** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value announced

morlspin

PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value announced  

1. 1.

• Hell Yeah, wouldn't miss it for the world
    • Will confirm later, but am interested
    • Not Sure
    • No, sorry, i cant make it

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Just want to echo the thanks to all those involved with the organisation of this great event, everything was spot on and made for a great day. Also thatnks to everyone who turned up and made a 'PL do' virgin as myself feel very welcome, well worth the 5 hour round trip!!! Apologies for a couple of the beats, main ones were LB44 at a crucial point and Runadrum was also a victim of one which sent him to the rails - no apologies to ste though with my 7-5 cracking his 77:loon Aplogies for the headaches I dished out as anyone at the later tables of the holdem will attest to - its bad enough my mouth doesnt close but it got louder and LOUDER as the night went on, if it makes any of you feel better Ive still got a headache now!!! Well played to Steve who I will blame my increasing decibels on:ok only joking mate. I also purchased his bounty chips off him and after guarding them with my life for the remainder of Saturday night, I mangaed to leave them in the hotel room on Sunday:cry All in all a fantastic day, great to put a face to a lot of you guys - even though when I said Superfoo Id usually get a look followed by "God, Ive cursed you a few times!!" haha. Only reinforced what I already thought about this forum - cracking bunch of people!!!:nanaUntil next time.....

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou

starting numbers for each tourney? I'm doing a little write-up of this with pics in the next issue of WPT Poker. (If Morl gets me some photos in time :) )
i think it was 23 for the Omaha and 33 for the Holdem :ok

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Another excellent PL do. Had a thoroughly great day/night/morning. Was nice to meet a few new faces and of course the usual suspects ;). Slight disappointment was the numbers but I guess that means more added value for us ;). As for me, enjoyed the omaha but as expected was out quite early on. Congrats to Alan for the win, his game has came on so much from when I first became a member of PL that he is almost a different player now and that has came from hard work and we are now finally seeing the rewards (but weren't you talking about having a break Al?! :loon). The hold'em, I just never got going at all. I luckily hit my flush on the river against a certain Mr Ross, Sorry :$, I also got so many pocket pairs it was unreal but didn't win any of those pots. I should have been out very early tbh when I had KK, trapping UTG by flat calling, milber min-raised to which I re-raised and was called. When an Ace came on the flop I instantly gave it up and was cursing my luck until milber showed pocket aces!! :loon I went out about 23rd/24th after making some dodgy calls and generally not playing well but off to the excellent VIP room where we all had a ball! :ok Many congrats to AA_Hall on the win and to Superfoo for the runners up position. :clap Big big thanks has to go to Morls, Paul and Ewan(Paradise). Once again the event was a success and its all down to you guys, I know how much work went on behind the scenes and it was well worth it :clap. PL TV. Well I didn't get as much footage as I'd like because 1. I was getting pissed :lol and 2. The battery ran out half way through the Hold'em final table :eyes. The footage that I did get is with morls though so until I see him then I won't be able to get it up :( but will try and get it sorted ASAP. :ok

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Just got some sense back to brain after all that booze:beerx ???? Well what a weekend as usual a cracking tournament and greatly setup by Morls Gaz Paul and Ewan Thanks Guys:clap:clap Well early start for me Bags and the Mrs getting to Notts Sat morning around 10am checking in and getting started in the Bar next door at 12pm :cheers met up with Alan and made our way over to DTD at 1pm where it was closed. So shot over the road and had a couple of drinks in a mexican where all three of us learnt a little Italian while taking a slash:lol Got to DTD at 2pm to see all the usual faces and was great to meet you all again and the new guys.:welcome After last years FT finish and bubbling i vowed that this year i would make FT again in the NLHE and cash well that certainly came true :dude and also getting HU with Alan in the PLO which i never expected cause im not the best in the world:dude and Congrats mate:clap:clap:clap:clap I want to Sincerly apologise to Jones1234 for calling his preflop raise with 72o knowing he was short stacked and just had a feeling with a flop of XXQ him hitting top pair and consequently pushing his last 1100 i think in i called with NOTHING and hit runner runner 7 2 to take him out:dude:puke:spank The FT was great went in i think 2nd chip leader and newbie to the forum LB44 (liam) i think :$ and getting involved with him a couple of times when all i needed to do was sit back and let the short stacks do it for me and by the mate i had you beat on J 10 x flop think bags told me what you had at the end and had you out kickered by 1 card :lol Great HU battle with Superfoo (Simon) Great deal and very well played but you have got to be the loudest person i know and a very bad influence:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin Very well played to all and a Cracking weekend as usual :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Oh and ksportz hope the red wine comes out mate :hope if not ill sort you out cause mine are still sitting in the bag:hope Good job the Titty Bar was closed when we left cause Foo and Bags was calling that the next port of call and i was in no fit state to argue LOL

