** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value announced

morlspin

PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value announced  

1. 1.

• Hell Yeah, wouldn't miss it for the world
    • Will confirm later, but am interested
    • Not Sure
    • No, sorry, i cant make it

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Ok PLOmaha Results Alan Steer (Teaulc) is the PL Omaha Champion and receives just under £300, a gold bracelet and a seat in the €100k gtd on Paradise Poker Steve Hall is the runner up and also takes out Simon Trumper to win the bounty prize of a DTD Chipset

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou

Down to 3 now. Teaulc, Simon and AA_Hall. Saffy has just gone out in 4th... On a 8 9 10 board, teaulc was sitting with 10 10 J Q as Staffy pushed in with his trip 8's. Needless to say teaulc insta-calls and it's goog game for staffy cashing in 4th for £55. Taulc and AA_Hall have the majority of chips remaining...
:clap:clap:clap

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Quality night had by all. Finished 4th in the Omaha as you have been told cant get away from my hand in the SB so no complaints. In the Holdem my AK lost to Teaulc AK after he hit his flush on the river so no conplaints there really. Happy with the way I played in both games and was great fun. Was good to see everyone again and looking forward to the next.

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou gogogogo Al! Well played sir. Now continue that form in the team challenge ;) Glad to hear everyone had a wicked time :ok Hopefully I can sort myself out and attend next time! Would be nice to meet you all... ...would I still be saying that afterwards though? :lol

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Steve Hall (AA Hall) Wins the PLWSOP NL Holdem Event, around £500(deal made) a package to the paradise poker live event in london worth €1k and the championship bracelet. Simon (superfoo) finishes as runner up and wins £500 (deal made) and a seat in the 100k gtd on boss media WD Lads

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Thanks to everyone who made it yesterday. We have the best bunch of members a forum could ask for, everyone played in good spirits and the laughs we had over the weekend were tremendous. See you again very soon!

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Just wanna say what a good welcome I had into the PL group. I felt abit pigsick last night after finishing 3rd with my JJ vs superfoo's 33 and he spiked a 3, really wanted to win but I guess thats the way it goes sometimes, when its not meant to be , its not meant to be. Thanks to everybody who organised it, and paradise for the added value. Cheers guys Liam

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou

Steve Hall (AA Hall) Wins the PLWSOP NL Holdem Event, around £500(deal made) a package to the paradise poker live event in london worth €1k and the championship bracelet. Simon (superfoo) finishes as runner up and wins £500 (deal made) and a seat in the 100k gtd on boss media WD Lads
Cheers Guys what a weekend lots of :beer:beer:cheers:cheers and loads of laughter :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin Sorry to anyone i busted out and a big thanks to everyone who arranged this morls and paradise :clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Was a cracking night, some sick beats, (especially Eric getting stiffed by the same hand from the same person as last year) but all played in good fun. Pleased with an Final Table (8th) on omaha and 4th in the Hold 'Em (a cash at last!!) Good to see you all (though I did get a headache from sitting between Superfoo and AA Hall on the NLHE final table!!!):\ Thanks to Paul, Graeme and Gaz for the organisation, and Ewan from Paradise!!

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou had a fantastic afternoon/evening...good to meet up with everyone again. still hasnt sunk in that i have won my 1st Live Event and PLO at that :loon well done Steve on winning the NLHM :clap:clap a very profitable day for you imo,just goes to show that loose agressive play works when the cards run for you. felt really bad about doing Staffy in both tourney`s, makes a change for me for the River to be kind. bring on the next meet :ok many thanks to PL,Morls and Ewan @ Paradise for laying this on

You should not feel bad about knocking me out of both events. Both hands played themselves really. All good and you deserved your win.
thankyou for that :ok but you were so unlucky at times it was cruel. and we all moan about online poker,just goes to show even Live poker is as bad

