** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread

One jockey that should not be riding is Sam Waley Cohen.. Had him backed the day he put Otage De Brion off the track and tried to say he pulled him up! His last 2 rides on Long Run have been awful and how he continues to get such a prestigious ride is beyond belief
Simple, because he's riding Daddies horse.

One jockey that should not be riding is Sam Waley Cohen.. Had him backed the day he put Otage De Brion off the track and tried to say he pulled him up! His last 2 rides on Long Run have been awful and how he continues to get such a prestigious ride is beyond belief
He can't ride Kemp the way Ruby does. I think he will get away with it in the Gold Cup and beat Kauto, because LR will just outstay Kauto up the hill. That being said he'll have to beat Grands Crus and that might not be that easy. Fascinating race.

Re: The Jockey Thread Dunno what more he could've done on Long Run tbh. Always been a dodgy jumper and has beaten off the rest bar Kauto in both starts, and according to figures Kauto is up there with the best form he's ever shown. I think Long Run wants a testing three miles minimum. Maybe he took Kauto on too soon at Haydock, but he was never gonna be A1 for that race.

Simple' date=' because he's riding Daddies horse.[/quote'] But they own the horses and are pumping the money in so I am not sure what the problem is (not abusing you personally Jimmy!). Punters just need to take that into account but the horse was purchased for Sam to ride the horse. At the end of the day the sport would be nothing without the Waley-Cohens putting money in. I don't really like it when people lay into him after a ride, knowing full well his ability as an amature before the race.

But they own the horses and are pumping the money in so I am not sure what the problem is (not abusing you personally Jimmy!). Punters just need to take that into account but the horse was purchased for Sam to ride the horse. At the end of the day the sport would be nothing without the Waley-Cohens putting money in. I don't really like it when people lay into him after a ride, knowing full well his ability as an amature before the race.
Mmmmm My old man can buy me a car, but that don't make me Sebastian Vettel.

But they own the horses and are pumping the money in so I am not sure what the problem is (not abusing you personally Jimmy!). Punters just need to take that into account but the horse was purchased for Sam to ride the horse. At the end of the day the sport would be nothing without the Waley-Cohens putting money in. I don't really like it when people lay into him after a ride, knowing full well his ability as an amature before the race.
I had no problems with Sam until he lied through his hole to the public after he fooked up on Otage De Brion! Lost respect for him after that

You still have to win the Grand Prix though
Its their horse and good luck to them. But if i Owned a top class chaser like Long Run, i would rather have a top class jockey riding him. Put it this way, if the old Queen owned Frankel, would you rather have Tom Queally riding, or Prince Harry ?

Sam Twiston was looking like the next champion' date=' but turned out average. Brendan definitely promising, but only time will tell.[/quote'] Yes very true , each year there will be about half a dozen promising young jockeys from both codes and most when their claims are ridden out often they end up as run of the mill jockeys , some embark on career changes. Someone said B Powell Jr is the best young jockey he's ever seen , i think that is an over estimation , he's promising but like mileni4uk says , only time will tell.

NTD yard have always ran hot and cold over the years and i put it down to that rather than Jockeys. Young William is going to be half decent aswell by the look of it.
Very very true ! Over the years when the NTD yard is out of form avoid their horses. But when they're in top form , you can back the stable blind and be confident. After years of punting you will see this trend.

Thats too harsh , the kid is an amatuer. If you have a punt you should have that in the back of your mind. There's nothing stopping you from buying your own Gold Cup contender and riding it yourself. Why spoil his dream ? He doesn't do it for the money he's super super rich.

Female Fin, if you tell a chick youl meet her at 8pm always turn up at 8:30 even then youl still be there before her.
brilliant :lol She just does my head in. She's claimed to be a good jockey by some and success on Margot Did last year helped boost her profile, but I suspect that horse was merely a steering job and she only won on him because she had to point him in a straight line and let him loose. I do remember one good ride Hayley put in on a horse called Clear Praise at Kempton last year, she took a pull leaving the stalls from a wide draw, held it up and delivered it late to perfection on that day, but it looks more and more like it was a lucky win, as time and time she gets shown up for what she is, very average. I try and ignore my hatred for her and back her to the normal strength stake as if a proper jock was on, but its getting to the stage now where that can no longer be the case. Anything she's on will be getting marked down a point or two in future

Thats too harsh , the kid is an amatuer. If you have a punt you should have that in the back of your mind. There's nothing stopping you from buying your own Gold Cup contender and riding it yourself. Why spoil his dream ? He doesn't do it for the money he's super super rich.
And the Otage De Brion incident?

