** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Jockey Thread

Re: The Jockey Thread Most people talking about Queally's ride yesterday but did anyone else think William Buick gave Zigato a poor ride in the 2m 4f race? I think Buick is a good jockey but this was definitely not one of his best rides. The horse may be a bit quirky but he was way too far back coming into the straight. He absolutely flew home but the bird had well and truly flown at that stage.

Re: The Jockey Thread Zigato was given far too much to do. Will never know if he would have beaten Velied but he would have got much closer. Frankel for me was given another shocker. Yes he won but he very nearly got beat! I would seriously consider another jockey for the horse as I feel Queally panics

Re: The Jockey Thread Every time Hughsie rides a winner I want to puke. He can ride them well when he wants, but just doesnt give a fcuk in the low level handicaps unless he's chasing a title. Rode for his life at the end of last year when going after Hanagan. Great riding so far this week though, I rest my case. :)

Re: The Jockey Thread

Every time Hughsie rides a winner I want to puke. He can ride them well when he wants' date=' but just doesnt give a fcuk in the low level handicaps unless he's chasing a title. Rode for his life at the end of last year when going after Hanagan. Great riding so far this week though, I rest my case. :)[/quote'] Cant stand him also , he is very talented when he can be arsed.

Every time Hughsie rides a winner I want to puke. He can ride them well when he wants' date=' but just doesnt give a fcuk in the low level handicaps unless he's chasing a title. Rode for his life at the end of last year when going after Hanagan. Great riding so far this week though, I rest my case. :)[/quote'] Yep, to be fair I've been slagging him off on here but he had Strong Suit well positioned today given the way the race was run. Why can't he do that more often?

Queally looked the winner 2 out on Chaichamaidee ' date=' didn't push the button until it was too late.May have won had he kicked on and got a few lengths up.[/quote'] Spot on, Queally is fecking incompetent and can not judge pace, he lost later at Kempton going to the front too soon, hes that bad Jackie Quest refused to race for Murtagh the other day. Look at Queallys record the last few months ...terrible.

Spot on, Queally is fecking incompetent and can not judge pace, he lost later at Kempton going to the front too soon, hes that bad Jackie Quest refused to race for Murtagh the other day. Look at Queallys record the last few months ...terrible.
Disagree, Chaichamaidee just didnt really find much, best horse won and would have no matter what Queally done.

Re: The Jockey Thread If Adrian Nicholls wasn't Dandy Jr, would he be working at a McDonalds? He can't ride, he just can't ride. He's joined Sam Thomas on my never, ever, no matter if it's Frankel he's riding in a claimer, will I part with cash in his direction again.

Re: The Jockey Thread I thought Makin rode that final furlong really well in the first, balanced in the saddle as it showed on TV and was hands and heels to the line, not having to rely on smashing hell out of the horse to get it up and win. Great stuff. :ok

Re: The Jockey Thread I do like Makin meself, good steady wee jockey. My thoughts on Adrian Nicholls have been a long time brewing, after watching him in the 1st 2 races today I felt a need to finally get it out of me! He is not a jockey. Next time I'm bored late at night I'm gonna make facebook appreciation pages for both those fookers, will link here when I get round to it.

Re: The Jockey Thread Totally agree about Makin. Would also like to complement Richard Kingscote. 2 winners is a cracking achievement, despite being on 2 cracking horses. He let Brown Panther ease past other horses and didn't try to be flash by holding his charge up. Hit the front too soon but the horse was travelling so well. Well done lad:ok Also, a mention to Nicky Mackay. Great ride on Sagramor but it was his interview afterwards I liked. Clearly choked up and emotional, he really summed up what it means to these lesser known jockeys.

Disagree' date=' Chaichamaidee just didnt really find much, best horse won and would have no matter what Queally done.[/quote'] Yes best horse won , but for that furlong when Queally was motionless , if he had kicked on and went 2 lengths clear the eventual winner would of had to make up that extra 2 lengths which may have made a difference.

Spot on, Queally is fecking incompetent and can not judge pace, he lost later at Kempton going to the front too soon, hes that bad Jackie Quest refused to race for Murtagh the other day. Look at Queallys record the last few months ...terrible.
Had a few quid on that ride , went too early again , bit like his Midday ride. He will make be top jockey in the next 5 years ,just lacking tactical awareness given his youth.

Had a few quid on that ride ' date=' went too early again , bit like his Midday ride. He will make be top jockey in the next 5 years ,just lacking tactical awareness given his youth.[/quote'] Youth has nothing to do with it, he lacks intelligence. He is the luckiest jockey on the planet to be where he is, I said somewhere when FRANKEL gets beat it will be Queallys fault. Hes clueless. Barzalona is young, Buick is young. Both class jockeys.

Re: The Jockey Thread Barzalona is riding great, but so was Buick last year and the year before. This season he is riding shocker after shocker. Let's just wait. You are accusing Queally despite him winning on Frankel, but you fail to aknowledge the constant stinkers by Ryan Moore. I lost count of the odds-on favs he lost on in the last few weeks. According to you he was the best jockey currently riding? Well Quealy did win on Frankel despite going too early. Ryan didn't win on So Yo Think. Queally has been short of confidence lately, has had few 2nds. He is much much better than this though. Midday in the Breeders Cup, that is the real Queally for me.

Re: The Jockey Thread No complaints on Buick for that ride, was always going well and instead of holding too long let the horse stride on when it wanted too, kept it up to it's work very well. Best horse admittedly but still, good start for him on what could well be a big day.

You are accusing Queally despite him winning on Frankel, but you fail to aknowledge the constant stinkers by Ryan Moore. I lost count of the odds-on favs he lost on in the last few weeks. According to you he was the best jockey currently riding? Well Quealy did win on Frankel despite going too early. Ryan didn't win on So Yo Think.
Point proven there in that race mate. Jamie Spencer gets crucified for hold up rides like that. If Moore had that horse mid division it would have had to have had a chance of getting closer to Nathaniel there. Didn't back either of them so not talking out of my pocket. Just felt Moore gave the horse too much to do, it was full of running, had plenty of stamina and was well supported, arrogance to think you can go last to first when the favourite has first run and about a 10 length advantage. Buick on the other hand gave Nathaniel a great ride, kicked it on and was always staying that trip. looks like we might have a decent Leger for a change. :ok

Re: The Jockey Thread I'm usually a fan of George Baker's but that was attrocious just now on 'Robin Hoods Bay' @ Goodwood. Running all over the top of them 2 furlongs out, gap was there and just wouldn't go through it. When he eventually did he had more or less stopped riding. Did certainly not ride it out for best possible finishing position. Placepot punters won't be happy. That type of thing (not riding out when you aren't going to win) should come with a big ban. Frankie is another master at it, as much as I love the crazy wee Italian. Big time pet hate of mine.