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Well, to save Karl the pain of reliving the hand himself, I'll tell you what REALLY happened in THAT hand. With Steve Hall in the BB for 200, Karl raised to 600 with AJ, folded round to Steve, who had yet another swig of Rum and Coke, looked down at his own stack of about 6000 chips, asked Karl how much he had left (about 1900), and said "I'll put him all-in". Karl muttered "I have a bad feeling about this", but still made the call. Steve turned over 72o, claiming that he wanted to make Karl fold. Jack and no help on the flop, and I made the cardinal error of telling Karl, "you're OK - there's your Jack" :$ 7 on the turn, 2 on the river, and Jonesy was left cursing his luck through VERY clenched teeth. Really good to meet up with others again. Rob and I had skipped the Omaha to have a spot of lunch at Hooters in town :ok, then get to DTD for the main event of drinking :beer. Just lost out to Griff in the Wii Bowling, then got my butt well kicked by Uber in Wii Baseball, despite hitting one out of the Park :nana. I remember joining Slap, AG and Ranny at the quiz machine late on, with Ranny pressing the buttons, and going out in a blaze of glory :unsure. Good to meet up with old friends and others I've not seen (or perhaps not remembered ;)) from before. As for the poker, my best hand was the very first one, with Ad10d, with me making the straight and the nut flush draw by the turn, but I got a bit greedy with Simon (superfoo) and frightened him off his weaker flush draw by raising too much :spank. Nothing much after that, and was out some time after the break when I tried to win the blinds from 1 off the button with KTo, got raised by "Staffy's Debbie" from the BB, but I called, and didn't mind seeing 89T rainbow. Shove from Debbie, and I ponced around for ages before calling, hoping she had made a C-Bet with AK or AQ. She turned over KcJc, and I realised that I was ahead - well, for one more card, when the 7 came, making her a straight :sad Congrats to Al for the Omaha bracelet - he wasted no time in putting it on :eek Simon - yes, you are just about the noisiest player I know (apart from that Scouse bloke at the last Virgin Festival). Steve Hall - how the hell did you do it? Hogging the non-camera, being the slowest folder in town :lol Liam - hard lines - must have been tough at the end, a bit like being a Kindergarten Cop. Big thanks to all who organised the day, and here's to the next one :ok

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou There was a serious gay feel about my table, towards the end I seem to remember too. McG Junior was "stroking" me, and I must say I left the table with no chips, but feeling very violated. :sad GeordieGaz and Morlspin were encouraging it too, perhaps they were all going for a gay gangbang afterwards. I had to shower several times, but I don't think I will ever really recover. :(

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou

McG Junior was "stroking" me' date=' and I must say I left the table with no chips, but feeling very violated. :sad [/quote'] Kinda the point - knock you out, get your chips ;)

and cop a feel in the process

Thanks. :ok Only placings I know are the NLHE cashers milber 5th (deal made), SpurMan 4th, LB 3rd, Foo 2nd and AyeAyeAwl 1st.
Just to add that MrsStaffy was 8th, MrsColU was 7th & Galronix 6th (Ko'd in same hand, which I shall not go into to save Eric from having that really sick feeling again!). Eric 6th on basis of having more chips than MrsC.