He is a numpty! Tell you what, i firmly believe Long Run will win the GC, but with this guy onboard , they are giving Kauto a big chance of winning it! If Geraghty rode Long Run, i would probably put all my savings on Long Run to win the GC

He is a numpty! Tell you what, i firmly believe Long Run will win the GC, but with this guy onboard , they are giving Kauto a big chance of winning it! If Geraghty rode Long Run, i would probably put all my savings on Long Run to win the GC
What part of amateur do you not understand ? They own the horse , they can have who they want on it .

What part of amateur do you not understand ? They own the horse ' date=' they can have who they want on it .[/quote'] I know what a f*****g amateur is ! You would f*****g swear the chap only got up on a horse for the first time the way your talking! He has been riding horses all his bloody life, he has got 3 bans in a single month, he is a liar and i couldnt give a hoot who they put up on the horse, actually im delighted they have him on Long Run as i had Kauto backed the last two times he won! Derek O Connor is an amateur over here in Ireland, have a look at him riding a horse, he is quality! Sam W-C is a numpty and if they are taking the Gold Cup seriously, they will ship him! If they want to see their precious son finish 2nd in the Gold Cup this year, thats their choice

Re: The Jockey Thread Calling Sam Waley Cohen a numpty is being disrepectful to amateurs in general.There are many many amateurs with lesser abilities , can we not highlight his good points rather than the negatives. He had a tough time a few years back with his brother dying and being denied the chance to ride in the Grand National , me I'm happy for him he won a Gold Cup.

Calling Sam Waley Cohen a numpty is being disrepectful to amateurs in general.There are many many amateurs with lesser abilities ' date=' [b']can we not highlight his good points rather than the negatives. He had a tough time a few years back with his brother dying and being denied the chance to ride in the Grand National , me I'm happy for him he won a Gold Cup.
I would like to hear what his good points are!! Calling him a numpty is not disrespectful, its fact.

Re: The Jockey Thread I think you are being unfair to amateurs. I can think of quite a few professionals I regard as a booking with them as a big negative. Spencer is most definately one! conversely Nina Carberry especially in NHF is well ahead to me than maybe 50% perhaps more of so called professionals in ireland in that sphere! Katie Walsh is very good as well. I personally think Sam's problem may be perhaps the concentration required as he has so many things going on.An academic discussion anyway as he will be riding LongRun. On another note how good is Raul De Silva riding at the moment!!

I think you are being unfair to amateurs. I can think of quite a few professionals I regard as a booking with them as a big negative. Spencer is most definately one! conversely Nina Carberry especially in NHF is well ahead to me than maybe 50% perhaps more of so called professionals in ireland in that sphere! Katie Walsh is very good as well. I personally think Sam's problem may be perhaps the concentration required as he has so many things going on.An academic discussion anyway as he will be riding LongRun. On another note how good is Raul De Silva riding at the moment!!
My comment has nothing to do with other jockeys! I am speaking about Sam W-C alone, and nobody else! He wouldnt lace Nina Carberry's boots... Put Nina on Long Run in the Gold Cup and she will win it, there is always a dount with Sam the turnip on board.. Agree about Da Silva, very promising jockey!

conversely Nina Carberry especially in NHF is well ahead to me than maybe 50% perhaps more of so called professionals in ireland in that sphere! Katie Walsh is very good as well.
You may not know this but pros don't do NHF in Ireland , you won't ever see Ruby Walsh or a Roger Loughran riding in one of those races.

You may not know this but pros don't do NHF in Ireland ' date=' you won't ever see Ruby Walsh or a Roger Loughran riding in one of those races.[/quote'] Ruby has had a few rides on the NHF in Ireland! Had 1 at Ballinrobe, 6 at Killarney and a few others! :ok But the NHF is mainly used by amateurs, as the amateurs are highly regarded in this country, unlike in the UK!

Ruby has had a few rides on the NHF in Ireland! Had 1 at Ballinrobe, 6 at Killarney and a few others! :ok But the NHF is mainly used by amateurs, as the amateurs are highly regarded in this country, unlike in the UK!
I'm pretty sure Irish NHF are restricted to non professionals and has been for years. In all my years punting I've never really followed Irish racing much as it was not readily available in the past in the UK , unlike today. If I'm wrong about Ruby having a NHF ride in Ireland I apologise , maybe it has changed recently.

Re: The Jockey Thread poor ride by Daryll Jacob on Bold Cheif in the 2.05 Fontwell. Because he's now riding plenty for Nicholls I think he's getting bigger than his boots. No Daryll, you are not Ruby Walsh, and you cannot ride a novice hurdler like it is big bucks. Thanks very much, love Fintron x

poor ride by Daryll Jacob on Bold Cheif in the 2.05 Fontwell. Because he's now riding plenty for Nicholls I think he's getting bigger than his boots. No Daryll, you are not Ruby Walsh, and you cannot ride a novice hurdler like it is big bucks. Thanks very much, love Fintron x
No, he's always been that bad. I cant believe he's getting so many of the Nicholls horses. Schofield is just as bad too