? Should the whip be banned altogether. Can't find it, but will keep searching for it. There were some interesting views there I remember.[/quote'] was it this thread? http://forum.punterslounge.com/f13/whip-abuse-would-you-change-rules-how-116354/?highlight=ban+whip

Re: The Jockey Thread Ridiculously over confident ride by Lee Newnes on Lady Of Burgundy in the 6.10, held her up so far back and left it ages before mounting a challenge, will need to see it again before confirming that opinion though. Convinced for a while that she had a race in her off this mark, huge price will be gone next time out but decent each way money i suppose.

Ridiculously over confident ride by Lee Newnes on Lady Of Burgundy in the 6.10, held her up so far back and left it ages before mounting a challenge, will need to see it again before confirming that opinion though. Convinced for a while that she had a race in her off this mark, huge price will be gone next time out but decent each way money i suppose.
Awful ride, mate. Especially under these rules. Not to mention switching her inside was the final nail in the coffin. The worst possible ride he could've given her he did. She was the "true" winner for me. Averaged 68.5 for the win on Betfair :puke

• 4 weeks later...

Re: The Jockey Thread I've been impressed with Jack Quinlan who's been riding the John Ferguson horses. The trainer is getting all the plaudits but this fella looks like a decent 5lbs claimer. He obviously has good horses under him but he keeps them covered up well without being too far off the pace. Seems to give his rides every chance which is all you want as a punter. No disgrace being narrowed beaten by Ruby Walsh/Nicholls the last 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Mileni what are your thoughts on Joe Tizzard' date=' is he as bad as he looks??[/quote'] I shouldn't have criticised him. It came back to bite me and he gave Hey Big Spender a peach of a ride to deny me a big winner :lol But yes, he is a bad jockey. Can't settle a horse, bad tactically and can't present a horse at the jumps. Just not a horseman really. I always think of him and Adrian Nicholls together. If their fathers hadn't given them their jobs, they'd struggle to ride any winners at all.

I actually thought he was gonna get HBS beat during the race' date=' couldn't find a stride for shit. He looks so poor in a finish, always panics too.[/quote'] Ye, but kicked at the right time and nothing could catch him, so tactically he did well. Horse got him out of trouble big time, was so bold with his jumping.

Re: The Jockey Thread Tizzard is a lot better today than years back. Think he should he won on Cue Card yesterday. Don't know how he managed to be Paul Nicholls number 1 jockey all those years ago. My monster punt on Double Thriller in the Grand National still haunts me. His face was on page 1 of the Racing Post on Grand National day saying how he was going to win . What happens in the race............he falls at the first fence , nationwide gamble down the pan.