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Great do everyone. :clap We arrived as the Omaha was on the FT. Enjoyed catching up with everyone again and a few I'd not met before. Proved I cannot mix drinking wine with playing poker by making a reasonably early exit after losing too many chips calling a double all-in I should have left alone and then thinking I was the BB when I was UTG so losing an extra blind (and worse, then folding to Foo's raise when I should have just pushed all in blind with it). Anyway, gave me more time in the excellent VIP room (where most of the other Mods seemed also to be :$). Slapdash and I, both Wii Virgins, challenged each other to a game. What would it be - baseball, golf, tennis, bowling? No, Brain Training! Neither of us knew what we were doing on any of the tasks so I think the result was Wii 1 - 0 Slapdash and Avon. (OK, I'll own up, I lost. :ok) Then, we moved on to the Quiz machine along with Ranny, Ewan and McG. Sad to say, we lost on that too. :lol Watched the NLHE FT from the bubble and it was great entertainment. Well done to Steve, Simon, Liam, Dan and Mark :clap and also to Alan for the PLO win. :clap Big thank you for all the work put in organising it - morls and Paul mainly I think :clap and to Ewan on behalf of Paradise Poker our sponsors. :clap

Slapdash and I, both Wii Virgins, challenged each other to a game. What would it be - baseball, golf, tennis, bowling? No, Brain Training! Neither of us knew what we were doing on any of the tasks so I think the result was Wii 1 - 0 Slapdash and Avon.
I'm still disappointed that they didn't have Wii Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation. :sad

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Enjoyed the tourneys and banter, nice to meet a few different faces. The NLHE structure seemed a little faster than last year ?? And a special mention for bad beat receiver of the evening for Karl (Jones12345) who twice ended up hitting top pair on the flop, and lost the hand to his opponents 72 offsuit when we twice had a 7 on the turn and a 2 on the river. The second time being knocked out by a skilfull all in call of 10 Big Blinds by eventual winner Steve (AAHall) with his 72 off beating Karls AQs

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Congratulations to Al, Steve and all the others who cashed. I finished midway in both tournaments. My poker highlight was 72o'ing Heniek early on in the holdem with a preflop raise, continuation bet, and check-raise on the turn. (Though I suspect I might actually have been ahead ... Heniek?) A great day/night out, as expected. Nice to meet a few new faces, as well as many familiar ones.

Enjoyed the tourneys and banter, nice to meet a few different faces. The NLHE structure seemed a little faster than last year ?? And a special mention for bad beat receiver of the evening for Karl (Jones12345) who twice ended up hitting top pair on the flop, and lost the hand to his opponents 72 offsuit when we twice had a 7 on the turn and a 2 on the river. The second time being knocked out by a skilfull all in call of 10 Big Blinds by eventual winner Steve (AAHall) with his 72 off beating Karls AQs
All i can say really is SORRY;):lol:lol:lol:lol 72o is the nuts:notworthy:notworthy

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Great to hear that is was another successful event :clap:clap Well done all on getting to Ft's, and to Al and Steve for the wins :clap Shame my moving house coincided with this, but I will be there next year

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Congrats to Steve and Al. :clap:clap As for me, early exits, but that's hardly a shock. I think I drank myself sober in the end too, which is a bizarre experience that has only happened once before. I suppose that's what happens when you're drinking double JD's from 2pm until 3am. :loon

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Great night and thanks to all for organisation.. Morls,Paul,Ewan etc... good to catch up with you all again. Got back to hotel about 6am after taxi driver dropped me nowhere near hotel :( ..Beer scooter came to rescue though... Cheers Mike

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Thanks to everyone who organised this especially Morls, Gaz & Paul, also to Ewan from Paradise. Had a great time although the poker was fairly non eventful for me. Congratulations to Teaulc on the PLO win and to the two quietest players I've ever had the pleasure of playing against for their one two in the holdem, AAHall and Superfoo. It was great to meet up with you and put faces to names after a long time on this forum.