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou What a great day saturday was the poker was,nt great for me but i live to fight another day,a big thank you to all that organised the event although numbers were down on last year it was just as good.A big well done to al on his omaha triumph well done mate really pleased for you,and well done to steve on the nlhe triumph well done mate great win :ok:ok:ok:ok.I would just like to mention one thing that made me chuckle :lol:lol:lol:lol having just gone out of the nlhe event headed off to the VIP room walked in the door and there was this very fit waitress playing wii bowling and stood about 5 yards behind her was ewan(paradiseguy) and ben admiring the view and not the bowling eh guys ;););););) :lol:lol. ps Would just like to mentoin a big thank you to steve (AAHall) after knocking me out of the main event and after about 1000 apologies as offered to buy me into a live event of my choice once a week for the next 72o years :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol ;);););););););)

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou A great couple of days and a big thanks to Graeme, Gaz, Paul and Ewan for organising yet again a great PL event. :notworthy Congrats to Al & Steve for your wins and also everyone who cashed. :clap It was great to see all the old faces and great to meet a few new faces as well. A few of you may have noticed I was not my usual pi$$ed self. I tried hard to get a few down during the afternoon but the pain in my rear was very bad at times and could not get drunk enough to numb the pain. :( Anyway, came 19th on the friday night with 81 runners, last man standing I believe. :dude 17th in the Omaha after my 10h 10d Jd Ac all in run into Simon's 5 7 hit a straight on the river. :wall:wall 6th in the NLHE after my all in with 3 3 and a 3 on the flop ran into Simon's K 7 who hit a straight on the river again. :wall:wall Frustrating to say the least. Would have called if it was me so no complaints. :ok Had a great time and look forward to seeing you all on the next one. :hope

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Congrats to Hall and Teaulc the totally deserved bracelet winners IMO :clap:clap Was a quality day organised brilliantly by DTD, Morls, Paradise etc. and i got a free poker lesson from Simon Trumper on the omaha final table :lol when i called him with AQxx on an A999x board and proudly turned over my winning hand ready to scoop the pot after Simon flips over pocket kings only to be told my hand was Ace high not a full house :lol it was kind of hard to cover up my noobness in front of everyone on and around the final table :lol:$ Apart from luck boxing my way to successive omaha final tables i bluffed off 1/3 of my stack on the very 1st hand of the hold'em and never recovered :( Other highlights were watching MOTD on the flat screen directly above the cash table whilst milking some random people of their money, eventually ended £30 up. And earlier on getting battered (hustled) 6-0 by Morls on the wii baseball :lol Great day :clap

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou my highlight had to be either hens reaction after the polish waitress had wound him up about his dancing:rollin:rollin or the cat farming discussion:rollin:rollin my lowlight was the poker:eyesout early in every game,didnt play too well and pretty cold decked as well:\ well done al:clap:clap and steve:beer:beer:beer pls answer to scotty nguyen:lol many thanks to paul ,morls and euan from paradise for helping to sort out a great days fun:clap:clap:clap

Re: PL WSOP 2009, DTD 12th September - Sponsored by Paradise Poker- Added value annou Hi Steve,

Hope you are well.

I tried to call you yesterday to discuss options.

The satellites for the London leg of our tour start on 5th October and they will alternate daily between a €50+5 freezeout and a €30+3 rebuy.

As you already have your London seat secured (12th-13th December at Empire) would like to offer you the following alternatives:

• Save the 2 €50+5 satellite seats for one of our future events (Prague Feb, Madrid May, Bulgaria July)

• Let me enter you into €110 worth of MTTs of your choice. The one I think would be particularly apt for you as king bounty hunter is our new €15k GTD head hunter tournament at 6p.m. on a Sunday. Buy in is €50+5 and there was a tasty overlay of almost €5k last Sunday so there is some value to be had.

Congratulations again for all your success last weekend and let me know what you want to do re the prizes.

Ewan